We Are Family - Red Team Chat #6

You're on Page 3 of 19
Go to
  • Evening chickes. I've been offline - sorry! Power has been out for over 24 hours from this. But the batteries in my scale are working!

Woke up this morning to look out the window, and make sure it wasn't raining too much for me to go for a run. It wasn't so I did. But it turned into an obstacle course, trying to stay on my feet in slippery mud, jumping fallen logs and ploughing through water - and that was just on the concrete paths!

Need to clean up some branches in the backyard, and vacuum the floor now that the power is back on.

Cheers!

Ruth
  • I had a good weigh in this week. I hope I can keep it up this week. I really want to lose before the holidays. I am getting a little nervous about all the food I am going to be around.
  • I'm sad to say that I had to use one of my freebies this week. I didn't do too horribly while I was out of town, but I did eat a lot more salt then usual, and I didn't drink any water, so I think the extra pound I picked up is just water weight. It seems like I always get a bit stuck in the middle of each "decade" of weight. 185, 175, now 165. I really wanted to be out of the 160s by Thanksgiving, but I don't see how I'm going to manage it.

We had a good time visiting. We went to see the final homegame of Angie's team. Unfortunately it was absolutely freezing (it took 2 hours to thaw out afterwards) and the team was AWFUL, but we did get to visit and hang out, so it wasn't a total loss.

ETA: I went ahead and posted a new thread for this weeks exercise challenge.
  • Awful storm Primm. Glad you were safe.

Well, today is weigh in for everyone. Don't forget to get your weight recorded by this evening.
  • getting ready for work so just a quick note--even though we were gone all week-end and not totally OP still lost a little--yaay! Down to 184.4, so I'm happy. Will come back tonight after work and read and reply!

TTYL
  • Quote: I think I read where someone had gotten Jillian's Wii game. How is it?
    I have the Jillian game, it's much more of a workout if you DONT use the balance board....i havent tried all the workouts (has weight loss, strength training, hill intervals, and one other category, but i can't remember it.
    It def gets your heart rate up depending on the workout it gives you, and i'm still getting used to the run between every mini workout. (you run, then do an activity, then you run again, then another activity, and repeats the running and different activities till the time is up - you can choose from 5 minutes up to 45 minutes, maybe longer...can't remember).

Quote: I've been busy around here - baths for both dogs before I went to swim - the silly lab loves the water and also the bathtub but only on her terms. I must have lifted her back into the tub a dozen times - all 100 pounds of her. I was able to get both of them nice and soft - we'll see how long that lasts. I was even able to get some new pics of them in their holiday collars (attached). Gracie is the yellow lab and Gypsy is a labradoodle.
    Love the pics!! I def understand about picking up a 100# lab in and out of the tub during bath time luckily our girl is only about 70# and she loves the bathtub so there's no jumping in and out. but our 100# boy isnt much for the sprayer in the tub or outside. lol he likes pools and other bodies of water, just not the spraying kind from the waterhose

Quote:
    ETA: I went ahead and posted a new thread for this weeks exercise challenge.
    Thanks for the new exercise challenge....I really need to get back into gear. I did most of my wii workouts this past week, but need to bump it up more with other activities....
    Sorry i've been MIA. I've been looking for a ball gown to wear to the battalion ball we have to go to next month, and i'm super excited and nervous all at the same time, since this will be my first ball. and want to find a great dress. and my acct 2 class starts next monday...and we're planning for thanksgiving and then trying to make plans for our trip back to GA to see family for christmas break and make everyone happy, which i know from past exxperiences wont happen...but again, we will try our best. lol
    well i've had my breakfast, and i'm planning on doing my wii fit workout and some WATP, it's been a while. and maybe pop in the jillian wii game afterwards for a extra workout. i'd love to get out of the 130s before December gets here
  • Quote: Evening chickes. I've been offline - sorry! Power has been out for over 24 hours from this. But the batteries in my scale are working! Ruth
    Wow, Ruth... Terrible storms, indeed. I am glad that you weathered everything well and I hope all friends and family are okay.

So, I had a decent weigh-in. 3 more pounds. I'll take it.

Don't forget to weigh in, everyone!!!!!
  • Back to 185. Too much salt yesterday and I missed my run. Had to go out to get groceries and DH had to leave for curling and I just ran out of time and motivation. Mad at myself but moving onto this week.

I have a military ball THIS Friday so I am going to be hitting the gym hard this week so I don't feel like I just gave up before a big event. I have a dress but it's actually BIG in the chest now, so I am going to have to pin it because I can't afford another dress right now. I want to look nice though so I am going to do all my cardio this week and my weights so I feel good about myself and it shows

Work is going to kick my butt this week but I am ready for it. I am coming down with another cold which I attribute to the Y and all the sick kids who come into the pool because I was fine before I worked on Saturday and Sunday. I am hoping it's just a minor thing and blows over by Friday.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Our military ball is Dec 4th...and I'm still trying to find the perfect dress for a good price Might try the goodwill shops in town and see what i can find.
    i'm so excited since this will be my first one.
    good luck and have fun at your ball
  • Thank you for posting the new exercise challenge, MonteCristo. They keep me on track.

A military ball sounds fun and you gals already have your Prince Charming so you can dance well into the morning without your carriage turning into a pumpkin.

All my exercise is done for today, supper has been eaten so now I have to take a shower and head out for choir practice. We're getting ready for our Christmas program. Maybe I'll decide to direct the choir very vigorously and get in another workout.

Gotta run. My shower is calling to me.
  • Well my weigh-in shows I stayed the same this week. In actuality, I gained 3 and then lost 3 TOM pounds. I was hoping to get down a little lower, but this body is being stubborn again. It likes to do that. Well I will just stick with it, eat right and workout. Someday I will see progress again.

Primm- Nasty stuff. Glad you're okay.

Monte- Glad you had fun.

Rain- You are making great progress.

Going now to check out the exercise challenge. I hope there are more than 4 people there. Come on everyone. We can all commit to a bit of exercise.
  • Quote: [COLOR=navy]
    Cats, your poor toe. Yes, it is probably a bit too soon for shoes. Have you tried marching in place barefoot? I was able to do that shortly after I broke my baby toe. It may be something you can do until you can get back into your shoes and walk, again.
    Thanks Rain, the foot is a bit better today. I wore my tennis' all day, limped a lot but tried to just suck it up and right now it's really not bad. I will try the march in place this evening with and without shoes and see how it goes!

Quote: Today, for the first time in a very long while, I exercised!

Both kids had games today. Always laundry to do. Always something to clean. Blah, blah, blah. I know you all know what I mean. But I made a point to lay out my workout clothes and then I just did it. 30 minutes on the tm. I feel so much better already.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.
    Yea Kelleigh!! Glad you're feeling better!

Quote: Evening chickes. I've been offline - sorry! Power has been out for over 24 hours from this. But the batteries in my scale are working!

Woke up this morning to look out the window, and make sure it wasn't raining too much for me to go for a run. It wasn't so I did. But it turned into an obstacle course, trying to stay on my feet in slippery mud, jumping fallen logs and ploughing through water - and that was just on the concrete paths!

Need to clean up some branches in the backyard, and vacuum the floor now that the power is back on.

Cheers!

Ruth
    Wow Ruth!! Glad ya'll made it through that okay. Is it spring or summer there? Today we had snow flurries off and on, didn't really stick, but the high temps here for the week are going to be mid 30's F/ 0-1 C I guess winter is upon us. The boys are already hoping for snow days, told them it's waaaay to early to start wishing that! Next week they have 2 half days of school then out for Thanksgiving. We're staying home for Thanksgiving this year. I"m cooking so I'll be in better control eating wise.
    Well I'm going to run. I hope everyone weighs in this evening and has wonderful WI's. LETS GO RED!!! Thanks MC for starting a new exercise thread, I'm going to head that way and make me a space, I'm determined to do something this week!!
  • Just popped back in to say, I was number 4 on the exercise challenge. Come girls and get over there and commit to a bit of healthy exercise. This is something we can all do. We are in control. :boxin g:
  • ][B]Wow Ruth!! Glad ya'll made it through that okay. Is it spring or summer there? Today we had snow flurries off and on, didn't really stick, but the high temps here for the week are going to be mid 30's F/ 0-1 C I guess winter is upon us. The boys are already hoping for snow days, told them it's waaaay to early to start wishing that! Next week they have 2 half days of school then out for Thanksgiving. We're staying home for Thanksgiving this year. I"m cooking so I'll be in better control eating wise.
    [/QUOTE]

We don't have Thanksgiving, thank goodness! Just one more "big meal" holiday that I don't have to worry about.

It's spring here still, going into summer in December. We haven't had a proper storm season for a lot of years, but it looks like this one is shaping up to be a doozy. 3 inches of rain in 20 minutes on Sunday!

Master 14 came home from school at 9:30 this morning. We knew the school was closed yesterday, but he got there today and even though it is officially open there is no power so they can't use the classrooms, and the tree loppers are cleaning up outside. So the kids were told that they would be in the hall all day reading, and if they had the option of going home they should take it. So he walked home because the buses weren't aware/running (3.5 km! About 2 miles). Oh well, do him good.

Off to join the exercise challenge.

Cheers!
  • Hi Red Team
    Things are sorta hectic here with making jewlery now and still trying to keep the polymer clay site going, so that's why I've been MIA.
    I'll try and get on here a little more. I do feel bad for being gone so much.

I actually lost a couple pounds this week so that was a nice change after doing so awful for so long. I hope I can keep it up.

congrats to all the losers and big hugs to those struggling....been there done that.

Debbie