3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/152562-we-family-blue-team-chat-3-a.html)

chellez 09-27-2008 01:20 PM

We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #3

:wave:

:doh: I totally forgot to change the exercise challenge before I left work on Friday. :p

djay 09-27-2008 01:21 PM

First!

Manick 09-27-2008 01:55 PM

Hi Blue! :wave:

Amy I'm so sorry for the losses in your family and I hope you are feeling better soon! :hug:

I must do some sort of exercise today! It just did not happen yesterday and I am feeling it today. I was hoping the sun would come out as it's kind of cold this morning. No sun so far and it's already 11 am, so I'll put on long pants and go.

Have a good weekend team!

:cool:

tkglenn 09-27-2008 02:06 PM

woohoo!!! I made it here early.

tkglenn 09-27-2008 02:08 PM

Amy-I am so sorry for your losses. I know it must be hard on everyone. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

just keep swimming 09-27-2008 03:03 PM

Amy - So sorry to hear about your losses. You and your family are in my prayers.

I have got to buckle down this weekend so I don't have to post a gain! :dizzy:

Manick 09-27-2008 03:24 PM

Stay strong Swim! :lifter: You know you can do it! And by the way...did ya have a good birthday?

mountain mama 09-27-2008 03:31 PM

I didn't have the motivation to workout today. But it's only early. I went to Wallmart and bought myself some 5lb weights, a pedometer, an exercise mat and another WATP dvd for those cold winter days when I can't get out. Im motivated again! hehe

just keep swimming 09-27-2008 04:04 PM

Thanks Manick! I had a very nice, relaxing (and OP!) birthday. :D

Sounds like you got some good supplies, Abby! I gotta get myself an exercise mat! It hurts my knees to do girl push-ups on the wood floor! :lol:

mountain mama 09-27-2008 04:37 PM

Yeah, Jessica, I know what you mean! I was folding up towels for under my knees.. but my hands would still slide out from under me some times hehe

just keep swimming 09-27-2008 04:44 PM

Ha! I do the towel thing too! Doesn't work so well...

Thin4Good 09-27-2008 05:08 PM

lol- I use a pillow but it is on the carpet so maybe that is why it works out. :)

bjeweled 09-27-2008 05:57 PM

hey all :wave:

down 3 this morning to 200!!!! onederland is looming!

amy - i am so sorry about your losses. i will keep your family in my prayers.

swim - WAY TO GO!!! staying OP through the Bday that is an NSV i have never achieved!!! commendable!!

went to my first official weight watchers weigh in today and i hate that its always about a 4 pound difference from my home weight due to clothing. but i do my at home for TBL and then keep WW separate.

going to my fav restaurant but plan to eat fish or baked something. i am sooo not gonna overdo it. have a good rest of the weekend ladies!:D

JoyfulVegGirl 09-27-2008 06:06 PM

Tami, I'm sorry to hear that. Stay strong this weekend. You can do it :hug:

Nori, good job on diverting a binge! BTW, I saw your exercise goals penciled in in the exercise challenge thread and I think that's a great idea! I might start doing that.

To all those who have been kicking butt in that challenge let me just say that I am so proud of you! Some of your weekly totals are SO impressive! I read it every day and it really helps motivate me to get up and out the door to work out, so THANK YOU.

Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your family's losses. :hug:

Well, I weighed in this morning and I'm down .6, which is not a huge loss but I'll take it! DB is down 5 lbs, so I know he's happy.

For some reason I am starving today. I've eaten breakfast and lunch and a snack, so now I'm sitting here with a carrot and I'm going to keep eating carrots until my brain understands that it can't have any more sandwiches or I turn orange. Poor :carrot:

I also plan on going for a run later tonight. I track my runs on a different site and I've set a goal for October for 40 miles, so if I go out and run 4 days a week then I should be able to do that, and it will be the most I've EVER run.

Which, hopefully, will mean some kind of loss on the scale ;)

JoyfulVegGirl 09-27-2008 06:07 PM

Brie I missed your post. Congrats on the awesome loss! :D

Iconised Ghost 09-27-2008 06:25 PM

Amy- im sorry to hear about your losses too :hug:

just keep swimming 09-27-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyfulVegGirl (Post 2382705)
I'm sitting here with a carrot and I'm going to keep eating carrots until my brain understands that it can't have any more sandwiches or I turn orange.

OK, so this is kind of irrelevant to weight loss, but did you know that that can actually happen?! My mom's favorite story about my older sister is how she refused to eat any other of those little baby food jars except the carrot ones and her skin literally became tinted orange. Of course, my mom freaked out and took her to the doctor, and the doctor was like, um, does she eat a lot of carrots? :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeweled (Post 2382697)
down 3 this morning to 200!!!! onederland is looming!

swim - WAY TO GO!!! staying OP through the Bday that is an NSV i have never achieved!!! commendable!!

First of all, congrats on being so close to onederland! Also, thanks! I almost couldn't believe it myself. :lol: Now, the real challenge is going to be the upcoming holiday season. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, ahh!

I really don't want to post a gain this week, so I worked out extra hard today and will do so again tomorrow. I've been having a bit of a salt-fest this week, so that could explain it... ;)

Lawrencia 09-27-2008 07:17 PM

Today marks the second week of breaking my toe, but I can tell it's better. According to the doctor, the break could heal in as little as four weeks, so I am really pumped that it may be half-way to the end.

My exercise is sort of feeble though. I pulled out my old Gazelle, which I stopped using because it didn't get my heart rate up as much as I thought it should. It's been a life saver with the toe, though. I have these big boat shoes with plenty of sole, so I can do it for short stretches and at least get some exercise in.

Nori71 09-27-2008 07:18 PM

Jessica - I'm doing the whole low sodium thing this wknd too. I swear I've lost weight this week, but when I got on the scale this morning I was the same. Then AF started about 2 hours later, so I think I can show a good loss by Monday!!

JoyfulVegGirl - I like to put my plan down for the week. I basically have to schedule trips to the bathroom I'm so busy right now, so it does help to have a plan! I'm challenging myself to an extra 60 min of cardio this coming week. Going to 10 hours total.

TechieMom 09-27-2008 07:56 PM

Hi Blue Team,

Amy, sorry to hear about your loss! Hugs.

Well, I bought a Wii fit today!! :-)

I think it will be fun, though it weighed my 5lbs heavier than the gym scale does! I'm excited to see how I make out.

I was scanning thru the exercise thread today and I'm amazed at how much exercise you all get done in a week! Way to go!

Well, gotta run.........I'll post again soon and hopefully I can figure out the multi-quote thing so my msgs can be a bit more personal.

~~Mel~~

mountain mama 09-27-2008 07:56 PM

The scale isn't showing what I want it to either.. I have exercised over double of the amount I did last week. Although, I have added a lot of weigh training stuff.. We will see what Monday morning brings..

angeline 09-27-2008 09:04 PM

hi bluesers!!

rhonda, thanks for the suggestion to look into south beach regarding my carb munchies.

i seem to have gotten things mostly under control again however i still may pull out my south beach book tomorrow for a recipe or two.

speaking of south beach - one or two of my grocery stores used to carry the south beach pizzas (individual size) but now no one has them. i'm really bummed. they had low carbs (especially for pizza) and high protein. i'm bummed about that. i loooooove pizza and this was a good substitution for me and if i wanted, i could have it everyday for lunch. humpf!~

i put the brakes on my long cardio workouts and have been sticking to yoga. i've had some great yoga workouts. mmmmmmm - scrumptious!!

Thin4Good 09-27-2008 09:07 PM

I like to make my own pizzas for SB. - I just use a whole wheat pita bread or even a ww tortilla. - spread out my tomato sauce, add my toppings, and pop it in the oven - I just watch it on broil. Maybe you could do that?

angeline 09-27-2008 09:12 PM

Emily, that's a great idea! thank you!!

My main reason for preferring south beach pizzas is that they have 30 grams of protein - that's a lotta of protein. i'm working to keep my carbs to protein ration 1.5 : 1 grams. i've found when i can keep my protein higher and my carbs lower, i stay full longer.

i've found amy's single margherita pizzas for around the same calories as south beach however amy's has about 16 grams of protein compared to south beach.

Kofarq 09-27-2008 11:01 PM

Hello, Friends!
I've been reading the posts, and trying to remember everything for personals, but I can't. So, mostly: Amy, I'm sorry about your Aunties.

I'm excited about the Facebook page. I went and looked at it, and I want to join, but how?

I think meeting is a great idea! What fun! How bout we meet in, say... Newfoundland? Around iceberg time? I know someone who can show us around! We can watch those giant fishes eating the iceburgs! Yay!

I'm at 151.6. No good excuse, I've been eating fried food, but I have been exercising.

TechieMom 09-28-2008 12:06 AM

dixied,

I think you friend'd me on Facebook the other day and I'm sure I said "yes" but I can't find you on my list. If it was you can you kindly friend me again?

djay 09-28-2008 08:17 AM

Good morning bluesers!
Today is weigh in day for me...Lost :carrot:2.6 lbs.:carrot:. I'm really happy with that since it seemed like such a slow weightloss week. Maybe because I was trying so hard to cross out of that 200 range this week.
It is a beaustiful morning here. The boys are staring at me in anticipation as I lazily sit here listening to the birds and drinking my second cup of coffee. I know I should go get their leashes and head out for a brisk morning walk in the park. I just havn't worked up the energy to do anything this morning...Maybe later.

mj5 09-28-2008 08:51 AM

Good Morning!

Amy--I am so very sorry for your losses. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

I woke up w/ an icky sinus headache this am and my knee hurts....I kinda feel like I am falling apart! LOL! The dogs and I are going to have kind of a 'lazy' day...watch some chick flicks and rest. It's a rainy, gloomy day today--so a good day to watch some movies! I finally made another appt w/ my ortho to see what's up w/ my knee, so I'll see what he has to say on Thurs.

suitejudyblueeyes 09-28-2008 09:44 AM

I have pumpkin muffins in the oven baking away - they smell wonderful. Two points a piece, I can grab two for a breakfast and be happy! It really is starting to feel like fall - except for yesterday which was unseasonably warm - but it's nice and cool outside again today. Which made me want pumpkin. Good thing I had some in the cupboard or I'd have no idea what to do with myself! :p

Hope everyone has peaceful Sundays :)

Manick 09-28-2008 10:52 AM

Morning Blue! How're you?!

I am anticipating a very sunny day with lots of outdoor chores later. We are painting the front porch on this last, guaranteed sunny weekend day while we have the chance.

I got out for a beautiful jog in the park yesterday afternoon and did have some moments of grudging appreciation for the beauties of the cusp of autumn, though I will miss the sun this winter.

My husband made a fire in our outdoor chiminea last night and we sat outside under cozy blankets till midnight and enjoyed the fire and the stars. It felt like camping in our own backyard!

:cool:

TechieMom 09-28-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofarq (Post 2383031)

I'm excited about the Facebook page. I went and looked at it, and I want to join, but how?

There should be a join group button on the right hand side of the group page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2383273)
Good morning bluesers!
Today is weigh in day for me...Lost :carrot:2.6 lbs.:carrot:

WTG on the loss! That's awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2383343)
I have pumpkin muffins in the oven baking away - they smell wonderful.

Hmm.....your making me hungry! Could you post the recipe?

Happy Sunday!:cp:

Dumplin 09-28-2008 11:13 AM

Good morning to all my Blue Team friends!!!

Amy, I am so sorry. These kind of times are really hard. I've had my share of them. It will get better. My prayers are with you and your family!:hug:

Jaime, I love Pumpkin Muffins, I think I can smell yours cooking from here!:chef:

Thin4Good, I'm excited about making some pizza now! Thanks:jeno:

Djay, Congrats on your lost!!!:cheer3:

Techiemom, Hope you enjoy your wifit. Keep us informed about what you think about it.

Nori, Good Luck on your low sodium weekend and your 10hrs cardio this week!:running:

Fauxtini, I really like those WATP dvd's. Glad you are motivated again!

As for me....I am so excited about losing weight. I am so glad I have finally made my mind up to do something about it. What was I thinking when I was so out of control? Never again!!! This feel to good!!!
Some of my clothes are just falling off when I put them on! I still had alot of clothes that I had gown out of that are fitting me now. I went shopping last night and bought a couple of shirts. So much fun!!!:cloud9:

suitejudyblueeyes 09-28-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechieMom (Post 2383429)
Hmm.....your making me hungry! Could you post the recipe?

Fore shore!

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten (or egg replacer if you don't do eggs)
1 12 oz can pumpkin (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 c apple butter (or apple sauce if you don't have AB on hand)
1/4 c water (or juice if you want it sweeter)
1 tbsp oil of choice

ETA: heh, I left out the rest of the instructions!
Mix up the dry stuff, mix up the wet stuff, add the two together, mix. Grease muffin tins with Pam, spoon batter in. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until they are done (mine took 25 mins, yours may take 30, who knows).

Now, note that I don't care for super-sweet, nearly-cupcake muffins. These taste like muffins, not cupcakes (they are not very sweet). If you prefer your breakfast goodies to be sweet, add juice, use sweet apple sauce, add more sugar, do whatever you feel you need to do. I am just warning you, these pumpkin muffins are delicious and all, but very different from the muffin you'd get at Panera or Starbucks.

The recipe makes 12 big muffins. I put the ingredients into the WW recipe builder and it tells me each muffin is 2 WW points, or approximately 100 cals or so. I ate two for breakfast with some preserves on top and they were perfect!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...e/IMG_1441.jpg

Iwanawurkit 09-28-2008 11:48 AM

Ohhhhh, I was going to ask for the recipe so thanks for posting!

Well, I had a rough weekend but it was fun. BBQ competition in Owensboro Ky this past weekend and I didn't stay on any type of program. Back home today so I need to really work it hard to at least remain the same for in the morning. So you see, today is my last chance workout.

Fauxtini----I was told when you really ramp up the exercise, our muscles have a tendenancy to hold water around the muscles for protection.

For the Wii Fit people.....I see where Jillian has a new Wii Game coming out in October where two people can work out together. $39.99 if you preorder.

flowingair 09-28-2008 11:48 AM

Amy so sorry to hear of your family loss. Stay strong. My prayers are with your. Lori

Thanks for posting the recipe it sounds yummy!

I stayed the same this week, really frustrating. I'm going to up ;my exercise and see it that helps my next week goal.

dagirl 09-28-2008 11:54 AM

Good mornin' blue team,

I stuck pretty well to my eating plan last week but unfortunately we went out for dinner last night and I ate more than I should have (not to mention the salt... my fingers are feeling chubby and stiff today :o). Congrats to the team on how much exercise we've been logging. The school I work at had a jogathon on Friday. It's amazing to see how much energy those kids have! And yes, I did risk life and limb to walk with the fray; I walked 8 laps with our K-3 and 4 laps with 4-6... it was a blast! Other than that, I slacked off last week but I'll log some walking time this week; it's supposed to be sunny and in the high 70's early this week, woo-hoo!)

Amy - My sympathies for your loss, I hope you feel better soon

suitejudy- those muffins look delectable... thanks for the recipe!

Nori71 09-28-2008 12:34 PM

Great looking recipe, Jaime. Only problem is I have no pumpkin...

And now I have baking on my mind.

mountain mama 09-28-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2383343)
I have pumpkin muffins in the oven baking away - they smell wonderful.

I'm a HUGE fan of pumpkin.. it's kind of like a comfort food to me. I am def going to try those muffins! Thanks for the recipe :)

I like to treat myself by putting a scoop of puree pumpkin in my yogurt with vanilla protien powder some mornings.. and a dash of nutmeg and cinnamin too. Yum! Oh.. i like fall and the good feelings it brings :) hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2383414)
My husband made a fire in our outdoor chiminea last night and we sat outside under cozy blankets till midnight and enjoyed the fire and the stars. It felt like camping in our own backyard!

I AM JEALOUS! hehe Sounds like you had a great nite! I miss being at my cottage in Canada for that reason alone.. sitting by the fire, all curled up. Glad you had a cozy time with your DH :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwanawurkit (Post 2383462)

Fauxtini----I was told when you really ramp up the exercise, our muscles have a tendenancy to hold water around the muscles for protection.

yeah, i'm starting to get the swing of this muscle stuff finally. And it's amazing when i take a day off of weight stuff.. the pounds melt away once the fluid drains off! hehe Im excited to feel.get stronger :)

Last night we were up till 4am. My dh's best bud is being deployed today, so us and them went out to a movie and the boys went out for a last horrah, and I chilled out and chatted with his wife till 4am. We had a GREAT convo, and im sad to be moving away from her. Things are getting closer for my dh to leave... but im in a good headspace about it right now. I hope i stay there :)

I did have a good weigh in this morning.. but I still have one more day to kick it up a notch before tomorrows official weigh in! im trying to decide if i shoudl take it kind of easy so I dont build up too much fluid round my muscles or if i should just bust it out lie i've never done it before! ehe

Nori71 09-28-2008 01:07 PM

OK, I found some canned pumpkin!!!!

For those of us counting calories this is what I got using regular eggs, sugar and applesauce. You could adjust for egg/sugar substitute.
127 cal
2 g fat
23 g carb
4 g protein
2 g fiber

YUM!

suitejudyblueeyes 09-28-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2383414)

That sounds incredibly, unfathomably awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumplin (Post 2383440)
Some of my clothes are just falling off when I put them on!

:bravo: That is fantastic! I love that feeling too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nori71 (Post 2383509)
And now I have baking on my mind.

Oops... er... sorry :foot: :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxtini (Post 2383526)
I like to treat myself by putting a scoop of puree pumpkin in my yogurt with vanilla protien powder some mornings.. and a dash of nutmeg and cinnamin too. Yum! Oh.. i like fall and the good feelings it brings :) hehe
I did have a good weigh in this morning.. but I still have one more day to kick it up a notch before tomorrows official weigh in! im trying to decide if i shoudl take it kind of easy so I dont build up too much fluid round my muscles or if i should just bust it out lie i've never done it before! ehe

That sounds yummy... Try sticking some pumpkin into oatmeal in the morning too, now there's comfort. It's like a muffin you don't have to bake, that you can eat with a spoon. :T

As for the other part, just stick to your routine... Don't change a thing. If you would normally exercise, exercise. Eat what you would normally eat. If you manipulate your day in order to get the lowest possible number tomorrow, it'll be even harder to beat that number next week, you know? So you may get a good loss this week but it may compromise next week.

:wave: