Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Bobbi-I'd be interested in your Ranch dressing recipe...if you don't mind sharing.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #17  

Hi just wanted to pop in and say good night to everyone, Nancy just left a few minutes ago so you can see we had a good day. First went out for lunch then came back and did a 20min Zumba workout, then did a 30min full body workout on ea active 2 (where I proceded to swear at the game), then we did some cardio boxing for about 40min (which included some instruction time) then watched 3 V's that were PVR'd

I hope we burnt off some calories I won't know how accurate until Nancy plugs her go wear fit into the computer.....I just hope it's lots

Narnia - Thanks as you can see we did have fun and what we did for workouts. I do agree with you getting the workout done first thing in the morning is good but I am so lazy in the morning I can't get up any earlier so what I do is as soon as I get home from work I change and go right downstairs to workout.....if I sit on the couch (even for 1min) I will never leave it. Congrats on the 17yrs of marriage to a good husband and the great kids.

Bobbi - I don't know who won yet I haven't heard from Shan yet. She is busy and is in a whole other time zone. I'll let you know as soon as I know

Selina - I am always cold.....I was cold before but now I'm freezing, then you add in drinking water and I just want to crawl into the oven to keep warm
I hope one day this will stabilize.

PageLynn, that's some very thoughful children

dream - the compliments are somewhat to blame on my end too. I kept having people tell me I lost to much, don't go any further you will look sick your to thin......I was no where near to thin but I started to go, hay maybe I can just start maintaining or something......now 20lbs up here I start again....this time I stop when I feel better not when they think I look good. You can do this it is all about us in 2011. Take the compliment and say thanks and then go one with your day. I'll try this too. Health is a very good thing to be thankful for.

Oh I did 25 jumping jacks today instead of my 10
Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #18  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Great job again this week team!! Kimberly, amazing job!! The scale going up so close to 100lbs has got to be frustrating, but you will make it to that 100lbs, you are a huge inspiration to me! It might take an extra week due to your illness, but who knows, maybe you will hit that 100lb mark this week.

Selina, Metilda, Nancy WTG on such huge losses!!

I want to congratulate everybody who has lost any weight during this challenge!! We are doing awesome!

I am sorry to see more members go... hopefully some of them will come back and participate even if it doesn't count towards the team total. I am really thankful for this challenge, and this site.. it has helped me tremendously!

Bobbi - that's an adorable dog you have.

Dora - I really need to take a lesson from you, and learn to make more short term goals.. looking at the big picture feel so overwhelming sometimes.

Narnia - I had the same issue the last couple of weeks, trying to fit my workouts in the evening, and not doing them some nights.. so I am back to working out first thing in the morning. Then it's done! hehe

dream - I have no advise, but I have read about other people getting compliments, and then sabotaging their weight loss. It seems to happen to a lot of people.. hopefully you get some tips on how to overcome it.

Bigmid, nice job on the jumping jacks! I find those to be one of the hardest exercises for me, my weight just pulls on me.. That probably doesn't make sense lol I am glad you had a fun filled day, mixed with exercise!

For bigmids challenge, Today I am especially thankful for compliments. I was feeling pretty down about my weight loss, and how much more I have to go.. and today a cashier at the gas station I go to every couple of weeks asked me if I had lost weight, I said yes, and she said wow, you look like you lost a lot of weight, keep it up! It really made my day, and helped me not give up, and give in to pigging out.

I made a little sticky note on my computer with all the daily exercise challenges to remind myself. I really enjoy these challenges

Good luck this week team!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #19  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Blue Team,
Today I'm thankful for the sun shining on our ice coated windows. Yesterday we had rain, thunder, snow and a very bad ice storm with strong winds. Now the East side of our house and windows are so coated we can't see out. DH has to go out and snow blow the driveway again, oh, that's something else I'm thankful this morning, no snow shoveling or snow blowing for me. Hopefully the sun will melt off the ice today.
Dream...funny you should ask for the Ranch dressing recipe. I watch Dr. Oz every day and yesterday he had viewers send him their recipes for low fat and under $5.00 recipes. It gave me an idea for the Blue team chats, lets all post 1 low fat recipe to share. It doesn't have to be under $5.00, just a low fat/low calorie recipe that you use. It can be an entree, vegetable dish, snack, dips, dressings, etc. And about the Ranch dressing recipe, I get severe migraine headaches from store Ranch in the bottle or the dry mixes because they both contain MSG. (monosodium glutamate) That's why I googled homemade Ranch dressing and the recipe I found didn't taste all that great so I doctored it up. I'll dig out the recipe for you Dream and post it. But you'll need to doctor it up as it turned out very bland. I added some stevia and pure apple cider vinegar to it. I see you posted your fiber, try Fiber One cereal, it only has 60 calories and 14 grams of fiber. You'll get pass 19 grams easily.
Quote:
Bobbi-I'd be interested in your Ranch dressing recipe...if you don't mind sharing.
Jacky...you make me tired just reading about all your vigorous exercises.......whew! Have you had any return folks or offers on your house yet? One good thing about having your house for sale, you'll always put things back where they belong when you have to have it spotless for viewings. Not sure what episodes of V is?
Narnia...I think many of us fall into that catagory of doing exercise right away or not at all. Me too!
Quote:
I am determined to have a much better week. I think the key for me is to get my exercise done first thing in the morning. Lately, I have been trying to fit it in later in the day/night and then I either don't have the time, or I don't feel like working out
Thanks for all the compliments on our dog Charlie, he's so sweet natured.
Kimberly, I'm rooting for you to hit the 100 pound mark. What's the one key to your successful weight loss?
Coco...I think sometimes people that have struggled so long to loss the weight think they deserve to have a little treat. Then thinking I already blew my diets, what's one more. Then before they know it, they are on a binge.....all the time thinking I'll start fresh in the morning. Been there, done that!
Page...how old is your baby? Glad you can find time to exercise, you have to take care of yourself too.
Quote:
I have no advise, but I have read about other people getting compliments, and then sabotaging their weight loss. It seems to happen to a lot of people.. hopefully you get some tips on how to overcome it.
Selina...I smile every time I see your pretty picture. A couple of years ago I was up to 169 pounds and I was never cold. Now I freeze to death all the time unless I layer my clothes. I always wear a long sleeve turtleneck under my sweatshirts or tops. DH keeps the house a 68 degrees too, love sleeping in that coolness but I get cold when I'm sitting at my computer or doing nothing. Brrrrrrrrrr!
I'm going to go look for that recipe for Ranch dressing now, be back later.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #20  
Bobbi

Dream...I couldn't find that Ranch dressing recipe, it was probably tossed. If I print out a recipe, try it and don't like it........I toss the recipe. I found this one on Cooks.Com that sounds good. I haven't tried this one yet and it would be more calories with the cottage cheese in it than the one I used. I don't see any vinegar in it either, I like vinegar in my dressings to add some bite to it. I'd probably have to doctor this one up too. If anyone tries this, let me know.

Quote:
LOW-CALORIE RANCH DRESSING
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 c. buttermilk
1 c. lowfat cottage cheese
1 (1 inch) piece onion
1/2 clove garlic
2 sprigs fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 packet artificial sweetener
2 peppercorns

Put all ingredients into blender. Cover and process on high until smooth. Chill 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 cups.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-22-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #21  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Yummy, that looks good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Yeah, I never thought I'd be colder than I already was in winters. But after I lost, I have been! I wonder if this means that in hottt summers I won't get as hot as usual?? Dunno.

Well gonna go get work done. I did 20 mins on tmill last night! Yay!

Feeling better already from just a few mins a day. Weird how that works.

Ok, hugs!

Selina
Old 02-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #22  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Bobbi: My baby is 4 months old. I also have a 3 year old.
Bigmid: They are great kids. Sometimes I want to give them away but I love them lol.

I am thankful that I don't have my mom's bladder disease...yet! I am starting to develop symptoms but hoping it won't get any worse.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning Blues. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Jacky and I had fun working out yesterday, we tried Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the 1st time and it was really good. This week hopefully I can get back down to 187 again!

And I'm thankful for having supportive family and friends. My parents and I decided to lose weight at the same time and I don't know if I could have come this far without their support.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #24  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Thought I'd check in and say hello. Hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #25  

Hi I forgot to come on earlier and post

Today I was thankful that I got off the couch and onto the elliptical for 33min, hula hopped for 20min, and did 20 pushup for the daily challange.

Coco - I do know what you mean about the jumping jacks pulling....but they do get easier. I have a couple different DVD's that make you do them. The first week it is so hard and then all of a sudden your doing all of them without much thought. The one has you doing about 150 each workout.
Complements are great aren't they such a good motivator.

Bobbi - no offers on the house yet but we have another viewing booked for tomorrow.....fingers crossed....thanks for asking. I can't post a low fat recipe as I don't actually do much cooking anymore. I did get in lots of fibre today though. V is a tv show about aliens coming to earth this is the second season. Not a bad show.

Selina - working out even in small amounts can really make a difference. I have noticed this on myself again as I'm just getting back into from Dec

Pagelynn - I hope you symptoms don't turn into anything bad and that they go away all together.

Nancy - you really do have a wonderful family.....and of course we all know you have great friendsLOL

MamaP - hello hope you doing well

Hello to the rest of the blue team hope everyone had a great day.

Not sure if I'll post much tomorrow, our head office is coming for a store visit then we have a work team rally in the evening so I may not get on. I'll try to do a quick post at lunch.

Excuse any weird words or spelling as I typed this on the phone and didn't really read it back
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #26  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Hey blue team! Does anybody have any specific goals for this week? My goal is to lose 2.5lbs this week. Which means I need to kick up my exercise a notch!

I am really lucky/thankful for my husband, he has always been supportive no matter what my weight, and I know that is not always the case in many relationships.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #27  
Bobbi

I'm thankful that February is almost over and spring is around the corner. DH has already received our garden seeds for spring planting.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #28  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

I love Spring too! Yay!

I did 12 mins on tmill yesterday and at least 3 mins doing arm toners so I got my 15 mins in. LOL. Barely. But if I am doing 15 mins a day (some days I get 20 in) then at least I'm forming the habit again. And when I have time for more I do.

Overall I'm doing ok. I changed my goal weight to 162 so I guess I may not be in the next challenge with you guys. I will miss it here! I am just too saggy and to go down more will make it worse and I can barely pass with sleeveless tops now. Toning like crazy but a body can only do so much without surgery and trying to avoid that. So we'll see but I think 162 will be it. Weird. Never thought I'd be able to stop worrying about losing.. It's quite surreal. I feel bloated today and haven't weighed. I hope to lose one lb a week from here on out. Surely I can do that???

Ok, love you girlies! Keep up the good work and have a great Hump Day!!!

Selina
Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #29  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

I am thankful for a new guy I am dating and my best guy friend reminding me I am worth someone's affection no matter what size and just in general. My ex did a great job of tearing me down. It's nice to have 2 great guys building me back up lol.

Selina: What was your goal before? I can't even imagine what it will be like once I get to goal. I never make it. Mostly because both times I got serious about it I got pregnant 2 months in lol.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #30  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Oh yeah and I'm gonna watch The Biggest Loser from last night I recorded and try to do 15 at least on tmill while Meadow takes her nap. Once she is asleep I will make a run for it!

She keeps wanting to climb on when I'm on it so I have to think ahead!

I'm excited about this summer. Buying some clothes will be nice knowing I won't be yo yoing as I usually do. And hopefully these clothes are just my new wardrobe because I think I've learned to maintain because I do maintain when I'm not trying to lose. I used to gain everytime I stopped counting every calorie. Now I think I know almost all calories of things I eat so I kinda calculate as I go and stay in a range that works. So I'm really grateful it's gotten so much easier over time. :

Well, ok, I have some work to do before her nap. This TBL looked good on the previews.. think it said someone threw the weigh in?? Geez. If I was there, I'd just try to lose as much as I could every week and if I went home because I was a threat or whatever, then that's how it went. I'd work for the at home player prize then. Some people.... Grrr.

Page, just saw your post, so edited this one! I was going to go into the 150s.. wasn't sure. I had only gotten down to 178 for a few weeks in 1996. Had been over 200 since Junior High so had never been this low as an adult. But my hips and ribs are pretty big around even tho I'm 5'4"... Just think I'd look weird plus after being heavy since I was 5 years old and having a family history of not-so-elastic skin type, I just see it's not looking good to go lower.

So I will stop at 115 lbs off. Not too bad. I remember how I felt at 277. Never going back there again. Was hard to tie my shoes, hard to do stairs, to run, to carry in 40 bags of groceries from the car to the kitchen here, just little things but I remember. It's worth all the trials we go thru to keep losing. Never ever give up. Just keep starting over. Keep setting realistic goals. Losing half a lb a week is way better than none or gaining! Then if you do lose more then good! But at least you feel accomplished. Who said you hafta lose it fast? Do it the way YOU need to do it. Whatever helps you.. eat late at night if that is when you are hungry. Just count cals in a 24 hr period. You may think Susan Powter is crazy but read her book Stop the Insanity.. it taught me so much. She said doing something helps, move some every day, eat healthier but eat as much of it as u want, like grains and veggies.. get full.. because when you are hungry, you start craving more.. She is kinda out there, but her books helped me alot before and had alot to do with my losing weight. Hugsssss. I wish you and all the Bluezers and even Red Teamers the bestttt 2011 you can have. I hope everyone at least keeps losing SOMETHING. That was always important for me and my friends. We need to lose even .2 lbs a week.. a fifth of one lb. That's Something so you have to respect that!

Selina

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 02-23-2011 at 11:33 AM.