3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/153654-we-family-blue-team-chat-4-a.html)

JoyfulVegGirl 10-09-2008 07:44 PM

Forgot to add, congrats on your WI Amy! :carrot:

Nori71 10-09-2008 08:12 PM

Super busy day around my home! Just getting online for a bit while dinner is cooking.

Gym workout got cut 40 minutes short due to a faulty fire alarm system. Brand new gym. Fire alarms went off. Maintenance couldn't figure out how to turn off! After 10 minutes of blaring beeps I couldn't take it anymore. Plus girls were kinda freaked out in kid's club.

Nori71 10-09-2008 08:15 PM

Rhonda - I haven't been able to run for 2 days. Gotta listen to your body. My knee is kinda tender and I don't want to risk really hurting it so I cannot do my regular cardio...step mill and elliptical which are low impact for my knees but can be very high intensity overall. Not worth it IMO. When I'm smaller...

Nori71 10-09-2008 08:19 PM

Like I said I had a very busy day and there was lack of planning on my part so my food choices were crappy inbetween b-fast and dinner. Not too many calories, but just CRAP. (See food log...) It's been a long time since I had a day like this and I aim to remember how I feel about it. Failure to plan = planning to fail.

sportmom 10-09-2008 09:02 PM

Hi all, now I am the one complaining about being a scale hater. I am doing 30 mins of INTENSE cardio every day and weight lifting twice a week and stalled. Not eating too much, if anything maybe too few cals. I don't think that can be hurting though since I'm staying so active - just don't always have the greatest appetite in light of world events these days, ya know?

On the ants - we have coexisted the last 3 years from spring to fall. Spraying, traps, nothing worked. I finally this year quit using the dishwasher since they would come in the slider and that seemed to be their destination. So I just went to hand washing, bleached all their paths with fantastic and kept the d/w locked and empty. Even locking it but having food in it never helped, so we quit using it. I either did dishes by hand as we used them or piled them into the sink to wait until I had a full load for the d/w and then washed. it seems it's the soiled dishes sitting in there that attract the ants, even if you do a rinse or wash cycle nightly. Once we broke the cycle I went back to using the d/w and now we are back to storing soiled dishes in it until we get a full load and the ants haven't come back. It will be interesting to see if they find us again next spring, but if they do, I know how to handle it now. My neighbors ask me how my ant problem is and I tell them gone - meanwhile they are still paying the externminators and not getting any relief. So try this and see if it helps. Yes, and obviously, you cannot leave even a smidge of food on the counter nor a stray cheerio on the floor, or it will start all over again. But my kitchen was CLEAN and i still couldn't kill them off until now.

reji 10-09-2008 10:21 PM

I'm sorry, I have no advice regarding the ants. But I wish you good luck!

Exercise is my downfall. I can usually eat pretty well, but I can't motivate myself to exercise. But I think I figured out a plan. I just bought 30 Day Shred online, and I'm not going to let myself try it until I do 5 days of exercise a week for 2 weeks. I need some consistency in my workout routine. So 30 Day Shred will be my reward for exercising!

djay 10-09-2008 10:25 PM

You all have me wanting to try 30 Day Shred so badly. I can only do low impact due to arthritis in my knees. Is 30 Day Shred considered high impact?

flowingair 10-09-2008 10:59 PM

Hi everyone, Congratulations to eveyone that lost weight this week. I'm hoping for a loss this week. i have knee problems too , and I use an elliptical machine. I can get a great workout and it's not too bad on my knees. have a great weekend everyone. I'm going out of town for the weekend.

Thin4Good 10-09-2008 11:22 PM

I just got back from vacation last night and DH had a Wii Fit waiting for me!! I can not believe he was so thoughtful!!!! I played around with it for a while tonight and I can't wait until I feel recovered and can do it for real. :) --- I climbed a tower at York Minster on Tuesday and my legs are still a little angry with me. - We did an awesome job with out loss!!!!! It was so close! Next week we will win again!

mountain mama 10-09-2008 11:23 PM

Im going out of town for the weekend too. I will definitley be posting my weight intime for monday. :)

Joyful: Im glad you like talking about running.It's becoming a new thing for me. It makes me feel good.. it makes me feel like im growing/acomplishing something. It's all new to me.. but i can see that it won't be out of my life anytime soon.
i think im still in shock that.. even though it's 'just jogging' it's someting i was NEVER capable of before.. i just get so proud.. haha

scarah: Im so pumped about this new career idea.. i've always known i was destined to help people.. I could just never figure out HOW exactly to do so in a way I was passionate about. I still have a ways to go in my personal journey.. but I'm ready to advance and grow and share! hehe ( wow i just sounded super corny! lol)

Doragone 10-09-2008 11:42 PM

Hi Blue Team!!!
Congratulations to all the losers and those who have been faithful to their plan. Encouragement to those of us who have had the :devil:wicked scale monster:devil: hold the dial still!!! I STILL say it has a LOT to do with the seasons - bodies are going into winter mode, storing up for the cold months ahead, unconscious of our efforts to pare them down. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to a loss, of anything, this week.

I don't know if any of you remember I started using the DaVinci and Toriani coffee flavors, in sugar free brand in my tea and oatmeal? Well I found this new product, with no aspartame, no splenda, no gluten, just flavor and ordered it today. For new customers you can order 6 flavors and get 15.71 knocked off the price. (leaving a total of 24.98) Just something I enjoy and now I don't have to feel guilty about the harmful stuff. (Hear that Jo?)

Went out in the rain and weeded a little today, the baby weeds are already starting. :dizzy: Cut down my sunflower heads and they're drying in the downstairs bathroom. Got my WATP 5 miles done today - so good to be back in the swing of things. Can't wait to start the new medical regimen, whenever the stuff gets here. That's about it for me. Take care all - drink your water and MOVE.

Dora

Doragone 10-09-2008 11:55 PM

Oops!

Forgot a few notes:

Nori - I've been buying those honeycrisp (?name) apples since you and others went on about them and yum. But to top it off, tonight I cut one up into little squares, put it in a bowl with some of the coffee flavoring in the brown-sugar-cinnamon flavor - Wow!!!! And guilt free (except the Splenda part - but, hey - I gotta use em up ya know?) Sorry about your "crappy" eating day.:p

Donna - as to the new stuff (non-Splenda-type), there are a lot of Medifast people who say it adds a lot to the shakes and puddings.

Emily - how sweet of DH and great for you!

And about the 30-day shred - like Donna asked - is it considered high impact? I'm willing, but don't know if my knee is able. Please fill us in, those of you who have tried it.

Later blues . . .

Dora

bjeweled 10-10-2008 12:29 AM

Hi Bluesers!

i cooked a lot of food tonight in hopes that it will help me stay consistently OP. i am kinda in a dumpy mood right now and since i have been diagnosed with clinical depression i am trying not to go back there. just gotta get in the gym cause nothing helps me like exercise.

Dora and Djay-30 Day Shred would be high impact, your cardio consists of jumping jacks, jumpropes, butt kicks, running in place etc. then there are a lot of side lunges, squats etc. i am pouring with sweat after level 1 and its only 20 minutes.

fauxtini - i too think i want to become a certified nutritionist and possibly train. i totally support you. its never too late to change your mind to something you will absolutely love

joyfulveggirl - boric acid might help with the ants...but if u have pets i dont think it is safe to use.

have a good safe weekend everyone. esp those who are traveling. goodnight!:D

JoyfulVegGirl 10-10-2008 12:39 AM

Re: 30 day shred, she intersperses strength exercises and ab work with cardio (mostly jumping jacks, kicks, punches and jump rope). I think if you want to try it you could probably substitute punches for the jumping exercises and still get in a killer workout.

I think it's still on On Demand for free right now, if you wanted to try a workout and see if it would work for you.

They're replacing our water heater right now (leak. I think this place is cursed!) and I haven't eaten dinner yet. I'm starving but I can't bring myself to eat in front of the plumber. :(

Sportmom, I'll try not using the dishwasher. It's just the two of us so that could definitely be it.

Abby, I know! It's incredible how fast our bodies adapt, and something we once couldn't do at all we can now ENJOY and even become addicted to :carrot: And this weather is the best for running in, so every time I step outside I want to throw on my shoes and go.

And it's never "just jogging". If you're not walking, then you're running ;)

amouse 10-10-2008 02:17 AM

having the best day .. omg ... yiippee

OMG i cant believe it .. and im over the moon
Im haveing the best day in history..
First we spent the morning at a beautiful park.. we went foer a walk around and i got sick of pulling up my clothes.. lol.. my tops was showing my boobs and my pants just wouldnt stay up.. the park is stunning the is a creek with walking tracks and cummunity cottage garden full of flowers and a view to die for over the resiviour out the the ocean .. the walking track takes you down the side of a wooded creek and is suurounded by houese with cottage gardens it was stunning .. On the other side of the park are all scluptures.. from australian book.. there was possum magic.. who shot cockatoo. the circus.. and the gum nut babies .. each thing done in a diiferent way the gumnit babies where mosiac the possum magic was concrete statue up on top of a tree .. its really nice there..
Second .. after we left i decided to go look through my local salvos shop to see what i could find.. for my to wear.. i found a nice pair of jeans size 18 and a top size 18 that fit perfectly.. and went to target afterwards .. i tried on 9 different tops in there all size 20... all of them didnt fit .............. becuase............... they were.......way to big :).. woooohoooooo ..
in the end i bought 3 size 18 tops black salmon pink and purple and a skirt that has three pinks in it working lighter to darker at the bottom.. and has the same salmon pink of the top..
Im going to wear to skirt and top on my birthday next thursday when i go out to lunch with the girls.. :)
third when i got home while talking to my mum on the phone about clothes we discussed a pair of pants she had given me a while ago.. and i just knew i hadnt chucked them out.. and i must have stashed them away some where.... I found a great big bag( the red white blue stripped huge bag ) full of clothes and i tried it all on item after item that has either never fit or fit before i had kids...... i can now where... OMG>>>> ::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::
i feel like dancing.. i even can put on a pair of jeans i bought at 98 kg last time.. im still a good 15 kilos(33 pounds) more then that but the difference is this time.. imnot just watching what i eat im working my butt off which means things are fitting much sooner ;;;; a whole 15kg sooner..

i feel like dancing around the house in my underwear... lol