3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/158656-we-family-blue-team-chat-6-a.html)

GirlyGirlSebas 12-15-2008 07:50 AM

We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #6

Hi Bluesers! Happy Monday.

Does everyone plan on still coming here to chat in between challenges? I hope so. I've been enjoying lurking and having a peek into your lives and your weight loss journeys.

Technically, I'm on vacation this week. However, some system issues came up late last week that corrupted some of my work. Also, I've been scheduled for a new audit that begins next Monday morning, so I have preparation for that. With what's left of my days, I plan on starting my exercise plan again and preparing some healthy meals.

Today, my oldest has an orthodontist appointment - we're hoping that she gets to have the braces removed today - and my youngest has a Brownie's caroling event at the retirement home. Busy, busy.

Have a great on-plan day.

djay 12-15-2008 08:06 AM

Rhonda-Busy is good for weight loss! I'll be here chattinaway the pounds as long as someone chats back!

Am I the only one that is uneasy about not having any accountability this week! I know that I have been stocking up on wine for the holidays and have several wonderful bottles that I was dying to get into this past weekend...But I resisted because I was determined to end the challenge with some kind of a loss...or at least no gain! As soon as I weighed in this morning...the first thought I had was that I can have a glass of wine or 4tonight.:devil::devil::devil:Yikes

I'm ready to Party like its 2009!

dixied 12-15-2008 09:34 AM

Morning Blue chicks!

Rhonda - I don't plan on going anywhere between the challenges. I don't know if the PTB (Chelle/Melissa) plan on combining the team threads during the break or not, but I will be posting. I learned my lesson between the challenges last time, I gained 6 pounds. I'm hoping to at least maintain, if not lose between now and the 5th. Mostly becuase I'm switching to a new scale and it's about a half pound higher.

djay - you should enjoy your wine, just remember moderation.

me - I did three last chance workouts this weekend. I really pushed myself on the treadmill, and now my personal best for a 5K is 37:59. I almost started crying, I was so happy to be under 38 minutes. I eeked out another pound, so I ended up at 166, which is 16.5 pounds lost this challenge. I'm thrilled. :carrot:

scarahjs 12-15-2008 11:00 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

So today is our final weigh in. Good luck everyone! I only lost 6.5 pounds I think. At least is was better then a gain. Can't wait to see everyone in the next round of TBL.

mountain mama 12-15-2008 11:17 AM

Hey guys!
I was originally gonna complain about how my weight is weirdly going up by a couple tenths of a pound each day this week,even though i've been POP and working out. Then i did a tally of how much weight i lost this challenge and it's 30 pounds on the dot! I guess i can't complain lol

I will def be sticking around.. maybe we can arrange some sort of little game to keep accountability going while waiting for the challenge :)

dla 12-15-2008 11:31 AM

Good morning everyone. I just realized that today was my last WI for this challenge. I apologize for not chatting much during the challenge, but it has been a very busy fall for me. Thanks for letting me be on the "team".

I didn't quite make my goal, but I can't complain about the 32.5 pounds that I lost during the challenge.

Thin4Good 12-15-2008 12:23 PM

I haven't weighed in yet today. I don't think I will even have a loss this week though.

I have been feeling so lazy. I've had a cold for a couple of weeks now and I am having a hard time making myself go run. I really need to get on that though because I am running a 10K on January 3! I want to start running with my local meetup group but they keep doing things I can't possibly keep up with.

Lovely 12-15-2008 12:32 PM

Hi Everyone :)

Last note at the end of the challenge. My final results are kinda sad. :lol:

After 13 weeks, I've only lost 1.4 lbs from my challenge starting weight. We'll see about how that works out for me in the future...

Oh well, at the very least the group kept me accountable through a very trying time. And while I didn't do nearly as well as I'd hoped, I'm just happy that I haven't gained. :)

Good Luck Everyone!

:grouphug:

chellez 12-15-2008 12:37 PM

Afternoon everyone.

I'll definitely be setting up a between challenges thread after tomorrow.

As for me I'm on day 7 of my no fast food/on plan kick and I'm so glad I was able to make it through the weekend. I can't tell how much I may have lost (I don't get my new scale til Christmas morning) but my pants are feeling more loose. :D

dixied 12-15-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2498158)
After 13 weeks, I've only lost 1.4 lbs from my challenge starting weight. We'll see about how that works out for me in the future...

:grouphug:

But you gained a husband. That's got to count for something.

angeline 12-15-2008 01:52 PM

Hi BLUE

yes, it's our last weigh-in/day of the challenge. boohoo!! i'm down to where i was prior to T-day so a total of 7 lbs lost for moi! i'm just happy that i'm going down AND that the holidays haven't rolled over me.

and a big ol' congrats to you fauxtini!!! you did great! i did see another 32 lb loss - that's crazy good!! i bow down!!!

while the challenge is over, my weight loss journey continues! and i have to remember that. i took a break over T-Day...don't need another break for an end of challenge, ya know?

sorry for not posting personals here, i read them over but now my mind is all confused who said what and i'm on the library computer checkin' in.

i did have 2 amstel lights last night after my intense weekend yoga training while watching the steelers eek past baltimore - so i can relate to wanting some wine!

my yoga teacher training was amazing!! i'm so ready to start teaching...and that confidence is what i wanted most from the training...SCORE!

my computer/internet is down at home. ugh! soon i must dash and get to the dentist. ugh, ugh!

workouts have been good - intense yoga saturday and sunday with zumba this morning.

calories have been good - coz ya can't eat while in training from 8-6pm with mini breaks where people munch on grapes (HA!), although we did get an hour for lunch but when you know you have to back and do yoga, well, i skipped the burgers!

anyway, i'll check in when i can - either from home or the library!

Lovely 12-15-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixied (Post 2498170)
But you gained a husband. That's got to count for something.

:rofl:

I guess if we look at it that way, I gained 240 lbs! :eek: ;)

Thin4Good 12-15-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2498336)
:rofl:

I guess if we look at it that way, I gained 240 lbs! :eek: ;)

:lol: that is what I was thinking too!! :p

I went to my running meetup tonight. I haven't weighed in yet, but as soon as DS gives up the Wii I am all over it! I feel thinner already. :)

Doragone 12-16-2008 02:44 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Well Beloved Bluesers

We've come to the end of another journey - with another one waiting in the wings of a new year . . . looking forward to being back in the groove. I've let my guard down with the understanding it's back to business in 2009. Maybe not the wisest move - but it's my move for now.

Finished the baby quilt, it's down below along with my progress pics. Though I only lost about 8 lbs this challenge, I firmed up quite a bit so I'm encouraged that this next challenge will show even more of the "real" Dora.

DH birthday on Friday and I'm working on a couple of pair of fleece shorts for him - that's what he likes to kick around in - in the house. I need to get busy on those and the chocolate cake he requested.

I also just got the pattern for making slippers - one of the new products I hope to make for next year's craft fairs, along with some other jewelry projects I just found.

Off to see the naturopath tomorrow in Eugene, such a busy time - I know for all of you too. Well, it's been fun, but I gotta run . . .

See you in the next chat . . .

Dora

djay 12-16-2008 07:23 AM

Wow Dora! You have made great progress. The side view is really dramatic. You are loosing right where you needed to. For most people taking a break for a few weeks is a problem...but I have total faith that you will be fine. You are Super Dora!

Dixied-I think I will have some wine this weekend. I have a few friends comming over and it's time for me to let my guard down...just a tad.

I tried so hard to get to the 30lb lost mark for the challenge...but just couldn't get the weight off so ended at 28.8 lost.
Wouldn't you know...this morning the scale finally moved and I hit the 30 lb mark....ERGH...Oh well it still feels good even if it doesn't help the team's numbers.

This challenge has been so great. I have learned so much and been so inspired by so many of you. I started out as a true couch potato. You all have kept me excersising long enough that I actually look forward to it every day. To be honest...I'm not sure that didn't save my life. I have'nt been this healthy in 25 years.

Thank you Bluesers!

DJ

Thin4Good 12-16-2008 08:36 AM

Dora that is some amazing progress! I wish I had taken progress pics in a bathing suit! Mine are either in my undies or fully clothed. ~great job on the quilt! :)

djay- a 28.8 lb loss for the challenge is awesome!!! Congratulations on the 30 lbs too!!!

I want to be in the 160's when the next challenge starts!!

dixied 12-16-2008 10:09 AM

Again I'm a pound lighter on Tuesday. 165 this morning. That leaves 20 pounds to go until I hit the "healthy" weight range. And 1 pound to go until I weigh less than I've weighed in the almost 7 years I've worked here. I'm hoping to start the next challenge at 160, but a 1.6 pound/week loss might be too much to ask over the holidays.

djay - I agree that it's becuase of this challenge that I now have the habit of going to the gym everyday. I was walking before, most mornings, but increasing the intensity and adding weight training has mad a huge difference.

Dora - Your pictures look great! Are the slippers fabric or yarn?

I broke my holiday goodie fast yesterday. I think making it to Dec 15th without any treats is pretty good. I had a half inch piece of cheesecake bar, and a coffee/chocolate truffle. I think I'm good til next year. Our clients and consultants haven't sent the goodies this year. Tough economic times are good times for my "bottom line". :D

suitejudyblueeyes 12-16-2008 10:20 AM

Dora! What wonderful progress!! It looks like you have dropped 20lbs, not just 8 :eek: I am so happy for you! And the quilt is adorable :)

dixie - you are amazing. You are so consistent, so strong in the face of holiday treats! Way to go on all you've achieved so far!!

I miss chatting with you ladies in here and have signed up for the next challenge. Hopefully some benevolent soul will stick me on Blue even though I dropped out one week too soon to have the right to claim my team. I've been back OP for nearly a week and have seen 4lbs of what I gained go away - now to work on the next 3 to get back to my lowest recent weight. Hopefully I can do that before the start of the next challenge so I can really work on making good, honest progress.

scarahjs 12-16-2008 12:01 PM

Good job everyone for the Challenge. Congrats Djay for being the biggest loser on the Blue Team!!!

I'm hoping next challenge to lose more then I did this time around.

mountain mama 12-16-2008 12:43 PM

hey guys!
Big huge congrats to djay on being the biggest loser! you rock!! :)
I think all this christmas prep and cold weather ( finally had a big snow here last night) is making me miss canada and home and my dh and all that stuff. It's making me crave all the comfort foods. I have been staying on plan.. but not POP. I'mnoteating my usualy best choice foods.. but at least not eating the worst foods. Im slacking I guess is the point of this.
I can't let myself go. Im so proud of that 30 pounds lost and really wanna be at at least 212 by March 15th.
I usually dont get all weird at christmas.. but i do feel a bit lonely. im ok.. still smiling tho! hehe

Dora! You look amazing :) What a difference in your body! congrats :)

djay 12-16-2008 06:19 PM

Thanks scarhjs and Abby!

Congratulations Abby! I was sure you had this one! I forget about the percentage thing...Gosh there wasn't much of a difference in out percentages either! This was awfully close after 13 weeks.
And don't be down! You have done so well! I'm sure you will meet or even exceed your goal. You are such a go getter! You will rock the next challenge even bigger than you did this time! Your hubby is going to be so proud when he gets home!

And thanks to all the Bluesers who inspired me to hang in there, excersise and stay out of Starbucks!

Wow! What an honour

mountain mama 12-16-2008 06:50 PM

Thanks Djay:)
I'm all good... winter blues must be hitting me! hehe But nothing a littl work out won't fix.. right? Tell a workout is a better option than wendys.. lol

All of the blue team totally rocked this challenge! we one soo many of the challenges! we are definitly a dream team :)

dgramie 12-16-2008 08:37 PM

sorry guys i didnt make the weigh in deadline. My brother had wls last monday and he had to be reopened up on friday and i had to go and be with family. We almost lost him.He is far from being out of the woods..he is on dialysis and a vent. He is showing signs of slow improvement.
I didnt do as well this challenge and have decided to set the next one out. I have so much going on with my daughter wedding in late feb. Hugs and good luck to everyone!! I will be OP even though im not joining the challenge.

sportmom 12-16-2008 10:56 PM

Oh no, DGRamie, I'm so sorry to hear that. Please keep us posted on your brother and his progress. Know that we are all thinking of your family and wishing the best for him.

GirlyGirlSebas 12-17-2008 12:04 AM

Dgramie, I'm so sorry to hear about our brother. I hope he begins to heal quickly.
Djay - Congratulations on being the Biggest Loser!
Jamie - The Blues just wouldn't be the same without you.

Speaking of Biggest Loser...I wish I could bottle the inspiration and determination that I feel each time I watch the finale show. I need to make some serious changes in the way I'm approaching this whole weight loss deal. Obviously, my approach doesn't work very well.

I can't wait for the next challenge to begin. Did anyone see the blurb on the show about signing up for a pound for $ food bank contribution? This might be some great incentive to stay on-plan and help a worthy cause.

practiceliving 12-17-2008 01:00 AM

Dgramie - my thoughts are with you and your family. Wishing your brother a speedy recovery.

Djay, blanna and faux - CONGRATS on being the top 3 bluesers this round! What great examples you are for all of us.

Jamie - glad to see you sticking your head in.

Rhonda - I feel the same way about the finale! How motivating!

So this challenge was a small success for me - 5lbs down overall. Now I'm back to my "old" highest weight of 209.

My fiance and I were talking tonight about New Year's resolutions and we've decided to start on our weight loss goals on THURSDAY! We're going to start going to the gym together 3 times a week. :) We work really well as a "team", so I think this is a great plan. My goal now is to lose 30lbs by our wedding in October, but focusing on it just 5lbs at a time. I can totally lose 5lbs six times! ;)

It's been a blast to be your teammate for the last 12 weeks, ladies. I can't wait for the next challenge! Only a couple of weeks to go!

JoyfulVegGirl 12-17-2008 05:50 AM

Hello ladies!

Well, I can't believe this challenge is over. Glad you're still all on here to chat. Like a lot of you, I'm really trying to focus this week so that I have at least a small loss before the next one. My work schedule has been all over the place, and I'm still getting in exercise, but my eating has been sub-par. I need to come up with a new plan, and more than that, I need to get my butt in gear and start losing consistently.

dgramie, so sorry to hear about your brother :( I also hope he begins to recover soon :hug:

djay, WOW, congratulations on being the biggest loser!!! I have been so impressed by your dedication, and your progress this challenge has been inspiring :)

Did I mention you're awesome? :D

Abby, I agree with djay, you have done an AMAZING job. Your energy and focus is contagious, and I'm glad I was on your team :D 30 lbs lost is incredible. You should be so proud of how far you've come!

Dora, love your progress pictures. I agree, I would have guessed that you've lost a lot more. You look great!

Well, the plan for today is to go for my run and then get some weight training done after work. I'm trying to mix things up to get the scale moving again. I want to see the 140's!

I'm excited for the new challenge. If I push myself, I could be at goal by the end of it. It's totally do-able.