Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 1 (05/30-06/05)

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Well here we are in our first official week of the challenge, this is going to be awesome everyone.

Once again welcome back to all of our returning challengers and a big welcome to all of our new challengers.

Please remember you need to post in the chat thread at least once every week in order to be the Biggest Loser for the week and overall (if your percentage is there as well)

Also remember you must WI by 10pm AST in order for your WI to count. If you have not WI by 10pm AST then you will be put in for a Freebie. Once I put these in you can't change them.

One more thing please make sure you put your starting weight in as the same one beside your name on the team placement. This is the one I go by....if you changed it I will just have to change it back.

So here we go......LET'S HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK EVERYONE
  • Yay! Go Blue!
    I only had one turkey hot dog at the BBQ today and Im very proud of myself!
  • I am eating way too late but I was waiting for someone who still has shown up...that pulled pork is calling my name! LOL. I gained weight this past week (glad we didn't have to post a weight tonight!) so I gotta get back on track. I do this every time I hit a new low, I eat myself back up at least 3 lbs. UGH! What is wrong with me?!? I think it could be the stress too. My ex is causing huge problem again (pushed his way in my house and keyed my car on Saturday morning around 1:30 am) all because he found out I was dating. Smh. I hope my life gets easier soon.
    GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK EVERYONE!
  • Sorry PageLynn. Hope things get better for you real soon!
  • Kelsey - WTG on the turkey dog

PageLynn - I seem to self sabatoge too....not sure why either, as far as the ex is concerned maybe Karma will bite him in the @#ss I hope things get better soon.

Well it's 10:17 so I guess I should head to bed so I can get up in the morning for work.

Although I ate bad today I did go out at 7:30 for my walk which I ended up actually doing half run.....hard to do on a full stomache....if only I would learn
  • Hi everyone - we went on vacation this week and I am afraid to get on the scale! Glad to have a week to lose it!!
  • I ate terrible this weekend. Back on track tomorrow. It's my first cheat since starting weight watchers, I feel terrible.
  • Thanks Kelsey and BigMid. The ex has been strangely quiet as of late yesterday. I am gonna head outta town for the night, hopefully it will stay quiet. On a good note, I met a new guy last week and the more we hang out the more I like him lol. I am technically dating (nothing serious) 3 guys and I have got to figure out who I am going to be more serious with because I am not good at this balancing act lol.
    Kelsey: Good job on only having one TURKEY dog!
    BigMid: Good job on working out! I need to get back to working out. Just not as much as in the past because I think the 2 hour workouts daily was why my weight wasn't coming off like I thought it should.
    Sandlll: Good luck on getting back on track!
    DrivenByAmbition: I am on weight watchers too! I have a day where I eat off plan and I always feel guilty too. I think I may just save up a few extra points (I normally go over by around 3 a day) for a weekend day so I won't overindulge but can still splurge. Good Luck with getting back on track!
  • well yesterday I ate so much and felt so full and guilty!!
    gosh hate that feeling!
    Woke up in the middle of the night wishing i hadn't eaten as much. Like always thinking " I promise not to eat like that again! REaLLY!! "
    I dont know how many times I've said that but I really want this one to be the last time feeling so bad about what I ate.....
  • HELLO BLUE TEAM!!!!

I am just popping over from the Red Team to wish you all a wonderful Memorial Day for those in the USA and wish you all the best this week! Kick butt-er, reach goals, and drop pounds! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day. We've spent a lot of our weekend spending time with our extended families. My grandma pulled out a bunch of old pictures, there were quite a few pictures of me at my heaviest and i kept thinking wow how much I have changed in the last 7 years. I went from a girl who didn't exercise, who ate whatever, whenever, and was miserable to a gal who exercises at least 5 days a week, is more aware of what she's putting in her mouth, and is willing to try new things. I've got a little ways to go before I meet my goal weight and the weightloss has sure slowed down but one thing is for sure this new gal is here to stay

brizza- I've been there (actually yesterday)

Page-hope your date went well. Its too bad the ex has to continue to cause you problems.

Driven-I've had a rough weekend too. Good for you getting right back on track.

sand-Welcome back! When I get back from vacation I wait a few days before testing the scale.

Bigmid-Good for you getting your walk/run in...Running on a full stomach...don't know how you could do it.

Kelsey-WTG on the BBQ! I went to one last weekend and forgot to bring my self control. Guess its a work in progress
  • Hello Blue team!

I've been busy the past 2 days with yard work and sweating my behind off doing it. I've been fighting a battle with the weeds, but I think I have them beat at least for a little while.

I just ordered Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred and Banish fat, boost metabolism DVDs, also The Biggest Loser workout: Cardio Max. I should have them by Saturday. I'm excited about it; I've never done a workout DVD before (time to hang some sheets on the windows in my sunroom so the neighbors can't watch me jumping all around!). I joined a June 30 Day Shred challenge here at 3FC; It'll be interesting to see how many pounds and inches I can lose.

I have a wedding to attend in August, and I've started to look around online for something to wear, though won't buy anything till closer to the date. The pickings are slim; the wedding is a Chabad wedding and modest dress is a must (I dress modestly in any event, but this is more so). The dress needs to be at least knee-length, the sleeves to the elbow or lower, and the neckline can't be too low. Here's one that I thought might work: http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/chif.../100896374/500 What do my fellow Blue-teamers think?

I wish everyone a successful weight-loss week! Onward and DOWNward, Blue Team!!
  • Hi Blue Team,
    Just got back from a family vacation, but I'm excited about getting back to work on the weight loss now that I'm home. Good luck to all of you.

Beck: That's a beautiful dress.
  • Hi just a quick pop in to say goodnight.

I had a very crappy day at work but then came home and went for my run. It was awesome. I did get a couple battle wounds from a bad bra though tore the skin right off....

I'll come back tomorrow for personals

Beck - pretty dress
  • Hi everybody!

I'm actually kinda relieved to see that I wasn't the only one who had a tough weekend last weekend food-wise. Heheeh Though it's not a holiday here, my sis-in-law and her hubby and my father-in-law all came to visit to celebrate sis-in-law's 40th bday.

Actually, my food intake during the party was pretty decent. I didn't go overboard and most of it was yummy grilled veggies, so that wasn't bad, but what probably wasn't the best for the first week of a weight loss challenge was the two and half glasses of wine! lol

Then, on Sunday I don't know what was up with me, but I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a small handful of chips for lunch. That is something I haven't had in a while, and I know how horrible it is for a diet, but I was really not interested in anything else in the house, so I indulged against my better judgement. :P ... I think I actually ended up having some other sweets during the day too, but since I wasn't tracking my food that day, I can't remember now. (Maybe that's for the best, so I don't get down on myself TOO much. LOL )

Anyway, yesterday was a great day for me! Not only did we just HAPPEN to find my husband's bike that was stolen last week parked in front of a grocery store we pass on the way to the train station in the morning, completely intact, just standing there as if someone had borrowed it... but I had a bit of a personal triumph at the gym too.

I had been watching BL (I'm still catching up on past seasons) and I saw that Jillian had put people on a treadmill incline of 7 on the first day of training, so yesterday when I went to do my normal 5k on the treadmill, I decided to not go for speed, but try a higher incline instead. I was SO surprised to find that I was able to do an incline of 6 for 50 minutes straight without holding on or stopping, and for the last 15 minutes of it I was walking at 5kph!! That's like 3.2 mph, I think.

I don't know if that seems slow to the rest of you or not, but since this is only my 3rd week or exercising, I was totally psyched to see that I could do that without passing out, or being flung off the back of the treadmill like I've seen happen to some contestants on the show. heheheeh

So, now I have to figure out what I'm going to use the tread mill to train for, distance/speed or uphill/speed ...

Btw, Beck that dress is really pretty!! I love it.

Despite my rocky start, I'm actually looking forward to the weigh in this weekend!

AST is GMT -4, right?

GO BLUE!!!