Old 05-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Spring Into Action Chat Thread Week 2 (05/27/13 - 06/02/13)

Okay this is just the start of the week 2 in case I don't get a chance to come back later and post them.

Welcome to week 2 Blue Team we can do this
Old 05-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team:

Total Lost: 36.9 lbs (-0.85%)

Blue Team Biggest Loser: jessicado22 (-8.0 lbs, -3.54%)

Honorable Mentions:

Dumplin (-7.0 lbs, -3.20%)
2muchbelly (-7.0 lbs, -2.92%)
Bigmid (-4.8 lbs, -2.77%)

Congratulations to all the week 1 losers ! It's a great start ... let's keep it up for week 2 team !
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

I'm late coming to the party but here goes... my name is Leslie and I share the Blue Team co-leadership with Bigmid. I apologize for not being here for the start of the challenge but it's been a 'bit' hectic around here.

My husband took a job in Boston at the end of September 2012 and ours dogs and I have finally moved to be with him again. He flew to Seattle and we drove across the country with all 3 dogs late April/early May. Since then we haven't stopped going with everything needed for the new house. We also listed and sold our house in Seattle and had his parents and brother here for almost 2 weeks.

This week is finally looking like it might settle down a bit. Diet and exercise have been far from good on this end and the scale has been going the wrong way unfortunately. I'm getting back in the groove and buckling down again.

Looking forward to this challenge ! Here's to a great week 2 !!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

Great job on week #1 everyone!

LeslieB - wow, sounds like a big move! Glad you're back with hubby!

I'm motivated by this challenge and look forward to week 2!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #5  

CONGRATULATIONS: Jessicado22, dumplin, and 2muchbelly for being the biggest losers this week....I'm amazed I made it in there too as there were some great losses this week.

WTG BLUE TEAM

I have to really buckle down this week to make up for today....I was actually hungry all day long no matter what I ate...crazy.

Here's to a great week 2 everyone

Glad to have you back Leslie:-)

Kayin - these challenges are pretty great for motivation-)
Old 05-27-2013, 02:53 AM   #6  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Cool - first week on our side of the roster! Congrats to all our biggest loser winners , but we're all doing awesome. I'm just so glad to be still losing and with you all.

Got a lot done here on the "Northwest Savannah" today. I'm very pleased to say the least. The hard work out there is already got me another pound down - win, win!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/178/119

Height: 5"1

Hiya everyone

I'm another one whose late to the party. I've never been good at being consistant with weight loss and I have a bad habit of binge weeks where I don't seem to stop eating crap.And then, as part of my head in the sand routine, I avoid sites like this which could inspire/uilt me back on track. Anyway, I'm back on the team with a bit of a gain from last week, but not too much. Hopefully, if I make a commitment to post on here every day or so I will not be able to avoid the site for so long and get back on track in the future.

Anyway, about me I'm Hannah, I live in Edinburgh (Scotland) and I'm 18 (does that make me the youngest team member?) I've always been overweight, right from when I was a kid but the last few years ago I've put on an extra 3 stone putting me well into the obese BMI category. So many other things in my life have been getting truly wonderful and I feel so happy and confident in other areas of my life that I've just got fed up of treating my body the way I do. I'm also fed up of my fitness levels deciding whether or not I can do something that I really want to do.

One of the things I need support with is the fact that I am in a rather strange living situation. I'm a full time volunteer living in a community house with a mix of other volunteers and young people who were at a risk of homelessness. Its something that I find really enjoyable but it does have a lot of challenges weight loss wise. We always have a lot of food around (ooooh the temptation), I have little choice over the dinner option (we take it in turns to cook dinner and while the food isn't especially unhealthy there is a dearth of vegetables and not all of it is stuff I would make for myself), it is occasionally stressfull (ooooh stress eating) and sometimes boring (oooh boredom eating). To top that all off there are often days that volunteers are in all day and it is difficult for me to stick to any consistent exercise plan. So yeah, any support with those things would be helpful!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone and loosing some weight. Massive congratulations for all of our biggest losers!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #8  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

CONGRATULATIONS jessicado22, dumplin, 2muchbelly and bigmid well done to all other losers, some fantastic numbers this week

lesle im so pleased for you, the move has been a long time in the coming
kayin i too find the challenge motivating
bigmid those 'hungry' days are rather frustrating arent they
dora your savannah looks great. What a lovely pic of your husband and daughter
angelicus welcome! Wow a full time live in volunteer at 18, amazing! I can only imagine the challenges you face while trying to lose weight.

My brother had a heart attack last week, his second! He is doing well which is brilliant. My dog just had a few lumps removed, one of which is worrying. They have sent it for testing unfortunately i have allowed these things to bugger up my eating and exercising (have to make sure Josie leave her stiches alone) hoping to stay on track ths week.
good luck for week 2
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Wow...3.54%. That is inspiring when it is put into figures like that. Thanks!

Way to go everyone else too! Let's kick butt for week two too!

LeslieB -- wow, Seattle to Boston. That has got to be quite the change! No wonder you've been busy!! Hope things slow down for you and you have time to focus on your journey

Doragone -- that must be fun exercise to work on your property. I attempted a garden this year, but the cats keep using where I plant as a litter box, argh. (We have 3 outdoor cats and a medium city yard). So that, combined with the new baby have made me decide not to focus on gardening this year. I planted a few things and am calling it good. But I do wish I had the space and resources you've got! It looks great

angelicus -- welcome! Your current situation sounds fun! But I know that it is hard to focus on weight loss when in a blended environment. Hopefully you are able to find your groove! And Scotland -- I'm officially jealous!!!

Tkkoz -- sorry to hear about your brother, but glad to hear he is doing well. Always so scary! And the stress with your dog...hope the results come back okay.

The scale is down another pound...I weighed myself 3 times to make sure, lol. I have been kicking my running up a notch, but still the scale seems to be moving really fast this week. Guess I won't complain and just enjoy it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful memorial day. The hubby (OIF vet) is having some military buddies over for a BBQ, so I'm taking the kiddos out to a movie and might possible do some shopping. I need some new clothes, lol
Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

ahh.. week 1 down... and it was a success.. 4 lbs gone for me.. the past few days haven't been the best for me (eating wise) since i am going on vacation next week hopefully i will be moving a lot more since i will be at the lake and i love to swim and plus i will be with my parents so that means a little big healthier food then what i cook or buy.. haha
congrats everyone.. my weigh in date is on wednesday and i am up 2 lbs from last week.. so hopefully i can lose those 2 lbs within the next two days :/
Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #11  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Way to go Jessica!!! As well as the other big winners on our team, that is awesome!!!!

Leslie~ Glad you are here now, also congrats on the move and being able to be with your husband again! I know things must be pretty chaotic with so much going on but we are all glad you are here
Bigmid~ Congrats on your loss this week, you can buckle down so no worries there!
Dora~ That's awesome to be another pound down, way to go!
Hannah~ Welcome to the challenge! It's always good to have more of the team involved in chat and helping each other!
Tania~ I am sorry to hear about your dog and your brother but I am super glad your brother is doing okay! I know that type of stress can be really hard not only physically but mentally as well, good for you for staying focused!

My goal this week is to reach 243. That's basically a 1.2lb loss for the week, and I am making it that since my husband and I have been doing Insanity and my muscles are sore, so I know I might be holding on to water for a good portion of the week. As long as I lose though, I will be happy no matter how small the loss is!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #12  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Jessica, what is OIF? I am asking out of curiosity, my husband is AD Army right now. Also on top of the congrats for being the Biggest Loser for the week, congrats on already losing another pound!!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

ajlee35 - congrats on the 4 pounds! And hope you have fun on your vacation

Pink Hurricane - 1.2 sounds totally doable. Especially with the Insanity workout. I am trying to get the hubby to start doing P90x with me. I am not toning up at all, and I need to do something other than running to firm things up

OIF = Operation Iraqi Freedom. Sorry forget others might not know the same terms.... How long has your hubby been in? And thanks! Seems kinda crazy how many pounds I am losing lately...must be the breastfeeding!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #14  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hi all and welcome Hannah from Scotland - all I can say is it's all in the planning. I've found if I don't plan my meals, I eat whatever's there when I open the fridge. Can you make ahead some healthy meals and snacks somehow? I like the way you nailed all the kinds of eating - stress, boredom. You being aware of it is a big step - stick with us, you'll make it.

I thought I had blown it last night. Got really hungry and had 3 pieces of Dave's killer bread with chunky peanut butter and honey. So I put it all down in my Spark People nutrition and my whole day was still only 1335 calories. That showed me how important it is for me to keep it written down.

Holding onto my 1 lb loss so far - need one more lb to keep up my 10-lb-a-month rhythm. I think I can do that in 5 more days. Then . . . single digits, yay!!!

Here's to a great second week B-losers
Old 05-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: tickers

Height: 5'9

wow.. honorable mention!
i would have never thought.

I hope this week goes well for us all.