Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstill88 View Post
Hello everyone. Finally I have lost my pre-holiday pounds. Now its time to get down to business. I am thinking of taking a zumba class has anyone tried it?
I have not personally been to a zumba class but I would love to go to one. Several of my friends have done it and said it was so much fun. You should go for it! Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

*****HAPPY DANCE********

Just did my WI. 2.4 lbs down!!! Whooo.....I've never lost this fast before! Thrilled!!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #48  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

wtg candice that's great

i havent been eating as much lately, which is good, compared to how things had been going food-wise. been on the trampoline the last two days with the kids
going to get DD from school soon. she has 3 teachers already that want to buy cookies (it's girl scout cookie season) then we're going to walmart to buy supplies to make POSTERS!!!! hubby's coming home in a few days and since gymnastics class has been postponed tomorrow -i figured i'd stock up now, so we can make posters/signs/banners tomorrow since it's supposed to rain tomorrow.
we'll probably play outside on the trampoline when we get back from walmart, so we get some fun activity in for the day. since tomorrow will be an inside the house day - making posters and doing laundry. and doing last minute cleaning.
i'm so excited!!! hope to get some workouts in somewhere in there (thats why i've ben joining the kids on the trampoline - to sneak in some exercise)
Old 01-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #49  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

i am not sure if this would be considered a NSV or not...but i was chatting online with hubby earlier today and it made me feel good that he notices what i'm trying to accomplish. I weighed about 125 when we met back in 1999, and was about 135 appx when we married in 2002. and i'm between 145-150 now...

Hubby said this :
"i cant tell you how proud of you i am with how you recovered from your pregnancy and the weight"
"i knew you were perfect for me but DAMN "
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcossel View Post
*****HAPPY DANCE********

Just did my WI. 2.4 lbs down!!! Whooo.....I've never lost this fast before! Thrilled!!!!
Congrats!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #51  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Gotta say, I have not been into things lately because I am so dang frustrated. I eat about 1300-1400 calories a day, workout everyday about 30-45 min., doing a variety of things. I have been stuck at 177-180 since Sept. After searching the internet, I think I am going to try 1600 calories a day which is close to my BMI (maintenance) and let the exercise do the burning. I think my metabolism is really slow because I'm not getting enough fuel for my bodie's needs. I

I am going to give this a shot and see what happens. What have I got to lose?? Only some weight, right?? If I start to gain I can alway back off. Wish me luck.

You girls have some interesting thngs going on with the jornal and the exercise thread. I will jump in on those next week. I am looking for a fresh start and hopefully I can shed these last 35 pounds.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #52  

hey everyone! I'm still hanging around here and following my plan. My clothes are getting looser I'm just not seeing huge results on the scale....a pound or two this week....up and down on that cause of water weight I guess. Oh well....better than up! Keep up the good work everyone! weigh-in tomorrow! GO RED TEAM!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #53  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

DD didnt have gymnastics today, so i got to sleep in...which threw my days off. lol i was thinking today was sunday i'm close to my last WI number, so hoping with all the busy cleaning i have planned today i will burn extra calories, and maybe jump on the trampoline for a bit before the rain is to come will help....and feel like i should be able to post a loss tomorrow now that i realize that it's only saturday.
only a few more days to go

we made posters last night.....kids got covered in red paint (hubby is field artillery which is red color) and glitter. so even with their showers last night - the red is off them but they're now glittery again, cuz its all over the floor and sofa (cuz DS was crawling around on it last night before his shower). lol so lots of glitter to try to clean, plus laundry - busy day
Old 01-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #54  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Another crappy week for me. Work stress, loneliness and general depression. As a result I did not eat well this week. Ate loads of junk and had some mini binges here and there.

If I have one more week like this I think I'm going to drop out of this challenge.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Just poking my head in for a quick update. I had a pleasant surprise on the scale this morning. I made it out of the 200's!! I was so happy! Even though I'm 198 and still a ways off from hitting my goal weight, it still makes me feel so much closer to it just being in the 100's. Everybody is doing so well! Let's keep it up!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #56  

helwa...dont give up! you can do this! are you following a particular plan? I do low carb and I never feel hungry at all! You just need to find something that works for you and stick with it!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #57  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Another pleasant surprise here. I made it out of the 180s.

A week of HARD, INTENSE exercise and better eating = down 6.4 pounds!!! I have never lost more than 2 pounds in a week. This is incredible. My goals for next week are to up the intensity a bit, while remaining consistant and FOCUSED!

I'm going to enjoy a loooooong soak in the tub tonight... I deserve it. Spinning class early tomorrow, but I can do it.

Good luck in the next week, Team. I appreciate this group effort.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Mindy- I could have (and possibly did) write that same post 3 w ago. I feel as though I've been stuck at 167 for ever..about 3m to be exact. While I was happy my weight wasn't trending up- I'd like to see some movement on the scale. I've been switching up my calories- cycling them. And upping my exercise/switching that up. Breaking my body & me from it's rut.
You CAN do it!!

Candice- good job on the 2.4 gone!!

Helwa- don't give up! We're here to support & help you through this. Some days/weeks/months are harder than others, but if you can get through it. Just take baby steps & remember- tomorrow is a new day.

Shan- going to tell us how Japan was?

Tamara- WTG!! I wouild love to see 6 lbs go in 1 w...very envious!! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Just wanted to give a quick reminder for everyone to weigh in today. I will try and send a PM to everyone who is in danger of being eliminated this week.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I have been doing the excuse thing with exercise, saying I just don't have the time....so, I made a workout schedule with concrete times for each workout, all at times when there is no reason I can't be doing that rather than something else. It put me in my place and showed me I DO have time, enough excuses

I lost almost a pound this week. Getting frustrated with my slow loss so time to kick it up another notch and get going with the exercise, that is always the main key for me. I have to exercise consistently or I just don't lose much regardless of how good I am with food.

Everyone weigh in.... Tamra that is an awesome loss for the week!

I'll catch up with everyone else later when I have time to read. Right now it's off to the grocery store to stock up on good stuff.