Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default RED TEAM Week 10 Chat

Sorry I didn't get the chat thread started sooner. I've been having a lot of difficulty getting on the site. I've brought over the last couple of posts from last week's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
Weighed the same this week as last week.....not complaining, with all the crap I ate while hubby was in the hospital earlier in the week it could have been much, much worse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
I must say sorry to the red team I have only lost 2 pounds this entire challenge. I am not complaining because I have not gained but the weight seems to just be holding on for dear life. I did rake the yard Saturday and Sunday and my arms are so sore so I hope maybe with hard work and exercise this week I can jump start a loss.

I went to my 2nd of 4 kids birthday parties and I did not eat any cake. I ate a little bit of chex mix but other than that no snacks. So I am doing great in the resisting temptation area. I have also been finding so recipies for thanksgiving that I think I can alter a little to make lower in calories.

This week I am concentrating on getting in my water everyday and getting some form of exercise whether it is yard work, a DVD or jogging.

Congratulations to everyone who lost week!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shea5 View Post
Great job everyone on the weight loss, some big losers this week!!

I am down a little bit this week, which I'm happy about; it could have been a lot worse, it was a rough week foodwise. I'm so ready to get back on plan, and today is definitly my day.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #2  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

well i'm taking a break from putting the quilt together to have some breakfast....speaking of which - my bagel popped up a while ago. lol better go heat it back up and eat, so i can get back upstairs working on hubby's quilt. i've put a deadline on it for tomorrow - so i can get it in the mail asap.
every have a great OP day
Old 11-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #3  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I thought the site troubles were over, but this morning for a bit I couldn't get on to any pages. I'm glad it's okay again.
I'm doing well today with plenty of water and all the good stuff. I found a lost pound and plan to rid myself of it ASAP with a friend or 2! I think I've established a maintenance range I can live with, so once I reach my 135 goal, I'll reset my ticker to reflect my new goal (middle of the range for cushion LOL). I'm so excited to do that. It means being a maintainer is in sight for me! I doubt I'll be there before this challenge is over, so I'll still be trying to be a Biggest Loser for RED. GO TEAM!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #4  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I'M BACK...

Finally...

So other then some permanent hearing loss and still a bit of wooziness, I feel a million times better! It definitely did not waste any time taking over my body and I would not wish any of it on anyone. If you haven't got your swine flu vaccination, get it. Some people do get off lucky and are only sick for a few days and then others end up like me, sick for 2 weeks, with some crappy permanent down-siders ... English teacher making up words... I wish I had enough time to do personals, but I'm 2 weeks behind on paper work and super short on time, so I will be checking in tomorrow! Thank you everyone for the well wishes!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Mandey- Good Luck on your quilt.

Monte-I was so happy I was finally able to get on the site today that I did not realize that I posted on last weeks thread so sorry and thank you for moving it.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am assuming everyone is having trouble loggining on. I am at work where it is easier to do anything on the computer. WhenI am home on the weekends it is hard to navigate my PC I get frustrated and I just assumed it was my computer not the site.

Not doing well on the weight loss front it is like my body is in matinence and it does not need to be. I have already drank my water for today which is great for me because I have been slacking in that department. I also ate veggies and fruit for lunch so that is a good start for the week. Hope it continues.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

NSV- So a few weeks back I bought a pair of size 20 jeans and figured it was a fluke (must run big) since I was still quite firmly a 22 in dress pants. But today I got curious, since I expected to be fitting into a size 20 sometime in the 240s and I'm now at 248.2. So I pulled the old size 20s out of the SpaceBags in the storage closet and they all fit! Found some shirts that fit too (a lot of them aren't cute anymore and are going to Goodwill but I've got a few keepers).
I was a size 20 for a really long time before (and had a wicked employee discount at Lane Bryant then) so I have a lot of clothes in that size. I never really wanted to accept my new sizes as I got bigger so I would only buy a few pairs of pants. As a result, for about 3 years I'd only have 1-3 pairs of pants that fit me at a time. So this is like Christmas come early for me, I have 9 pairs of jeans! So exciting
Old 11-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Today is a good day. I kind of helped a friend get a much needed job. All I did was tell her about the place and she swears I'm her hero. I'm looking to do a transfer. More money and more training. If things keep going this way, all my Texas friends will be working in the same call center as me. Things are looking up, I am hopeful.....
Old 11-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Hi Red Team!!

Does anyone have the ability to delete other people's posts? It would be nice to clean up the weigh in thread and delete those members who have dropped out. I may try pming dix to see if she could do it if no one else has that ability.

Last edited by maryshady; 11-16-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #9  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

finished sewing the back strips together so it's all one solid piece now...just have to layer them and start sewing everything together. been online most of today talking with hubby - about christmas presents. tomorrow night will be very exciting me and the kids are going to the movie theater to see wizard of oz on the BIG screen....it's my all time FAV movie and bought the tickets online a couple weeks ago to ensure that i didnt miss out again. we missed the Sept viewing and refused to miss it again.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #10  

RED TEAM WEEK 9 RESULTS

BIGGEST LOSER

jessicado22 - 4.5lbs (1.91%)

RUNNER UPS

shan84 - 6.0lbs (1.84%)
MsPerception - 1.2lbs (0.88%)
Aclai4067 - 1.8lbs (0.72%)

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS

17.1lbs

TOTAL TEAM WEIGHT LOSS PERCENTAGE

0.35%
Old 11-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #11  

Here is a shout-out to everyone who beat our exercise challenge for week 9.

MonteCristo
MsPerception
tinabinab

And to everyone who participated as well

ArmyWife02
IGetFitNStrongforme
Sunnigummi
Cape Brenton Chick
Aclai4067
Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #12  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Congrats (again!!) Jessicado and runner ups Shan, Ms Perceptions, and Aclai!!

Looks like we had a much better week than last! Good job all!

Kim - Welcome back! I hope you're continuing to recover and feel better! That is so scary that you have permanent loss from it. Uhg.

ArmyWife - can't wait to see the finished quilt. I've made ONE quilt in my life so I can kinda relate, although it didn't look nearly as good as yours does so far! The bad thing is that I raffled it off and while it made a nice chunk of change, in hindsight I am sad that I will never see it again! They are so much work!

I was soooo close to 215 this morning - I cannot wait to hit that first milestone! The next one will be reaching 10% (213) and then its on to onederland!

Can't believe how close we are the finishing the season. Will there be a spring BL challenge? I want it, I NEED it.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabinab View Post
Can't believe how close we are the finishing the season. Will there be a spring BL challenge? I want it, I NEED it.
I for one hope so. We usually have 3 a year; fall, spring and summer. It appears that we have lost all of our previous organizers, so we may have to work it out on our own. I am perfectly willing to continue with Red Team.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #14  

I am having some serious problems with my scale. It is refusing to budge. I don't understand what the problem is. It seems like it doesn't matter what I do it stays right there around 165-167. This week I weighed in at exactly the same thing as last week, 166.2. According to my wii I lost 3.5lbs this week, but on my official scale, nothing!

The math just isn't working. I've been shooting for a 750 deficit, which should give me a 1.5lbs loss each week. NOTHING!!!!! I'm not fudging any numbers, I log every bite I take, and I count my calories off my HRM. I've been working extra hard to get in vegetables and not eat many sweets, but it doesn't seem to matter.

I'm starting to get really discouraged.......I really thought I'd be down to my goal weight by now, but I still have 25lbs to go! I just don't know what the problem is. I was having this same problem before I went to Scotland, and I thought it would help to relax for a couple of weeks and just eat "normally", but I ended up gaining 10lbs, and I'm still having trouble dropping weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #15  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

MonteCristo-That Stinks! I wish I knew what the problem was so I could help you. I'm still trying to figure out my body. I think they all handle things a little differently. I don't know what plan you follow, but it's always a good idea to re-evaluate every once in a while. Maybe sodium is a problem, maybe your thyroid or something is messed up, are you getting plenty of fiber/water/protein/etc.? Hope something changes for you soon so you can see the numbers you've earned!!

Thanks, Monte and tinabinab! I try for a 1-2% loss every week and most of the time I get it. I am holding onto the stubborn pound I picked up Sunday. I REALLY want it gone today!! I better see some good scale progress tomorrow or I will be very FRUSTRATED!