Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 7 (Feb 18/13 - Feb 24/13)

Here are the week 6 results

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Frozen Fiesta official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 7.1 lbs or 0.27%

Our Biggest Loser:
KimL1214 (-3.6 lbs, 1.38%)

Honourable Mentions: justjill124 (-3.6 lbs, 1.32%)

Canadamel (-1.8 lbs, 1.24%)

changergirl (-2.2 lbs, 1.15%)

1 team members was eliminated this week, so we're at 29 members .

This is when you need to dig deep team.
Ask yourself, why you started this lifestyle change and what benefits you hope to achieve.

Don't dwell on the difficulties or what hasn't got the way you anticipated, but where you want to see yourself at the end of this challenge.

Keep up the great work! GO RED

Last edited by CanadaMel; 02-17-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #2  

For me, I'm focusing on that magical scale number. Right now I think it's 140. I want to hit 137 some day, so I'll be in normal weight bmi range, but not sure when THAT will happen.

But I'm focusing on small meals/snacks and trying to make good food choices without feeling deprived.

ETA- here is a good guest blog post that I just read that you may enjoy reading from mizfitonline

Last edited by CanadaMel; 02-18-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- CoNGRAtS!! to KimL, justjill, CanadaMel and changergirl -- GOOD job gals....

I fell asleep on Sunday afternoon.....had been talking on the phone with Dahlia about stuff, and had said even I needed to weigh in....then we talked and I was getting really sleepy so we said goodbye....and then being the good friend she is, she sent me a text message about posting weight....but my phone sound/vibrate was off because I was going to sleep......and I woke up thinking "OH NO I DIDN"T POST MY WEIGHT."....I posted, and was thinking it was too late, which of course it was....so I had a freebie...

I had thought yesterday my weight was the same, but when I had weighed on sunday morning I was up a pound....BUT a good NSV for me was that all day today I did not go off my plan, just stayed on plan and I just know this scale will move again.

Mel -- I really really do like what you said in your original post this week. you're right, it's time to think of what we wanted to accomplish by the end of the challenge....time to CHARGE forward to health, weight loss, success. You're getting down there Mel -- I do hope you reach that 137 -- but even if you reach a number close to that, with your physical activity level, you're probably going to fit in your clothes just the way you want them to fit.

Okay, I'm sleepy again, but this time I'll not be blowing my weight posting time....nite everyone....team hug....and don't forget to drink your water.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

well done red team!!! have an awesome week!!! hugssssssss
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #5  

Hi gang-
Happy Monday.

It's a holiday here (Family day)in Aberta. Not all provinces celebrate it, I gues much like in the states where some still recognize Presidents at, but most don't- other than another excuse for the retailers to have a sale.

DH left on a short business trip, so I'm flying solo so may be more sporadic than I usually am, or I'll be on more often procrastinating!

Just wanted to share a link that I came across from one of the weight loss bloggers I normally read, Shelley at My Journey to Fit.
She and 4 other bloggers have created a consortium about maintaining weightloss called AIM. You can read more about it here. I read 3 of these bloggers regularly already. I like reading about others experiences and taking tidbits of knowledge and applying it to where I am at in my journey. And that's what this is really all about: finding what works for you.

Enjoy!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 02-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #6  

Way to go KimL, JustJill, Canadamel and ChangerGirl. Canadamel, you started the thread off with some really good motivation this week. Well you always do but especially this week.

I had a pretty good week last week and am not unhappy with the results. I'm loosing at a snails pace but as long as it keeps moving forward I have no problem with that. Slow and steady is fine with me.

I got a new toy this week. I picked up one of the Fitbit's. They are the pedomitor that also calculates going up stairs. So far it is fun, It has a flower on it that grows leaves the more active you are but I was mortified Sunday when I realized the leaves drop off too if you stop being active. The primary reason I wanted it (besides it calculating stairs) was because you can compete against friends. I'm trying to talk my friend in Vegas to get one so we can compete against each other long distance. We were walking buddies when we lived closer, many many years ago and I think if she will stop being frightened by it being "electronic" she would have fun with it. Besides, several of the chips inside are manufactured by the company I work for so it only makes sense that I would want to support one of it's manufacturers right?. LOL

Have a good week if things go wacky and I don't get back in a timely manner.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Great job Kim, Jill, Mel, and changergirl!

Evangeline, I really like my fitbit. It will talk to myfitnesspal too, if you use that. If your real life friend doesn't get one, I'll be your friend on it if you want. I love to sync it at the end of the day, see my exercise calories go up, and then go to bed with a bigger deficit showing than I thought I'd have. :P

Mel, I have much lower expectations this challenge than previous ones. Of course I want to lose more weight. But for this challenge, I am telling myself that success is how many days I stick to my eating plan and exercise. Not exciting at all, but probably good practice for maintenance.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I'm already down 1 of the 2 lbs I'd gained, which validates my theory that it was illness related water weight. I'm still hoping to see a nice loss after my trip this weekend.

The scale and I might not always be BFFs, but 6 months ago, I couldn't even run for 60 seconds. Now I'm mere days away from my first half marathon. By the end of the challenge, I'll have a few more races on the books too. At least 1 more half in April, maybe 2.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #9  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I hope everyone is having a great week. Congrats to the losers! And congrats to everyone for hanging in there even when the scale isn't cooperating. I have decided I am no longer going to set any kind of number goal. It never seems to work for me.

Have a good day.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #10  

MamaP -- Good practice to not set a numeric goal. You can't control how quickly you lose. Set goals for what you can control. Eating wisely, exercising consistently and completing this challenge.

Riddy -- I do use myfitnesspal and have linked my fitbit to it. I would love to link our fitbits and just saying that makes me feel pressure to get out there and walk more. I just don't get out anymore and I must starting moving more. I don't know HOW to link them; I still need to figure that out. I think Levi (he is the enormous mutt who addopted us after he was dropped in our neighborhood) is going to be very happy that I got this. I've been "going" to get him out for some exercise much to long.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #11  
Future Mrs.

S/C/G: 291.6 / ticker / 175

Height: 5'9

Signed up for ActivTrax at the YMCA....I got my butt handed to me. Hope i can walk tomorrow..lol
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #12  

Evangeline- Aren't pets the greatest to get us humans moving?! Our pup is 6 and he normally gets 2 walks a day & makes us feel very guilty- sulking about the house if it's less than that.
Yes, this challenge it's taken me a whie to get into the swing of things, I find the winter challenges the most difficult to motivate myself for- mostly due to weather.
I've heard good things about fitbit, my brother has one.

Jill- what's activtrax? A class?

Nikel- make sure you get plenty of water in & stay hydrated! Can't wait to hear all about your race. I'm living vicariously through you since I'm still too chicken to sign up. Hopefully this will change.

Quote:
success is how many days I stick to my eating plan and exercise.
Riddy- this is the way you set yourself up for Success!

MamaP-the numbers are a very dangerous game and I should restate that when I was taking about my goal weight- I don't think I'll achieve it this challenge. That's my long- term goal, but I'm a poor goals setter. I don't have a date that I have to have it done by- just someday. Too much stress otherwise. I know I'm in this for the long haul.

Okay I need to clone myself and get the kids to 3 different activities and oh ya- walk the dog too.

Have a great night all!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 02-19-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Evangeline, looks like you request fitbit friends by facebook or email. I'll PM you my email.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #14  
Future Mrs.

S/C/G: 291.6 / ticker / 175

Height: 5'9

Mel- its a computer program that acts like a personal trainer. It prints out a routine, when youre done you input what you did and it adjusts for the next time. i think it will be awesome but day 1 was pretty difficult.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/*/150

My goal was to get under 165. Now my goal is to lose another 5 lbs.
GO RED!!!