Old 11-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good morning Bluesers!!! This weekend I didn't workout since I was baking (for other people) and cleaning the house. But I did OP so that makes me feel good. Plus I haven't been real hungry. I'm not sure if it is because I have a little sinus infection or what. I hope it continues, I hate having food cravings. Besides that not much has happened. Keep going everyone and remember to weigh in today!!! Have a great day!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #137  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Monday Blue Chickies! 8 weeks down, 5 weeks to go on this challenge!

Marianne - Ouch! I hope you're taking care of yourself, being injured sucks.

Dumplin - I hope that you find a speedy solution to your knee problem. My knees were wrecked from a head-on collision in 06, while I was recovering I tried swimming as my cardio. I'd ask your doctor first, of course. I know my gym also offers a no-impact water class, that might be an option.

Emily - I've got a 1/2 pound to go before I hit my halfway point too.

Dora - I'm weird I guess, the weeding sounds horrible, but playing in the muck doesn't sound too bad, as long as it isn't cold muck. It takes me forever to get back on track after a celebration.

Okay, I just got swamped, bbl.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #138  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Rainy and blah here again today, but I got up early and worked out anyway. Is it just me or is there a lot more aggressive squirrels in the world lately?

marianne, oh, ouch So sorry to hear about your fall. Good job on the 2 lbs lost, though! That is awesome.

Emily, woohoo!! Congratulations on being over halfway there!

Tammy, I am also sorry to hear about your knee problems I know how frustrating it can be, especially with the holidays coming up. Exercise is important, but I know that there are ways to work around it. I also second djay's Glucosamine and Chondroitin suggestion. I used to help manage a health food store and it's the one supplement I saw incredible results with. That stuff is amazing!

Djay, well, not addictive in the traditional sense, but your body can definitely become dependent on it. I always try to go for gentler, more natural sources of fiber if I can help it, although if you have absolutely no other choice it's better than nothing.

Dora, the last thing I would want is for you to feel disabled or left out Honestly, 30DS is fun, but ultimately we're all here for our health, and any positive steps you take towards being healthier in mind, body or soul should be celebrated. Just want you to know that you're appreciated here

Wow, sportmom, 5% is huge! Who needs the scale when you've got THAT?!

Crossing my fingers for a Blue win!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #139  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Dora-I totally understand about the whole birthday celebration thing. But be thankful you even get that, all I ever get is "Happy Birthday" and that's it.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #140  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I just took a peek at our weigh-in list. Doin' good this week ladies!
We have lots of losers and lots of maintainers, and no big gainers.

Now, let's talk about the numbers. We're down to 54 team members by my reckoning. Out of those, I can recognize about 32 by username. And by that I mean I can recall at least post or two a week by those team members. (Most of those 32 I know pretty well from your posts, I kept looking for your first names, not your user names. ) But where are our other 22 team members? At least 1/2 of them have really great numbers. Where are they? Why aren't they telling the secret to their success? Do you think they're too busy working out to talk to us? If you're out there lurking, please feel free to hop in and chat anytime. Just tell us how you're doing. Rant, rave, whatever. And if you aren't visiting this board/thread to get encouragement, I hope you're finding the support you need elsewhere. Losing/maintaining weight is hard enough, we shouldn't have to do it alone.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Dee, 32? Really? I was going to guess about a dozen regular posters. Which is fine, no one should feel forced to come, but lately, it's been feeling a little like the Dee & Dora show, kwim? (not really, I just like the way those 2 names sounded together!) But you know what I mean. There's about a dozen of us regulars. It's getting a little lonely . 8 posts today prior to yours and that's just sad!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Here I am! haha, I've never posted on this chat, but I am a blue team member. Losing fairly steadily so far, over 18 lbs during this particular challenge. This past weekend definitely was a struggle, but I pulled out a winner! I turned down pizza, beer, chicken strips, and Jack in the Box I was around, so overall victorious. :]
Anyway, hope we pull out a win for the week!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #143  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I just posted some progress pics!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...89#post2447189

I also registered tonight for a half marathon here in March!!

http://www.shamrockmarathon.com/
Old 11-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #144  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Emily, you look AWESOME! Congrats on halfway!

Sport - I would totally watch the Dee & Dora show.

I have been maintaing for a while now, but hey, I'll take it over gaining. Staying OP, and I know I'll see the results one of these days (or weeks, or months... ).
Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #145  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey B(losers)!!!

Saw all but one of my 13 clients today! And he was in the hospital from carbon monoxide poisoning, so I'll have to excuse him this time. The rest were glad to see me or oblivious to me (Alzheimer's) but the day went pretty well. As soon as I got home - I did the mucky job of replanting the fava beans - most of them were already sprouting right on top of the ground! Picked the very last of the tomatoes, cultivated the lettuce, shallot and garlic patches and called it a day. Tomorrow doctor and dentist, then the week is mine.

Doing a little better on eating, still not back in the full groove, but better. No exercise today and probably not tomorrow. DH is going with me so he can have an excuse to leave his mother's house after doing a few jobs for her. ("Gotta pick Dora up from the dentist. I'd love to stay and listen to your griping for another hour, but, well, you undestand.") I had hoped to get a perm after the doctor, but I guess that's not in the stars this week.

My youngest son (28) had forgotten my birthday card the night we went to Cantonese and gave it to me Sunday. It made up for all the other "not-so-good" stuff. Here's what he wrote: Dear Mom, I love you very much for all your kindness, caring, guidance, advice and love. Thanks for all your support and understanding. Then his live-in GF wrote: Dora U.R. like a mom I never had but always wanted. I'm so proud 2.B. part of UR world.

Blanna - So good to hear from you! You were BL a week or so ago! You've done so well, 18# this challenge and 62# overall!!! Tell us what your inspiration is or what gets you through the tough times. I'm having one of those "slips" right now and could use either a or a or something . . . anything. Do tell.

Emily - you have made great strides , but really . . . you have a chin, clavicles, a smaller waist, thinner thighs - WOW! Excellent job.

Well Dee - ready to go prime time? Thanks for the "vote of confidence" Jessica and Fran, nice to know you're there for us.

Tawny - sorry I whined. I do have it pretty good really. I think some of the girls had a pretty good idea - your birthday is about YOU, so we should just do something for ourselves and not expect anything else. That way, anything is a bonus. Sorry your dh is so self-absorbed.

Jennifer - you're so sweet, thanks for the note of appreciation. I was just down on myself, but I'm pretty much over it. Still, nice of you to encourage me in my efforts.

Rhonda - glad you're back on track and here for me, thanks for reminding me I too, can be encouraging to others.

Donna - thanks for giving me a boost of confidence too.

Dumplin' - how you feeling today?

Where's Jaime? and the other 50+ members, like Dee said, lend us some of your ideas - we're all ears here.

Well, gotta do the nursing notes and billing for today's visits. Hope to check in tomorrow to see another Blue Ribbon Week!!!

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 11-11-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #146  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Emily: You are awesome/look awesome! I think i've told you this more than once hehe
I must say you have TOTALLY motivated me with this half marathon thing.. and eventhough 13.1 is a scary number right now.. I trust these running programs and I totally am psyched to start this new one!
Im googling around for the right half marathon for me and im nervous/excited ( also think i've mentioned this to you on facebook hehe)

im excited to weigh in tomorrow. Even though I have barely had time to work out this week.. i have been REALLY carefull about my eating and hope the scale will bring me to my half way point tomorrow so I can post my first post in the mini goal section!

Also, DH and I have decided that as long as my visa status allows it, we will be headed to jamaica ( where he was born) for his R and R leave from deployment. Guess who is excited?! ME! I feels good to have something like this to plan together and look forward to together

and all that were talking about lack of posters... it sucks that everyone's not super active... but I hope everyone is stil working hard even if you aren't posting and wish i could have gotten to know more of you better! There's still time , lurkers! talk to me! hehe
That being said... I just want to say that im sooo glad I got to know so many new people on here that I didn't know before this challenge started You guys have all motivated me more than you know!

Wow! I am very sentimental tonite.. but I mean every word!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #147  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

aww! thanks guys!

Abby I am so excited that you will be doing this with me!! Did you get the link I posted on FB? http://www.marathonrookie.com/marathon-directory.html Maybe you can find one close enough.

I agree- 13.1 is scary, but we can do it!! In July I felt like 5K was impossible but I did it! (And so did you!)

Dixie: you are so close to halfway!! It's funny how so many of us are right there together!

Dora: What a sweet card!!!

Jessica: maintaining is definitely better than gaining!!! I usually maintain 2 weeks out of the month but it's ok! Bodies are strange like that.

Blanna: congratulations on beating temptation!!! Your hard work is really paying off! It looks like your Christmas goal is in the bag!

Jennifer- our squirrels are so bold! They really are terrifying! Sometimes they run right toward me. (yes I am afraid of squirrels!)
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Ladies, thank you SO much for all the TLC. My knees are on the mend, and after 2 days with two of my oldest friends, I am feeling refreshed and ready to start over again. Tonight I'm stressing about getting a paper written for school, and because my workplace was broken into over the weekend, but I feel like I can HANDLE it, instead of melting down!

I wish more of our team would check in - it doesn't take long to just come in and say hi!

Emily - girl, your pictures look amazing! Way to go!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Sorry team.....I had a 2 pound gain this past week but I have taken all the encouragement to heart and I am back on plan with the eating and drinking water. Exercise....I will get there.....I promise. We will be moving this weekend into a new to us home and I have next week off so I can unpack. My new doctor's appointment is next Tuesday and I plan on making plans to exercise every single day.....no exception because next week is a 'ME' week and I think it will help me to regain my focus. Thanks again for all the encouragment and again....I am sorry for the gain.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #150  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Emily- You look great! I am starting South Beach today actually so I may have some questions for you.

Dora- I'm here, I'm just having a hard time this time around. I'm still determined, I just lost my way for a little while. I started South Beach today and hope that it gives me the change/push I need. I miss you!!!

Well I've been having a bit of a rough time recently, but I have resolved to finding a different path on this weight loss journey. I started South Beach today in the hopes that a change in eating plan with jump start me back into my weight loss again. I needed a change in focus and South Beach will allow me to do that. I'm also going to try and post more so I can be held accountable.