Old 01-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/150

I'm really going to be scarce now-I just found out my ds's best friend (who was 6) died this morning. I don't know when I'll be able to get back on-it's triggering a lot of painful memories from when my first son died, and it's rough going right now. Please, if you pray, pray for little Jacob's family.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewysmom View Post
I'm really going to be scarce now-I just found out my ds's best friend (who was 6) died this morning. I don't know when I'll be able to get back on-it's triggering a lot of painful memories from when my first son died, and it's rough going right now. Please, if you pray, pray for little Jacob's family.
I'm so terribly sorry My daughter is 12 and it would break my heart if one her friends died. Also, I am so sorry for your loss

Last edited by Violet73; 01-29-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #48  
The Devil's in the Donuts

S/C/G: 267/~see ticker~/145 & fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies...just checking in. I just got back from a great workout at the gym. I was totally in the zone tonight! I did 70 minutes on the elliptical and then 20 minutes of ab and arm work on the machines. My attitude is so different now. I was happy to be sweating and I never felt the drudgery and the bitterness that I had felt before. I'm keeping my calories pretty low, 1200 in fact. Does anyone think that is too low? Its what my doctor recommended as the minimum. I am currently reading Dr Oz book trying to learn more about my body and my metabolism. If he suggests a little higher intake I may up it a bit.

Really looking forward to the weigh in on Sunday! I have had a great week on the scale.

Ok...off to bed to read the book!

Night ladies!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #49  

hey ladies....I'm gonna take a freebie this week as I have accidentally gotten thrown out of ketosis. For any of you who are familiar with the low-carb diet then you will know what I'm talking about. I'm retaining fluid from those darn carbs. I'm not even gonna weigh until I can get back on track. Good luck you guys! this thread has almost died out...hope you guys havent given up on weight loss!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been participating in the chat thread since week 1. I'm going to be better at visiting from now on. I've not been doing too well so I expect to see a gain this week, also TOM, but I'll try to have a big loss for the weigh-in after that.

I'm sorry a lot of you are going through some rough personal situations. to you all. Please keep checking back in here for support and encouragement. I'll try to be here more too.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Just checking in red team. thanks for the support, i'm gonna need it. my husband's selfishness and immaturity have become apparent, and I'm done beating my head agianst a wall, so I'll go along with the separation. I have an appointment with my mother's attourney on Monday to have a separation agreement written up and a temporary custody arrangement which would hold my husband to his word about watching my son on days when i'm in school or my internship when day care is closed. If all goes as planned my husband will just sign the papers, especially considering a)this was all his idea and b) he can't really afford his own attourney to represent him at all. I'm hoping this week isnt too bad scale-wise.

Oh, the one good weight-loss peice of news is that my temporary home i.e. my mother's basement, is equipped with a set of dumbells, a tread mill, and several other small do-dads i will have access to in addition to my normal videos.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

So sorry to hear about your sons friend- prayers are going out for them and you

Medinazarley sorry to hear about the seperation but like you said the upside is now you have a whole basement of weightloss equipment and you know you can take every little bit of anger out on it. In the long run if he is not happy you will ultimately not be happy and that is no way to live life

Well I should be taking a freebie this week but I had to take one last week with vacation being a week long- of which was an al-inclusive so therefore I will be posting a 3 pound gain but I know that will be gone this week - I drank and ate alot but back on track now for the most part - I do have a weekend vacation coming up which will be dangerous for weightloss as well but you know the say "you only live once so enjoy it" and boy do I know how true that is

Well ladies I hope your Sunday is going good - I will check back in later
Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #53  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewysmom View Post
How sad, I'm so sorry, I will indeed say a prayer for yours and Jacob's family to try to find the strength to make it through this time of sorrow.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #54  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinazarley View Post
Just checking in red team. thanks for the support, i'm gonna need it. my husband's selfishness and immaturity have become apparent, and I'm done beating my head agianst a wall, so I'll go along with the separation. I have an appointment with my mother's attourney on Monday to have a separation agreement written up and a temporary custody arrangement which would hold my husband to his word about watching my son on days when i'm in school or my internship when day care is closed. If all goes as planned my husband will just sign the papers, especially considering a)this was all his idea and b) he can't really afford his own attourney to represent him at all. I'm hoping this week isnt too bad scale-wise.

Oh, the one good weight-loss peice of news is that my temporary home i.e. my mother's basement, is equipped with a set of dumbells, a tread mill, and several other small do-dads i will have access to in addition to my normal videos.
Just wait till he sees you when you hit your goal weight, finish school and someone else is interested in you...they say when one door closes another opens. Stay strong for your son stay stronger for yourself!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #55  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

sorry to all though going thru tough times with your children and hubbys...i'm praying for yall.

i know i havent been online much, have been busy with life now that my hubby's home. the ceremony went great he went to the kids classes and our DD's award ceremony She is in 1st grade and earned 2 awards for the first semester - A honor roll and perfect attendance We're very proud of her. Hubby resumes some work schedule this coming week.
he wants to move our living room around again....so i figure that'll be a workout. lol our living room size isnt good for any arrangement, so we end up moving it around every so often to just change things up. hope the next place we live has a bigger living room for a better arrangement.
DD wants to go to ihop when hubby gets home from getting his haircut...lol not sure he'll wanna go there, but we'll see we havent gone out for our family activity and meal - we planned to take the kids out to eat and a fun something, like bowling, once he got home.
i've been enjoying playing with his new ipod touch my mom bought him for christmas...so am looking into getting me one - i love all the apps you can use on it. including facebook and my.fitness.pal, etc the ipod touch app for my.fitness.pal is actually better than the website version IMO.
i hope to get things back on track now that hubby's home - and eat healthier too. i had to post a gain this week due to TOM. sorry team

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 01-31-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #56  

Hi ladies, sorry to hear some of you are going through difficult times right now - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Weight-wise, I'm getting back on track. Weighed in at 205 this week, which is down 6.6 lbs from last week (had a gain last week), and down 4.2 lbs from my starting weight for this round.

Trying to keep my hands busy knitting so they're not busy stuffing chocolate into my face.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #57  
The Devil's in the Donuts

S/C/G: 267/~see ticker~/145 & fit

Just posted a good loss...very happy with it and plan to keep on track this week. I just had the best dinner! My change in attitude seems to be keeping me from even craving something that is not good for me. And just to prove to myself that I CAN have anything I want but CHOOSE not to, I keep a whole bag of hershey kisses in a bag in the fridge. I keep them right where I can see them every time I open the fridge. And you know what...every time I see them, I think nah, I'm craving an orange..or a salad or a boiled egg or something like that. Its as if I have rewired my brain!

Heres to a great week ladies! Best of luck and keep chatting!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Chewy's mom I am so sorry for you loss and your DS's loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

I was able to post a 1 pound loss this week. I wish it was more but hopefully a good sign of things to come. It might be a higher loss but I forgot to weigh this morning and that is usually when I think myweightis the most accurate. I have drank a ton of water this weekend. We have been snowed in since Friday. It is really not a lot of snow but we are not use to it so people drive crazy so it is best to stay home. I did get a work out sledding and snow boarding my thighs are certainly feeling it today.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and lost a lot!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #59  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm another one guilty of not posting as much as I've meant to; I've been trying to focus my head on what I needed to do to get a better handle on my eating, since for once my exercise is going pretty good. I hope that this week is easier for everyone; last week sounds like it was pretty rough
Old 02-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #60  

Hey gals....It's February now! One month closer to summer. I know I want to lose weight and stay my goal weight for the rest of my life but with summer approaching I want to be smaller! Most of us had a pretty hard week this past week I think. We really need to focus (mostly me) and get in gear and lose this weight! I had a bad carb experience but I am hoping I will have a loss next week. A few months from now I dont wanna say to myself....I could be THIS size if I had only tried harder. So....I will try very hard and not look back. Lets do this chickies!