Old 03-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #16  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

I tried cutting cheese out of my diet but (TMI) it made me constipated. I do not like full fat cheese anymore though. I like fat free versions best. I would like to cut sugar and processed foods, but due to living situation right now way too hard to do at the present time. Someday...
Old 03-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #17  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Blue Team......I spent the day in the kitchen cooking. I have lots of frozen apples in the freezer and always looking for ways to use them up. Today I made a crustless apple pie for DH. It called for egg whites and lower calorie bisquick mix. I put it all in Fitday, thinking I could have a slice. WRONG! 223 calories, I'm not wasting my calories on that!
Narnia...you're welcome, I thought it would spur everyone on seeing how much they've shed so far. Even those that don't have big numbers can be proud of what they've accomplished. (I'm not Dora by the way)
Quote:
Thanks for posting everyone's weight loss percentage. It's very motivating to see how far we have all come. Way to go everyone
3 Cheers for MamaP for getting back on plan, we'll all cheer you on.
Page...Have you tried Stevia instead of sugar? I have both granulated and the liquid. I use liquid the most, especially in iced tea. By the way, I have a good recipe for decaf green iced tea. I'll post it at the bottom. Green tea is soooooo good for you too.
Transporter...I don't eat cheese much, I have some fat free slices in the frig but they are pretty tasteless unless you melt them. Sometimes I'll bake a Flat Out until crisp, top with turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce and fat free mozzarella....then zap in microwave until melted. These are really good and very filling for lunch.
Save traveling Kelsey.
Mumtolian...hope you're staying on plan for son's birthday party. Have fun!
Dream...I was actually at goal until I had my doc's nurse measure me, found out I wasn't 5'4" anymore. I'd shrunk and according to the charts, I was still a tad overweight. That's when I joined the Biggest Loser challenge to motivate me to take it off. It's really coming off hard, one plateau after another.
Quote:
Bobbi-Yes it does feel good. I made and packaged my meals for the week yesterday, so hoping for another great week. Hopefully one day I'll be as close to my goal as you are.
Sandlll...Funny you should mention brussel sprouts, I never much cared for them until I ran across a great recipe. It's fresh carrots, onions, spuds and brussel sprouts, drizzle a teaspoon or so olive oil on them, salt and pepper and just roast them. They take on a sweetness, yum-o.
Quote:
I found out that I actually like roasted brussel sprouts
I'll have to come back and post the recipe for Southern Iced Tea.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #18  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Hey everyone, my internet has been acting up, so I wasn't able to weigh in.. thank goodness for the freebies

Congrats to Transporter, Dream710, mumtoliam, and sandlll

Have a great week team!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #19  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Shoot, I can't find the recipe. I've made it so often, I'll just tell you the trick. The recipes says to add a dash of baking soda in with the tea bags, then pour the boiling water over it.
I use 6 bags of decaf green tea bags
1 bag of herb ginger tea,
fresh grated ginger
dash of baking soda.
Put all in pitcher, add 2 cups of boiling water and let sit for an hour with cover on. I then add cold water to make 2 quarts, leave the tea bags in overnight in the frig. The next day I take the tea bags out, sweeten with stevia. The baking soda is an old Southern tea tip.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-15-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #20  
Doing something for me!

Bobbi: Sounds interesting. I do personally don't use extra sugar or sugar substitutes. I drink unsweet tea even. But there is sugar in foods I eat from time to time. Thanks for the suggestion though.

So today has been one bad thing after another. My kids had a rough night and after 5 days of following a great sleeping schedule, they were up and down ALL night and morning. Then I didn't exercise as much as I want and even waited til afternoon to do it. Then my ex decides to go nuts and harass me and I fell back into eating my feelings Oh well I'll pick myself back up now and try to get back on track as best as possible. SO ready for this Saturday!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #21  

Hi just a quick check in to say hi hope your all doing well. Looks like some long posts so all must be going okay
Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #22  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hi all... I missed training last night as we were celebrating my son's birthday and don't I notice it today. I have been tired and lacking motivation to move today. My body is so use to having my blood pumping through it LOL. Well tomorrow I have planned to go on a walk and will have an hour PT session as long as the sun stays out, otherwise I will have to try and motivate myself to do indoor stuff. I much prefer the outdoors!

Catch you all soon!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #23  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Today's plan:

Breakfast:
2 hard boiled eggs & a grapefruit
Snack:
Greek Yogurt & a Apple
Lunch:
Homemade Vegetable Chicken Soup (Diced Baked Chicken Breast, Cabbage, Celery, a few Carrots, onion, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, V8) & a string cheese
Snack:
Avocado & String Cheese
Dinner:
Roast Beef and Cream cheese roll-ups & celery

That's about 1200 calories. I went to the gym this morning and did 1.2 miles on the treadmill. I would like to do more than that, but getting my butt out of bed early enough to spend more than about 30 minutes at the gym is difficult for me. I'm going back tonight for Zumba.

Yesterday's stats:
Total calories: 1113
Water: 120+ ounces
Zumba: 45 minutes

ETA:
Zumba 45 minutes
1.2 miles treadmill a.m.
1 mile on lunch break

Last edited by MamaP; 03-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #24  

Morning everyone I'm very tired today. I'd be lucky if I got 2hrs sleep last night. Not sure why I just couldn't sleep. I have to work late tonight and now my eyes want to close on me go figure.
Not sure if I will exercise today or take this as my rest day.
Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you later.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #25  
Daily Struggle

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Morning everyone I'm very tired today. I'd be lucky if I got 2hrs sleep last night. Not sure why I just couldn't sleep. I have to work late tonight and now my eyes want to close on me go figure.
Not sure if I will exercise today or take this as my rest day.
Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you later.
definitely get some sleep in before your next shift! Lack of sleep can increase your appetite. Also you dont want to go to work tired.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Bobbi, I used the wrong name, silly me!

Quote:
I read that the bacteria in cheese actually makes you constantly crave it.
what kind of dvds? p90x?
Transporter, that's really interesting, I didn't know that.
I do have P90X and I really enjoyed the workouts, and will have to get back to them again. Right now I mostly use Cathe Friedrich's, (www.cathe.com) dvds. She has a lot of different types of workouts and most of her newer ones come with premixes which are great when I am short on time. Do you use workout dvds? If so, what are your favourites?

PageLynn, sorry you had a rough day yesterday I hope today is better for you!

Quote:
I missed training last night as we were celebrating my son's birthday and don't I notice it today. I have been tired and lacking motivation to move today. My body is so use to having my blood pumping through it LOL
Vanessa, I feel the same way when I miss a workout. Right now I am getting really antsy to get going again, but I know I need to give it a little more time before I jump back into the workouts.

Kris, way to go with the 1.2 miles on the treadmill today, and the Zumba class yesterday, awesome!

Jacky, I hope you get a better sleep tonight.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Last edited by Narnia99; 03-16-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #27  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi there Bluesers! This IS Dora, by the way

So sorry I haven't been able to be on here. For the past 3 days, we have been without power and to top it off, we are on well water, so we were also without water. 3 nights of listening to the radio are thankfully far behind me. I'm bummed too because i had just started be truly faithful to my exercise, which is WATP on DVD (plus it was totally dark down in the basement where I workout) But . . . I am back on track now and will work out tonight after dinner (my usual time). Eating was a little off too - absolutely nothing to do at night, and in the day - reading and . . . um eating. So - I may not lose, but I'm pretty sure I'll be the same.

So proud of our biggest losers who continue to inspire and virtually show just how this weight loss journey can be done!!!

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 03-16-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #28  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Congrats to Transporter and Dream710, mumtoliam, sandlll!!

I'm back from Memphis and Nashville, went with DH and we had a great time. Loved Graceland and Sun Records! It was a pleasure trip, all the trips I've taken in 2011 have been. Which makes resisting the food and champagne difficult. I tend to indulge selectively and get right back on track when I get home. As far as maintaining my weight being gone 1 week out of every 4 the past few months, I am training for a half marathon and train as hard while traveling as at home. Traveling does slow my losses; I do lose while I'm at home living my routine life.

I'm looking forward to getting back to cooking my own food and training on familiar ground for a while. I hope everyone has a great week! Don't forget to make time for exercise.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #29  
Doing something for me!

Transporter: While lack of sleep = increase in appetite explains my increase in appetite the past couple of days and bad food day yesterday.
Narnia: It hasn't got much better. Ex will kill someday I am sure (not actual death but figuratively speaking). He is nuts. I want to do P90X sooo bad! Someday hopefully!

So today I had to eat out all three meals and amazingly I stayed within calorie intake (over in points but that's what the weeklies are for). My son had a consult about his teeth and now has to have surgery next month to get caps and a filling (they have to sedate him since he won't sit still lol). I talked with my advisor and I only have 20 credit hours left so I am not changing majors. I could possibly graduate by December! But most likely May. I am exhausted from today's travelling. Hope everyone had a great day!
Oh and I got a new workout video! Biggest Loser Cardio Max Weight Loss! Only $7.99 at Walgreens!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #30  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Today's Plan:

Breakfast:
2 hard boiled eggs & a grapefruit
Snack:
Greek Yogurt
Lunch:
Homemade Vegetable Chicken Soup & a Turkey and Swiss Cheese Roll up
Snack:
Herbalife Homemade protein bar (the Herbalife store sells these - so good)
Dinner:
Protein Shake Strawberry "Ice Cream" (Protein powder, frozen strawberries & 4 oz almond milk)

Approximately 1200 calories

Today's stats:
Water: 100+ ounces
Exercise: Short walk on my lunch break

Yesterday's stats:
Zumba 45 minutes
1.2 miles treadmill a.m.
1 mile on lunch break

I won't make it to the gym today - had to come into work early today and have an appointment after work. I'm hoping to get in a walk on my lunch break today. I'm coming down with the flu or a cold so I'm feeling like crud. Both of the grandbabies are sick - croupy coughs, runny noses, fever, etc. I think they have shared their germs with me.

Hope everyone has a great day. Dora, glad to hear you have your power back.

Last edited by MamaP; 03-17-2011 at 09:11 PM.