Old 02-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #76  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know I am sick with a sinus infection and I have been in bed! I posted my weight. Hope we win this week! Go Red!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #77  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Got in my first workout of the month - 3 miles on the TM. Went right before the gym closed but I got it done. And I feel a million times better. Also grocery shopped today and got some good food for the week. I am hoping February is much better than January!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

WTG cakses! So much better than sitting around eating and drinking junk and watching the football! Ah well, tomorrow is a new day! Bring it on February!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #79  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Saturday, I put Leonidas down.

I took him to the vet that morning and we found out that his bottom half was paralyzed. No amount of surgery would have helped him gain use of his legs again. Susie asked me if I wanted to take him home but after the doctor told me that basically his only option was to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, I knew what I had to do. How could I let him go through life never bounding through the grass again? Never playing fetch or tug of war? I couldn't let him become a vegetable because I wanted to be selfish. Mentally, I took a knife and dug a piece of my heart out. I looked him in the eyes as they gave him the shot. It was over so quickly, less than a breath. I held him and prayed that he knew how much I loved him and that I was sorry.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #80  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

JasonsLea - It is never easy when we as responsible pet owners have to make that VERY difficult decision. Know that you did right by Leonidas and that he is now pain free.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 02-02-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #81  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Mack and I spent our anniversary yesterday hiking Deep Creek Canyon to the hot springs. Easy 2.5 mile hike down much more difficult coming out.

The reward is soaking in the healing waters of the hot springs. We spent most of our time in the "Anniversary Pool".

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 02-02-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
Saturday, I put Leonidas down.
JasonsLea

That was a very brave decision for you to make and you made the right one. I hope you are okay - take care of yourself x
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #83  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Hiya Red Team!! Just wanted to pop in and say hi, been busy, actually had some work to do!! And then just busy with the kids. I hope everyone is doing good so far in the challenge. I'll have to go back and read posts and go see the weigh ins. I've been so so. But got back on track yesterday with working out. That's my biggest down fall. I do good and if I get side tracked for a day, it turns into two and so on. So as soon as I get back from dropping the boys off at school I go pop in a dvd. This morning I did TBL weight loss yoga. I really like that workout. This afternoon after I pick up my youngest I have a walk planned and tonight I'll ride my bike.

(((( Shari )))) I'm so sorry for your loss.

Talk to ya'll soon!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #84  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

CruiseCat~ beautiful view. What a wonderful anniversary gift to each other.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #85  
Uggg... I goofed again.

S/C/G: 200/200/120

JasonsLea - I am so sorry, take care of yourself.
CruiseCat - I wanna do that, it looks amazing! Believe me, there's nothing like that in flat ol' Indiana!

I just got off the treadmill. I did an hour and then a 5 minute cool down. I bought a Mio Motiva Petite watch yesterday and am doing the 3500 count down. It seems to be helping. I can set the watch for 3500 calories (equal to one pound of fat) and then tell it when I am exercising and it counts down to burning 3500 calories. Its awful complicated to me, but thank goodness the directions are in a small package. I put them in my wallet so I'll never be without them! I also bought ankle weights. I can't move a whole lost faster on the treadmill because I have a bum knee (that needs surgery which I have ignored forever), so I thought that the ankle weights would help. The package was 10 pounds and HEAVY! I can't believe I have lost two of those packages... its amazing!

I hope you all have a terrific week!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #86  
Starting Over

Shari - I am so sorry you had to put him down but it sounds like it was the most humane thing to do. Big *hugs* to you, it is never easy when we are attached to pets.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #87  
Starting Over

Happy Monday Red Team, don't forget to put your week 4 weights in! I also put a new challenge up last night so feel free to add yourself to that. Personally I am down 1.2 pounds for the week and I am thrilled since this week should be better on the exercise front!

QOTD: How are you doing so far in this challenge? Are you on track, behind, ahead? What can you do to be more successful these last 9 weeks?

I will go ahead and answer then I am out the door for work. I am .6 pounds behind where I *should* be so far for my goal of 150. I don't usually lose a uniform amount of weight each week - some weeks it will be in the 0-1 range, others will be in the 2-5 range. Since I was sick for over a month, I am not stressing over it. I'm just plugging along and adding in more cardio and weights from here on out to finish strong.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #88  
Be the change

QOTD: I feel great about my progress so far. I'm about half way to my challenge mini-goal. It think the best thing I can do to be successful for the next 9 weeks is to keep it up--counting calories, exercising more, keeping my stress level as low as possible, and getting enough sleep each night.

JasonsLea - My heart goes out to you! I know how hard it is to let go of a loved pet.

CruiseCat - What a fabulous anniversary! I'll have to look into taking my husband out that way.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #89  

QOTD: How are you doing so far in this challenge? Are you on track, behind, ahead? What can you do to be more successful these last 9 weeks?

I am slightly behind where I wanted to be at this stage but think it is very difficult to predict where I reasonably would be. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to my loss - some weeks I lose very little despite sticking to plan and exercising like a fiend. Other weeks, I lose more with seemingly less effort! I had hoped to be at 217 pounds at this stage and at todays' weigh-in was 219.25. Not far away and I think the slight increase this week of a quarter of a pound had a lot to do with TOM, stress and lack of sleep this week. As long as i keep progressing, I think that's the main thing. I am delighted with my results so far and am really keen to keep going. I think you learn more and more about yourself all the time, the further into this weight loss journey you go.

I am going to try and ensure I get to my bed at a reasonable time and get enough sleep despite what stresses life throws my way and stop letting little "treats" creep into my diet when I feel stressed and like I "deserve" it.

Last edited by MissVitality; 02-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #90  

CruiseCat - happy anniversary! Your photos are beautiful.