Old 02-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/150

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. We've been dealing w/ my son's best friend dying. he was only 6-so to say that things have been emotional is an understatement. My son is wondering where he'll go live when dh and I die, surely his sissy will die first since she's older, etc. It's sad that he has to deal w/ this at such a young age. I reassure him the best I can, but we all know we're not promised tomorrow, so I can't give him the assurance he really needs. I can, though, lose this weight, so that I have a better chance of living for a long time.

My dad is finally stable, doing well, and is gaining weight which is a good thing considering he's 6'1" and was only 106 lbs. He's up to 120, so that's awesome.

I'm down (finally!) to 248.8 after having two weeks where I gained.

Good luck everyone.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

chewysmom - I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with that. You have been through a lot and I'm glad to hear that your dad is getting better now. No 6 year old should have to deal with the death of a best friend that age, but it sounds like you're doing a wonderful job in helping him deal with it the best he can. WTG on your loss this week! You're right, we all need to continue to focus on our weight and health so we can spend many many years with our loved ones!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #33  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

chewysmom-Wow...that's a lot to deal with. What a great perspective you have on not letting it side track your efforts!

Monte-Yep, I'm a cold weather baker. I had resisted the urge for several months, but now I'm trying to get it back under control after "unleashing the beast" for a few weeks. I love to cook and bake and eat the fruits of my labor. It's a curse! LOL

Aclai-That's very smart to buy one, but I do have kids that need stuff for school parties and all. I won't buy store-bought treats for those occassions because I WANT to give a more personal snack or treat. Besides that, their teachers have actually thanked me for bringing in homemade treats when I provide the snacks instead of the store bought stuff a lot of parents provide because they taste better (and are likely also better for them) than most store snacks and the kids love them. Sure, it doesn't mean I have to eat them, but....

The cookies are about gone and I'm on to other things. The scale has remained steady for several days and that's what's happening here. I have planned meals for the next week or so, but a trip out of town this weekend leaves way to many opportunities to stray. We're staying at our friends' house and they are snack-aholics. I will behave....I will behave...I will behave....Ooh, is that cream cheese?! What?! I mean....I will behave!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #34  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

cheweysmom - That is so sad, I can't imagine having to deal with a six year old upset about that, it's hard enough to deal with loss as adults...

It's the little things...I catch my reflection in a window out of the corner of my eye; more room in clothes, in an undefined, can't yet be measured way; complements on outfits that I've worn for months and no one has mentioned. My scale says I'm maintaining...but my body is starting to tell me something different. I don't know when/if a corresponding weight loss will come with this, and wow am I exhausted a lot, but I just need to push through and keep on keeping on
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #35  
Starting to lose

Wow, didn't mean to kill whatever chat we had going on, but I am trying to post at least 5 times a week, so I need to go ahead and go again

Posted my weigh in this morning, so I don't miss the cutoff on Sunday. Big gain, up 2.2, but I'm still on bunches of meds, so I know it will come off again quickly. Plus, as I said above, I'm really getting into this now, and seeing some body composition changes. I'll have a big whoosh here at some point.

Come on red team, I know you are out there...keep on posting ladies...we can do this!!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #36  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I will likely post a gain this week, but I will try to post anyway and move on from there. Here's to a healthy weekend!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

The snow finally found its way to Georgia I had big plans for today too. I was going to work at the Student Rec Center from 9-12, grab lunch, get in a workout (including a swim), then go to inservice training from 4-6 (which also involves some exercise... getting PAID for exercise). I like to swim on the rare occasional that I'm at the SRC because the pool there is so much nicer than the one at the Y and I can get my own lane! But well, all that happened was working from 9-12 and then the University closed for the impending weather. So I worked out at the Y, but it was just a bummer because I was looking forward to my SRC workout... it's really a much nicer facility.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 02-12-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Good Evening Ladies

Chewysmom so sorry you are having to deal with all this I just couldn't imagine at such a young age having to deal with something of that nature
On the other hand great news about your dad

Ashley sorry about you getting snow - it is a pain in the butt, pretty but pain - we have been getting pounded on this year and I am so ready for spring dang it

Shea and MsPerception you two will get back on track and start the losing streak again - you both have been doing a great job, I have the last 2 weeks posted gains but I have been on vacation and I knew it was a given no matter how hard you try while on vacation it is just to hard to stay on track the whole time

Well girls I am ready to hit the couch tonight and be lazy - I don't usually get time like that so I am going to take advantage of it tonight
Have a Great Weekend
Old 02-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Sorry about being MIA...all the kids and their mother came down with a stomach virus, so I had to spend sometime taking care of them, then yesterday I got it too....so no exercise. Fortunately there wasn't really any eating either...
Old 02-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Well luckily it looks like most of the ice is melting off the roads already (the roads were icy for a week that last time it snowed) so I won't be stuck in the house. I do have a cold though and have been battling the urge for comfort food. I had my official weigh in this morning and I'm down 2.6 for this week. I must keep it off! Junk food will not make my cold go away, junk food will not make my cold go away...
Old 02-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #41  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

sorry i've been so MIA and forgot to post a weigh in this past weekend. been busy with life with hubby home. we're waiting for his per diem money to get deposited, then plan to buy a treadmill for our house....it's either that or let hubby join a gym (meaning a monthly payment) so he can access a treadmill.....he can work out on post in the gyms, but by the time he gets off work - all the treadmills are full. he can still go there (free) to do weights and such. and this way - i can use it too and he can help train me to start running....he's a personal trainer
so looking forward to that we just bought us each a new pair of running shoes and workout clothes, so we're ready
played on the trampoline for a while after helping hubby clean out the storage shed and carport outside. so got some calories burned lol
no snow for us here....and all our plans for today fell thru, so we had to find something to do. DD has been asked by her gymnastics coach to try the intermediate level gymnastics class - and was going to try it today, but coach called to say she's sick -so no class today DD is currently in the beginner class, but said she's strong enough to move up to the next level, so DD decided she wants to try it. so will see when she can go to an inter. level class when we take DS to his class on Thursday.
got a new HRM....not sure i like it though. might try to find the box it came in and return it.and just use my old one i bought last year....at least i know how to use/read that one. lol

scale is starting to be nice to me now...more activities and getting back to better eating (hubby likes to eat healthy, so he's working with me to readjust my eating habits). grocery shopping with him yesterday was a long interesting trip...lol

was 145 on monday, then tuesday was 145.2......and today was 145.6 - but have been busy today and plan to have a good dinner. so hoping for a good number tomorrow for the weigh in.

got a new phone last week, and need to reprogram the TBL weigh ins into my calendar on the new one - so i dont forget again

ok enough rambling need to figure out what i'm making for dinner....and fold/put away the laundry
Old 02-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Happy Valentines Day!!!!

I hope that each one of you gets to spend it with a loved one

Have a Great Sunday
Old 02-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/150

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #44  
Starting to lose

Armywife - wow, you guys are busy! Way to go sticking with watching your diet and planning exercise with all of that going on. A treadmill will help, I'm sure!

A pretty good day for me, my free day was yesterday, but I didn't have anything bad except at dinner. Limiting the damage, at least. The scale at the gym yesterday was showing about 3 lbs down from earlier this week, but my work one is the one that I'm counting, so I'm hoping to see a loss this week.
I'm planning out my menu and the kids meals for the week right now

Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #45  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Valentines all!!

Chewysmom, so sorry for your loss and that you're having to field those kind of questions... I have a 6 yo myself, and I simply can't imagine...

I'm another one that has been MIA lately. Been around, but very busy - and completely forgot to weigh in last weekend as well. I was probably going to use a freebie week either way, as I was up a couple lbs from playing a little too hard last Sat night. It's all righted itself now, so that is good.

We enjoyed the 10 inches of snow we got a few days ago. We actually still have a good bit of it in our yard, which is really unusual here in TX. Usually its snow today, gone tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week!