Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #16  

Morning,
We have some great goals being mentioned.....I know we can do this.

Well I'm having a bit of trouble this week I have been so cold it's not even funny. Yesterday it put me in such a bad mood I didn't even exercise.....yes I know it would have warmed me up but the bad mood would have meant only a half hearted attempt. So as long as I exercise 5x's this week I am still on track.

Well guess I should get back to work have a great day everyone.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #17  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

My 3 goals for this week:
1. Get out of my dumpy mood, thanks Susan.
2. Decided to add more calories to my menu, maybe that will jump/kick me off my dreaded plateau.
3. Start posting again.

P.S. MamaP...I'm so sorry to see you back tracking. I read your blog and your weight loss journey is amazing. It looks like the holidays last year got in the way of your losing streak. You were only 10 pounds from onederland but you can do it again. What worked for you then will work again, you just have to put your mind to it. Get rid of all the junk/trigger foods in your house so the temptations are not underfoot. Hang that pretty red dress you wore to the ball on the front of your refrigerator and vow to get back into it. We're a team, we'll all help you.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #18  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
P.S. MamaP...I'm so sorry to see you back tracking. I read your blog and your weight loss journey is amazing. It looks like the holidays last year got in the way of your losing streak. You were only 10 pounds from onederland but you can do it again. What worked for you then will work again, you just have to put your mind to it. Get rid of all the junk/trigger foods in your house so the temptations are not underfoot. Hang that pretty red dress you wore to the ball on the front of your refrigerator and vow to get back into it. We're a team, we'll all help you.
Thanks for the encouragement. There were a lot of things that kind of tripped me up . . . stress, the holidays, life has been crazy, work has been crazy, my daughter and grandsons (age 2 yrs and 8 months) moved in with me the beginning of November so the types of food I have in the house has changed and life has gotten even more busy. I've gotten lazy about planning and tracking my food and just doing what's easy and easy is not good for me. The breakroom at my work is loaded with snack foods and candy and I've gotten back in the habit of eating things at work that I shouldn't have. I am working on getting back on track. We joined the Y and I went this morning and did a little over a mile on the treadmill and then tonight I went for a Zumba class. Now, just to keep it up and work on planning my meals and snacks more consistently. I probably should start writing on my blog again too and I need to post on 3FC more. The support here is amazing.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #19  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

My goals are

to workout 4 times a week--I need to develop this lifelong habit
to maintain the energy needed to track my food and watch my portions--I regain when I lose this focus, and I need to work harder on getting right back to it if I slip up
to lose a few more pounds--I don't think my body's done losing
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #20  
Bobbi

Good Morning Blue Team,
I'm sitting at my computer desk watching the snow tumble down. It's been snowing since last nite around supper time. I had a nice surprise yesterday while defrosting the freezers. (both freezers out in our breezeway, one for meat and the other for our garden produce.) In the corner of the breezeway is a potted peach tree that has to be stored in the breezeway or garage over the winter. It's just loaded with pink flowers! I hadn't paid much attention to it, only noticed it because I was working next to it. So ladies, spring is really around the corner. I'll post a picture of it later, hope it washes away the winter blues. I think that's what I've got, the winter blues. I'm bored to death with winter, DH and I did get out cross country skiing 3 times last week. This week the temperature will be too warm to go out, the snow gets sticky when it's around 30 degrees.
Jacky...maybe you've got the winter blues too, it must be catchy. Your #3 goal is telling, I think that's why some of us gain weight, thinking we'll feel better about ourselves when we eat comfort foods. Then we're not happy with ourselves after eat it. It's like a vicious circle. Congrats on the honorable mention, 1.19% is fantastic.
Quote:
3. To learn to be happy with myself no matter what: this would be the ultimate goal no matter what weight I am at (wasn't happy at 162 either) I am a work in progress and really want to find out how to be happy with myself I am my own worst enemy.
Page... You've lost just about 9 pounds in 8 weeks so losing 1 pound a week for the next 5 weeks should be an easy goal for you. Keep up the good work.
Quote:
1. Be at least 5 lbs lighter. I really want to be on my way out of the 180's. It would give me the motivation to continue, as right now I am starting to doubt myself.
Dream...What kind of eating plan are you on? If this is something you struggle with, maybe we can give you some advice. I've been on every diet know to man, eventually I always go back to calorie counting. It used to be a pain in the butt counting calories but with all the great websites available, it's so much easier. (I use Fitday)
Quote:
Focus on my eating. It's the part I struggle with the most,
Coco...Patience, now you're talking about me or my lack of it. I'm one of those impatient people that weigh myself every morning. Sorry, I can' give you any good advice on that one, I need it myself. P.S. thanks for the private pep talk.
Quote:
Be patient. Sometimes I want the weight gone so bad,
Vanessa...I just noticed you're from down under, Australia. How cool, I watched a documentary recently on Australia, very interesting. As to your #2 goal, tracking your food, what are you using?
Kimberly...whatever you're doing, keep it up. I see you made biggest loser once and honorable mentioned a few times. Good job!
Quote:
3. Continue tracking and NOT be hard on myself if I slip up
gvntofly...DH and I eat on trays in front of the tv every night, we so enjoy it. The one thing bad about it is we're eating only to restore our energy and not enjoying the taste and smell of food. We're too old to change but I can see where it'd be better to stop that habit. Your half marathon is a great goal to work toward.
Quote:
3. Not to buy or prepare any unhealthy foods and no more eating in front of the TV!That is my goal for the Race 13.1 Valpo Half Marathon in Valparaiso, IN on Nov. 13, 2011!

Sprying...5 weeks left at one pound a week? Should work for you since you have a good track of losing.
Quote:
sprying3. be down at least 5 more lbs (I lose soooo slow so this is a big deal, lol)
River...you really amaze me with your 'no gain' while traveling. I don't think I'd do as well as you do. Do you travel for fun or a job? Congrats on the biggest loser!
Quote:
Enjoy myself while traveling, embrace life and my loved ones and have fun on the journey 1.91% biggest loser
Dora...I was just looking at your stats and you've accomplished great loss so far. I don't have week 8 in front of me but on week 7 you were down'13.6 pounds. I should have updated my list before I started gabbing. You won't give up, not after all you've accomplished, keep that winning streak rolling.
Quote:
3- To keep my mindset that this is a long-term journey, not an overnight success. Important because I tend to get either a) discouraged and want to give up or b) start thinking I'm doing better than I really am - and want to give up. Either way, I don't want to give up this time!

Reji...What can I say about your stats, WOW! Down at least 10 pounds. Keep on keeping on!
Kris...Whoa! No wonder you got tripped up. No, I guess you can't rid your house of goodies. You do have your work cut out for you. One good thing with your daughter living with you, she probably can help you by keeping healthy food in the house for everyone. Especially knowing you struggle with food like the rest of us. We all have that in common. You just have to be extra strong, put blinders on at work. Carry healthy snacks to work and think of the work place snacks as poison, which they really are! Think of your two adorable grandkids and how they love you and want YOU to be be around for a long time.
Quote:
There were a lot of things that kind of tripped me up . . . stress, the holidays, life has been crazy, work has been crazy, my daughter and grandsons (age 2 yrs and 8 months) moved in with me the beginning of November so the types of food I have in the house has changed and life has gotten even more busy. I've gotten lazy about planning and tracking my food and just doing what's easy and easy is not good for me. The breakroom at my work is loaded with snack foods and candy and I've gotten back in the habit of eating things at work that I shouldn't have. I am working on getting back on track. We joined the Y and I went this morning and did a little over a mile on the treadmill and then tonight I went for a Zumba class. Now, just to keep it up and work on planning my meals and snacks more consistently. I probably should start writing on my blog again too and I need to post on 3FC more. The support here is amazing.

Sorry this got so long, I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. My pink flowering pear tree has banished the blue away, I'm going to take notice of it everyday.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-09-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #21  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

WOW Bobbi. U got about everyone lol. I don't have the time to do that today or most days.

Big accomplishment for me guys! 189.6 as of this morning! That means I have lost 10% as of today! And I am in the 180's! SO EXCITED! Just had to share with people who understand lol.

Last edited by PageLynn; 03-09-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #22  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Kris...Whoa! No wonder you got tripped up. No, I guess you can't rid your house of goodies. You do have your work cut out for you. One good thing with your daughter living with you, she probably can help you by keeping healthy food in the house for everyone. Especially knowing you struggle with food like the rest of us. We all have that in common. You just have to be extra strong, put blinders on at work. Carry healthy snacks to work and think of the work place snacks as poison, which they really are! Think of your two adorable grandkids and how they love you and want YOU to be be around for a long time.
I love having my daughter and grandsons with me, but it does make things a little hectic sometimes. We do have healthy food in the house, but there are other things as well. My daughter has a very healthy relationship with food and can handle "treats" without a problem. I just need to stay away from them and I know I can because I've done it before. My grandsons are a lot of my motivation. I love being able to get down on the floor and play with them and run and play with Micah. There are so many things I can do with them now that I would have never been able to do before, and it's only gonna get better the healthier I get.

Below are links to a couple of posts I made a while back about the snacks at work. All free. Crazy, huh?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3675885-post66.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3675892-post67.html

Hope everyone has a great day! Sorry, I don't do very good with personals anymore - I used to do a lot of that at night while I was home alone, but now my evenings are not strictly my own anymore (which is a good thing).
Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #23  
Bobbi

Kris...those pictures just blew me away. I don't understand what's wrong with companies that feed their employess all that junk food. Can you imagine what Bob and Jillian from the Biggest losers would do with all that? Hire a dumpster for sure. Maybe you can print out the note below and underline the benefits of eating healthy, put it in their suggestion box.

Quote:
Healthy Snacks at Work
Take a moment to look around your workplace and you may notice:
  • Vending machines packed with choices high in calories, fat, sugar, & salt
  • Muffins and pastries left over from a meeting or event
  • Cafeterias displaying chocolate bars and chips at the point of purchase
  • …and not surprisingly… expanding waistlines
Healthy snacking can be a challenge when you’re at the mercy of the choices at your workplace. Not to mention, many employees don’t have the time to have a snack during their workday. But when we eat healthy, we have more energy, are less prone to stress, and can be more productive at work. With a little planning, snacks can be part of a healthy eating pattern and a busy work day.
Healthy Eating can Benefit your Workplace
Addressing healthy eating within your workplace can lead to several benefits (PDF, 18-20 of 114) including:
  • Reduced absenteeism and sick time
  • Reduced medical costs
  • Increased productivity
  • Improved employee health and wellness
P.S. I just went back and updated our stats, I have Jacky's weigh in stats that I update every week, put in everyone's loss/gain and the percentages, then print out. I only do that because I like to see where I fall in the %, it encourages me. I just noticed Jacky, on week 7 you put down 285.2 I think you mean 185.2.
Quote:
Week 7 Weigh-in (2/27):285.2 (+2.6) 1.42%

Where's your side kick Nancy0, she doesn't have her weight down for week 8?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-09-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #24  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hi Blue New You

Enjoyed reading everyone's goals and thanks Bobbi for the words of encouragement. Went a little off plan yesterday, but back on the wagon today. Getting more in the mindset of walking and my son wants me to go walking with him too, so exercise is coming to the forefront. Missed yesterday because I didn't get in til 8:30, but will for sure walk today.

Yes, spring is coming, my daffodils are finally showing their pretty yellow faces and the pear trees are showing their blossoms. And the time change is this coming Sunday - which I enjoy for the more hours to be outside.

Looked at your blog MamaP and enjoyed reading about your journey. Hope I have such a good tale to tell soon. No, I'm sure I will!!!

Hang in there team, we're on our way to a total win, we've done an awesome job. I'm already wondering about the next one . . . so . . . does anyone know when it will be?

Dora
Old 03-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #25  

Hi everyone just a quick post before bed then I'll be back for personals tomorrow.
Well I went to Zumba tonight with Nancy (yes Bobbi she is still around just not on here yet.....hint hint to Nancy) and according to her go wear fit we burnt 600 calories in that hour..... WOOHOO

I love that spring may be just around the corner. I'm taking a running class starting on the 8th of April so very much looking forward to that.

Well goodnight for now and talk to you all tomorrow.

PS Bobbi - maybe I just felt 285.2.....just like some days I feel 102 in age Lol. Good thing I did the right totaling or our percentage would have been so bad with my 100lb gain

Last edited by Bigmid; 03-10-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #26  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

WOOHOO Bobbi is back I noticed Bigmids large weight gain too lol.. She gained and dropped that hundred fast hehe Hopefully the weather brightens up there soon Bobbi

MamaP - Wow.. all of that free junk food is crazy! I would have a really hard time with that!

Have a great day everyone... GO BLUE!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #27  
Bobbi

I was looking for ways to stay motivated to exercise since I hate it so much.
Quote:
How to Stay Motivated to Exercise
    • 1 Determine an attainable goal such as exercising twice on weekdays, once on weekends. Creating realistic goals will set you up for success. If your goal becomes too easy, you can always design a new one.
    • 2 Create rewards for achieving your goal. The reward can be a massage, a new workout outfit, a new CD, a session with a personal trainer, or a new piece of sports equipment - whatever you really want.
    • 3 Partner with a friend, co-worker or loved one - someone who will support you and your goals without sabotaging them.
    • 4 Subscribe to a fitness magazine or online fitness newsletter. New tips and exercises can be inspirational and alleviate boredom.
    • 5 Create a competition with co-workers or friends. For example, the team whose members exercise for 30 minutes, three times each week for three months wins a prize. You decide what the prize is.
    • 6 Change into your workout clothes. Sometimes, it's just a matter of getting dressed that causes the biggest barrier.
    • 7 Erase the concept that if you can't do at least 30 minutes you're wasting your time. Exercise burns calories, increases energy, and improves your health - even in small doses.
    • 8 Try a new sport or class. Adding variety, group support and competition can increase your likelihood of exercising.
    • 9 Make a commitment to your dog to go for a long walk at least twice each week.
    • 10 Look for ways to incorporate activity into your day, even if you can't do your normal exercise routine. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, go bowling instead of to the movies, or use a push mower instead of a power mower.
    • 11 Sign up for a race and send in the entry fee. Whatever your activity - running, biking, walking, swimming - there are hundreds of races offered all over the world. Pick a place you've always wanted to visit.
    • 12 Join a gym. For some, paying for a membership increases the likelihood of compliance. It also eliminates the bad-weather excuse.
Tips & Warnings

• Exercise in the morning. Research shows that people who make exercise a priority first thing in their day are more likely to stick with it.

• Every person goes through periods of time when it's incredibly challenging to maintain an exercise program. Acknowledge it when it happens, recognize that it's just a brief period of time, and restart your program as soon as possible.

• Choose things that motivate you - not what others want.

• Remind yourself of the many health benefits of an exercise program.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #28  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Love all the tips ladies. Wonderful info for us all.

Gotta rush and saying that also I won't be here Sunday thru Friday but should be ok to post on the weekend again. Hugssss and have a great end of the week!

Selina
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

everyone
Sorry I missed the last weigh-in. I've used up both of my freebies, so I will make sure that I don't miss another one.
This past week as been quite stressful for me as I have been having some intense abdominal pains. I went to the doctor this morning, and it's what I suspected: a weakness in my abdominal wall near my navel. The doctor doesn't believe that I have a hernia, but he is sending me for an u/s to make sure. I have experienced this once before about 10 years ago after giving birth to my daughter. The pain went away then, and my doctor is hopeful that it will again this time. He believes all the coughing I was doing when I was sick caused the area to be sore again. So, I haven't been able to exercise, but I have been watching what I have been eating. The scale is showing an increase of 3 pounds so I guess I need to decrease my calories until I can exercise again.

Congratulations to River for being our BL
Congratulation to Selena, Jacky, and Kimberly as well

Everyone has some great goals for the remainder of the challenge. I'll have to think about mine and post them later.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 03-11-2011, 02:16 AM   #30  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hi Gals!!!

Doing well OP and getting an hour most days of walking, weight is beginning to fall again. All this thanks to all of you and your great examples. Still 3 more days to go, whoo hoo! Need to catch up to my March 1 weight

Dora