Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Congrats to RangerChic and me4life! You two are amazing!

I am stunned to be a runner up. Considering that I either gained or only lost a couple lbs in the past challenges, this is huge for me! How exciting!! I'm hoping that Summer Camp will get me to goal.

I've got a QOTD for folks, because I'm looking for some new options... what's your favourite thing to make for dinner?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 AM   #17  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Shannon. Congratulations to you. Your hard work has paid off.

And a big Thank You to both Dixie and Cindy. You both did a great job.
Your hard work was really appreciated.

I couldn't get on to post my weight yesterday, as I couldn't get on as usual, and forgot where I put Dixie's email. But unfortunately I would have been posting a big gain.

Answer for the QOTD...I will never again where anything big and baggy in an effort to hide everything, and blend into my surrounding.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:29 AM   #18  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

CONGRATULATIONS SHANNON!!! Way to go...I agree with previous poster...you need to update your photo!!

Thanks to those who are organizing the summer challenge...I need it and boy am I glad we get to continue with all the support from our BL friends!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #19  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

ugh...i have been having such trouble posting lately..I don't know if it's my computer or this site!! I am going to post 2 small posts because I am tired of typing long posts just to have them freeze and disappear!!

Clothing I will not wear again
Anything oversized that I THOUGHT hid the extra bulk. How we try to fool ourselves!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #20  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Ok, tried to update avatar, but it wouldn't allow me to upload a new pic. I'll try again tonight.

Thanks again everyone, you all are great!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #21  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharm View Post
And a big Thank You to both Dixie and Cindy. You both did a great job.
Your hard work was really appreciated.

I couldn't get on to post my weight yesterday, as I couldn't get on as usual, and forgot where I put Dixie's email. But unfortunately I would have been posting a big gain.
You're very welcome.

I didn't drop anyone this week, I gave anyone who didn't weigh-in a free pass once I checked to make sure it wouldn't change who won. The tech problems we've been experiencing are very unusual and I felt that it was the fairest thing to do. Again if you ever need it the e-mail is "dee.in.the.sun (at) gmail.com" (Take out the spaces, and change the (at) to @)

Does anyone know who dresses Allison Sweeney? I want that dress she wore on the BL finale last night. Who sponsor the BL makeovers? I thought it was Macy's but the dress wasn't online there.

The prednisone hasn't made me gain yet, but it sure makes me manic. Here's what I did this morning BEFORE getting ready for work:

Ran 2 miles. Incline intervals on the treadmill.
Unloaded dishwasher
Made lunch for DH
Packed lunch for me.
Made deviled eggs.
Roasted some squash (added to lunch).
Made new zucchini recipe for dinner.
Made 2 turkey meatloafs (dinner and leftovers).
Made double batch of Cheerio cinnamon pecan mix
Laundry
Reloaded/Ran dishwasher
Emailed BIL about introduction to a co-worker (any single women out there, he needs to meet people LOL)

That's all before I hopped in the shower, and doesn't include playing in/out with the dog and cat or talking to (at) DH. Too bad this is only a 5 day supply, or I could take over the world.

Or at least re-organize it.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #22  

Here's the pictures we had taken in April. I'm slightly behind in getting them posted.

Well, it looks like your only going to see one picture. Darn it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeff___Dee email sized.jpg (18.8 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by dixied; 05-13-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #23  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

You are so darn cute Dee.

I'm in again.I'm Zinke, a 33 year old SAHM of nearly 5 year old twins. I cannot believe they start kindy soon. Where has the time gone? I was a Blue member last time around and started out with quite the bang. Then I missed a weigh in and got the boot. It was around that time that my commitment started to falter. The good thing is I haven't GAINED any weight. I've been floating around the same 2-3 pounds for at least 6 weeks. Ugh.

I'm not typically an exerciser at all. My best friend lives in GA and she will be home to visit in September. We have decided we are going to go run the Labor Day Mackinaw Island 8 mile run. I started training last week. I now have something to look forward to and I don't want to let her down so I am hoping that will help keep me encouraged when my own motivation wanes.

Speaking of which it is time to get off the computer and go hit the road while DH is entertaining the kids.

I am glad to be part of another challenge.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #24  

Thanks.

I forgot to answer the QOTD: What's your favourite thing to make for dinner?

Usually whatever is fastest to be finished, DH gets home 3 hours before I do so I have to hussle to get dinner ready before he starves. The idea crosses my mind occasionally that he could cook, but since that invovles pizza usually, not a good plan with weight loss.

Tonight that will be turkey meatloaf, zucchini and _________. Possibly mashed beans with wasabi.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

QOTD: Favorite dinner

I went vegetarian back around Christmas so unfortunately dinner around here is really varied. For myself though I think my favorite is stir fry. Tofu, carrots, onions, broccoli, peppers, any other random veggies on hand. A quick sauce peanut sauce or sesame ginger. Usually with whole grain noodles or sometimes rice.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #26  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

QOTD - Favorite Dinner? I am in such a rut for dinner. Lately we have been BBQing burgers. Need to sit down and come up with some good dinners from the WW cookbook I have gathering dust in the cupboard.

Dixie - Ok I am exhausted just reading what you did already. Hope you were able to have a slower day at work. What a nice picture. You really take a great picture. Your hubby is pretty handsome also.

Zinke - ahh almost in Kindergarten, they grow up so fast. My middle child graduated from high school this last weekend. Our youngest is in grade 1. Time does go by way too fast.

Shannon can't wait to see a picture....Lets hope it works tonight.

Tanya - isn't this frustrating not being able to get on, and losing posts?

Anyways, I must run and figure out something for supper.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #27  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I was way too busy to post yesterday and way too depressed. My weight loss has completely stalled and it is very depressing. I should be losing this week, but nothing. My friend thinks I should eat more. I am going to try it. The thought freaks me out though. What if I gain???

Clothes----- Never, ever wear elastic waist, knit pants. Man they were ugly. So many people talking about better fitting clothes. I get compliments on my new wardrobe all the time. Yep, it's form fitting. I fianlly have a form to fit.

Dinner- Schwan's popcorn shrimp, veggie mix and cottage cheese. Quick, easy and great on calories.

Coangrats to ALL losers from last time. Thank you to EVRYONE who lent a helping hand or gave encouragement. We are awesome!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #28  

Hi All,
Congrats to the biggest losers Ranger Chic and me4life, great job!

QOTD: Clothing I will never wear when I get to goal.
I am a person who only wears what I am comfortable in, so I have lots of jeans and slacks, sweatshirts and teshirts and sweaters. Maybe instead of giving them up I will start wearing some nicer clothes, and more skirts and nice dresses.

QOTD #2: My favorite dinner.
I guess I'll go with stirfry, it is a big favorite with my family, meat and veges, whatever I have on hand, served over either brown rice or WW noodles. i think for tomorrow I'll make it with chicken, fresh asparigus and morel mushrooms.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Bette K
Old 05-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 230/230/155

Height: 5'5"

Hello! My name is Kate and I'm 23 years old. This will be my first formal challenge on the forum...or ever, really. I've been "dieting" on and off for a year now and working out a few times a week if I'm lucky but still haven't seen results. So, I am hoping this will give me the push I need to really get started.

QOTD: Name an article of clothing that you will never wear again when you reach your goal weight?

Well, I would have to say, anything I wear that's an outer layer. for example, almost every day since last may when I purchased it, I've worn this short sleeved, black, zip-up hoodie that i refer to as "my skin." It isn't thick, so for some reason I have convinced myself it helps hide the muffin top. It's been beautiful the last few days but here I am wearing a long sleeved hoodie as we "speak". I just don't feel comfortable without it and I need that to change.

QOTD: Favorite dinners to make?
After watching Hebba and Ed on the Biggest Loser episode where they cooked Bob a meal I tried making those turkey lettuce roll ups and they were incredible. I don't remember the exact ingredients right now but I'm sure it can be googled or looked up in the Biggest Loser cookbooks. Its essentially lean ground turkey, spices, vegis - browned in a pan - placed inside of baby lettuce leaves and wrapped up like a burrito minus the fatty wrap.

Another meal is something we call "Hawaiian Chicken" around my house. You mix one can of cranberry sauce (with whole cranberries), a packet of onion soup mix, and a cup of lite Catalina dressing together. Smother the boneless skinless chicken with the mixture in a baking dish and bake at 350 for an hour or so. I should probably check the points on WW and get back to you about that.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #30  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Ok, I finally was able to upload something newer! This is a pic from Megacon back in March. So, it's pretty recent (I'm attaching the full pic for those interested).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg derrickme_mega09.jpg (32.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by RangerChic; 05-14-2009 at 12:43 AM.