Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #16  

Hi everyone,
Well I've done it.....2 days clean eating done and exercise done as well. Today I did the WATP 3 mile (45 min - 6302 steps) then finished off with 50 jumping jacks and 15 pushups then 15 min of hula hooping.

Selina - I hope the kids are feeling better as for cleaning the house think of it as your workout for the day. Besides after chasing the toddler in between it will be a full cardio/strength routine.

spryng - I hope you have the loss you want on the weekend. It really is something how fast this challange has gone so far. I have so much catching up to do to get anywhere near my challange goal

Narnia - I hope you ds is better an dd doesn't catch it. WTG on still getting a weight routine in.

Well it was another chilly day today started off as -31 without the windchill this morning, snowing overnight and will finally warm up to -8 by Thursday only to get cold and snowy again Friday. Oh spring where are you.....I really don't want another 3+ weeks of winter.

It's been quite on here so far this week. I hope everything is okay with everyone. I will send a big Hello to all of you just so you know you were all thought of today

Last edited by Bigmid; 03-02-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #17  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

gvntofly - That's really cool you're going to do a 5k.. I really want to do one this year, not for a while tho lol.. and great job getting back on track!

MamaP - Look at how much you have lost already! You have almost lost 60lbs, what a great accomplishment! I don't care if it was during this challenge or not, you have proven you have what it takes to get weight off

Nancy and Bigmid - I watched this segment on the news about "shiver exercising" you go out in shorts, and it burns more calories, because your body is trying to stay warm. I bet in your area you could wear a heavy coat, and 3 pairs of pants and still be shivering.. You probably burn some good calories just checking the mail. lol

Page - it might be a nice break for yourself to not weigh daily.. some people swear by it.. I get frustrated by it personally lol

Selina - I hope things settle down a bit, and you get some "me" time.. it sounds like it's hectic over there

Narnia - It's great to hear you are feeling better.. I hope the little ones get to feeling better soon too

Bigmid - Great job on this jumping jacks, and push ups! I hope I can do that many one day. BTW My husband gets a huge discount at my gym through work, so it's only $10 a month for me... I really couldn't pass up the deal! I will definitely get my $10 worth and then some hehe

I also noticed it's pretty quiet here this week.. I hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by drinkypants; 03-02-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #18  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Bluesers,

I've been pretty sick these last few days, but I'm on the mend. Had to power through working because when you're your own boss - there's just no one else. One more day, then I can rest. However - I promised myself that once I felt better - I would begin my exercise in earnest. My goal is 30 minutes at least 3 days a week, working up to 5 days a week.

I've already met next month's mini-goal so I dropped it another 5 lbs not to make it too easy on myself. Can't wait til Spring is here either, I've got seven very special roses coming I can't wait to plant. I lose more weight in the summer too because I'm out in the yard nearly constantly. C'mon Spring!!!!!!

Narnia - you inspire me, you're so positive and encouraging to everyone

Jacky - you too inspire me - I normally do WATP and you encourage me by your reporting its what you do and you've been quite successful

Coco - you also made me look more seriously at exercise - obviously all this subliminal messaging is getting to me, to you all

To all the rest of you who remain on the team - for sticking with us, here's to one of our best weeks yet.

And for all who are feeling ill

Go blue

Dora
Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #19  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Congratulations Cape Breton Chick for being our Biggest Loser this week.
Congratulations also to Kelsey, MaryShady, and Mercy.

I try my best to get one here about once a week, but last week and weekend I should have jumped on and just let out my frustration. I gained 800g this weighin. I made cupcakes with vanilla icing, ate a whole packet of choc biscuits, had drive through all last week. I know that if I don't turn it around this week, it is gonna be harder, and I am back to square one, well not quite.

I hit some bumps in the road the last fortnight, but I went to my WW meeting, made some plans, cooked dinner twice in a row. After complaints from my son, gave him the recipe books and asked him to choose 3 recipes that we will have this week. I am about to write my shopping list and I am feeling positive again. I want to get to my 5% off goal which should have been this week's weighin. Now it will be two weeks away!!!

I want this lifestyle change to be long lasting - and yes there are going to be days where there are bumps after bump after bump. But I MUST get back on the right path, and I choose that path again today!

I am going to a tropical island in the Great Barrier Reef on 2nd April. I want to go lighter, I want to not feel anxious because the airline seat belt may not fit(it always has but I worry what if), I want to be able to do the hike to the on the island without gasping for breath, I want to take my son snorkelling to see the coral and not be embarassed about my size (ok realistic I am still gonna be huge but I will feel more confident because I am lighter than earlier in the year), I want to know what are the better choices when I eat at the buffet, I feel confident enough to resist the temptations whilst away. I want to try some new sports whilst at the resorts. I want to feel what its like to live again! I want to be 4kg lighter. I can do this!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #20  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Yes, hectic sounds mild compared with this! LOL!!! But thanks, yes, I need me time but dunno when that'll be!!

Hope you all have a great day! I'm about to go clean some more and fold more laundry.

Hugsss, Selina
Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd check in, I've been super busy so I haven't been able to get on here much. I weighed in today and have lost exactly 100lbs!! Never thought in my wildest dreams I'd ever be able to lose this much but I did it.

Hope everyone has an awesome week/weekend!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #22  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

BigMid: Wow! I work out everyday yet your description of your workout seems like a ton more lol. Maybe not but it seems like it is. I started 30 day shred 4 days ago so I just started jumping jacks daily. YUCK! Good job on working out!
Selina: Hope the kiddos are feeling better. Have fun cleaning lol.
CocoLoco: Yeah so I am still weighing daily lol. I am like addicted lol.
SO TMI ALERT: But MY D*MN TOM started today! 5 days early! I HATE IT! My hormones are still crazy from pregnancy. Last TOM lasted 2 weeks and now it came early! AND I HAD BOYFRIEND PLANS for Saturday! I know I feel like a little child throwing a temper tantrum but I had all these plans..I finally got 3 babysitters (yes it takes 3 for my 2! kids)...every thing set and now this! I realize I can still go and have a great time but darn it if I didn't want to have to think about TOM. Since I am staying overnight I will worry about everything. Sorry just had to vent lol.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #23  
Doing something for me!

Congrats KIM!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLynn View Post
Congrats KIM!
Thankyou so much!! I never in a million years thought I could ever do this but I did it and I'm going to continue on this journey
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 187/163/148

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the 100 pounds lost! Wow, that is incredible!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #26  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Wow Kimberly - Congrats!! You made it! That's truly amazing

We've had a couple of people on our team hit some major milestones during this challenge.. it's really cool to see.

That's a lot of babysitters Page lol Overnight plans, and the evil TOM monster comes early... no fair!

mumtoliam - we all have bumps for sure.. sometimes it's harder than others to get back on track, but it sounds like you are planning ahead.. so I know you can do it! You WILL be smaller for your trip! Having your son pick recipes to try sounds fun

Good luck with your plans today team
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #27  
Doing something for me!

Kim: Glad to hear you are going to continue. I saw ur post in Weight Watchers board where you were thinking about quitting.
CocoLoco: It takes 2 babysitters for the baby as my mom is unsure with the baby and her boyfriend is really good with him (he has a year old grandson so he has more recent practice than her lol). My grandma watches my 3 year old because he pretty much entertains himself and she doesn't have lift him or entertain him lol. Yes TOM is pure evil. But in hormone-whacked style it was heavy and now barely there? I just want it gone by saturday!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just thought I'd check in, I've been super busy so I haven't been able to get on here much. I weighed in today and have lost exactly 100lbs!! Never thought in my wildest dreams I'd ever be able to lose this much but I did it.

Hope everyone has an awesome week/weekend!
Hi KimberlyP! I am just popping over from the Red Team to tell you...

WOW!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

100 pounds lost?!?!?!?!?! That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Well done! I can't wait to be able to say those same words someday!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Hey team! Ive been having a rough couple of weeks. I'm working on setting up an appointment with a nutritionist. I'm sure she'll tell me to eat more veggies and less processed foods, but I'm hoping she'll be able to give me advice on how to properly nourish my body for the 1/2 marathon I'm training for. Hopefully its not a waste of money.

KIM~WOOHOO on 100lbs lost!! Your doing AWESOME keep up the hard work.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #30  

Hi everyone I was lurking earlier and forgot to post. Now I'm falling askeeps whee I sit/stand so in bed now. I will be back tomorrow for personals

Kimberly - 100 lbs that's AWESOME......WOOHOO.....WTG

Talk to you all tomorrow night night