Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Red Rockets - Week Nine :eek:

I'm off to change my tickers; unfortunately 148 is my official WI for today. It sucks that I am going to have to post a gain but I've used my freebies and it is what it is. Sorry team
Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Morning to you all!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I had ups and downs but I could not wait to logg on today and tell you all that I did it!!! I weighed in at 199 on Saturday!! It has been more than 2 years since I weighed below 200 and this is what I have been waiting for. So I have lost 39 pounds in 20 weeks and I could not be happier. I wish I was a smaller size but that will come too. To celebrate I bought the 30 day shred DVD I have been avioding buying and I have done level 1 for the last 2 days. Now I have been exercising regularly for the last few months and I have done other Jillian Michaels DVDs but for some reason I was afraid of the shred. So I am going to try to do it consistantly. I still have a ways to go but still making it below 200 has made anything seem attainable to me now!!!

CAT- you just had surgery, it takes awhile for everything to even out, you will get it off!!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Morning to you all!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I had ups and downs but I could not wait to logg on today and tell you all that I did it!!! I weighed in at 199 on Saturday!! It has been more than 2 years since I weighed below 200 and this is what I have been waiting for. So I have lost 39 pounds in 20 weeks and I could not be happier. I wish I was a smaller size but that will come too. To celebrate I bought the 30 day shred DVD I have been avioding buying and I have done level 1 for the last 2 days. Now I have been exercising regularly for the last few months and I have done other Jillian Michaels DVDs but for some reason I was afraid of the shred. So I am going to try to do it consistantly. I still have a ways to go but still making it below 200 has made anything seem attainable to me now!!!

CAT- you just had surgery, it takes awhile for everything to even out, you will get it off!!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Whoops- posted on week eight- so I'll repost here.

It's a bit quiet around here- I hope that's because everyone is out & about enjoying the great weather.

A surprise 2 lb drop for me this week- but I did get 2 runs in this week so I guess it really does help LOL

Enjoying some quiet time- the kids are in summer camp so I'm catching up on chores since I don't work until this evening.

Amy- Great job!! Congrats on being below 200!- isn't it a great feeling?

have a great day all!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #5  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Glad I looked for a new thread before I posted on the other one. I have no good news though. I am up 2 pounds from last week. Don't know why, have no explanation. I will just keep on keepin on. This body simply likes to throw me curve balls and never makes things easy for me.

Good luck everyone. Keep working hard. Speaking of working hard......it is time for me to go workout.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #6  

Hi All,
Hope everyone has had a good week and weekend, it's been very busy and stressful for me so sorry I haven't been posting. I am proud that I haven't been burying my head in a vat of chocolate or turning to food to get through this last week. Last Tuesday my dad ended up in the hospital, his daignosis is colon cancer and he will probibly have surgery the end of the month. The good news is it looks pretty contained and they are pretty confident that they can get it all. I'm taking him to the dr for more tests tomorrow.
The second big stress in a young lady that I've known since she was a small child, who has been my son's best friend growing up and his first date is in jail accused of murder. This is a shy quiet girl with her whole life a head of her and along with her bf and bf's mother are accused of killing bf's step father. Please add her to your prayers, I'm hoping she is just caught up in events and not part of what happened.
Third stressful thing, (don't they always come in threes?) was a good thing but still stressfull, I took DD and 2 of her friends on an outing for the day. If you can immagine an hour drive with 3 8yo and then get there to find the place we were going wasn't open today. We did have a fun day, I found a great bead shop, and they all had fun. I will confess to a chocolate chip pecan cookie and McDonalds, but did do a lot of walking.

Hope everyone has a great week, I know mine has to be better than last week.
Bette K
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #7  

Hi Again,
Just wanted to add a few personals, and the last post got long.

Cat: You have been doing great, and it takes a few weeks to get over the trauma your surgery did to your body, don't worry about it.

Mommyofsix: Congrats on getting below 200. That's my goal right now, and isn't it amazing how much of a milestone it is.

CanadaMel: Great job on the 2 lbs!!!!

Mtiger: Nothing worth having is easy to obtain. Just keep going, it's kind of like being in labor, a lot of pain, hard work,and grunting, but at the end you get new life.

Have a great week.
Bette K
Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #8  

Congrats to those who lost weight this past week and (((HUGS))) to those who have gained and/or dealing with a lot of stress right now.

My weight fluctuated up 1.2 pounds this week. Of course this morning that 1.2 pounds was gone, so it just stuck around long enough to ruin my weigh-in for this week. (Sorry team!) Sometimes it feels like it's two steps forward and three steps back. I'm noticing a distinct pattern of my weight fluctuating up every third week which leads me to believe there may be a hormonal connection. I guess I always knew that happens, but it was interesting to see the pattern in writing and to know exactly what the cycle is (never been one to pay attention to that kind of thing before).

This week I will be focusing on staying on plan, drinking plenty of water, and adding some exercise back into the mix.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #9  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Congrats to our "losers" first off. WTG!

I'm trying an increase in calories this week. I'm not going to lie, it's a little scary, but I'm going to give it this week and next to see what this does for me. I'm eating 1400 cal/day and doing my workouts. To be honest, I'm not sure what else to do, so I'm really hoping this helps break my plateau.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #10  
mtiger

Wink

Shannon- Good plan. Stick with it for a while and see what happens. I know it is scary.

Bette- WOW!! Hope everything comes out okay for your loved ones. Tough week. You hang in there.

Lucky- I for one totally believe in the hormone theory. I have a tough time losing and definitely see patterns, although they seem to be changing lately. It gets really tough sometimes so i just keep doing the best that I can.

I was 183.4 today, up 1.5 from my lowest. I hope it is about to take a turn in the right direction. I want that 181 back again. Not to mention the 170's are screaming my name.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I GOT THE APARTMENT!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #12  
Believe it, be it

Ugh, looking like this upping of calories may have made me gain a pound... of course, this is just me jumping on the scale before Saturday's "official" weigh-in. But, still. I told myself, okay, just give it time. Fighting the urge to bring the calories back down...

Congrats JasonsLea!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #13  
mtiger

Wink

Shannon- That's right. Don't give in yet. Give it some time.

I am going nowhere. Hear me??? Nowhere!!! I am still in the 183's. I'm about to have a fit. I've got goals here that I need to reach. c'mon.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #14  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Shannon- That's right. Don't give in yet. Give it some time.

I am going nowhere. Hear me??? Nowhere!!! I am still in the 183's. I'm about to have a fit. I've got goals here that I need to reach. c'mon.
It's frustrating, I know! Seriously, plateaus stink.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #15  
Believe it, be it

Oh, forgot to mention that I bought the Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 cookbook last night! Can't wait to utilize some of the recipes! Going to be using truvia though in exchange for the splenda. Anyone else like Hungry Girl? She seems to have a lot of good stuff.