Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 12 (Mar 25/13 - Mar 31/13)

Here are the week 11 results

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Frozen Fiesta official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 15.8 lbs or 0.40%

Our Biggest Loser:
AyeAye55 (-5.8 lbs, 2.93%)

Honourable Mentions: hahnj (-5.4 lbs, 2.54%)
ArmyGirl (-3.0 lbs, 1.47%)

Changergirl (-2.6 lbs, 1.42%)

While it was a quiet week on the chat boards, most of the team did weigh in on time! Well done.

2 weeks left team. Time to turn on the steam & finish strong.

YOU are Strong Beautiful Women- You CAN DO IT!!!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 03-24-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #2  

Since I closed the post after a few had posted- I am copying their posts to this thread so they don't get missed

E of AZ:
Quote:
Busy week too, found out I have 3 step son and 4 grandchildren coming from NY for Easter and a daughter and two grandchildren coming from AZ. So Easter has turned into a full blown family reunion. The only one at risk of not being here is my daughter who lives in own. She's a nurse and in all probability will have to work.
While it may be hectic- it sounds like it should be fun!

Riddy:
Quote:
Armygirl, I'd say wanting to bring the scale makes you dedicated (perhaps obsessed) , but not weird.

Evangeline, glad the pooch is doing better.

Nikel, don't you just HATE when work and money interfere with your fun life?? I think I'd make a really great rich person - I'd go to yoga class every day, and the trainer twice a week, and then volunteer in the afternoon. Now for that lotto ticket to pay off.

Elizabeth, good to see you're still online with us! Keep it up, girl!

Narnia, I don't know how you do it. I've covered overnights a few times, and while I am capable of doing it, I definitely don't want to live that way. I never knew what to eat when, and having an adult beverage at 8am always seemed wrong.

AyeAye, good luck at bootcamp! Buy some epsom salts now!

My ankle is almost all better - just a small bruise left. The trainer babied my ankle on Thursday, but the rest of me got the sh!t kicked out of it. It hurt just to pick up my coffee cup on Friday.

On a happy note, I actually started my transition off Medifast. I get to add starchy veggies back in moderation - yahoo! Last night I made chili with beans for the first time in 2 years, and tonight I roasted up an acorn squash to go with my tofu palak "paneer" - so good! If nothing else, it's great to have some more variety in my diet. I still need to figure out how I'm going to eat once I'm done, but I have at least 3 more weeks to work that out.
Riddy- I guess bringing back 'real' food gradually and controlling portion sizes are key (but you already know that). I'm a fan of spreading my lunch out over several hours and it helps me to feel like I'm eating more than I really am. I typically eat at my desk (to allow for flexibility when I arrive/leave work). I know it's not great- but it seems to work for me.

ArmyGirl- Drive safely to Edmonton and ENJOY your vacation. Don't go overboard every day food wise and you'll be fine. Do allow yourself a splurge day (or if not a whole day a meal) so you don't feel like you're not relaxing.

Nikel- Sorry you haven't got your tax returns yet. I spent most of Saturday doing taxes (Canadian & US). I was brain-dead at the end of the day.

AyeAye- WTG on the weight loss!!

Narnia- :hugs: hope you can get onto a better schedule and off the overnight shift. Sorry to hear about your son's knee. Remember to take some time out for you too.

Let's try to be chattier this week- if time allows. Get a good start to the week- are you drinking your water? I just finished my firs 20 oz bottle of the day

Last edited by CanadaMel; 03-25-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats AyeAye, Changergirl and Army girl

I hope everyone had good weekend....I did, good but busy, and this week will be busy, and then I'm on vacation for 14 days!!!! yayayayayaay....

I don't have any news, I DID DRINK MY 1/2 GALLON water today.....I just feel better when I drink enough water. I have still been going to the (obviously since my internet is obviously working)....

I'm enjoying the gym a lot....my muscles, joints, body just feels better with some movement and some resistance training.

AYEAYE WOW that was a hunka hunka weight loss gal.....good for you!!!

Army girl -- have fun on vacation....that 3 pound loss should be a good motivation for you to enjoy

Riddy -- Happy you're going to get more variety....you have been so faithful to your Medifast WOE....hang in there gal!

Well everyone, I just rented Anna Karenina through the cable system.....

As Mel says -- let's chat and kick it up a notch as we go into the straightaway towards goal.

Team hug.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #4  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Ladies I hope everyone is off to a good start for the week. I am doing well with my diet and exercise but the scale is not cooperating. I am going to take my measurements this week and see if there is a change. I am expecting a whoosh on the scale any day now. I'm not getting to the gym as often as I would like but I am exercising more than I was before joining the gym. Thursday will be 3 weeks since I joined the gym and I've gone up a couple of pounds and then back down to .4 below the weight I was the day I joined the gym. I can tell I'm putting on some muscle though, my upper arms are starting to have a tiny bit of definition. I plan on hitting the gym tonight after work for some cardio.

Have a good day!

Last edited by MamaP; 03-26-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #5  

Hello all-
Elizabeth- keep up the good work attending the gym & for drinking your water. As the weather slowly warms up, I'm finding it easier to drink plain water- still drinking coffee and loads of hot lemon ginseng tea.

Mam- Good for you keeping at it. Measurements are a good way to track changes- especially when the scale won't budge.

I haven't stepped on the scale in 2 days! Good thing too-I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty. I had a serious case of the munchies last night. Couldn't keep myself out of the kitchen. Had handfuls of cereal, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, anything & everything. Didn't satisfy the munchies either. Finally sent myself to my room- LOL.

How do you curb the munchies?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #6  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hey Ladies! Craziness here last week that resulted in some awful food choices and basically a week off from my plan. I just went grocery shopping tonight and am ready to get back with it! I'll be back later this week to do personals and check in!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Well ladies, I'm almost ready to board the plane for Mexico! I won't be on again until next week! So far these last two days have not been on plan...but, I'm confident that once I hit the resort it will be easier to eat healthy! Hope everyone has a fabulous week! I know I will
Oh and just so you know...I left the scale at home!

Last edited by ArmyGirl; 03-27-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #8  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

I took my measurements last night. I have lost a few inches (since mid-January), but nothing to get excited about. The scale has got to start moving . . . I know I'm staying under my calories and burning enough calories (bodybugg) so it's just a matter of time before I start seeing the results. I just have to stay focused and keep moving forward.

Last edited by MamaP; 03-27-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #9  

Hi everyone

Mel -- I'm going to try the lemon ginseng tea....I have a coconut green chair I tried from Whole foods.....it was "different"....my verdict is still out on it.

MamaP...how about you and i just sit down and play gin rummy UNTIL out darned scales decide to cooperate. With my going to the gym and lifting weights I'm up 1.5....and ready to see it go back down...and it will....we just have to keep on....more muscle will burn fat better...it ups our metabolism...and more toned muscles help our overweight bodies just look better....BUT I'm still ready for the darned scales -- yours and mine -- to move.....so here's the cards....you deal first :-)

Armygirl...have fun on vacation...I'm a little concerned you thinkg arriving at a resort is going to make you want to eat on your plan....hopefully they will have healthy and yummy food that is just what you're supposed to eat. You seemm strong though in your motivation (the last two days excepting of course)....

KimL.....well gal, you had a week off, and you did the right thing to go to the store and get your food to get back on track.

Okay....it's two weeks actually less than two weeks since tomorrow is thursday....let's finish strong....

MamP....you just dealt me a lousy hand.....

everyone else -- MamaP dealt me two Aces, don't tell her though, it's a secret....

RED TEAM HUG
Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #10  

P.S.

Mel..........was astonished to hear you had a run in with the cabinets and refrigerator last night....wow, I guess I had you on some sort of diet food pedestal....I think it was hormones causing the cravings....plus, are you housebound lately with snow? But I'm with you, if I need snacky things, celery just ain't gonna get it.....

Hang in there gal....OH, and I loved the part that you "sent yourself to your room."

Sometimeswe just have to do that.....just "this day is over", I'm going in my room, and not coming out until breakfast...I deal with that when I come home at 2:30 in the morning, just wanting to open the fridge and cabinets and snack....even the dog is looking at me begging for a snack, but slowly I'm getting better at just going to bed. (I love choco chips too....really miss them -- sigh).

Old 03-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #11  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

My scale isn't cooperating these days. I took a little time off from running after my half, so there was some water weight gain. And now that I'm running again, I've decided to work on speed and hill training, which is new for me. Plus I'm going to add in some strength training.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #12  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 View Post

MamaP...how about you and i just sit down and play gin rummy UNTIL out darned scales decide to cooperate. With my going to the gym and lifting weights I'm up 1.5....and ready to see it go back down...and it will....we just have to keep on....more muscle will burn fat better...it ups our metabolism...and more toned muscles help our overweight bodies just look better....BUT I'm still ready for the darned scales -- yours and mine -- to move.....so here's the cards....you deal first :-)
Sounds like a plan. I couldn't believe today when I got on the scale and was down just .2 (but still up from the most recent low number I've seen). I didn't get to go to the gym yesterday but I still got in some cardio at home (my bodybugg shows 40 minutes of activity). Tonight is Zumba - as long as nothing unexpected comes up I plan on being there. My neck and upper back are really bothering me today so I think I might soak in the hot tub too.

Let's keep building that muscle so that fat doesn't stand a chance.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #13  
Future Mrs.

S/C/G: 291.6 / ticker / 175

Height: 5'9

Not part of weight loss but absolutely part of my journey.

Www.jshockley.origamiowl.com

I am in love with this company. You can create a piece of jewelry that is so personal. Great for shower gifts, birthdyays, mother's day. If you have any interest in buying a locket, hosting a catalog party, or becoming a designer yourself...please let me know.

[email protected]
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #14  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I need an intervention. I'm very seriously looking at doing an Iron Girl Triathlon.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #15  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow, the week is flying by!

Congrats AyeAye, Armygirl and Changergirl!

Now that my ankle is better, my plantar fasciitis is acting up. It's finally getting better, but ugh. I haven't had a flare up in years, so I kinda forgot how much I hate it.

I've been up and down all week - here's hoping I have a down day on the scale before Sunday.

Hang in there, everyone!