3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 2 (1/17-1/23) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/222630-red-team-nyny-2011-chat-thread-week-2-1-17-1-23-a.html)

TERAPET 01-18-2011 09:49 PM

Today was another decent day for me. That makes two in a row. I even went to an extra class at the Y tonight.

There is lots of enthusiasm here. Awesome. Keep it up everybody. I know I want to be part of your winning week.

CourtneyDaisey 01-18-2011 10:24 PM

BlueEyes65 - I watch TBL too. Wow, tonight was insane! I posted about it in the thread here.

I have to fess up. Today sucked really bad for me. It started out just fine, but I got super crazy hungry. By the time lunchtime arrived I thought my stomach was going to eat itself. When I went to the bank for lunch, I stopped by Arby's. Definitely NOT on my plan. It was fried and not vegan at all. Dinner was also not vegan. I am annoyed with myself. And on top of it all, while watching "The Biggest Loser" tonight I ate a brownie and drank a black cherry coke! :eek:

I really, really, REALLY need to get my head in the game AND my snacking and cravings for bad stuff under control. :( Sorry I blew it today team. Tomorrow is another day.

rainbowsmiles 01-18-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERAPET (Post 3661592)
Today was another decent day for me. That makes two in a row. I even went to an extra class at the Y tonight.

There is lots of enthusiasm here. Awesome. Keep it up everybody. I know I want to be part of your winning week.

hey terapet.....lets make it a 3 day in a row :) whooooop whooooop!!!
so proud u went to an extra class!!! you are really rockin this week!!!

ThinningVegan 01-19-2011 01:40 AM

So great to hear you are doing well. Everyone keep their focus and make each day count!

I turned down Mcdonalds today so I am pretty happy about that. I just finished working out even though I didn't want to so that's a bonus too!

TBL was insane tonight. I can't wait for next week. I'm off to shower and make a smoothie. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

chickadee dee dee 01-19-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey (Post 3661657)
I really, really, REALLY need to get my head in the game AND my snacking and cravings for bad stuff under control. :( Sorry I blew it today team. Tomorrow is another day.

Don't beat yourself up too much, it happens to everyone. Like you said, tomorrow's another day! It's not about slipping up every once in awhile, it's about getting back on the horse afterward. You can do it! :carrot:

Last 2 days have been on plan for me as well. A sales rep brought us cookies at work yesterday, and I didn't have any. I didn't even look at them. So I'm very proud of myself for that. Sweets/chocolate tends to be my downfall. Today's going to be a pretty busy day. I'm on day 2 of week 3 for the couch2 5k as well. Day 1 kicked my butt, but I made it through. Hopefully tonight it will be a little easier!

Hope everyone has a wonderful (and on plan) day! :)

MadamButterfly 01-19-2011 11:22 AM

Half way through the week

Hi everyone,

We are halfway through the week . . . we can make it

Terapet . . . I saw your post on the exercise thread . . . you are rockin it out girl

Courtney . . . life has it's ups and downs, so yesterday was not an up. start fresh today and bring it . . . you can't change yesterday so begin from where you're at and rock it out . . . I know you can do it!!!

Skinnycow - did you get a new scale???

Rainbow - like you said champions don't make excuses . . . so lets all be champions . . . and have a dance PARTY!! I'm ready for the slide!

laviebo - TWISTER, I haven't done that for years . . . yes activities are FUN!!! keep it up!!

Yweight - I hate that too, people where I work don't take responsibility for anything either, DRIVES ME NUTS!!! :rolleyes:

CharlieJune: it is a good visual isn't it (32 sticks of butter) That is a lotta BUTTER!! keep is melting away!!

Rated: Did you get to the gym? Just keep moving, I know YOU CAN DO IT!!

Blueeyes: if you find a good recipe, let me know. I don't look at the recipes anymore because I want to cook ALL of them . . . then there is WAY too much food around, but I am looking for a good soup recipe for the cold that is heading my way.

Everyone have a GREAT day. 4 days to weigh in . . . it's not too late to kick it in gear and MELT SOME BUTTER AWAY!!

CourtneyDaisey 01-19-2011 12:00 PM

Thanks MadamButterfly and chickadee! :) Sometimes it really helps me to hear those encouraging words. I am doing well today so far!

Bette k 01-19-2011 12:01 PM

Hi Red Team,
Iowa is about to enter the deep freeze this week, I just looked at the thermometer and it was 10 degreesF, and it's supposed to get well below zero most of the rest of the week. I know for some of you that's shorts weather, but I really can't stand the cold, it causes physical pain if I get too cold. I'm hoping this doesn't last very long. I just want to curl up and hybernate until it gets warm out.

Bette - I'm in! I smoked 5 today. I have to knock this crap off. I feel like I wake up having a pity party in the morning about having to be the first one up and out. I almost think I use it to procrastinate. So tomorrow morning - Tuesday - I'm in. WE HAVE TO CHECK IN THOUGH AND LOOK FOR EACH OTHERS POSTS! DEAL?

Quote:
Nixmom-Keep up the good work, I've been drinking pop, but today I run out and will switch to hot tea.

chickadee dee dee- Thanks for the good advise and reminder, I tend ot be too hard on myself and give up because I can't always be perfect so why try. You gave me something to hold on to.

Everyone else hang in there, it's a long slow trip so enjoy the ride and don't go in reverse. Have a great week!

Bette K

Bette k 01-19-2011 12:03 PM

I almost forgot, Prevention magazine is having a contest, the prize is a home gym, if you want to enter go to the prevention web site and find the contest, you can enter once a day during January. I get reminders on facebook.

MonteCristo 01-19-2011 01:47 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much...January has been a doozy. This is our extremely busy time at work (I hate overtime on salary, totally sucks!), our winter Bible study, and I'm moving out on my own! Except for Zumba & yoga twice a week I don't have time for any exercise...I'm going to have to focus harder on the food I guess!

rainbowsmiles 01-19-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteCristo (Post 3662909)
Sorry I haven't been around much...January has been a doozy. This is our extremely busy time at work (I hate overtime on salary, totally sucks!), our winter Bible study, and I'm moving out on my own! Except for Zumba & yoga twice a week I don't have time for any exercise...I'm going to have to focus harder on the food I guess!

yeah,.....but YOU AREN'T GIVING UP!! SO WAY TO GO!!! its a hectic time...just remember that anything you do to treat yourself better is your own personal reward!!! HUG YOURSELF FOR POSTING TODAY!! YOU'RE AWESOME!!

JayTee 01-19-2011 02:59 PM

Rainbowsmiles posted a great quote from Biggest Loser last night, "Champions don't make excuses!" There were a few more great lines from the show last night that kept me going today:

Everybody has a fighter inside them...PUSH!

Don't think...DO!

Who's going to step up to the plate this week?!?! WHO???

It's gut check time!

Make it a battle to make yourself better!

Give it your best everyday, give 100% everyday. Your team needs you!

So, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK LADIES!!! MOVE THAT BUS! MELT THAT BUTTER!

MrsVegan00 01-19-2011 03:02 PM

I completely forgot about my weigh in! I can't believe it I've had so much stuff going on I'm sorry team!! I get off maternity leave on Sunday and I'm so stressed about work and figure my life out. Anyways I'm sorry I'll be here to weigh in on Sunday:)

Hungry4AChange 01-19-2011 03:33 PM

Just popping in to say great job everyone and that I am doing my part on this end...I have been doing well with exercise and am slowly getting better at being more disciplined with my diet. My car wouldn't start yesterday...so I took that as a sign that I should be riding my bike...so I rode my bike to the chiropractor this morning...and then back home...I live in a very hilly city so I had a few hills that I walked up...Here's to week two being better than week one!

ronan 01-19-2011 04:45 PM

Wow, what a supportive group! My goal is to lose 8 lbs by the time I go to Hawaii on the 31st. More than 1/2 way there! Keep up the good work ladies.