Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 8 (02/28-03/06)

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi everyone here we are at week 8, I posted some stuff on week 7 just catching up with some posts I missed.

Well we used 4 Freebies (1 was on purpose) and we lost 4 more which leaves us with 24 people on the blue team.

I just want to say Congratulations to all of you who are left and are sticking with it If anyone thinks they may miss WI just put in your same weight that you were you can always change it if you are near the computer after all.

Well a big congratulations to our Biggest Losers for the week:

Biggest Loser:
    Cape Breton Chick, -4.2, -1.96%

Honorable Mentions:
    Kelsey21, -3lbs, -1.72%
    maryshady, -2.4lbs, -1.51%
    Mercy03, -2lbs, -1.36%

Team Loss of -5.1lbs, -.11%
  • Okay so I need to re committ to this challange I'm up then down then up again and spring is supposed to be around the corner and I want to be down.

I have 2 dinners out for the weekend but if I plan everything else out and up my exercise I should be okay.

As tomorrow is the last day of Feb I will say that I will be down 6lbs by the end of March.

I will exercise 4x's this week with cardio as part of the workout. I will start taking my vitamins and omaga 3's again too.

I will also come and post everyday to show some more team spirit and committement to the team

What are your goals for the week and for March?
  • Hi everyone,
    Results are posted and the Red team won for week 7 but I said we would give them a run for their money on week 8........Who's with me?
  • Well Bluesers - let's regain the victory - or should that be re-lose it?

Congrats to our own biggest losers and honorable mentions. I'm pleased to say this Saturday presented a lot of opportunities to go off plan, but I did great, with my week's loss at 2.4! My daughter Jessie's birthday party was here at the house. Her request was a big Mexican meal - tacos, chicken enchiladas and chile rellenos - plus a "white cake with white frosting" (topped with her favorite ice cream Beaver Tracks). I had 2 tacos, a small serving of enchiladas and rellenos. I had a huge piece of cake in front of me, complete with ice cream. Took a couple bites of each and left the rest!!! For me, this is huge. I didn't feel cheated, I got to have some, just not all.

Just for reference, here's a picture of Jessie and her "boyfriend" Sam (who incidentally said he wants to live here) He's cute but, um . . . well, happy to say, everyone went home.

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff469/doragone7/

Here's to a losing week - good luck to us all, red and blue . . . but more for blue - I'm with you Jacky!!!

Dora
  • Congrats all of the losers this week!!

Dora - great job not eating the entire piece of cake! It's good to learn to have a treat, and not go overboard - victory! hehe + Congrats on your 2.4lbs! Nice job!!

Bigmid - I'm with you on giving Red a run for their money! Let's work hard to stay on plan this week team Also, thanks again for all of the hard work you put in leading our team Bigmid!

My main goal for this week is to exercise at least 5x this week for 30 minutes. I have a feeling I will do more.. My husband and I started a gym membership yesterday, and I plan on wearing that membership out! There aren't any classes there, but tons of machines I am going to make use of.

I just started the presidential active lifestyle challenge, to get the award you need to log 30 minutes of exercise 5x a week for 6 weeks. It can be light exercise split up throughout the day, it's really just based on what you can do. I am trying to get my Mom to do it hehe Here's a link if anybody feels like doing it http://www.presidentschallenge.org/c...ve/index.shtml

Anyways, good luck this week team!
  • Sorry I had a big gain last week

I had to take a couple of weeks away from everything. I was starting to feel real burned out. Then my hubby was on vacation last week and we didn't eat all that healthy. Plus I didn't exercise at all. Hence the big gain.

I am back on track as of yesterday. We ate healthy all day Sunday and I took my vitamins and fiber. I also got on the treadmil for 30 minutes and ran for 10 minutes of it.

I need to get back on track with the running, I have a 5k on April 2nd. I really want to run the whole thing. I can run for 5 minutes at a time now, so I should be able to accomplish being able to run 30 minutes by the 5k. That's only going to happen if I stick to it.

I promise I will have a loss come Sunday!
  • Another week wasted for me . . . plan to make this week better.

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • wow only 5 lbs lost as a team? I hate here lately I hit a new low and then go off track ... takes 5 days to get back to low. I have to get serious about this!
    Good Luck on this week for everyone!
  • Morning Blues and congrats to all the "losers"! So I had a pretty even week last week, didn't lose or gain, this week will be better. We're in for another miserable cold week in Calgary - mostly -20s, brrrrrr, so I'm going to focus on working out to keep warm. And I've decided I NEED to focus on tracking my food, so I'm making it a goal to track everyday in March. This week I don't have much on, expect for Chinese food on Saturday night, so hopefully I'll have some kind of loss.

Have a great day everyone!
  • NO MORE CHINESE FOR ME! For a while at least. I thought I did so well. No rice mostly veggies and still about 1200 calories! Ridiculous! I have got to get right this week. I swear it must be because the weight is coming off slow. I am noticing muscle (like my biceps are amazing lol and the flab underneath my arms is going away!) but the number on scale is killing me. Maybe I just need to stop weighing daily.
    Nancy: -20?!? TOO COLD for me. It got that way once this winter here and I refused to go outside.
  • Hi everyone,
    Well it's been snowing and very cold here today -24 and -36 with the windchill. So I dediced to drive to work today (I don't drive in the snow) but I thought I don't want to wait for the bus in this weather either. Now I go home in 15min and I'm starting to freak out a little. I hope the roads are okay.

Today so far very clean eating I took my vitamins (have to stop the multi) it makes me sick so I will switch brands and see if that helps. I hope to exercise as soon as I get home and then that will be done too.

Dora - great picture thanks for sharing and WTG on the not eating large quantities......not sure I would have that kind of control around cake

Cocoloco - that's a great goal of 5x 30min and I hope you enjoy the gym. It's good when you can take full advantage of the price you pay for it.

gvntofly - sometimes your body just needs a break.....your back on track now. WTG on the treadmill and good luck in your first 5k.....I would also love to do one. I need to check some of the runs out here.

MamaP- not a wasted week just a week that is behind us

PageLynn - I know it's not fair how weight comes on in 1 or 2 days then take 1 to 2 weeks to go away again. Chineese food is loaded with sodium and the daily WI would show just that. Good job on eating mostly veggies......I eat mostly deep fried

Nancy - It is super cold out I hope your staying in town tonight. Good job on breaking even.....I wish I could say the same thing. Here is to us both being more accountable with tracking. I have your dinner then the management brunch this week so I hope to break even or even lose a bit. I might WI on Sat morning this week instead of Sunday

Well time to go home have a great night everyone.
  • Well I did it 38min on the elliptical and 1 day of good eating done. Plus all my vitamins and minerals

Have a great night everyone. I'll add my jumping jacks into tomorrows push up routine
  • Hi everyone. Been sooo busy! 2 kids home sick, plus my busy little monkey toddler and my house is a wreck from us all coming and going to docs, a birthday party this weekend. Just too much so the house is awful now and I have them all here and gotta clean ALOT!!

So have a great day! I hope mine isn't too bad!

Hugsss, Selina
  • I missed wi this week due to being out of town, I was only down .2 so I probably wouldn't have helped too much anyway, TOM was visiting as well, LOL.. hopefully this week I have a nice loss to contribute. So let's keep plugging along, I can't believe we are on week 8 already! Time is flying!
  • everyone
    I'm feeling better today, but my ds is still sick. I think my daughter is coming down with the flu now too.
    I managed to do a weight workout this afternoon, and hopefully I'll be ready for a cardio workout tomorrow.

Congratulations Cape Breton Chick for being our Biggest Loser this week
    Congratulations also to Kelsey, MaryShady, and Mercy

Great goals Jacky! You can do it

Dora, that is wonderful that you were able to enjoy celebrating your daughter's birthday, without feeling cheated. Thanks for sharing the picture, your daughter looks like she had a great birthday!

Coco, that is cool that your husband joined the gym with you. Enjoy the membership!

gvntofly, good for you for getting right back on track!

Nancy, I'm also going to make it my goal to track my food intake everyday in March. I find I do so much better when I do. Yikes, -20, brrrrr. Hopefully, Spring will be there soon!

PageLynn, I love Chinese food, but like you said the calories sure add up fast. That's great that you are seeing changes in your muscles! I know it's so hard to not focus on the scale, but if you're seeing changes that's more important.

Selena, I hope your children are feeling better soon.