Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #31  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Wow I hope you feel better soon Kim! No fun to be sick.

Hiya to Bobbolink, Nancy, MamaP, Doragone, Dream, Sandlll, Page, Transporter, Spryng (love ur name, my daughter's are Emily and Meadow), Bigmid, Kelsey, Rainbow, CapeBreton, and alllllll the Bluezers here!!!

Hope you all have a great week this week. I'm hoping to be down 2 lbs at least. We will see!! I'm watching my Cal intake because I was slacking and having a cup of Blue Bell every day, which was creeeping up my cals and fat. Not good.

I'm better now.. got me some blackberries and cucumbers and mandarin orange slices... soooooo good. Love those.

Well, I'm off to get some work done. Hugssss

Selina

Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #32  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

How many grams of fiber are you all eating?

How Fiber Helps You Lose Weight
Populations that eat greater amounts of fiber-rich foods are generally healthier. While all of the reasons for this are not known, it may be because the fiber-rich foods themselves are healthier. Perhaps fiber's greatest value, however, is in helping to keep us slim.
Fiber makes us feel full sooner and stays in our stomach longer than other substances we eat, slowing down our rate of digestion and keeping us feeling full longer.
Meat and dairy products contain no fiber, and refined grains have had most of their fiber removed. To increase your intake of fiber, eat more whole and natural foods, and fewer processed foods. Some good examples of fiber-rich foods include:
•Legumes (lentils, dry beans and peas)
•Other vegetables
•Fruits
•Brown rice
•Whole grains (wheat, oats, barley)

Adding more fiber to your diet will likely help you lose weight and improve your health, but do it gradually. Rapid increases in consumption of fiber may result in gas or diarrhea.
And be sure to drink plenty of fluids when adding fiber to your diet. While fiber is normally helpful to your digestive system, without adequate fluids it can cause constipation instead of helping to eliminate it.
Tips & Warnings
*Drink water to help your body process the fiber
*Keep track of your intake with TheDailyPlate.com or Fitday
*Ease this into your diet. If you're not used to eating a lot of it, *this change can give you some stomach issues. Increase about 5 grams a week until you're up to your goal.
*Be prepared for different bathroom habits.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #33  
Bobbi

This is what we should be eating daily. If a new challenge would include upping our fiber by eating more fruits and vegetables, I think we'd all benefit.

Quote:
Most Americans don’t get enough fiber in their diets. The recommended intake is between 20 and 38 grams of total fiber per day, depending on your age and gender, with 25 grams being a realistic goal for most people. This is about the same amount of fiber that is found in five servings of either fruits or vegetables and one or two servings of either whole grains or beans. Unfortunately, the average American consumes a mere 14 grams — and many eat even less
Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon all! I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day. I had a lovely late present. My German Shephard Dog had her puppies early this morning. She was in labor all day yesterday and hoped they would be born on the 14th. But no, she waited to have the first puppy at 4:50 am on the 15th and the 8th puppy at 8:36 this morning. I am exhausted so no workout today! I dont think I will get very much sleep for the next few weeks. It is as bad as having a newborn baby!!! But they are so beautiful.

I hope everyone has a great week.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #35  

Hi everyone,

Bobbi a fibre challenge sounds good we should keep it up for the rest of the month
To add to that let's have a mini exercise challenge every day
today do 10 pushups
Wed- add 10 sit-up

Thur - do 10 squats
Fri - add 10 lunges

Sat - do 10 bicept curls and 10 triceps

Sun combine to do all the exercises.

Well have to get back to work I'll post my results later
Old 02-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Great job this week Blue Team! Just don't get too comfy at the top! The Red Team is hot on your trail!

Looking forward to seeing how we all do for Week 6!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #37  
Bobbi

I think this is a good plan Jacky, do you mean to do these in addition to our regular exercise?
Average of 25 grams of fiber daily (work up to it)
Monday: ?
Tuesday: 10 push-ups
Wednesday: 10 sit ups
Thursday: 10 Squats
Friday: 10 Lunges
Saturday: 10 bicept and 10 tricep curls
Sunday: Combination

Quote:
Bobbi a fibre challenge sounds good we should keep it up for the rest of the month
To add to that let's have a mini exercise challenge every day
today do 10 pushups
Wed- add 10 sit-up

Thur - do 10 squats
Fri - add 10 lunges

Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #38  

Hi Bobbi yes this would be in addition to your regular workout.

So I did 20 pushups
Tomorrow I will do the pushups and add the sit-ups
Thur I will do the squats and Friday I will do the squats then add the lunges
Sat the 2 arm workouts then Sunday all the exercises combined. I will also add any regular workouts to that. I need to try out my Zumba again.

I drank 96oz of water and made it to 9300 steps. No other real exercise today.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Great job team winning the week

I like the idea of tracking our fibre and the extra exercise challenge. I'm too lazy to log back into the daily plate to see how much fibre I ate, but I will pay attention to tomorrow's number. I worked my chest today, so the push-up challenge fitted in nicely. So, 56 push-ups from the workouts I used.

Glenda - How exciting 8 puppies! I bet they are so cute.

Kimberly - glad you got some medications that will help you feel better.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #40  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

OK, I did 10 pushups tonight, but I only got 13 grams of fiber. I ate whole grains, but not enough vegetables. Tomorrow, I'll do better. Great challenge!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #41  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Tues do 10 pushups
Wed- add 10 sit-up

Thur - do 10 squats
Fri - add 10 lunges

Thanks for doing this Jackie,exactly what I need right now.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #42  
Bobbi

Good Morning Blue Team,
Reji...check out the Fiber One cereals, the original has only 60 calories per serving and 14 grams of fiber. One bowl puts you over 1/2 the way to working up to 25 grams. I personally eat 40 grams a day + lots of water and I'm never hungry.
Quote:
OK, I did 10 pushups tonight, but I only got 13 grams of fiber. I ate whole grains, but not enough vegetables. Tomorrow, I'll do better. Great challenge!
We still need to fill in Monday's mini challenge Jacky. What type of exercise? Anybody else have a suggestion? As soon as we fill in Monday's spot, I'm going to print this out and post it on my frig to remind me to do the exercises.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-16-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #43  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Hello Bluezers!

Just saying hi.. have a great mid week!

Hugs, Selina
Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #44  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

WTG on winning the challenge this week team! Congrats Kelsey on being our biggest loser!

Thanks for your encouragement Rainbow, peanutt, and Courtney! WTG on the Red Team losing the most pounds too!

mumtoliam - Awesome job on your loss so far, and congratulations for sticking to your plan while dealing with so much stress.

MamaP - great job losing 3lbs last week.. way to get back on track!

Kimberly - and great job on almost losing 100lbs, you're so close!

Selina - Awesome job on swapping the ice cream for some fruit, and veggies.. You can lose those 2lbs for sure!

Bobbi - Keeping track of fiber is a great idea.. I've been adding more to my diet by eating flaxmeal, but I will try keeping track to see how on/off target I am for the recommended amount.

mommy2-newpuppies! Congrats on the newborns!

Bigmid - the mini exercise challenge is a great idea, thanks for suggesting it! I have a shoulder injury, so I am going to come up with another exercise for the pushups, but I will definitely do these!

Good luck this week team, we can do it!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #45  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Hey Guys! I hope everyone is doing well!
I finally figured things out I think. I have the scale is moving down! Already down to 193.4!
I will have to try to add in the mini challenges. My fiber intake is anywhere from 15 to 30 grams on any given day. I will have to try to keep it more consistent.