Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3LL3Y View Post
Hey Peanutt- Basically I've been making every excuse possible to make the walk between the two buildings here at work instead of consolidating trips. So I go up and down the hill at least 4 times a day. I don't have one of those pedometers though so I don't know how to quantify the extra steps. Maybe I should invest.
My lunch time isn't really an hour so it's hard to do anything substantial in the middle of the day. My commute in and out of work is an hour each way so it's cutting into my free time.
I use Map My Walks and I can find almost any location. I was able to track how many miles I walked during my airport stays.

http://www.mapmywalk.com/my_home/
Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Checking in. Hope to help the team out this week since I helped zero last week. At least I didn't hurt the team!

Hoping for a couple of pounds - where's our sticks of butter lady??
Old 06-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #48  

Not having the best week on my end. It's been my first week back to school and things are hectic. Also trying to work and babysat 3 girls today ages 8, 5and 11 months...it was exhausting lol.

I haven't hardly even been on the internet the last 3 days. I know I had lost 3 lbs and Sunday I didn't count calories. I also didn't eat bad either. But by monday morning i had gained all 3 lbs back!!!!! I don't know why and let's say it's been a huge letdown. Reflecting the only thing I can think is I haven't drank as much water, could that cause weight gain even when my calories are on target (1300-1600)??? Anyway cuz I've been caught up I haven't really kept track of what I am eating etc. I feel I am failing at this. I have maintained same weight since Monday...not loss or gain. I just wish my life would calm down so i can concentrate and get back on track....ugh...

I knew I had better slow down and come on here and vent something and stay connected to you guys or I could easily slip. I'm determined not to let that happen this time so I came on here to keep myself motivated and in the game. Glad I did too.

Anyway, hope everyones week is going better than mine lol. Hopefully after this weekend things will settle and I can get where I want to be. Good luck all!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #49  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Shan -- Good luck with the presentation! If you see the whoosh fairy, please ask her to get her butt back to Canada for a visit sometime soon.

Okay, for the sake of being accountable...I'm going to share my results for today. Lunch went well, I estimated it at around 500-600 calories. Dinner, my plan was to have a little of the things I wanted (Chinese buffet), but to fill up my plate with lots of veggies and protein. I did that, but my calories still come out to around 2300 for the day, minus my exercise (hopped on the treadmill for 30 min as soon as we got home!) of 300 calories, so it was still a 2000 calorie day (about 600 over my calorie budget). I think my sodium was not as bad as it could have been, I came in at 3100, which is not bad for 2 restaurant meals and one of them Chinese. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. This is my first off plan day in the last 2 weeks, so I hope the impact will not be that bad. Back on track again tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm so upset. I've been doing great and was so excited to do first weigh in and my laptop died AGAIN and is in the shop AGAIN! No Internet access to be able to post my weigh inn, I'm so mad I got a freebie used! I so wanted to cry (ok so very emotional once a month haha) Sorry I let everybody down!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Boatgirl and Angie, I feel your pain! I am recommitting today. I went to visit family last week and have been "vacation eating" since. I'm trying to take advantage of the appetite suppressant of the ridiculous heat and humidity we've been having. And since I skipped the gym this morning, I'm going tonight- which is fine, because I can leave work early today.

Let's do this, girls!!!

Sadly, I think I'll probably be posting a gain on Sunday, but maybe I'll be lucky...
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Angie, Boatgirl, Rescue Mama, & djs06 - BIG HUG! If you have time, go back and read Peanutt's post from week 1. She talked about recognizing that she's human and not perfect, and that if you screw up, just begin again. You don't even have to wait until the next day. Like Angie - she recognized she'd had a bad calorie day - and then she got on the treadmill anyway!! Whoo-hoo!! That shows commitment!

Unfortunately, none of us are at the BL ranch right now. Wouldn't that be awesome to be isolated in a little bubble to keep real life from getting the way of weight loss progress?

My favorite quote lately is:
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try 1 more time.”
- Thomas Edison

Chin up! Keep going!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #53  

Shan - I bet those little children are as cute as cute can be! Best of luck on Friday.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #54  

You're so right, Mindy! I will go back and look for that post! Thanks for the motivation, you rock!

So, has anyone sent in audition tapes for the show? I have. That was an exercise in embarrassment!

Last edited by djs06; 06-09-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #55  

OMG! How cool that you sent in an audition tape! Was it for the new season? I don't have the nerve to do anything like that. Getting up on that scale with my gut hanging out would make my heart stop!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon RED TEAM!!!

Pardon my lack of posting yesterday. My daughter wasn't feeling well so I stayed home with her. She's much better today and back to day care. although I did a couple of loads of laundry yesterday, most of it was spent sitting on the couch with Brenna. There was nothing that I did that could have counted as exercise. Sorry about that!

Today I am playing catch-up at work and trying to get done everythng that came to my inbox while I was out. So no treadmill on lunch break today. I went down the street to J Buffalo's and got a grilled chicken salad for lunch. They didn't have any fat free dressing options so I have regular blue cheese on my salad. But I am drinking water with it!

Thank heavens that tomorrow is FRIDAY! I am just so stressed out with my job right now that every hour of being here is painful. But I don't have much choice to do it and pretend I like it. But inside...I want to scream and run. I honestly feel like a fluffy bunny trapped in a hunting dog's pen today, looking for a way out and being blocked at every exit. Grrr. I really hate feeling this way.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #57  

LMAO Mindy, yeah my gut was hanging all over the place. Yuck. I took the obligatory pictures and sat there and babbled on. Then I filled out the 12983719283 page application and send it to them. They told us to upload onto youtube, then they emailed and said it was viewed but I'm pretty sure they lied because the views didn't change. Haha. Oh well. It wasn't for this season, it was for awhile ago- probably sometime last year?

Courtney, I'm glad your daughter is feeling better! Your lunch sounds fabulous. Nom nom nom. Have a great, well-deserved weekend!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Hello Red Team!

Hope everyone is having a great week, I havent been getting proper sleep and its really messing with my motivation to go to the gym =/ Im really going to try to push it the rest of the week!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #59  

Height: 5'8"

Well so far I am having a really off week. I tend to have a lot of problems with water retention and (TMI) I am now have problems with the bathroom.... I am trying stool softener at this point but that is not having the results I had hoped for. Since I weighed in on Saturday I have fluctuated up and down, and today I am still up. I don't think it is going to be a good week for me which stinks after coming off of a killer first week.

Incidentally I have always had huge losses in water weight like that just by making minimal corrections to my eating so 10 pounds right off the top did not really surprise me. Now to buckle down and hope that I can continue losing.

I will get to replies later today. I just wanted to check in since I have not had a chance this week, but my kids are really bugging me to go spend the afternoon at the beach. When I get home I will jump on and read everything.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #60  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I'm up this week too right now but still (TOM). Hoping to see it go away though. I'm still on plan this week.

In 3 1/2 hours my little Ladybirds will be doing their sign language performance. So anxious and excited for them. They are going to have so much fun.

I'll check in later tonight with some pictures (i hope).