Old 07-19-2010, 01:45 AM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team Chat Thread Week 8 (7/19-7/25)

Have a good week ladies. Let's get started.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #2  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I am going to New Orleans for vacation! I've never been and am wondering what my week will be like, diet wise. I am a strict vegetarian (no eggs, no milk) and I haven't had any alcohol in months and I am very dedicated to my way of eating for health so I don't exactly feel drawn by the usual temptations with traveling to a city known for rich food and overindulging!

I know I'll get lots of walking in and am researching options for healthy food. Wish me luck and if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

Have a great, on plan week!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

oh i was so busy yesterday arranging things in the house that i totally forgot abt the weigh in ..............so i cant have another freebie again...............
shan is there a way to earn freebies like it was in some of previous challenges?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #4  
MeTime

Rosetta- Sorry, everyone is only allowed two freebies. If anyone uses two freebies, regardless the reason, and then they don't weigh in a third time then they are elminated from the challenge.

Good luck Passionista on your vacation! Today starts 3 weeks of on going back to back challenge of travel for me. I'm going from Denver, to Phoenix, to Tucson, to Albuquerque, to Durango, to Phoenix, to Austin/Waco, and then finally back to Phoenix.

Have a good on plan week ladies!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Shan-that is a lot of travelling! R u visiting relatives or sightseeing?

Passionista-Lucky girl! Everyone l know has loves New Orleans, especially the food. I personally have not been there but it is high on my someday list.

Today was an on plan eating day for a change! I missed my Y classes due to some work done on the house but I did manage to get up there later and get in 30 minutes on the treadmill.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #6  
MeTime

Terapet- Traveling in Colorado is for mom's work, I'm just along for the ride and sightseeing and good times. Tucson is for relatives and Texas is for relatives as well. Good job on having an on plan eating day!

Well ladies, I ordered my go wear fit yesterday so I'm hoping by the time I return to Phoenix it is there waiting for me. The hotel here in downtown Denver has a gym so as soon as I finish writing this I am going to go check it out. Hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to dance away to the gym now.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #7  

shan-You sound happy. I have rode my bike to the gym but never danced to the gym. Cute and resourceful! Have fun in Denver.

My weight seems to be moving down this week so I have to be good so it will stay there. My goal again for the day is to stay on plan! My self described discipline scale of reference is HIGH today.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!
I didnt' miss weigh-in (I had to set 2 alarms on my phone) YAY. I am all moved into my new apartment in East TN, but not unpacked. My weight is good, the 15 hour drive was horrid, but no undoable damage. My apartment building has a gym and pool and I LOVE IT! Well I am headed off to the grocery store to buy some OP foods, so I can start packing my lunches for school NEXT WEEK! Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #9  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Afternoon all! Sorry to MIA the last few weeks. It has been crazy busy at work and now I'm in full prep mode for my upcoming vacation. Yay! I've been pretty much just maintaining since I switched off my WW online membership to start using the BodyBugg program. I'm getting used to it - the little device definitely encourages me to move more, but I am not a fan of the food logging app. I probably need to switch back to FitDay or something like it and just log the total calories into the BB site. Will probably not give too much thought to this til after vacation though - I'll be at sea soon and won't be logging that week anyway.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good summer and really hope you're enjoying your time in the states Shan!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you are having a good time shan enjoy it while you can

tinabinab are you taking a cruise - just guessing since you said out to sea if so where are you going?

I was going to ask what bodybugg is but I could probably look it up online and answer my own question

I have so far been staying OP food wise still not exercising much but it has been so hot and humid don't even want to walk outside to my car let alone go for a walk or anything

Well I suppose I should get off here and get ready for bed have a great
Wednesday
Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #11  
MeTime

Hope everyone is having a good week. Staying on plan with diet and exercise here in Denver. The gym at the hotel isn't great, but it's alright.

Tina- How long have you been using the Bodybugg? I just ordered my go wear fit and its similar to the bodybugg (same company) except that it also counts your calories burned in your sleep.

Chopper- I hear you about the heat. I'm not looking forward to returning to Phoenix for the weekend. Did you ever think about using a walking inside dvd from Leslie Sansone? If you don't want to purchase one, you can go to youtube.com and search her walk away the pounds video. There is a 30 minute ab video on there broken into three parts. I used to do this in Korea before I joined the gym. Just an idea.

Terapet- How are you doing with staying on plan? Glad your weight is dropping for you. I have no clue what mine is doing and its driving me crazy. Usually I weigh every morning but only count it official once a week, but since I'm traveling so much right now I have no scale. Its making me a little scared to be honest.

Passionista- Hope your enjoying your vacation!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #12  

shan-Yesterday I did not stay on my food plan. I gave into my cravings for Mexican food (the American kind ). So it is back in the saddle today. I planned my meals for the day so I should be okay. Every day is kind of a battle for me. I really want to eat like I used to but I also really want to lose weight. I always get the exercise in, even more so now since I lost my job. But the food thing is much more difficult for me. I often lose ten pounds every summer but I always gain it back by Christmas. This year I am down fifteen pounds which is good but I would like to lose another fifteen. Right now, I feel the old pattern starting to emerge. I would really like to change that this year. Sorry for the novel! Anyway, about the scale thing. When I was on vacation I did not have a scale but I did manage to maintain and started losing again as soon as I got back (although at a slower pace because I kind of lost my momentum). I think I was so worried I was going to gain it made me even more careful. Hang in there and keep up the good work!

Last edited by TERAPET; 07-22-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Hi Red Team! I know I haven't been checking in much...weight loss was sort of pushed to the back burner. I have always been a person who focuses on one thing at a time, but I am slowly coming to the realization that I am most likely going to have several equally important things going on simultaneously for the rest of my life and I better get use to juggling them now while I'm young, lol.

Oh, and I am finally getting an elliptical! I ordered it today, and I can hardly wait for it to get here!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I had a great workout yesterday....I pushed mowed (not self propelled) the back yard for 50 minutes in 95 degree temp. But there was a really nice breeze going, and I remembered my hat (lol) so it was actually quite enjoyable, and it was nice to be able to see something tangible that I had accomplished. But the online calorie count calculator that I've been using until I get my HRM repaired said that I only burned 250 calories...I find that hard to believe, but I went ahead and did another 30 mintues of stepping just incase.

Unfortunately, the scale isn't cooperating right now...I'm pretty sure it is TOM, so it should drop back down in a day or two, but it is annoying since I've been POP all week. Oh well.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #15  

MonteCristo-Yeah for the great workout and for the POP week. Your renewed focus is working.

Step class was tough today. We had a sub and I was not used to her style so I was finding it difficult not to over do it and found myself losing steam towards the end. I hope when I lose more weight, I will have more stamina. It must make a difference considering I weigh at least 25 more pounds then the instructor. In any case, I am definitely stronger than I was two months ago and with all this exercise I think I will continue to see improvement. Yesterday was on plan so I hope today will be as well.

Have a fun and on plan Friday girls!