Old 01-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 2 (1/17-1/23)

Continue on to week 2. Don't forget to weigh in. Watch for results to be posted in the next day or two.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default All Caught Up!

Hey teamies!

I thought I would sneak in and get my weeks indiscretions posted at the rear end of the week one thread.... I missed it by moments

So I will confess here - purge the poison- and start fresh! I smoked ALL WEEKEND. I ate like a mad woman. Seriously no control AND even believe I told my willpower to shut up (out loud) as I ate Lucky Charms at 11:30 last night. I am over it and can't wait for the sun to rise tomorrow on my fresh start! No smoking, and back to the food plan I know works for me.

Looks like you ladies have been busy and working hard! Rainbow may have actually earned virtual pompoms and a megaphone for our team! Love it!

Gonna go back and check out the c25k link. I think I will join the ranks of the chicks gettin off the couch and get my body moving. I have decided to focus on a week at a time rather than plan out my weight loss on a spread sheet into 2012 . Works much better to actually move - although I do adore my spreadsheets. Have already posted my weight, set up last chance and food journal posts!

So here's to kicking off a fresh week, with reborn enthusiasm and a desire to succeed! More rock and less rolls ladies! Here we go!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/226/145

Height: 5'9

This week will be challenging as I will be a single mom. Hubby is going out of town and I have a full week with kids sports and workouts. I just went grocery shopping and have myself set up for success with fresh choices already to go in baggies. Good luck this week Red Team!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #4  
MeTime

Each Sunday night when new threads for the next week are posted, the previous week's threads are closed by the team leader. Please continue your chats into this thread for week 2.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #5  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Red Team!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the results from week 1. I think we did great!

Kris: A big part of changing our habits is acknowledging what needs to be changed. Sounds like you've got a good plan moving forward. Good luck and keep us posted on how your week goes!

Wendy: Great job getting yourself setup for success this week!

I went to the running store this afternoon and picked up a total face shield to be able to walk/jog even in this crummy winter weather. Now, if people would just get out and shovel their walks after the weekend snow then I should be able to get back to my jogs.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #6  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Hey girls! I hope you all had a great week last week.

I got really sick two nights ago, involving a lot of throwing up and junk. It SUCKED. I'm still afraid to eat and I have practically no appetite. I've been drinking a lot of orange juice, but that's about it. I had subway yesterday, and a tiiiiny amount of chinese food today. I really really just do NOT want to eat.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #7  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all

Looks like some great weigh ins so far -- way to go red team!

Nixmom -- Don't beat yourself up. Congrats on making a fresh start tomorrow!

Wendychik -- Good luck single-mom'ing it this week. I like to get some meal prep done in advance too when I'm on my own.

Peanutt -- Sounds like you are committed to running -- kudos to you!

Wild V - Hope you feel better soon! Chinese food when your tummy upset is brave!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #8  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Looks like you ladies have been busy and working hard! Rainbow may have actually earned virtual pompoms and a megaphone for our team! Love it!
Darn...I have no virtual pompoms or megaphones...would a badge do?

Seriously, honey...we love all the positive vibes and encouragement! Keep doing what you do...and thank you so much from all of us!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Everyone did so well with week 1! I am so proud of every single person on this team! GO RED TEAM!!!!!

Now, on to Week 2. Remember from the show that Week 2 is always a tough one for the contestants. I am sure it will not be an easy week for us either. So everyone stick with your plan, get in that exercise, and let's keep dropping those pounds!!!!!

This one's definitely going to be a challenge for me. My husband is closing three nights this week. And since we're down to one car for now, that means no gym since I'll have to pick up our daughter from day care. I'll have to get in my exercise at home this week! Walk Away The Pounds DVD and Wii, here I come!!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #10  
MeTime

We had 11+ freebies used this week. Please don't forget to weigh in before Sunday nights at 10pm AST. If you don't know the time zone, google it or post your weight before Sundays.

After the team leader has edited your post using a freebie, you cannot change it. Thanks. This keeps everyone on both teams following the same rules.

Good job red team for all of your losses. Results will come soon.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #11  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default I found it again .

Shan, thanks for the info I think I did it right as when I double checked it the new numbers were there . . . so I guess you are like the house mother, trying to keep all the chick-a-dees on the right path . . .

I can't wait to see the numbers . . . I think we did really well, I peeked at the Blue team's numbers and they seemed to do pretty well, BUT I think we did better . . .

We don't eliminate anyone, Do we???

and now I know we start a new chat thread each week and we just edit and save our new weight . . . hmmmmmmmm so much to learn and so much FUN

CONGRATULATIONS to all those who lost and hang in there to all the others . . . this is a NEW week . . . time to get ourselves in gear

to everyone
Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #12  

Hi Red Team,
Like so many of you I have have fallen to temptation this weekend, I ate 2 donuts this morning. I have to admit to a terrible weakness when it comes to baked goods. I have to bake brownies for tomorrow, and I'm waiting till the last minute. They are for a funeral from Church and I said I would bring something. I will get them out of the house first thing in the morning.

Nixmom- While I don't smoke I am addicted to diet pop and am giving it up again tomorrow so we can be support for eachother.

Wendychic- good luck witht he single parenthood this week.

Wild Vulpix- I hope you are feeling better soon.

Everyone else, have a great week, I plan on getting the eliptical moving this week along with quitting the pop this week.
Bette K
Old 01-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hey all! It looks like there were some pretty nice losses this week. I've stayed within 213 lbs (+/- half a pound) for the past week. Bummer. I think it's a combination of TOM and water weight, so I'm excited to see what the scale says tomorrow. I was supposed to go for a run this afternoon but instead subbed in goal for a friend's indoor soccer game. I didn't burn nearly as many calories as I would've liked but at least I did something.

And then we headed to the bar for some drinks and cupcakes as a somewhat informal going away party for a teammate. I was super proud of myself because I didn't have any cupcakes and not a single beer. I just sat with my water bottle (it was right after the game so it didn't look weird) and ignored the 12 cupcakes that had been placed right in front of me. I gotta say, I chose my seat poorly.

I really did want to grab a beer with the soccer gals but since it takes about three days for my weight to stabilize after boozing, I didn't want to have to wait that long to see how much I've lost this past week. I've been all wonky since Wednesday because of TOM and then a birthday party on Friday so I'm getting a bit impatient. I want to know the number!

Turning down the cupcakes was a somewhat non-issue because I don't really like them in the first place. The struggle is listening to the voice that says that and ignoring the desire to eat flour and sugar (a great combination, I must say, but horrible for so many reasons). And I finally did it. That's been my problem this time around. But I'm back to the point where I realize that one cupcake is not worth it at all. Yay progress!

wendychic - Wow, you seem very prepared and determined to make this week go smoothly. You got it, girl!

Nixmom - I'm all about spreadsheets as well! I have my exercise tentatively planned out until June. Not specific workouts, but days I will be doing particular things, like run this day and swim another day. I did give myself a lot of flexibility so it pretty much changes every week, but it's nice to see what I need to do and when, especially since I have a couple of specific goals I'd like to meet fitness-wise and I know for sure now when I can afford to give myself a rest day and when I REALLY need to push myself out the door because there's not room to make it up later.

As for C25K, it seems like we have a bunch of C25Kers in this group! I just restarted a similar program but with a slightly longer distance so I may be joining your ranks of runners soon. Which link are you talking about?

peanutt - Running in Alberta? In the winter? You're brave. I'm thinking of investing in a face shield as well once I eventually get to longer jogs because I'm beginning to feel my face slowly freeze after 30 minutes outside. Not pleasant. And I hear you about those sidewalks! It's so much harder and scarier, especially once it all ices over. By that point my walk/job turns into an obstacle course/balance beam exercise. Stay warm and safe!

Wild Vulpix - Yikes, that sounds miserable I really hope you're feeling better because that cannot be pleasant.

CourtneyDaisey - Thanks for the words of encouragement for the team! And the pompoms!

Bette k - Those brownies are deadly. And their delicious smell fills up the house with sweetness. Ahh...I can taste them now. Ok, enough of that. Stay strong!

-Kasia
Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #14  
MeTime

The following people used their first freebie this week:

Terapet
ErinJo04
Fluffydivah29
donnakayee
MonteCristo
MsVegan00
HotChildInTheCity
kittycarlson
tinabinab
NBaxter2512
GreenTeaYum
KoriHallelujah

Results will be posted by the blue team leader in a sticky thread after both teams totals are finished.

I'm going to try to do more personals this week. With everything going on right now its going to be rough, but I do want you to know I support all of you and I'm here to cheer you on too.

Today I'm heading to the dentist for a possible root canal which will effect what I eat for this week. I'm going to make sure I get more exercise in this week no matter what. I haven't been wearing my BodyMedia Fit because it scratched/burned my skin (which has never happened before), but the skin is still not healed enough for me to start wearing it again.

Anyways, good luck for week 2 red team!!! GO YOU!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #15  
MeTime

Well, we still have to wait to hear from the blue team, but here are our results for week one.

GO RED

Total lbs and percentage lost: -137.19lbs, -1.11%

Biggest Loser:
Sindaena, -7.6lbs, -4.56%

Honorable Mentions:
BeautyandtheBeast, -7.4lbs, -4.54%
IceQueen, -11lbs, -4.12%
Jaytee, -9lbs, -4.01%

Some very impressive numbers from some other people as well so special recognition to chickadee dee dee, and Desidoo. Way to go everyone!!!

Last edited by shan84; 01-16-2011 at 11:12 PM.