3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/152562-we-family-blue-team-chat-3-a.html)

djay 09-29-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas (Post 2384433)
Today, I begin training for my new position at work. I'm so excited to have new responsibilities and challenges! I'll be on a much tighter schedule and must make pre-planning meals and snacks a priority.

Congrats on the new position! As long as you pre-plan the tighter schedule could work in your favor to keep you on plan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristinaGetsFit (Post 2384492)
[COLOR=blue]How did I lose 3 lbs? Last week was just pathetic. I didn't workout but one day, Monday. To top it off, my cal count was up from 1500 avg to about 1800+ and not all good calories

I keep reading that if you are eating to few calories that it can slow down your weight loss...Maybe that is what was happening to you. Maybe adding a few more calories is what you needed to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone (Post 2384643)
Good news - still not smoking and it's not overly painful right now. Even at Oktoberfest Saturday and several (okay many ;) ) beer samples I didn't really want one :)!

That is FANTASTIC:dance:If you can resist while drinking...You are doing great! The smoking is more important to your health than the weight...so if you are maintaining or keeping the gain to a minimum...you are well on your way to becomming healthy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimProbable (Post 2384675)
So I somehow managed to pull off a 2lb loss and although I'm quite surprised I'm very grateful to see the scale nudge under that 195 mark where it got stuck for weeks on end! I feel like my head is back where it needs to be and I'm feeling enthusiastic about weight loss again. Here's hoping I stay in this mental state!ay everyone!

Congratulations on getting the scale moving again! :carrot:And we are all here to make sure you keep that enthusiasm!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumplin (Post 2384698)
As for me this week I have lost 5lbs.

You are like a diet superhero or something! How do you keep doing that every week? Congratulations!:bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarahjs (Post 2384704)
Well this weekend hasn't been very good to me. Since my son was sick last week he must have given it to me this weekend. I have been sick all weekend and getting worse by the day. I'm hoping to feel better in the next couple days. I haven't worked out since Friday. But on the other hand I haven't been eating a whole lot, so I guess in a way that is good.

:hug:Hope you and your family get well soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2384760)
Warning!!!! RANTishness!!!!:
But, WHY, mystery co-worker, WHY did you bring a HUGE bowl of Halloween candy into work?

Another reason that is dislike winter...The food and candy parade. I don't keep that stuff at home. Starting at Halloween and going through St. Patricks Day. I can't escape it at the office. Everybody wants to share all the ooey, gooey, yummy calorie bombs they can find! AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by practiceliving (Post 2384986)
Now I just need to focus on having a great week THIS week. I'm going out to dinner tonight, and will be making smart choices - no drinking, no dessert, especially!

Sorry for the dissapointment...but I am sure the scouts appreciated it...or will one day. Getting right back on track is exactly what you need to do...Way to go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkglenn (Post 2385034)
I'm back from the gym and did my step class. I miss it like crazy and it is so much fun.

Still waiting...Can't wait till I feel that way about excersise...I'm so jealous when I hear people say how much they enjoy it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by krjpy (Post 2385080)
Alright ... let the yell fest begin.

No need to yell...You know what happened...now you know what you have to do to fix it...excersise and water...The question is...What will you do from now on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chellez (Post 2385264)
:rofl: I saw it while uploading some stuff on tinypic earlier. If I can't have Starbucks.... I need to feed my addiction to the brand somehow. ;):

Wish I could feed my addiction that easily! Starbucks remains my worst temptation....especially when I am stressed...It's just to easy to drive right through and no one ever needs to know...

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishkatt (Post 2385300)
Wooo...I finally seem to have got my running grove back on. 4.8 miles tonight. Im not breaking any land speed records but I felt fine after.

Wow! That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by practiceliving (Post 2385465)
Speaking of Starbucks, though, what do you all think of their new breakfast stuff? I haven't tried it, but I heard they have oatmeal, which is kind of interesting.

Oh NO! They added new stuff since I've been gone? I didn't need to know that...Sneaky Devils:devil: How low will they stoop to get me back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2385469)
Starbucks... eh. I'm a DD, girl, myself. ;) But I don't wanna cause any wars!

(DD coffee is better. *runs away*)

Glad they don't have one of those on my way to work...Just what I need another obsession!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2385583)
Then we shall change the subject! (Here's hoping this hasn't already been covered in chat ;))

What's your favorite Autumn-appropriate healthy dish?

I love Butternut Squash.

So, I cube a squash. Cover it with a jar of No Sugar Added apple butter. Bake it at 275F for about 45 min - 1 hour. Mush it all up. Ta da! Apple Butternut Mashed Squash. (You can add splenda or sugar if you so desire.)

OH Thank You!!! A much safer subject :carrot:and that sounds absolutly delish!!!! I HAVE to try that!

Fat Chick B Gone 09-29-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2385583)

I love Butternut Squash.

AMEN!!! I just had some tonight. My favorite way to have butternut squash is just cut up like fries and bake with a little pam and salt. nom nom nom

I also bought acorn squash and spaghetti squash today :)
Any ideas on the acorn squash ladies? I don't think I've ever prepared at home...

Thanks ladies for all the kind non-smoking words - it really does help!

KimProbable 09-29-2008 07:43 PM

I've got a super-delicious sweet potato and chickpea stew recipe. It's also got kale in it. It is positively to die for, and it's healthy and vegan. Yum!

Fat Chick B Gone 09-29-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimProbable (Post 2385761)

I've got a super-delicious sweet potato and chickpea stew recipe. It's also got kale in it. It is positively to die for, and it's healthy and vegan. Yum!

Recipe por favor

djay 09-29-2008 07:51 PM

Can't beat taco soup on a chilly evening! Yum!!!

trailgroomer 09-29-2008 07:59 PM

Mine is apples!

but if it is a recipe then pear walnut salad

Linda I too love acorn squash and pumpkin soup served in mini pumpkins!

Nori71 09-29-2008 08:03 PM

Speaking of apples - have you all tasted the honeycrisp variety?? AMAZING!!!

Manick 09-29-2008 08:14 PM

Honeycrisp are my favorite apple, followed by Pink Lady! Love them!

Butternut squash is also a fave.

Acorn squash, I am a sucker for sweet/savory flavors, so I make it oven roasted brushed with tamari and olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of brown sugar...it's to die for!
(well...rather, to live healthier for!)

This looks really good as a main entree Acorn Squash With Wehani Rice & Pecan Stuffin Recipe

flagirl28 09-29-2008 08:45 PM

hi everyone,

I want thank all of you for your prayers for my husband. He made it out of surgery ok. He will be coming home as soon as he recovers enough to travel. He has a long road ahead of him but we can make it as long as we are together.

Congrats on the losses this week.

Manick 09-29-2008 08:46 PM

The patio fire last night, mine is the chair on the left with the blanket ;)

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...onthepatio.jpg

Kofarq 09-29-2008 08:56 PM

I made a lovely stir-fry for supper tonight, using carrots, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, and red peppers from my garden. Well, the carrots are from the farm stand, and the broccoli was from the grocery store.

Manick, your yard set-up is awesome, and your dog is darling!

Iwanawurkit 09-29-2008 09:04 PM

Having a little bit of a hard time getting back into the sync of things with the 1 pound gain this past week. I ate half of a cookie this afternoon at the lunch that was brought in for a meeting I attended. Why, oh why do I do this to myself?

Iwanawurkit 09-29-2008 09:07 PM

Flagirl....awesome attitude. Good vibes still coming your way.

Manick.....love the puppy.

djay 09-29-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2385847)
The patio fire last night, mine is the chair on the left with the blanket ;)

Now that is a cozy scene! And tha pup is just the cutest! What is his name?...Um or her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwanawurkit (Post 2385876)
Having a little bit of a hard time getting back into the sync of things with the 1 pound gain this past week. I ate half of a cookie this afternoon at the lunch that was brought in for a meeting I attended. Why, oh why do I do this to myself?

Sounds like a victory to me when you can stop yourself at 1/2 of a cookie!

Fat Chick B Gone 09-29-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2385811)
This looks really good as a main entree Acorn Squash With Wehani Rice & Pecan Stuffin Recipe

:drool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagirl28 (Post 2385844)
I want thank all of you for your prayers for my husband. He made it out of surgery ok. He will be coming home as soon as he recovers enough to travel. He has a long road ahead of him but we can make it as long as we are together.

Oh I'm so happy for you guys. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofarq (Post 2385865)
I made a lovely stir-fry for supper tonight, using carrots, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, and red peppers from my garden. Well, the carrots are from the farm stand, and the broccoli was from the grocery store.

:drool: again. The more veggies the better in a stir-fry!