Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #106  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Bluesers!!!

Been off the computer most of the weekend, DH and I have been digging a trench for a new water line, running for parts, going to church, getting DD off to Special Olympics, etc. But at least I finally have a loss - 1.4 lbs, which I am truly grateful for. Can't wait til my herbs and solutions get here, along with my Armour thyroid med. I'll be feeling better and supposed to lose quicker too from the detox part of the plan.

Thanks to all those who reported about the 30d Shred:
. . . Brie - and sorry to hear you've been feeling sad lately
. . . Jennifer - you lost a pound, whoo hoo!
. . . Manick - and thanks too on the encouragement about walking. I believe that will have to be "it" for me for awhile. I actually enjoy it, and like you, it's beginning to feel like my first love of exercise too. I do enjoy hiking though too.

Amy - everyone has already chimed in what I had written as my response - sell, sell, sell then you can buy, buy, buy. I agree having them around makes it too easy to "slip into something a little more comfortable"

Jaime:
. . . glad you're back home, where you have your own routine
. . . sorry you had a gain but
. . . glad you're shunning those 190's in favor of working out again
so I'm more glad than sad for you, love to see your smiling face here.

MJ - you're having your struggles aren't you? I'll be praying for a laparospcopic surgery for you and totally agree with your statement about "I'm not going to stop doing what I'm doing!" Right on sister!

Denise - and all the other "closet shoppers" . . . ENJOY!!!

Sue - I agree that "sometimes staying the same is a victory" I stayed the same for quite a while there, after losing pretty steadily in the last challenge, but now the scales are moving again. (Hear that you demon sticky scales out there?) Also, congrats on avoiding the Viennese Hour - that would be torture for me, I love sweets. Awesome job.

Vix - still good to see you, you get better from those ol' wisdom teeth and for your problems with mom. It's certainly understandable "your head's not in the game", but we want you back out here on the field as soon as you feel able.

Jen - Posting your gain is taking responsibility for your actions. Just stick here with us, we'll muddle through together just fine.

Fran - as to other measurements, instead of bmi or %, how about actual measurements/inches - maybe just the waist hips and legs or ???

Donna - your post about my garden made me smile and now I want to work to live up to your image! One thing the place does already have is a "relaxed, welcoming feel". I'll get to work on the vine covered arbor (actually got some wisteria trying to get up there) If you're interested you can see some pics of the place here. You've given me impetous to do even better.

And big congrats to:
Abby - 5.2
Denise - 4.0
Courtney 3.0
Kim 2.0
Alwe - 1.4
Sue 1.0
Donna 1.0
Jennifer - 1.0

And to Dumplin 5.0 on the treadmill . . .

. . . . we have a lot going for us Blue Team. Hang in there. See you all tomorrow. . .

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 10-14-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #107  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hiya Team! I've had a blue streak coming out of my mouth this week and too much, non-blue approved junk going back in between the words. I'll have to use my first freebie for the weigh in and work much harder this week!

Congrats to those of you back on track! We all have those weeks...this was one of them for me.

Suite distraction is your friend! Go knit something!

Fat B'gone I have every confidence you can break through!

Amy I have gained myself back into my fat clothes too many times...this time I'll alter a few things to keep and the rest are going FOREVER!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

Dora - congrats on your loss this week! I must have missed where you talked about the herbs/solutions stuff before, I will watch for your posts in the future to tell us how it goes.

manick - no knitting, being at work it's too bad, too, I'm making really great progress on the next baby blanket... Believe me I'd rather knit than sit here at work thinking about brownies.

Had a handful of almonds as a snack... but I am still HUNGRY, still have an hour til I get to leave to go home! I think I'll make myself some tea.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #109  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Oh yes, tea is a good idea!

I was just sitting here thinking about Faerie...she's getting married this Saturday, I think. If you pop by this week Faerie, best wishes for a beautiful event!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

I had a great weekend visiting my hometown. Did some shopping with my mum, ate a yummy Thanksgiving dinner, and hung out with one of my oldest friends. Thanksgiving dinner went really well too - lots of veggies, no seconds, and some SERIOUS pumpkin-pie-restraint on my part.

We'll see what my weight did over the weekend, but I'm confident I'll at least have maintained. Sorry for taking a freebie, but I was away from the scale and didn't want to guess. Next week I'm planning for a loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I just kept putting it off and putting it off, telling myself I'd get up and go in a minute or two, and then suddenly it was the end of lunch, and here I am back at my office sans sugary junk food. Now as long as I can hold out through the afternoon without giving in, I know I can make it the rest of the day........
Hope it's been working out, Jaime! I do those little negotiations with myself, too - "just 5 minutes!" over and over until the craving has passed.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #111  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
I was just sitting here thinking about Faerie...she's getting married this Saturday, I think. If you pop by this week Faerie, best wishes for a beautiful event!
I've been thinking about her the past couple of days too, as I've missed her presence around the boards. I'm sure she's absolutely swamped with preparations. I am very excited for her, and Faerie, I hope you have a wonderful, beautiful day full of joy!!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 281/264/150

Hi Bluesers!

Sorry I have not been around for a few days. My dad is in the hospital so I've been pre-occupied with that. Thankfully my sister was home this weekend for Thanksgiving and was able to offer some support and assistance.

Well, due to the holiday, poor planning and overall too much stress....I have to post a gain this week.

I'm so sorry.....I feel like I've let everyone down, not just myself! I'm hoping that once I get back to work tomorrow I'll get back OP and will show better results next week!

Melanie
Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #113  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hey, I lost 3 pounds. I am really happy!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #114  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Morning all!

I've been struggling a lot lately. I keep fighting between diet and lifestyle changes and intentional exercise vs. a more active lifestyle. I know if I was in diet and intentional exercise mindset I might do better short term but I really want this to last. The last few weeks I've been concentrating on more permanent changes. I know they will pay off in the long run.
You are so right to want to make a permanent change in your life. I'm also struggling to just be someone with an active lifestyle. I'm working on finding the kinds of activities I'll enjoy doing all the time--unforunately, it's tough to backpack in the morning before work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
Reporting a NSV!

I was watching the Biggest Loser Marathon on Fox Reality Channel this afternoon while I was folding laundry. In one episode Bob had a team member try on the clothes she was wearing on day one. I got inspired to try on two dresses I bought over the 4th of July holiday. They were tight when I bought them but I was hoping to lose enough to fit into one of them by my office Christmas party. THEY ARE TOO BIG! What's odd is that my weight is higher than in July. I guess I'm getting sleeker, if not lighter.
Congratulations! Sleeker is my goal, so I'm going to use you as inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
I'm pretty proud of my workouts this last week. I've put in some serious time, sweat and tears. I wonder if I am gaining muscle? I have to say, I've been pretty slack in my eating. I am not binge eating in my usual way, but I am not totally tracking my calories in/calories out and I KNOW it's making a difference. Why am I working my tail off to see such meager results on the scale? ... I feel like I am just getting used to the working out thing, that my eating can slide slightly. But maybe that's just an excuse creeping out.
It is just an excuse, and I only know this because I use it myself. But we're both going to remain focused on working out and also watching what we eat, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Big mental battle ensued at lunch. Coworker had a gallon-sized ziploc bag full of homemade brownies, and that's seriously all he ate for lunch. I was okay with turning down an offered one from him, but in my mind I REALLY wanted to run to the store and buy a box of little debbies and snarf them all before returning to work.
I would SO have gone for the homemade brownies over the Little Debbies, but good for you for skipping both! You're my heroine!

Lots of good exercise so far this week, let's see what Wednesday (my WI day) brings...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #115  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

http://www.richmondregister.com/ This is me and my daughter we made front page news! She is in the front with a green shirt on. I am in the back with back and white clothes and sunglasses on. Who would have ever thought about us exercising and making front page news!hehehe We were also in a local BL contest and this day marked our 12th final week. I lost 48.8 lbs. and my daughter lost 35 lbs. I came in 2nd place.

Last edited by Dumplin; 10-13-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #116  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
We were also in a local BL contest and this day marked our 12th final week. I lost 48.8 lbs. and my daughter lost 35 lbs. I came in 2nd place.
That's awesome Dumplin! You and your daughter are inspirational!!

Melanie-Sorry your dad is in the hospital. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. I'm posting a gain right along with you. Don't let it get you down. Get right back to it. You are worth it!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #117  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
http://www.richmondregister.com/ This is me and my daughter we made front page news! She is in the front with a green shirt on. I am in the back with back and white clothes and sunglasses on. Who would have ever thought about us exercising and making front page news!hehehe We were also in a local BL contest and this day marked our 12th final week. I lost 48.8 lbs. and my daughter lost 35 lbs. I came in 2nd place.
awesome!!!

guys- I am so sorry to say that I had a 2 pound gain this week. I was a slacker after I came back from vacation. I promise I'll make it up to you next week!! - I ran 3 miles tonight so YAY! - then I came home and played on the Wii Fit for 34 minutes before I came here to tell you about it. I really had to make myself stop playing though it was so much fun! I was also pretty motivated to beat DH's high scores! Tomorrow I will be home practicing while he is at work!

I have my first 5K this Saturday so I am super excited but I am trying to be careful this week too so I am limiting the running to every other day.

Last edited by Thin4Good; 10-13-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #118  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Bluesers!

Checkin' in. Things have been crazy, and I'm quite lucky that the scale remained exactly the same this week. *whew* I know I'm not off the hook for future weeks... especially since my food & exercise has been... oh boy...

Things improved today. Actually wrote what I ate down! Small steps back towards the light!

I hope everyone is well. And as soon as my computer is moved (next week) I'm really excited about joining the gang more regularly!!!

Also... only a few more days until I'm "Mrs. Faerie"

Take care everyone, keep doing well!!!

GOOOO BLUE!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #119  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Emily! Im so excited for you first 5 k. There's one coming up in my area soon and i have the sign up sheet on my counter! Yay for 5ks!! hehe

Faerie! superalmost congrats to you! i hoep you have an awesome, lovey dovey amazing wedding!!

im spending my first nght in my new apartment alone. before i was with DH moving to new apartments was fun. but now that he's away.. it's just kind of quite here. Days are fine.. nites are lonely.. but i will prevail!! hehe

see you tomorrow ladies!! and gents!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #120  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

CURSES....I missed the weigh-in!! I kept telling myself, "don't forget to post today", and guess what..... I forgot to post today. I just thought about it after it's too late. Well on Friday I was down 3 lbs since Monday for my official monthly weigh-in. I was hoping I would lose more by today but instead I gained a pound back. So I didn't really lose much this week, and that's after ALL of that exercise. Oh well, I feel do SO much better and way stronger than I did just a month ago. So no complaining here. Just sorry I didn't make the weigh-in. I guess I will have a freebie week this time. I am beat, I spent 3 hours in the pool again today, after my 30 mins at Curves. I just don't wanna get out of that water, I feel so light and flexible. It really sucks when you get out and gravity takes hold again, talk about bringing you back down to earth. I'm gonna go crash hard, I hope I hear the alarm in the morning.

Congrats to all the Blueser losers!