Height: 5'-4"

Default Blue Bombshells - Week 5 Chat

Happy Monday!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #2  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone,

I saw the old QOTD that's a couple days old now: How do I get myself back on track? Well yesterday I was really feeling down, didn't exercise at all and I felt helplessly unmotivated. I got myself into the shower and gave myself a good scrub down... then cleaned the bathroom, did the dishes, cleaned the apartment, etc, etc. I felt SO ENERGIZED from this when before I was convinced I couldn't get myself unglued from the couch. So now I real want to use cleaning as a motivation tool. When I just feel sooo tired, straightening up my lifespace or even myself seems to inject a bit of energy/motivation into me.

I've really been doing a lot of research on low fat diets recently. I don't want to go fat free but I'm starting to rethink some of my food staples. Today I went back through food logs and wrote down all the foods with over 10 grams of fat per serving (or the serving size I ate). Right now my fat percentages are 35-45%. I'd like to get below 30, even below 25%. Some of the high fat foods are also kind of high in calories so it would do me well to keep these items generally out of my diet.

Hope you're all well!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Wow its been a crazy week and we most likely have another one ahead of us. Hubby has to get labs drawn every few days now and shots if his levels are not right.
I am trying to feed him low calorie, low fat and diabetic diet.I am just eating what i cook for him. The dr wants him on 1500 calories a day and that isnt much food for a man. He is being a real trooper and eating just what i give him. I think he has lost about 13lbs in 9 days..
I lost a pound last week taking me back to my lowest. I did see the scales a bit lower last week but i will get there. Im hoping I can get the next 40lbs off while getting hubby healthy.
hugs to all and be sure and drink water during the heat!!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #4  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Dgramie, I am glad he is following orders for his food. I'm not sure my dh would be that diligent! It's great you are so committed to getting him healthy, and like you said, it's good for you too.

Joyra, I usually stay below 25 fat grms. I notice tho that after you get used to not having the fat, sometimes you get to be too low, which isn't good. I just see that I find all these very low fat foods and sometimes I don't add up enough! I also soooo agree with you about cleaning. It does the same thing for me. Smart smart. I don't know why it does but it does. It's like you have more hope or something afterward.

Hi Dee!!! Wow, you wake up early huh? My son starts baseball camp so I'm up to make sure we don't sleep thru it. LOL. In summer we don't stay on a strict schedule but have lots coming up now. Btw, you are looking quite snazzy, girly. I like the pic, dunno if I told you yet.

As for me, I have been OP for a long time it seems and not losing as much as I thought. Only two lbs less but still. Just taking deeep breaths and telling myself my body is crazy and I can't convince it to be sane so I hafta live with it's weirdisms. Such joy. Ah well, at least I'm still here and haven't gained any! There is always a worse scenario right?

Well, have a great OP day Bluezers!!! And most importantly, Don't Quit the Challenge. Even on your worse day, or week, you need to be here. I know, because every time I'm not here I gain ALOT. How many are not here any longer? I hope we don't lose any more. We all need support to lose! :

Bye for now!!!
Selina
Old 06-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #5  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Okay, I'm back in every sense of the word.

I think my stuggles lately have been partially caused by overtraining. I took yesterday off completely, and only walked 1 mile on Saturday, and wogged 2 on Friday. This morning I ran 5 miles and my calf didn't hurt at all! Hmmm....maybe there's something to this "rest" thing afterall? I was also having a problem with the eating, due in part to a complete lack of desire to cook, and combined with the fact that the panty is almost bare. Sure, I could go to the store, but it's *hot*. I don't want plan a menu, shop, cook, or do dishes. I need a chef and a maid!

I've lost everything I gained during PMS/TOM except 1 pound, but I'm thinking that the 147 I saw a couple of weeks ago was a fluke. I only saw it once, so 148 isn't breaking my heart.....yet.

Selina - Yes, I was up letting the dog out, getting ready to hit the track.

dgramie - Kudos to your DH for taking this seriously. I wish mine would.

joyra - I clean when I'm upset or I when need to think thru things. There is something about cleaning your environment that clears my head. DH can always tell when I'm mad at him, the house is very clean.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Morning everyone.

Food has been okay. It could be better but overall I'm not complaining.

Exercise is back on track today. I ended up taking two days off and then had a real easy run yesterday. My foot felt good still so I will be out for a longer run today. I am sure the two days off did some good.

Weight is sloooowly dropping. Any drop is fine with me though. As long as it isn't going up I'm happy.
Selina - Your summer schedule is making me tired.

dgramie - Kudos to your DH for following that strict diet. Mine never would. Not in a million years.

joyra and Dix - You can come clean here any day. Since DH got laid off my schedule has been thrown off. It doesn't seem like anything is getting cleaned. He needs to find a new job soon before the house becomes unrecognizable.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Aaaack!

Ugh! I am so far behind girls. And I am the pinball wizard on the scale.

I need read through last weeks thread. I need to go grocery shopping. I need to exercise, clean the house, work a full time job and help get new business of the ground. I am thoroughly overwhelmed and underprepared. Gotta start over this week. Deep breath. Will be back at lunch to see how things are going for everyone else, and to soak up some motivation~
Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I stayed POP last week, upped re-focused my exercise and weighed in this morning at the exact same weight! This makes me crazy, according to my BB I should have lost 2 lbs, but I've lost almost nothing the entire month.

I really really hope I start seeing results again soon. It's just so depressing, I mean if I had binged or not worked out at all or whatever then ok, it's my fault pick up and move one, but it really really sucks when you're doing exactly what you're supposed to do and lose nothing!

Oh well, hopefully this won't last long. Either way, I won't stop and I'll keep doing what I'm supposed to I guess. Something has to give eventually.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Got up this morning and worked out. Did a 40 min hiit. Scale was way up so I took a freebie. Last week was a wash for me. It's like I set this goal to be in the 160's by the time work was out for summer and I had 4 lbs to lose in two weeks so what do I do eat like mad to get myself back to 178! ugh! I am my own worst enemy. But today is a new day and a new week. Going to see PT tomorrow. Pray for me that she lets me live thru it! lol!! By all descriptions of her she is Jillian's twin sister!

Dgramie-Glad you dh is ok. Kudos to you for being so diligent with his eating plan. I will continue to pray for both of you.

Joyra- I also clean and listen to loud music to get me out of a funk. It really helps to be in control of something and I think that was house cleaning does for me!

Selina-Just keep it up. You will get there sometime. I see you as someone who will not give up, Just keep working it and you will get there.

Dee-Glad you are back with us!

Nixmom-Wow! you are a busy girl! Remember to take care of you first and all the other stuff will eventually fall in place.

Zink-I feel the same way I will take any loss it is always better than a gain. Congrats on your running program. You are doing phenomenal!

Melwolfe-It really sucks when you are doing everything right and you see no results. Just keep working your plan it will come off. I just started wearing my sensewear again today. Hoping I will re-focus me to start going in the right direction again.

Have a great Monday!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #10  

Sounds like everyone is BUSY! That's a good thing though- gives our hands something to do. I had a bad weekend foodwise so I was lucky to lose at all last week. Don't you hate it when you eat your progress? That's exactly what I did because I WOULD have lost a pound instead of .4. Oh well, that's life. Live and learn and move on.

Of course the hubs didn't work out once, ate worse than I did (but better than he has been the last few months) and he drops nearly 3 pounds this week. Men!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Good week, okay weekend, but TOM is starting. Luckily my WI is before the weekend, so everything is good. I saw 286! I got my TBL workout and 30 DS in the mail today. Very exciting. Bob kicked my butt in the workout, but I liked it. In-laws arrive tomorrow so I may be scarce this week.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #12  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

well i havent been op at all and the scale shows it. i am almost back up to 200 pounds but i refuse to get there. i started back OP today. graduation, vacations, bronchitis, moving etc brought me to this point but today is a new day.

sorry for the gain i posted bombshells but i will be here more often and promise to contribute to an actual loss.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #13  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi, I'm still here but run off my feet with DS's wedding preparations. I've gained weight last week!!! Grrr....Too much baking and cooking. I'm making decorations today and thank goodness I can't eat those. Less than 3 weeks to go and then I'll be back to some kind of normalcy.

Dgramie, glad your DH is on the mend.

I haven't read back posts so I hope everyone is doing their best. Sometimes that isn't what we want but it's the best we can do for our circumstances at the time.

I'll try and post as often as I can but things are getting down to the wire but I'll do at least once or twice a week.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

When it rains it pours. My dad is now in the hospital and in pretty bad shape.

As for hubbys diet..when you hear its life or death and spend days in the hospital its kinda a wake up call. He only needs to love about 40-50lbs. He is lucky that is all he has to lose. He has always been a fast food eater and i guess it caught up with him and clogged the atteries.
Its so nice to know his glucose is under control again.
hugs to all
Old 06-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #15  

dgramie- sorry to hear about your Dad. These things always seem to happen in groups. I'm glad your dh's mountain to climb is only 30-40 lbs. which is plenty hard but certainly doable.

Melwolf- I've had that same thing happen before. Sometimes it takes a week or two to 'show up' on the scale. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll likely see a big drop in short order.

I had a NSV (non-scale victory). I took my older daughter and little daughter on a bike ride down to the trail. There's a big hill between us and the trail. On the way home we have to climb that hill. I was able to ride up the hill last night without stopping- AND I was pulling a trailer with a 50 lb. kid in it! When I got to the top I realized that I'm in the best physical shape of my life. It was so exciting to realize that. Weight or no weight to lose, I'm in pretty darn good shape and that ALONE feels great!