3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 2 (09/03-09/09) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/265483-blue-team-2012-fall-back-basics-chat-thread-week-2-09-03-09-09-a.html)

Bigmid 08-31-2012 07:58 PM

Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 2 (09/03-09/09)

Please continue to use week one chat thread until Monday. Thanks I'm just posting early as I'll be out of town with no Internet.

LeslieB 09-02-2012 07:50 PM

Blue Team Total Lost: 38.5 lbs. as a team or 0.73%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: :congrat:angie7896 (-4 lbs., -2.20%):congrat:

Honorable Mentions:

karenp1120 (-2.8 lbs., -1.92%):bravo:
missjean (-5 lbs., -1.67%):cp:
t0rn (-4.6 lbs., -1.46%):carrot:

Congratulations to all the losers ! We had a great week 1 ! Well done angie7896.... you rocked it !

Here's to keeping up the momentum for week 2 !

Oops... I closed the week 1 chat thread a little early... please feel free to post on this thread now.

EofAZ 09-02-2012 09:24 PM

It looks like we are off to a really good start.

Leslie, you are going to be so busy with the move the time will pass by pretty quickly. The separation is hard but the reunion is ooh la la.

Well I did pretty good with my eating this week my exercise was almost nonexistent. I hope I can do a little better this week. This week will be a bit of a challenge. My sister will be coming to visit this week so that will be my challenge for the week. Fortunately she and her husband are health conscious so I should be ok other than my routine being off.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

thinkfit 09-02-2012 11:14 PM

Great job everyone! So so excited to have an honorable mention! It's incredibly motivating, I'm already excited for next week because I know I'm going to stick to it every minute of every day because this feels way too good. :)

Evangeline, having family around definitely puts a damper on routine, wishing you the best of luck this coming week!

Tkkoz 09-03-2012 04:39 AM

Congratulations to Angie, Karen, Missjean & Torn for being our biggest losers this week :carrot:. Well done to all, what an amazing loss for the team overall. :)

Leslie EofAZ is right, the time will simply fly past. I'm sure you will have a beautiful reunion in spring...such a lovely time of year:)

EofAZ I'm glad your sister and hubby are health conscious, that will make things a bit easier for you. I hope you enjoy your time with them.

Missjean it is a great feeling being one of the biggest loses isn't it. Keep up the great work :)

I went IKEA shopping on Saturday and it's not exactly flat pack heaven lol. They delivered 47 packs!!! I purchased 4 large wardrobes that my son and I are now having to put together and fit. I have no idea what I was thinking :dizzy: The house is in shambles and I can't get to anything. I can however see how good it is going to look once complete, very nice indeed :D

My exercise was slack this week as was my meal skipping. My goal is to eat at least 3 meals everyday and to finishes reading new rules of lifting for women. I also need more weights. Can't wait to finish so I can start the program! I can't recall who mentioned it in one of the chat threads, but thank you :hug:

HealthyMeWannabe 09-03-2012 09:24 AM

Good morning Blue Team!!!!

Congrats to our Biggest Losers of the week! Well done folks!!!!! :cheer:

Today's Labor Day. For everyone participating in cookouts, don't forget about your long term goals of getting healthy. :) Enjoy but don't overindulge!

I've got an NSV to share with the group! This morning I was noticing that the cellulite on the backs of my thighs is going away! All the running and cycling is definitely helping in that aspect! It's so nice to see some visual results finally!!!! :D That made my morning!

Have a fabulous Monday!

LeslieB 09-03-2012 12:06 PM

Happy Monday Blue Team !

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I have personal training today at 1 then going to visit some friends for the evening. I've never been one for knowing how to write things down properly but I have to say I read all of our Team posts and I read your blogs. You all inspire me greatly and I'm in awe of all your wonderful stories ! It definitely keeps me motivated ! Thank you Blue Team !

3Boys4Me 09-03-2012 01:10 PM

Congratulations! Looking forward to a successful week for everyone!

I met with a personal trainer today, for the first time. She and I are going to meet every 2 weeks. So I hope by the end of this challenge I will see some results.

My best to everyone!

HealthyMeWannabe 09-03-2012 03:32 PM

Hellooooooooooo Blue Team!

I hope everyone's having a wonderfully healthy day! Now that I can run a mile, I've decided to give Couch to 5K a shot again. I have tried it in the past but didn't get very far. But now I am more motivated than ever to become a runner! I downloaded the C25K app today and just got back from it. It's tough, there's no denying it. But I survived the first day. Yippee! :cheer: I will do this!

Bigmid 09-03-2012 08:13 PM

CONGRATULATIONS to angie7896 for being our BIGGEST LOSER and to karen1120, missjean, and t0rn for honorable mentions that's awesome you guys rocked the first week.

Big congrats to everyone who lost this week....great job BLUE TEAM

Just got back from my mini vacation and have to unpack and get ready for work tomorrow. I've been on holidays for two weeks and really don't want to go back:). But I do enjoy the paycheck so I guess I'd better go.

Well congrats again everyone and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

thinkfit 09-04-2012 05:26 AM

So today I ate some ice cream... which is no big deal considering I’m trying to go by the whole ‘moderation, not deprivation’ rule, but I honestly don’t think I’ll be doing that again. It just wasn’t worth it. Sure, it tasted delicious, but a little later on when I went to work out I could just… feel it? I’m not sure if I was imagining that or what but it felt like I was going to puke just doing some jumping jacks, and that doesn’t normally happen. Throughout the whole workout I just felt sluggish and gross, and I’m sure it has something to do with that indulgence. Anyone else experience stuff like this?

HealthyMeWannabe 09-04-2012 05:56 AM

Good morning Blue Team!!!!!

MissJean - I totally understand how you feel! I love ice cream. It's a big weakness of mine. But when I eat sugary, unhealthy stuff (like ice cream) my body is more tired and I am less energetic. It boggles my mind how that can happen. After all, isn't ice cream a bunch of sugar and milk? In my mind I think "eat sugar for that sugar rush and be energetic" but in reality it doesn't seem to work that way. I haven't had ice cream in a while now, and I don't miss it (at the moment). Now Reese cups on the other hand.... *sigh* Sadly I can't have those anymore.

I hope everyone has a great and productive Monday on a Tuesday today. It may be a four day work week but I have no doubt I'll have to cram 40 hours of work into those four days. Yay fun.

angie7896 09-04-2012 09:50 AM

MissJean-
I know what you mean about the ice cream! I count calories so every calorie needs to have some kind of nutritional value... for a while I was having a little ice cream at night. It fit into my calorie budget so I thought it would be OK. Well, it wasnt. I was really sluggish and hungry! The amount of calories it is wasnt worth it.

Im so excited to be the biggest loser for week 1! Congrats to the blue team! We did awesome!

I hope to lose this week but it is that dreaded TOM for me... At least I know I will hit the gym hard. It helps me get rid of cramps!

retiredone 09-04-2012 01:47 PM

Hello Blue Team. Just checking in but will be back later. Hope you're all having a good day.

LeslieB 09-05-2012 10:53 AM

Good Wednesday morning Blue Team !

How is your week going so far? It's been good on this end... I signed up for a new group therapy starting next week and I got in touch with a friend yesterday about joining a fun Friday workout group. Getting proactive about my health again which feels good.

Now I'm on my way to Las Vegas for a few days. I'm meeting my in-laws down there... should be lots of fun.

Have a great rest of the week team!

Sharing my favorite breakfast smoothie recipe:

1 package vanilla protein shake powder
1 1/2 cups cold water
1/2 cup ice
1 tbsp. peanut butter (I use the all natural one with a touch of honey in it)
1 Starbucks via package
1 package no calorie sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla powder
1 tbsp. cocoa powder (I make sure to get the really good stuff... it's worth it!)

Blend all and enjoy ! Delicious !

getmydivaback3 09-05-2012 11:20 AM

Good Morning Blue Team, congrats to all the losers. I've been doing pretty good this week, hopefully my hard work will show up on the scale this week. I've been having a serious problem with constipation though; anybody know a quick remedy for this any advice will be greatly appreciated...

t0rn 09-05-2012 10:50 PM

Wow, great to be an honorable mention!! Wish the weight was still coming off like that, but it’s going a lot slower this week. I’ve been stuck around 309-311, but it finally hit under 309 today (308.4)! I have to lose another 1.2 pounds to be back at the weight I was at earlier this summer. That is my goal right now, lol!

Congrats, Angie!! Congrats to the rest of Team Blue, too.

HealthyMeWannabe – Congrats on your NSV!! That’s fantastic!

I need to get on here earlier in the day! So sleepy. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Bigmid 09-06-2012 12:21 AM

Hi everyone sorry I missed chatting yesterday it was my first day back to work and I was welcomed with an amazingly busy day. Had to work an hour overtime and then by the time I got home and ate supper I was ready for bed:)

Still playing catch up at work today but when I got home I went and did a workout. So I fell a little better about myself today.

I work late tomorrow and I'm not a mooring exerciser....wish I was. I will try to get to the basement to do a pilates workout though. I was going to do it 2-3 times a week as it really works the abs..yet I have not. This will be a goal to do it 2x's a week at least.

How is everyone making out so far....are you reaching your mid week goals?

Everyone have a great night sleep and a great day tomorrow.

karenp1120 09-06-2012 01:12 AM

So awesome to be an honorable mention! Great start everyone!!

Trying to get it to keep moving that well but thinking I've slowed down now. Especially after a disappointing day. Was going to have an early birthday dinner out with the husband, all dolled up and excited all day about it and then turns out it was closed... so in my frustration and with a baby direly needing her supper too we just splurged a bit too and just hit a burger joint. With that frustration and 3 tests the next day in my college class I just gave in that night. Back to portion control and healthy foods now though. So hopefully I see another pound or two this week.. along with the one or two I need to get back off from that dinner :sorry:

HealthyMeWannabe 09-06-2012 05:55 AM

Well it's Thursday and we're past halfway through the week. Come on Friday! :carrot:

T0rn - Thanks! :D

getmydvaback - My best remedy for constipation is to eat 3-4 plums in a day. Last time I did that it cleaned me right out. ;)

I took a peek at the scale and it's moving right along! It's not as fast as I'd like but to finally see movement after it being stuck at 257 for a while is nice! Go scale, go!

Tonight I'll be doing Week 1 Day 2 of Couch-to-5K. I'll do the third day on Saturday. I am looking forward to it! I didn't get to go to the office gym on lunch yesterday because I was out meeting with a customer on the north side of Atlanta. I didn't get back to my neck of the woods until 7:00PM, right in time for church last night. While there I got a piece of their white chocolate bread pudding. I've heard about this stuff ever since I took on this account last month and have been wanting to try it. It was a huge square of this stuff! I didn't want to eat that many calories so I gave 1/3 to my mom and 1/3 to my husband. Oh. My. Goodness! Yep, it was heavenly! Still, that little bitty slice was about 400 calories so I don't want to do that too often. That ended up being dinner last night.

Today a coworker and her husband are taking me out to lunch. I have no idea where but I am hoping there will be some healthy choices on the menu. I'm finally in the groove and don't want to mess that up!

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Tkkoz 09-06-2012 07:21 AM

Evening blue team!

Im starting to get in the groove of entering everything in to My Fitness Pal, it is really helping to ensure i eat all 3 meals! Fingers crossed counting works for me. My aim is to lose up to 1kg (2.2pounds) per week for this challenge. If i can get below 100kg i'll be ecstatic! I am so determined this time i have purchased a couple of beautiful tops and a dress, all too small atm...look out summer :carrot:

Happy Friday all :)

PageLynn 09-06-2012 09:01 PM

Hey guys! Congrats on all of our "losers" this week!!! This week I may not lose. It has been quite stressful with school, work, and prepping for the LSAT. I did find time to read Bob Harper's book and I plan to start his plan (along with WW points+) tomorrow! I am reading Jillian's book about metabolism now. I like it so far. How excited is everyone Jillian is coming back? I AM SUPER HAPPY!

Tkkoz 09-08-2012 05:00 AM

Happy saturday blue team!

Ive been doing so well with my diet but the scale is not moving :?: rather frustrating. I will continue to plow away. I hope you all have a great weekend!

thinkfit 09-08-2012 02:09 PM

Hey everyone! Hope your week is going better than man haha. I'm crazy nervous to step on the scale tomorrow... we've had little food in the house so my diet has consisted of not so good for you sodium packed non perishables and I hurt my knee on Tuesday so I haven't been working out. Like I said, definitely don't looking forward to tomorrow morning! :(

HealthyMeWannabe 09-08-2012 09:23 PM

PageLynn - I am SUPER excited that Jillian's coming back! I can't wait to see the show! I haven't watched the past couple of seasons but am looking forward to seeing it again! :dance:

PageLynn 09-08-2012 11:08 PM

Healthy- Me too! I tried watching it the first season she left and I couldn't make it through and i didn't watch much of last season either. I love her workouts even though I am sure in person she would probably kill me LOL!

Bigmid 09-08-2012 11:45 PM

Hi everyone been MIA again sorry....work then exercise then bed....LOL getting old.
Well I was away early this morning but stepped on the scale as I didn't know if I would be around bad food or not and I had a small gain. had muscle soreness so maybe from that. But I still need to lose 6lbs by the end of the month to get my free year of ifit.
Eating was good today and I did a 4 mile walk and got in my water so I hope I'm back down. Although supper was loaded with sodium so well see. Here's hoping.

Hope everyone has a great WI tomorrow. I may be home later again.somdont forget to post your weights by 6pm central

Have a great night.

TikTokTrae 09-09-2012 06:37 AM

So...weigh in day again :fr: I have been stressed out all week, lots of fluctuating happening on the scale. We'll see which end of the roller coaster I am on today.

Edited to Add: I am actually down today...thankfully! Now to get myself straightened out for a new week.

On another note, I have new inspiration to keep losing weight. My daughter's school is sending the 5th grade on a trip to Atlanta in April. I will be going as a chaperone, and do not want to be at this weight. When I found out about the trip on Thursday I realized I had exactly 32 weeks before we leave. If I can lose 2-3 pounds each week, I can be under 200 pounds by then! That is now my big goal.

Jillian is coming back...yay! When does the show start up again? I have been so out of touch with things lately.

HealthyMeWannabe 09-09-2012 08:54 AM

I'm down 1.6 for the week, bringing me down to 254 pounds lost. Since I began this journey, that's a total of 26.4 pounds gone! :carrot: I can't complain! And...I finally get to change my avatar! Woo hoo!

My goal for myself this week is to make sure I complete Week 1 of Couch to 5K. I started it last week but only got in 1 run. This week will be all 3 runs for Week 1! :running:

I hope you all have a great weigh in! Let's win this one folks!

PageLynn 09-09-2012 09:45 AM

Sorry team! I am up 2.4 lbs....but I posted it to keep myself accountable and hopefully means a bigger loss next week!
TikTok- That sounds like fun! I am looking at a law school in Atlanta. I have never been but I want somewhere new to start over in a sense. Either way I go to law school next august and I REFUSE to be this size when I start a new chapter in my life lol!

Healthy - Good Job! Keep up the good work!

*Edited to say: Today I have done well...incorporating my new food choices and I even worked out for the first time in a while! I feel AWESOME! This is the "high" I have been missing since I was eating horrible and not working out!

thinkfit 09-09-2012 01:18 PM

So like I told you guys yesterday, I was insanely scared to step on the scale this morning because I've been expecting a bad week. Well... :goodscale -2.4lbs! I almost cried haha. I'm so excited this is finally happening for me! My knee still hurts but not nearly as much, tomorrow I'll be POP with exercise again!

HealthyMeWannabe - Great job! Keep it up! :cheer3:

PageLynn - No worries - it happens to the best of us. :hug:

HealthyMeWannabe 09-09-2012 07:26 PM

Great job MissJean!!! :cheer: