Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #136  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Speaking of apples - have you all tasted the honeycrisp variety?? AMAZING!!!
I will have to look for them! I am always looking for new apples.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #137  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Dawn that is very good news about your husband! I hope he continues to recover well! Take care of yourself too!

Kori--YUM! I love fresh veggie stir fry too!

Kim you still have the rest of the week to work it! I totally understand...been there, done that.

DJ thanks That is Sophia, the wonderful Welsh Corgi. She always has to be in on the action, especially if there is any food involved. Ironically, I live with a dog that has food issues too, Corgis are known for their inability to stop eating.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #138  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks to everyone who spit on & dirtied up that candy! I was able to avoid it all day long

Quote:
It is my FAVORITE variety of apple, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagirl28 View Post
He made it out of surgery ok.
Thank goodness!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi everyone. It has been a bad start to the week. I haven’t done any exercise for two reasons, 1) sore legs 2) lack of motivation. I am feeling unmotivated because it seems like I am doing so much exercise and not dropping much weight and time is running out before the wedding! : ) I also bought a new scale as the old one was really bad, and it added 5 or 6 pounds to my weight! Grrrrr

I have started thinking about food all the time; I want to eat all the time. I never really snacked much and now I want to snack all the time. I want Ice cream and cakes all the time, and before I didn’t even like sweet stuff much, I much preferred grease and salt : ).

On a brighter note I jogged for 70 mins on Friday evening. I still find it hard to believe that I can run for that long.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #140  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Dawn- I missed the news earlier. That is great!! I hope you have him home safe soon.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #141  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Fauxtini Cute new avatar pic!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
Hi everyone. It has been a bad start to the week. I haven’t done any exercise for two reasons, 1) sore legs 2) lack of motivation. I am feeling unmotivated because it seems like I am doing so much exercise and not dropping much weight and time is running out before the wedding! : ) I also bought a new scale as the old one was really bad, and it added 5 or 6 pounds to my weight! Grrrrr

I have started thinking about food all the time; I want to eat all the time. I never really snacked much and now I want to snack all the time. I want Ice cream and cakes all the time, and before I didn’t even like sweet stuff much, I much preferred grease and salt : ).

On a brighter note I jogged for 70 mins on Friday evening. I still find it hard to believe that I can run for that long.
I know how you feel. It's frustrating not to lose weight. I had a zero weight loss this week. Let's keep trying.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #143  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Didn't get a chance to get the list compiled, but there's only one hour to go!

Oh by the way....

Bob says Hi.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #144  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
It is my FAVORITE variety of apple, ever.
Yes! So good that I spent $6 on 4 of them tonight. They are huge though - like 1 makes a good little family snack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
Acorn squash, I am a sucker for sweet/savory flavors, so I make it oven roasted brushed with tamari and olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of brown sugar...it's to die for!
(well...rather, to live healthier for!)

This looks really good as a main entree Acorn Squash With Wehani Rice & Pecan Stuffin Recipe
YUM! I also enjoy sweet/savory combinations and this looks wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagirl28 View Post
I want thank all of you for your prayers for my husband. He made it out of surgery ok. He will be coming home as soon as he recovers enough to travel. He has a long road ahead of him but we can make it as long as we are together.
I'm so happy to read this! I've been thinking about you and wondering. May his recovery be quick and I hope he's home with his family very soon!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #145  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey Chellez, who is Bob with the adorable little girl? They are both gorgeous! Your flashing Starbuck's clip is pretty enticing. I talk them into making me a lowfat, sugar free frappacino that is pretty darn good. They have a couple of sugar free syrups available there. It really satifies a sweet, cold, caffienated craving. I had a really good low calorie drink from Snapple today, too. it is Nori berry drink with only one carb per serving. It is sweetened with aspartamine, but hey, every once in a while I want cold and sweet.

I went back and read the last closed chat...you ladies are busy! I really liked all of the ideas about who we would like to WOW with out weight loss. I did not go to my 30th reunion because I was ashamed of how fat I was...sigh. I'd love to do that one over again. And, I'd love to put my MIL to rest about my weigth once and for all. And, I'd love to walk into an event on my husband's arm and have people turn to see who that pretty lady is with my husband. He loves me, but he adored the little me, too. i want that lustful gleam back in his eyes!

I lost three pounds this week! It has been several weeks since I have been so successful. This challenge made me sit myself down and give myself a stern talkin' to about how I had been fudging about being OP and I made myself get moving on the exercise routine, too.

I went away for the weekend, but took myself on two very long, enjoyable walks. I have a favorite radio station I listen to when I go to our place up in Oregon and I did some wild dancing around the house, all by myself moving my giggles around! It was fun. I kept remembering old dance moves and jazzing them up with good strength training moves, too.

djay-a full spectrum light is a regular light that has the full light spectrum in it. You can order them online for about 50 dollars. I got mine from a place called First Street.

I had a crazy day at work today. Teenagers, sometimes they make you want to laugh, sometimes cry. Maybe I was over tired, but a few of them were getting on my last nerve. Before, I would have come home and consoled myself with a bag of potato chips. I came home, drank a couple of big glasses of water and watched a movie. I didn't exercise, but I didn't eat off plan, either!

Manick-I love acorn squash, too. It is one of the squashes that my guys will eat, too. I bake it with butter and a little honey and cinnamon. I also love pumkin. I grow little japanese pumpkins that are really good with a sweet custard baked inside them. Yum! Scoops of sweet pumpkin and cool creamy custard!

Dubh-Hang in there on those cravings! You are so close to goal. I wish I understood what happens when those terrible urges begin. I have not had them yet on this diet, but I have experienced them. I always thought they were about my body needing something, but now I think it is my mind playing tricks on me. Maybe it's both. Are you working out a lot? Perhaps you are not getting enough carbs or protien to keep your body fueled? I hate that feeling of trying a little of everything I think I am hungry for and realizing that I am still not satisfied. Usually, I have to take myself for a walk or call a friend and chat my way through it to keep from mindlessly trying to satisfy a craving that can't be cured. Sometimes I think it has to do with a need for novlety or boredom or loneliness or all of the above! Shopping! Go shopping! Buy something cute on sale for the next ten pounds down! Do that instead!

Good night ladies! have a great, on plan week everyone!
Sheri
Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #146  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

chellez- that is just too cute!

Well i went for a huge run yesterday (by my standards anyway ) and my feet are still tired today! I've done one of my presentations today, so hopefully my nervous snaking will become easier to control. Hope you are all having a good day!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Just popping on to say that I was SO GOOD at dinner out tonight! No drinking, no dessert, and I stopped as soon as I was full. YAHOO!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #148  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
Christina, I do water aerobics classes at the Y also. I felt the same way you do about being in a bathing suite but once I did it I was so O.K. with it. Everyone was there for the same reason . Ever one for better health.
If you stick with the Y and keep trying different things I know you will get more and more comfortable there just like I have. Good Luck , Your friend ,Tammy.
I have read your posts about the Y and they were part of why I decided to join. I use to get water aerobics with my Gold's membership of only $9 a month, but they tore down the location with the pool. Anyway, I am already a member of Curves and I figured the swimming would be something to change it up a bit when Curves gets boring. Maybe I will be doing some of the aerobics classes before to long. I also wanted to get my son swimming lessons so I think I will be getting my money's worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Mixing things up for the week probably got things moving.
Yeah, I just really thought I had a bad week with my food and very little exercise. So I am lucky that I lost, but I will do better this week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
first off congrats on the loss and as for the bathing suit... have you looked into getting a swimdress?? those things are fabulous.. i have one and love it.. without it there is no way i woukd go to the pool.. it covers the worst part of my legs.. this one is like mine..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brylane-Beach-Blue-Slimming-Swimdress-22W-NEW_W0QQitemZ330230240966QQihZ014QQcategoryZ63886Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
Thanks I have one like this from when I was about 70lbs smaller. I was really wanting something with even more cover up and I finally decided to go with swim pants and a shirt. I guess it's more like a wetsuit material but it's exactly what I need. I know my excuses and this will solve the whole "but I didn't shave my legs/underarms" excuse. Here's the link incase anyone is interested. I am so excited I can't wait to get them, I just hope they fit. http://www.solartex.com/servlet/-str...zes/Categories
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I keep reading that if you are eating to few calories that it can slow down your weight loss...Maybe that is what was happening to you. Maybe adding a few more calories is what you needed to do.
You know I finally get what some others were saying about starting too low on calories and not having room to reduce when you start losing and need to modify your intake. Don't know why I didn't get it at the time, maybe I was being stuborn, would be a first, of course. So yeah, I think I will try to keep my calories in the 1800 range to 2000 or so on a high day(I don't like calling it a cheat day).
Quote:
Hmm, havn't tried those but I am in LOVE with Fuji apples. They are the perfect apple to me, crisp and juice sweet enough but a bit of a bite to it. MMm, makes my mouth water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
I just licked my monitor. I really miss my frappuccinos. I don't however, miss the 460 calories that came with it. Or the 1050 calories that came with a Krispy Kreme Mocha Chiller.
Funny all this talk of Starbucks today. I was up by the only one remotely close to me today and decided to stop in for a Caramel Frappuccinio Light. I use to treat myself with these when I was OP a few years back. The calorie count isn't too bad but I did add the whip cream so it's a bit higher. The fat is kinda high but it is a treat, and not one I plan to do often. Just stick with the tall and you can treat yourself too, if ya choose. http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_beverage_detail.asp

Chellez- that is a great picture of bob with the cutie, any idea who it is?
Old 09-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #149  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi to my dear Blue Team!

Time for confession - the Amish made me do it!!! That friendship bread is no friend - it's feind for me. Ate way too much of it, the second loaf is almost gone and the scale obliges and goes right up! I admire Dee for only tasting it, and whoever it was who only ate a half a cookie. I'm a ba-a-a-ad girl! Forgive me as I forgive myself, please.

Donna - You are doing so good - 50# mark, NSV, Onederland - you definitely have some ammo now against SADD.

Tawny - DH did have his "moments" up until he was about 50 or so, then he started to mellow out. He does take Prozac too, though. It's no easy thing for the wife to deal with, my heart goes out to you, dear one.

Tammy - thanks for the kind words and for your encouragement - I need that right now - and some of your green juice. Sounds really good and healthy. What has happened to me?

Marianne - you talking about your 2# of congestion-related weight gain reminded me of one of my patients I saw today. He's an older gentleman, who can barely speak due to a past stroke, but does drive but the point is, he has severe post nasal drip. Doctors cannot seem to get it under control and he told me one doctor said he puts out about a quart and a half a day. I replied, "So if your doc ever says you're a quart low - you'll be happy?" It was so cute to see him chuckle over that one

Jaime and Fairie - you two have the cutest write-ups, with such imagery and fun written in, I just love reading your posts. And both of your suggestions about butternut squash were awesome - just had some the other night, only added FF margarine and brown sugar splenda. yum. Now, if I could just find some of Nori's honeycrisp apples . . .

Heather - you are doing such a fantastic job of not smoking - one of my favorite things to hear anyone do, is to quit. Lost my brother 4 years ago because of those sh**ty pieces of junk. My son also smokes and it breaks my heart. Keep up the good work.

Kelly - I empathize with you and the cheese danish - the friendship bread called to me, even right after dinner, when I was full. I'll be so glad when it's gone. Now to find 4 people to give these starters to . . . I'm your friendly comiserator, signing off.

Kate - glad you're back in your running groove - I've been wondering, your avatar - where were you guys? You look so . . . I don't know . . . royal.

Manick - your pics are AWESOME!!! Beautiful patio - I can see why you will be a regular fixture there - and with your sweet Sophia. Who knew dogs could be overeaters, too? What a trip.

Dawn - so glad to hear dh on his road to recovery. Keep us posted on his progress.

Sheri - congratulations on the 3# loss!

With all this eating going on, I've got to give the weather some of the blame. Storing up for winter and all that - but I'm not giving up - no other treats in the house that I care about, so onward to the Thin Blue Line!!!

Dora

Last edited by Doragone; 09-30-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #150  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Did I misunderstand something? I missed the deadline for posting my weight (gain yuck and darn) this week in Blue Team weigh in, but I was going to post and fessup that I missed it (got working and forgot all about it), but when I got there the thread was closed? I had a horrible week, gained two, first time I have stress eaten in months...also no exercise, at least not formal, too darn busy, and when I do finish at work, my body won't cooperate with my brain as far as doing one more thing that day. I am definitely in a "fibro sucks" frame of mind right now :-(