3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/153654-we-family-blue-team-chat-4-a.html)

Manick 10-14-2008 12:54 PM

Why, yes, we do!!:D Here is the exercise thread update your weeks 4-6 or join in for the first time!

:coach:Get on the bus, Blue team!

Lovely 10-14-2008 01:31 PM

Hi Bluesers!

Actually had a few free minutes today, so what do I do? Jump onto 3FC, of course ;)

Today is going well. I've been drinking about 3,000 cups of tea with splenda, but I'm getting water into my body that way. Also, had a healthy breakfast. I'm in a "need to celebrate the small things I do right" way at the moment.

Such a gorgeous day out, I just feel the need to get stuff done.

I hope you're all well!!!!

Go Blue! :cheer3:

sportmom 10-14-2008 01:54 PM

Well, I must really be into the groove of things now. I jumped on the treadmill first thing this morning without even remembering it's Tuesday and time to save my cardio for working out with TBL tonite! I was so psyched when I realized that I just did it, it didn't kill me, and I was all set for the day.

So what will I do tonite? Hmmm....... workout AGAIN of course! Jillian would not approve of us sitting on our comfy couches while we watch people sweat! I will get in an extra 30 on the t'mill!

TechieMom 10-14-2008 03:37 PM

Good Afternoon Bluesers,

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes.....my dad is showing improvement and hopefully will be coming home on Thursday.

I apologize again for posting a huge gain last week!

Today is a new day!

So far today I've made healthy food choices!

My commitment for Week 5 and beyond is to get back to my regular 4 times per week at the gym! I also commit to making healthy choices.

mountain mama 10-14-2008 04:24 PM

my goal is to do cardio for at least an hour.. with an ultimate goal of 2 hours. We will see how that goes! hehe

Blue Serenity 10-14-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2408381)
Why, yes, we do...

THAT'S 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2408440)
Hi Bluesers!

THAT'S 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2408490)
Well, I must really be into the groove of things now.

THAT'S 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechieMom (Post 2408640)
Good Afternoon Bluesers,

THAT'S 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxtini (Post 2408706)
my goal is to do cardio for at least an hour

and THAT'S 5 ...

Sorry, this isn't personals I was just testing something. (But hello to everyone!) I couldn't do multi-quotes before but now I can! :D I had a feeling it was a browser issue. I kept having problems with pages loading too slow and finally got fed up with IE (Internet Explorer not Intuitive Eating :p) and downloaded Firefox. Wish I'd done it sooner. Not only are the pages loading blazing fast but I can do multi-quotes now.

TechieMom, glad your dad is on the mend!

Blue Serenity 10-14-2008 06:24 PM

While I'm here, might as well check in with everyone. Why are spurts of motivation so short-lived? Unless I do something drastic the next two days (like work outside all day) I just don't think I'll have a good weigh-in Friday. My good weigh-in last week must have been due to sweating out 3 pounds of water because in just 2 days I had put back on 2 pounds (and I wasn't eating too horribly bad until yesterday). I can't stand the fluctuations but I know they're natural. Well, yesterday and today I haven't been doing well with IE so probably some more damage to fix. Just kinda in the dumps again. Moody me!

Smiling1 10-14-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2408366)
Morning Team! Time for a huddle :grouphug: This is OUR week! I am recommitting to my 300 minute per week exercise goal, I fell way short last week.

How about you?

Q: What is your plan to stay on plan in week 5?

My plan is to keep on truckn':sunny: I take it one day at a time. Just say "no" to anything that will prevent me from reaching my goals.

staja 10-14-2008 06:37 PM

*sigh* I had a big long post written, and now I lost it!

Anyway, excited the Jewish holiday meals are over, and I just need to make it through my annual work party on Thursday. Hopefully with a big salad in me, I can resist the call of free booze and food!

Also, this week brings me a total of 60 pounds down! I have some pictures of my journey so far - but, no idea how to even post them! I'll work on that tonight, hehe

Kofarq 10-14-2008 07:34 PM

My way to stay on plan for week 5 is to get off my lazy duff and QUIT EATING FREAKIN PEANUT BUTTER BALLS!!!!!

My 12-yr-old DD is trying on her new army cadets uniform right now! She's so excited! (so am I!)
I went to vote this eve, and couldn't find the stupid polling station! It was way off the road in a building with no numbers on it. Freakin Idiots. Finally found it, though. Yay, democracy!

Husband has gone off to work, and I won';t see him for 3 weeks! Ah, well, it goes by pretty fast.

I made a delicious stir fry for supper. Lots of leftovers for late night snackins.

dixied 10-14-2008 07:58 PM

My plan for week 5 is to do something besides cardio. I've been trying to get into the gym at lunch for 2 days. It's just not going to happen this week. I walk 60 minutes every morning, but I know I need some weight training too. My immediate plan for tonight during BL is to do some stretching. It's another area I need to work on.

Quixotica 10-14-2008 09:09 PM

Hi Blues,
We'll come back!:cheer3:Go, blues, go! My plan to eat on plan and to support my team is to go back to Atkins induction for a week and see if I can shake it up a bit. I want to see a two pound weight loss this week. I plan to exercise every day, too.

Fauxtini-I have been thinking about having an inside herb garden in my classroom. The kids like how plants look and maybe by the time health class rolls around (we cook in health) I will have some herbs to use. I have seen small window sill herb gardens in some of my gardening catalogues. They come in the mail all ready to go...just water and watch the plants grow! You can also grow plants indoors under lights if you don't have a lot of natural light. One of my friends collects and grows African Violets that way. It really is a pretty sight!

dixied-I know what you mean about want to mix up your exercise. I have been walking a lot and my legs are getting pretty trim, but my abs need some work. I think I will start to vary my routine so my abs keep up with the program!

Kori-You are zooming in on your goal weight! It won't be long!

Staja-Free booze and food is always a temptation. Eating a big salad or bowl of soup in a great idea. Now, for me to make it through November and December, too. I told my husband that there would not be five pounds of candy under the tree this year!

Fairie-Tea is a great way to get the liquids in. I really like iced chai, made without the milk and honey. It is naturally sweet from all of the sweet spices. Have you ever had the Snapple Noriberry drink? It is their one low-carb drink and it is really pretty good. It satisfies the need for something sweet on the way home from work. I stop and get one of those and rehydrate and cool down. They are a little pricey, so it is an occasional treat.

Sportmom-Who is Jillian? I hate to be so naive...

Thanks for the support on the baggy pants...they're outta here! I will wait a couple of weeks to see if I am out of more pairs of pants and then get some more.

Well, I have a big bag of peppers to put in the dehydrator and exercising to do...off I go! Have a great, on plan week, blues!

Sheri

mountain mama 10-14-2008 09:39 PM

Quix: That's so fun that you have catalogues with gardening stuff in them. hehe I would love to buy a new herb garden for my windowsill.. im gonna look online for one now!! :)

Hopefulpinkangel 10-14-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2408366)

Q: What is your plan to stay on plan in week 5?

My plan is to stick to my snack and meal plans for the week. I also plan to exercise at least 3 days this week. I have to start somewhere! :)

Manick 10-14-2008 10:24 PM

Hiya kids! Back-on-track-Manick reporting in! I DID get my exercise in, and I jogged 4.1 miles today and then walked 2.5 on a hard hill trail. Heart rate goal met :cp: Mileage goal met :cp: With all that exercise I am always more mindful of what is going into my mouth because I don't want to undo all the benefits.

Jillian is Jillian Michaels the trainer on the Biggest Loser and all around awesome trainer and coach! I listen to her radio show faithfully and I've learned a lot. You can check out the thread talking about her recently here
the links to the radio show are on that thread also.

Keep up the good work team! Let's WIN this week, for our team and our health!