Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey there everyone... I am slowly getting back on track after being sick.. slowly getting back to proper eating habits.. I have been popping in as much as I can but haven't had time nor energy to participate.. this flu really takes it out of you!

Page.. I got the same dvd.. I have not tried it yet but am hoping to try it before the weekend comes and goes..lol Let me know what you think of it when you try it!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and healthy.. Dora, I am so happy to hear your power and everything has been restored.. Be safe.. My heart breaks for all those in Japan and I worry about what this could mean for the rest of the world, with the nuclear reactors in the condition they are..

Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #32  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Default Krispy Kreme Donuts

There are fresh Krispy Kreme Donuts in the breakroom. A week ago I would have been all over that . . . today, not so much! I'm having my planned snack - delicious Greek Yogurt.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #33  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Cape Breton Chick: OMG! Bob doesn't mess around! He tells u NO breaks! At least Jillian says no longer than 5 seconds; Bob says Don't Stop! But Yeah I feel a little sore but definitely worth it! I only made it 35 minutes today. I was sure I could do the two add on 10 min workouts! HA! Between 30 day shred level 2 and 35 minutes of Bob, I was done! I haven't dripped sweat that bad for a while! Good Luck with it lol!

MamaP: Good Job with the willpower! Krispy Kremes sound good but so not worth it. I don't like Greek yogurt though. Just can't get into the taste.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Just checking in with my team, hope the week is going good! I've struggled this week, first week in 4 months.. sigh.. guess that's part of the process though.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #35  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Power to the People!!!! (So happy to have power again)

Thanks MamaP and CBChick for your kind thoughts on the situation. I have never been without water and power for that long and it really makes you aware of what you have (or how unprepared you are).

I too, feel such sympathy for the people in Japan. Though my little crisis was big to me, it also pales in comparison to those poor people who are not only without water or power, but also food, while in freezing conditions complicated by the fear that nuclear fallout will slowly kill them. May God be with the people of Japan.

Back on track, having beef broccoli stir fry with brown rice tonight, with all calories already counted as 1378. I've been swilling water and will certainly exercise tonight as I did last night. Still stuck on the scale, but it's all good, I'm much more patient than I've been in other challenges.

Thanks too to Bobbi for sharing the Maxine quotes and your informative posts. And MamaP sorry you are feeling poorly but your resolve is strong - very inspirational!!! All you bluesers are Awesome!!!!!

ttyl

Dora
Old 03-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #36  

Hi I was out tonight delivering some tax appointment notices to the seniors for my mom so just got back a little while ago. I'm off for the next 4 days......WOOHOO and was going to do my running.....now they are calling for SNOW for the next week stupid snow.
I was going to workout tonight and when I got off work I went to my car to grab a bag I had in there to take back to the store so I bent over to pick it up and when I stood up....pinched a nerve in my back. How is that even possible? I know how but really picking up a bag.
Oh well I shall work through it I just hope it doesn't freeze tomorrow so I can go outside for a run.
Eating has been pretty spot on until tonight...even that wasn't to bad.
I'll come back tomorrow for personals as I'm on the phone tonight not the computer.
Have a great night everyone.

Last edited by Bigmid; 03-18-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #37  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Happy Friday! Woo hoo!!!! I am so ready for the weekend. Feels good to be on Day 6 of having my head back in the game. Even though this crud I have is really trying to settle into my lungs, I made it to the gym this morning. 50 minutes/2.5 miles on the treadmill. And I ran on the treadmill for the first time ever (2 minutes at 4.5 mph). I have been feeling like I want to try running but am still not sure about running in front of people (like in my neighborhood) and my asthma prevents me from running in cold weather anyway. I've always been afraid of running on the treadmill because I'm afraid I will fall. I had a brain tumor (an acoustic neuroma) in 1999 and to remove it they have to cut your balance nerve, so I only have one balance nerve. That obviously causes me some balance problems....but I did it. It was kind of surreal when I realized I had reached a running speed. I bet I was grinning from ear to ear. Silly how something so little can make you feel so good. I also enjoyed another 30 minutes of Joyce Meyer's show while on the treadmill - I love those little televisions attached to the treadmills at the Y.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #38  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
Just checking in with my team, hope the week is going good! I've struggled this week, first week in 4 months.. sigh.. guess that's part of the process though.
I got stuck this week too... the messed up part is my weight got stuck not cause of something yummy.. but because i added cabbage to my diet! I have been eating an extra side of cabbage for the past 3 days and the scale wouldnt budge... I didn't eat cabbage yesterday and i dropped a lb
Keep it up! I can't believe the week is almost over
Old 03-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #39  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Hi I was out tonight delivering some tax appointment notices to the seniors for my mom so just got back a little while ago. I'm off for the next 4 days......WOOHOO and was going to do my running.....now they are calling for SNOW for the next week stupid snow.
I was going to workout tonight and when I got off work I went to my car to grab a bag I had in there to take back to the store so I bent over to pick it up and when I stood up....pinched a nerve in my back. How is that even possible? I know how but really picking up a bag.
Oh well I shall work through it I just hope it doesn't freeze tomorrow so I can go outside for a run.
Eating has been pretty spot on until tonight...even that wasn't to bad.
I'll come back tomorrow for personals as I'm on the phone tonight not the computer.
Have a great night everyone.
I am so sorry that you hurt your back JackieAs for the weather,I got off of work at noon and have been laying out in the sun.It is 85 today

How's everyone doing? Congratulations to our biggest losers these past few weeks,I obviously haven't been doing too great,hence my silence here.My new schedule has been taking a toll on my body and sleep,plus my eating habits have not adjusted to all of these changes.With summer almost here(in FLorida that is) I really need to get back on track.My weight is okay,but the flab.......................... is back!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #40  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Jackie, I hope your back is better today.

No gym for me today - the crud is winning today and my lungs are killing me. I will be extra careful with my food today - for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to Sunday's weigh in.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by MamaP; 03-19-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #41  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

I'm sorry I haven't been here alot lately. We have been swamped because they called us with a newborn boy and since we had chosen to put our home on hold from any placements and take a break, there were tons of things we needed to update before they could bring him here! If he gets to stay, he is our last one! Had to get fire extinguishers maintenance done 50.00, had a heat and a/c check done, even tho it is working fine, another 70.00, etc. They put all kinds of requirements for us to adopt a baby but people who give birth can go home to any kind of home. They can live in a tent and no one will say a thing. Sad. But it's reality. So I am praying this baby stays and we can stop having all these dumb rules (some are good rules, some make no sense). Pray for us! We want a normal life and stop all this extra stuff they want us to do. Will be so nice to just parent the way we want to and not be worried about caseworkers constantly looking around our home to find a plug without a plug blocker, anything they can find to give a violation. But we've had no injuries here to us or any child who has lived here in the last 13 years, I guess our home is great if you ask me! We've had 35 foster kids and 11 exchange students! Blah, frustrating!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 03-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #42  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Wow Selina that's a lot of kids! LOL. I am pulling my hair out and am done with 2 couldn't imagine having taken care of 35 + 11 exchange! Kudos to you!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #43  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

I have officially reached my goal weight. Well, the goal weight I said I was aiming for, even though I never thought I'd get there. My secret vanity goal weight is next! Come on, blue team! Have a great weigh-in!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:52 PM   #44  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Congratulations Reji on reaching your "unofficial" goal weight - it gives me hope I too may reach it someday.

Sorry Selina you having to deal with the agrivating agencies. Soon though you'll have all your "babies" to yourself, to parent without looking over your shoulder.

MamaP hope you get to feeling better real soon. I know that chest stuff takes it out of you. But, like you, I too am looking forward to the Sunday weigh-in. Even though I missed 3 days of walking and wasn't OP, I still managed a loss, whoot!

Transporter - glad you solved the mystery of the stinking cabbage!

Spryng - hope you're over the hump, no longer struggling.

Mercy - so glad to see you posting again.

Where's Narnia and Bobbi?

Well I'm getting ready to start putting some of my creations on Etsy. I've done enough research, its time to get busy. Plus it'll keep my busy and away from the fridge!

Good luck on the weigh-in team - let's rock this week's challenge!!!!

ttyl

Dora
Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #45  

Hi busy day today running around in case we get the 10-20 cm of snow that they are calling for......Liz I'm coming to Florida for a visit....til summer....LOL

reji - Congratulations on reaching goal that's awesome.

Will still catch up later with everyone. My back is better today thanks Kris.

Well I even got my run in today and also went and paid for my running clinic.
Off to bed now will chat more in the morning.

Don't forget to WI tomorrow everyone.