Old 03-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #16  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Ugh, I need help, you guys.

I know I haven't ever posted in this chat thread (just for my weigh-ins) but I need to reach out.

I have been holding solid at 199-206. My weight fluctuates up during the week and then back down to 199 by the end of the week, mainly because I think I panic a bit at the thought of weighing in and work pretty hard by the end of the week.

I need...motivation? Accountability? Something. So I'm reaching out...for ideas, people to be accountable to, or something. Any ideas? Words of wisdom? I know it's late in this challenge, but I need help and figured I could turn to you girls!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #17  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Rainbow- I myself have felt glued to the tv as well. I have forced myself to shut it off about an hour before I go to bed, but I'm still having nightmares all this week. Especially with everything happening so close to me here in Korea. I do keep the Japanese English tv channel on my work computer running at all times (no volume, and with the screen turned, so none of my 3 and 4 year olds can see the screen). I have it running so I can check headlines every 30 minutes or so throughout the day. I put the volume on during their recess time and my lunch break. It's so hard to not feel emotional and sensitive to what is taking place. But, I'm just continuing to pray for everyone there.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey Red Team!

I did hit the gym after work as well! I did 15 minutes on the treadmill (ran for 1 minute) and then 30 minutes on the elliptical as well! Hooray!

I also ate TOTALLY on plan today! No screw ups! Not even one bite of something that wasn't on plan! WOOT!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #19  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
Ugh, I need help, you guys.

I know I haven't ever posted in this chat thread (just for my weigh-ins) but I need to reach out.

I have been holding solid at 199-206. My weight fluctuates up during the week and then back down to 199 by the end of the week, mainly because I think I panic a bit at the thought of weighing in and work pretty hard by the end of the week.

I need...motivation? Accountability? Something. So I'm reaching out...for ideas, people to be accountable to, or something. Any ideas? Words of wisdom? I know it's late in this challenge, but I need help and figured I could turn to you girls!
rachel....i am soooo happy to see your beautiful smiling face in this post
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!

i am no expert by any means...but i would suggest that the coming week...you journal EVERY SINGLE MORSEL OF FOOD THAT GOES IN YOUR MOUTH! write everything down, and i mean everything from a glass of water, a stick of gum, a nibble of anything. then post it here, and we can all help you take inventory of just what you are eating. that is the first thing i do when i don't show a loss that i expect...i go over every inch of my food journal in detail....
so tell us what you eat tomorrow. everything. deal??

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 03-15-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

Congratulations to all our top losers! GO RED!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #21  
MeTime

Courtney- Congrats on your on plan day! Woohoo!

Pokeycactus- I agree with rainbowsmiles. Sometimes we don't realize that the small things really add up. Journaling my phone either on paper or electronically is key for me to stay on plan and see results.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #22  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

RAINBOW . . . CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ALSO TO SINDEA, DESIDOO AND PEANUT, WAY TO GO LADIES . . .

SORRY I'VE BEEN SO ABSENT THE PAST WEEK BUT MY COMPUTER BLEW UP, I WENT TO WORK AND GOT HIT, BIT AND KICKED BY ONE OF THE RESIDENTS (I WAS WORKING IN MEMORY CARE THAT NIGHT), THEN WHEN I GOT HOMEI STEPPED DOWN THE STAIRS WRONG AND TWISTED MY ANKLE . . . (ALL IN ONE DAY) UGH!! SO IT WAS THE CURSE OF THREE'S . . . NEEDLESS TO SAY THE COMPUTER SHOULD BE FIXED TOMORROW, (I HOPE), I DON'T HAVE TO WORK IN MEMORY CARE FOR 2 MORE WEEKS AND MY ANKLE IS FEELING MUCH, MUCH BETTER . . . I HAVE BEEN MISSING EVERYONE AND ALL THE MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT . . . I'VE FELT LIKE A PRISIONER . . . I'VE BEEN STAYING ON PLAN AND DOING WHAT EXERCISE I COULD, MOSTLY THE UPPER BODY AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RIDE MY BIKE ONE LEGGED (IT'S UP ON A TRAINER RIGHT NOW) . . . SO LADIES HANG IN THERE, I SHALL RETURN SOOOOOOON!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #23  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

MadameB---I truly admire your never give in attitude, and you are truly a saint to be working in memory care. So inspiring to read about a truly horrid few days and making the most of them. WTG!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #24  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Red Team
...and especially Rainbow Smiles!!!!

You Guys Rock!

So Motivational!!!!

Here's to a big loss for all of us for week 10!

You guys are awesome

Dora
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #25  
Feed Your Freedom

aww thanks dora

we are all in this together!!

WE CAN DO iT!!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #26  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Happy Wednesday y'all!!! I hope everyone had wonderful days!!!! I am super sore from working out, but it's a good kind of sore, so I'll take it!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #27  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I'm still having a love affair with 219, but I plan to kick that number to the curb, plus a few of his friends, by our next weigh in! I'm so tired of this epic stall that I seem to be in...and I need a new bouncy guy in my signature.

Rachel -- Your post reminded me of a little piece of motivation I received from a friend here a few years ago...so I dug up her post, because I'm not capable of putting it any better than this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambejaly5 View Post
pre- LAWL I saw a woman walk by me who was very trim, fit pretty..... I thought to myself "what I wouldn't give to look like that" then I thought to myself, "what would I give???" when I say to myself "what I wouldn't give....." it implied to myself that I would give anything in the world. But then I realized, I don't have to give that much. I don't have to give my first born, my home, my husband, my soul. Then what do I have to give? I have to give the desire to stick to it. When I realized that I could have it all I have to do is do it, then it became clear. This was not something that was off limits to me. I CAN be fit. It is mine for the taking. It is like Dorthy, the ability to go home was there all along, she just had to believe it herself. Click your shoes 3 times and tell yourself "theres nothing like fit, theres nothing like fit! "

The other thing I tell myself is I only have to be POP for one day, thats all. only one day---- today. when I wake up tomorrow, I tell myself again, you only have to be POP one day --- today.

that is not to say that I don't fail from time to time, I completely understand what you are saying about feeling addicted and out of control. But I have got to keep trying, because I would give anything to be trim and fit myself.

Hang in there and click those shoes!
Lettie
Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #28  
MeTime

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

All is good here in SK. I've made it to the gym every planned day so far this week. My weight hasn't been moving daily though. I'm trying to be patient but its so fustrating. I'm going to try to up my water intake the next few days and see if that helps.

How is everyone else doing??
Old 03-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Finally working out of my funk due to worrying about world events. Having lived in Japan for 2 years- I've camped near many of the towns that don't exist anymore. It's surreal and hard to grasp. Luckily my friends that are there are safe as most are in the Tokyo area. Dealing with guilty feelings for thinking "I'm so glad I don't live there anymore"
Hopped on the treadmill after we (my YMCA/CBC live right now team) had a presentation with a dietician. I rocked out 5k in 33 min, but am paying the price today- my legs are sore.

Have a Happy St.Patty's Day! mmmm Guinness!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #30  
Feed Your Freedom

HAPPY
ST PATRICKS DAY
EVERYONE

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

traditional gaelic blessing