Old 06-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post

So yesterday I was watching CNN and they reported that an extra 10-20 lbs. could help you live longer..... hmmmm do you think this is a case of telling the people what they want to hear?
Honestly, I don't think so. I think it may be more of an attempt to get people to stop thinking the supermodel ideal of 6 feet tall and 110 to 120 pounds is some kind of ideal we should all be striving for. Real women have curves - they do NOT look like the 14 and 15 year olds you see in the Victoria's Secret ads.

I personally look my best when I'm about 10 to 20 pounds over what the weight charts says I "should" weigh. So I think this may be more about rightsizing our expectations. If a person is 10 to 20 pounds over what the weight charts says they should weigh, they're still going to be trim and healthy looking. As opposed to more and more Americans are in the OBESE range these days -- it takes far more than 10 or 20 extra pounds to qualify a person as being obese.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #47  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I am trying to keep up, but since I am borrowing my DD comp. it gets tough. Now my fridge died. It sucks. Can't get a new one till Wed. Looks like I will be eating take out for while.

I am maintaining right now. TOM is about a week away and I feel some pre-TOM gain coming on. Still working out everyday, just not as intensely. It's hard when it's hot.

Well keep working girls. Never give up.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #48  

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend so far

Thursday night I started a series of classes I'm so excited about. It's on preserving the harvest -- yes, canning and dehydrating foods! Guess what, it's not just for little old blue-haired ladies anymore...lol Anyway, it was extremely easy and a lot of fun and what I'm really excited about is that we have a lot of farms and farmers markets where I can get fruits and veggies quite inexpensively and this will allow me to enjoy that yummy fresh taste all year long.....tastewise, food you've canned yourself just blows the doors off that stuff you get on the supermarket shelf. So far I've canned tomatoes, salsa, peaches, peach juice (this is going to be incredible in a martini or a bellini some day real soon), plums, and mangoes. The dehydrating classes are at the end of the series, but I've already dabbled in that a bit -- dehydrated strawberry slices make the most incredible snack, as does dehydrated pineapple. Hubby is wanting me to dry him some apple rings so I may pick up some apples for that today. Our instructor was telling us about this grower's outlet that has all this local produce at incredible prices so I'm going to check that out today. Strawberries and tomatoes are definitely on my list -- maybe cherries and hopefully apples. I have to make some more of the salsa we canned night before last -- it was easily the best I've ever had!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Sorry I have been MIA this week. I have been on Vacation and we had a tree struck by lightening and it caused our internet and satellite to go out. Just got the internet back up today. I was worried i would not have a loss this week. But today is my offical weigh in and I did not gain, I of course will weigh again on monday and post my official loss then. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #50  
Day Dream Believer

S/C/G: 157.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Hello Ladies!

My brother is getting married this afternoon and I am one of the bride's maids....that said I have been in crazy wedding land all weekend and it doesn't look like things are going to stop spinning until sometime next week (relatives in from out of town and all that.) So as a result I am having incredible difficulty focusing on my weight loss goals and staying motivated. Good news is I don't think it's going to be a gain this week! That's really all I'm hoping for at this point... Hope the rest of you are doing fabulously and kicking some major hiney!
Old 06-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #51  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I hope you all had a good weekend. I was off so you know mines was fantastic!

I did lots of walking yesterday....around the mall. That was a moment in history folks! I despise the mall. Crowds of people surrounding me.....most of them teenagers....*shudders* This was actually my second time going to the mall since I've moved to Texas.....the second time in almost two years! If it wasn't for Sunshine's wedding, I wouldn't have put myself through it. But I was looking for bra, shaper, something to help my tatas fit more comfortably in that dress. I browsed around DebPlus, Torrid, and Lane Bryant. Tried on some things and remembered why I hate clothes shopping. I hope that gets easier as I lose the weight.

Speaking of weight, I decided to move my WIs to Sunday and today was the first. It was horrible but I accept it. Though I have slowly amped up my movement, I still need to rein in the eating. Today was a good day, my cal intake was too low but at least I didn't binge. I really want a bike so I can hop on at night when it's not killer outside. I have to pay rent, then I'll see what I have left.

Work tomorrow, feeling ill already.

Peace, loves.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I went ahead and weighed early this week. I knew that TOM bloat would hit on Monday, and what good would it possibly do me to see an ugly number like that? So I went with my Friday weight. I had a pretty good week, and ended up dropping 1.8lbs, actually getting below my starting weight (finally!).
Old 06-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #53  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Sooo glad that I have Friday off this week! My job is closed on the 3rd, and it's awesome! Anyway, I walked around a garden yesterday for over an hour taking pictures and it was great. Then, I went to the gym for a workout. Of course, the walk even though I was stopping was a bit of a workout as well and it was hot as heck out too.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I haven't been around, trying to get stuff done when I'm not at work.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

I wish I could say my week 5 went better, but in reality I had a few cocktails and on Saturday I went to a bonfire had Sangria and pretty much all the food that was served there. Thank God I still lost 2lbs or I would be crying right now. This week I really have to be good, I NEED to get out of the 220's and I want to eat a little more than normal on the 4th, so it's 1200 calorie days for me until Saturday.