3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Both Teams, Returning Teammates & Newbie Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/171498-both-teams-returning-teammates-newbie-chat.html)

RangerChic 05-21-2009 10:32 AM

Having some lower back pain (started yesterday post-Jillian's toning workout), but still pushed myself through my workout. Not sure that was a good idea, but I'm stubborn. :p

Soon2BFitChick 05-21-2009 01:46 PM

Good morning ladies!! :coffee: (Got up late bc I stayed up til 1am to finish the saved Idol finale. I'm an idiot bc now I'm tired.) :)

How are you today? I'm good. Very happy my treadmill is back in it's own place in my living room so I can be on it every time I watch something. Then I have no excuse for not getting my exercise in, except days which are sooo busy I can't even watch a 30 min show. :(

Down a little more and hoping for a few more before weigh in. After I posted starting weight I showed up another lb the next day. But I'm just letting that drive me. :woops: Still have lost enough to feel good about it tho! :dance:

I'm sooo excited because last night I finally got to watch TBL finale, lol, I know, wayyyy late. And it was so motivating. I wish I had all the finales on DVD!!!

Ok, question.... Is there an event or time coming up when you hope to be down a certain amount by that time? (I'm not stopping because I make it there. It's just a stepping stone.) :dancer:

I hope to be at 197 by last weigh in for this challenge. If I see it's not happening (you can only control what you do and eat, your body decides the rest) then, I expect at least 199. :goodscale:

I hope to be at 187 by my anniversary, Oct. 9, 2009. It'll be 13 yrs. :cheers:

I hope to be at 177 by my birthday Dec. 9, 2009. :woo:

Oh, and I am going to go ahead and change my ticker as I lose; was going to wait til weigh ins but need to see it there!! :goodscale:

Have a great day!!! :broc:

Hugs, Selina :hug:

Newshinyme 05-21-2009 07:30 PM

I am not sure I will get to my pre-challenge goal weight of 172, so I will be posting SW tomorrow and that will give me an extra couple of days for the first WI.

Selina: I am so happy for you, seems like yo finally found your groove. You go girl!

As for your question:

question.... Is there an event or time coming up when you hope to be down a certain amount by that time?

I don't have a specific number in mind, but DH and I are planning to start a family this year. I guess I'd like to lose at least 10 more lbs before we start trying.

Also, we are hoping to go to a beach vacation this November. I would like to be able to wear a swimsuit confidently and not feel like I have to hide my body.

Soon2BFitChick 05-21-2009 07:54 PM

Where are all our Summer Challenge people?? Is there a thread everyone is on? Or none of our new ppl and lots of our returning ones just aren't posting right now?

I'll be glad when we start the challenge!!! :woops:

Hope you all are having a nice evening so far, I'm about to wash dishes then go get on the treadmill. The kids are at baseball practice with dh so should get some good time in!!! :strong:

Bye for now, Selina :hug:

Soon2BFitChick 05-21-2009 07:55 PM

New, that's great! It'll be the best thing you ever do, becoming parents. :bb: Awww!!! I love babies!!! :dance:

Also, working toward your vacation is a good motivator too. :swim:

Ok, bbl!

willow650 05-21-2009 08:27 PM

I think I am really ready to start this Challenge on Monday. I have been ff the wagon for the last couple of months but I am really proud that I maintained all my weight loss. My daughters are out of school as of today, my ankle is better (still swollen and bruised but not hurting) So no excuses not to hit the gym come Monday except talking myself out of it. I hope I don't do that. The weather here in Fl for the last week or 2 have been HORRIBLE but the rain let up today and I went for a 2 mile walk.

suzie42 05-21-2009 09:11 PM

Heya!

I've been busy trying to get caught up with homeschooling today with my youngest. (10) We're trying to get done within the next week or two for the summer. My oldest is finishing up his freshman year in HS tomorrow. ...can't believe it!

I got up and worked out this morning for an hour, and then I'll be doing my evening walk here soon with DH.

Once I don't have to worry about school for the summer, I'm going to kick it into high gear because then all I have to worry about is work.
Speaking of babies, I've been working at home making cloth diapers since 1999, when I wanted to cloth diaper my youngest and the diaper service went out of business :)
So at least I can set my own hours with that and fit in a work out when I feel the urge! I usually get most of my work done at night when everyone goes to bed, but I've been trying to get more sleep intead of running on empty and tons of coffee! :coffee2:

Have a great night everyone!

Suzie

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...2/140/204/.png

mtiger 05-21-2009 10:36 PM

Red rockets?? Kind of summery.

Shannon- you sound just like me. I work throught the pain often. Tonight my thighs were killing me. Oh well. I also miss it when I can't get outside for a good run.

Willow- I am jeolous of your children. I want to be done with school too. I have 2 more weeks to teach. Well, 7.5 days, not counting tomorrow. i can't wait for summer. :cool:

Got new capris today. 3 pair size 14, 14's you hear me. And..... one size 12. WTH???? I'm in shock. Did WATP tonight. Will do 5k tomorrow with workout buddy. Tomorrow is weigh-in for me. :dizzy:

Kelleigh 05-21-2009 10:56 PM

Hello all. I'm back along with all but 2 of the pounds I started with:(.

I just plum quit and I'm so mad at myself for it. I hope to help my team out this time and not let you guys or myself down again. I'll be visiting my inlaws this weekend, but they live in a wonderful area for walking. I quit my food journal and I'm trying to decide to either start that up again or maybe join weight watchers.

So here I am starting again, but that's better than doing nothing anymore.

practiceliving 05-21-2009 11:11 PM

Hi ladies! (Do we have any gents this time?)

I'm getting back on track after an only-just-barely-OP week last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick (Post 2751037)
Down a little more and hoping for a few more before weigh in. After I posted starting weight I showed up another lb the next day. But I'm just letting that drive me. :woops: Still have lost enough to feel good about it tho! :dance:

Selina - congratulations girl! Sounds like things are going smoothly for you so far. I have to say it is SUCH a treat to have you back - I missed your enthusiasm so much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick (Post 2751037)
Ok, question.... Is there an event or time coming up when you hope to be down a certain amount by that time?

Well I have to go get my wedding dress fitted at the end of August, so I'd like to be at my goal (175) by then! After the wedding (October) I want to re-evaluate to see if that's a weight I'm happy at. If I am, great! If not, I might set another goal of 10-15lbs. Once I'm at a weight I'm happy with, I want to maintain for a year and then start thinking about babies! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newshinyme (Post 2751450)
I don't have a specific number in mind, but DH and I are planning to start a family this year. I guess I'd like to lose at least 10 more lbs before we start trying.

Also, we are hoping to go to a beach vacation this November. I would like to be able to wear a swimsuit confidently and not feel like I have to hide my body.

Those are both great goals!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiger (Post 2751659)
Got new capris today. 3 pair size 14, 14's you hear me. And..... one size 12. WTH???? I'm in shock.

WOO HOO! :carrot: Congrats on the NSV!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelleigh (Post 2751676)
Hello all. I'm back along with all but 2 of the pounds I started with:(.

I just plum quit and I'm so mad at myself for it. I hope to help my team out this time and not let you guys or myself down again. I'll be visiting my inlaws this weekend, but they live in a wonderful area for walking. I quit my food journal and I'm trying to decide to either start that up again or maybe join weight watchers.

So here I am starting again, but that's better than doing nothing anymore.

Kelleigh - 2lbs less is 2lbs to be proud of, and you are right that it is better to start over and focus on healthy habits than to just do nothing.

I'm doing WeightWatchers Online, if you want to ask me any questions about it. I had a really hard time joining WW but now I'm loving it.

aangel22 05-21-2009 11:22 PM

Little NSV...my 14's that I got the other month are loose!! I haven't even worn 14's in 4 1/2 years before this! Next time I get to Walmart, I may try on 12's...which I haven't worn in at least 5 or so years! I can't believe they are loose. This is so surreal. :D

Soon2BFitChick 05-22-2009 12:56 AM

Thank you Marianne. I've missed you too! I love being here so I really don't know why I stop coming when I'm not losing (or gaining). :( I'm an idiot. :dizzy:

I will be glad when we officially start so our team threads can begin. And we can all chat more with all the newbies and returning members. Yay!!! Get to know our little blue family. (and red team to know theirs too!) :cheer:

Well, goin to sleep now, ttyt,

Hugs, Selina :hug:

me4life 05-22-2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aangel22 (Post 2751710)
Little NSV...my 14's that I got the other month are loose!! I haven't even worn 14's in 4 1/2 years before this! Next time I get to Walmart, I may try on 12's...which I haven't worn in at least 5 or so years! I can't believe they are loose. This is so surreal. :D

i know what you mean its been 7 years since i wore 14's :carrot:

MonteCristo 05-22-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtiger (Post 2751659)
Red rockets?? Kind of summery.

I like this one too!

zinkemomx2 05-22-2009 09:34 AM

Morning everyone. This last week has been busy. The kids graduated from preschool last night and they are so excited that they can now claim kindergartner status.

My morning has totally sucked though. I started to make my breakfast and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and splattered myself with hot oil/water. OUCH! Then when I went to make DD's eggs I knocked the bowl onto the floor. What a mess. But I have eaten my breakfast and will be leaving for my run shortly. Hopefully I can get a little further than my last few times out. It is a beautiful sunshiny day here. :sunny: