Height: 5'7''

Red face We Are Family - Red Team Chat #5

Here we go Red team!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #2  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Yay! A new thread!

I hope everyone had a great Sunday. Mine was... Okay. I was on track, if a little toward the high end of on track. Blah. I didn't get my exercise done. No chance today as I couldn't get any time to myself.

My son is sick, but managed to drag his poor, sorry, virus laden booty into work, anyway. Sadly, employers are not too kindly disposed to their workers calling in sick, even if they have a sore throat, a fever and can't talk.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:19 AM   #3  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all!

The end of the holidays is in sight!!! WOOHOO! Only have today and tomorrow left.I'm going to try really hard to stay as OP as possible...

That cake? Ugh!! No way would I eat it!!! If someone brought it to the table I would probably heave...

What does WATP stand for?

My husband is sick and I am going nutso.. Looks like he's got what your son has, Rain, sore throat and fever. Hoping for a better week!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 AM   #4  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Red Teamies!

I'm dragging this morning. Last night I took some medicine for my sinus headache and I feel kinda crappy. And sleepy. I could deal with crappy, but feeling this sleepy is horrible...

Eny, please don't feel bad about not being able to find a job. It's really difficult right now. Remember we live in a state that has a nearly 10% unemployment rate. Do you ever try temp agencies? Sometimes you can end up with something permanent that way. Or at least long term. Hang in there.

Rain, I had a job like that years ago. They didn't want us calling off if we were sick. They wanted us to come in and give them the opportunity to send us home if they felt we were too sick to work. Your son is s trooper.

Miriam, WATP stands for Walking Away the Pounds. They are dvds by Leslie Sansone. They're great too.
Yeah, sometimes it's good to put the holidays behind you. They're great, but can tire you out. Oh and the food....

Well, I think I'm going to have a second cup of coffee and get ready for work. Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #5  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Gals. I've been behind of the personal chatting. Crazy week. Just weighed in and lost 2 which I know is good but it was more earlier this week then TOM decided to come Today is my last day for the 30 day exercise. I did all 30 days once I exericise this afternoon Have a wonderful week ladies!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 AM   #6  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

I thought I did so well last night, but i also know that TOM is coming very soon and that may have a play on my weigh in....but i only posted a .4 lbs gain, so it wasnt a total bust. and hope that i can keep at the workouts and get a loss next week despite TOM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Amany - I have worked w/ Temp agencies before. The problem right now is that DH & I want to leave Michigan... so going through a temp agency isn't the best idea for something concrete out of state. Oh and I HATE medicne head!

rain - that sounds AWFUL! your poor son. ugh!

Crazy - WTG on the exercise! I'm DETERMINED to get this weeks challenge BEATEN!

Mandey - your #.4 loss is still a loss! Great job! Just get your chores done, eat right and we'll get this!!!

Miriam - WATP= Walk away the pounds. It's a DVD series by Leslie Sansone. I love it! Although, i do get bored with it if that's all I'm doing. Sorry to hear about hubby being sick! They are the WORST!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Wow. I'm still grumpy I think. Or maybe just feeling asocial? Mostly, lately, I just feel like hiding. I'm trying to keep reading and pull myself out of this little slump that I just don't understand. Blah. I don't know how to keep ontrack when I'm feeling so just blah.

I did my first 5k this weekend, and even with my knee that had been acting up the previous week, I managed to pull out a 33:52. Great time for me but below my goal of 30 minutes. However, it was my first time running outside. My hubby blew me out of the water with a 30:39...and wow! Two 89 year old men beat me with 22 minute times. I really hope when I'm 89 I'm running 5ks and beating 30 year olds!

Hopefully this Monday morning finds everyone doing okay and we can all stick to a nice on plan week together. I should be coming here for more support, I know I should but really, I'm trying mostly to not just stay in bed with a pillow over my head. I do think the weekly allowance challenge will help! I really like that idea Mel!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #9  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
Wow. I'm still grumpy I think. Or maybe just feeling asocial? Mostly, lately, I just feel like hiding. I'm trying to keep reading and pull myself out of this little slump that I just don't understand. Blah. I don't know how to keep ontrack when I'm feeling so just blah.

I did my first 5k this weekend, and even with my knee that had been acting up the previous week, I managed to pull out a 33:52. Great time for me but below my goal of 30 minutes. However, it was my first time running outside. My hubby blew me out of the water with a 30:39...and wow! Two 89 year old men beat me with 22 minute times. I really hope when I'm 89 I'm running 5ks and beating 30 year olds!

Hopefully this Monday morning finds everyone doing okay and we can all stick to a nice on plan week together. I should be coming here for more support, I know I should but really, I'm trying mostly to not just stay in bed with a pillow over my head. I do think the weekly allowance challenge will help! I really like that idea Mel!
WOW 33:52 is awesome. I hope to be able to do that someday. I ran my fastest 5K yesterday 36:44. I can't imagine going any faster. You should be sooo proud of yourself!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies!!

I'm really happy with myself over how I handled the weekend. Saturday was our town's annual Chili Cookoff, where you wander up and down main street eating vats of chili, heaps of polish sausages, gallons of cokes, etc. I only had one polish sausage, and I stuck with water. So I stayed within my calorie limit for Saturday. Then Sunday was our church's 100th anniversary, so of course we had a huge barbeque meal. I did eat bbq, chips, and a bit of dessert, but I did sqeeze in right at my max calories, so it was all good!! Knowing that I stuck with my plan felt WAY better than eating extra could have ever made me feel.

I had a 0.6lb loss this week, which I am quite pleased with, especially since my exercise was rather lame. This week I'm kicking it back into gear, so look out week 6!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 10-20-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post

That is AWESOME! way to go on your first 5K! I remember when I walked my first one.. it was really awesome, but COLD! It was in January! YOu and hubby both had GREAT TIMES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Morning Ladies!!

I'm really happy with myself over how I handled the weekend. Saturday was our town's annual Chili Cookoff, where you wander up and down main street eating vats of chili, heaps of polish sausages, gallons of cokes, etc. I only had one polish sausage, and I stuck with water. So I stayed within my calorie limit for Saturday. Then Sunday was our church's 100th anniversary, so of course we had a huge barbeque meal. I did eat bbq, chips, and a bit of dessert, but I did sqeeze in right at my max calories, so it was all good!! Knowing that I stuck with my plan felt WAY better than eating extra could have ever made me feel.

I had a 0.6lb loss this week, which I am quite pleased with, especially since my exercise was rather lame. This week I'm kicking it back into gear, so look out week 6!
Great loss & self control! I don't think I could've done it! Chili is one of my BIG TIME FALL COMFORT FOODS! I've been avoiding making it.. but I did make a great white bean and chicken chili yesterday - and I brought some of the left overs in today for lunch. YUMMY!

I'm making a shepard's pie for dinner tonight. I'm desperately trying to get into this cooking thing. I've never enjoyed it before - but if I'm going to eat right, and have my family eat right I'm going to have to step up to the plate some. DH is an AWESOME cook - but not the healthiest. Plus I'm finding a lot of receipes that have a ton of veggies in them so that I can up my veggie intake. Maybe with this healthy eating DH will drop some pounds too. He's put on what I have lost since we've been together... and it's really starting to bother him - but he's not to the point where he wants to actually "do" anything yet. Maybe I can trick him
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #12  

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What Fall Time ON PLAN Food is your favorite? (No the halloween candy you steal from your kids doesn't count! )

Mine would have to be my chicken chili. It has 218 calories per serving. It fills you up, tastes great, AND is even BETTER the next day! yummy!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY

What Fall Time ON PLAN Food is your favorite? (No the halloween candy you steal from your kids doesn't count! )

Mine would have to be my chicken chili. It has 218 calories per serving. It fills you up, tastes great, AND is even BETTER the next day! yummy!!!!
Recipe please?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY

This is the first fall that my on plan has consisted of calorie counting. I have some good "fall" recipes but I have a feeling they aren't low cal. I waiting on 2 new low cal recipe books to arrive in the mail. Maybe I'll get a new favorite soon!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #15  

I am just coming off of 4 days of off plan eating. I already weighed in for this week (ending today) but I jumped on the scale just to see the damage. I was up 5 pounds this morning. The scale plays some wicked mind games on me so I think I'm going to take a freebie next week and try to stay on plan and off the scale for about 10 days. I've been OP so far today and have no desire to eat poorly. I'm actually craving healthy food.

I went to KC with a couple of friends to do some shopping. None of my size 14's from last winter fit me anymore and just plain won't work at all anymore. I really needed to replenish my wardrobe. I got a pair of jeans and 3 pair of work pants (2 of which I purchased in size 8! - They're a little snug, but I'm only about 5 -10 pounds away from them fitting perfectly) I also got 5 shirts for work as most of my shirts from last year are looking frumpy. A new smaller belt was also a necessity.