Old 09-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #2  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Roni.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #3  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Wow we sure do talk alot! Thread 2 already?!

Well, I didn't have time to pack my gym clothes this morning, but I AM going tomorrow morning before work! I WILL get up at 530am! Yikes, did I just commit to that?! I will walk today at lunch and since the boss is gone, it may be a nice loooooong walk too!

Hope everyone is having a great OP day! Be back later!

--Misty

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 09-18-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #4  

Quote:
Thursday's Question of the Day:

Is there something that you are afraid to do but really want to try? Do you think losing weight will push you into trying it?
I would love to learn how to swim, but am a little afraid of the water. My fear really doesn't have anything to do with my weight. The fear was here long before the extra weight.

Last edited by ksk571; 09-18-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #5  
Laurie

Are most of you an "everyday" weigher or a "once a week" weigher? I normally get on it every morning but I've been trying to break myself of that habit. It makes me nuts if I don't see the number I want but then on the other hand I'm afraid if I don't get on it to see what the number is every morning then I'd just think I could eat anything I wanted to that day. Hmmmm, questions and dilemas!!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #6  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
Thanks Roni.
Yout Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
I would love to learn how to swim, but am a little afraid of the water. My fear really doesn't have anything to do with my weight. The fear was here long before the extra weight.

Quote:
Are most of you an "everyday" weigher or a "once a week" weigher? I normally get on it every morning but I've been trying to break myself of that habit. It makes me nuts if I don't see the number I want but then on the other hand I'm afraid if I don't get on it to see what the number is every morning then I'd just think I could eat anything I wanted to that day. Hmmmm, questions and dilemas!!
I try and keep it down to twice a week. If I weighed everyday I'd get very discouraged and would send myself into a binge BIG time.

Misty, you're a better chick than me! I don't even wanna get up to pee at 5:30, lol!!!

I finally got up off my butt and Exercised today. Wasn't much but it's a start.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #7  
Laurie

Can you all tell I really don't want to do any work this afternoon? I have a ton to do so I can go on vacation next week but today I just don't care if it gets done or not.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #8  

Hello Teamies!

I'm having one of those days where I'm anxious and stressed but I cannot put my finger on why. I also cannot seem to get enough food, but I think it's really hunger rather than the anxiety. Work has been kinda busy lately and I'm very ready for my vacation day tomorrow! 4:30 pm cannot come soon enough! (actually 6:30 when my 2nd job is done! ) I am going to visit a friend who moved away about 4 years ago and we are going to an all day scrapbooking event. I'm so excited because I have been working on a wedding scrapbook for my sister for the destination wedding she had in June. I'm ready for my friend's fresh ideas and insight!

Well, it looks like I'm going to post a gain this week. I've been staying in my calories and have exercised so I'm sure it's just a small blip and will work itself out (provided I am good this weekend!) The friend who I am visiting is in charge of the food at the event and since she's been one of my cheerleaders through my weight loss journey, I'm hoping she'll have healthy options and that I will be strong enough to make them!

I found out last night that my Zumba instructor is stepping down in 2 weeks. That makes me nervous because I like her and am used to her. While I think change is a good thing, I also like my routine and will miss her classes. The lady who she is trying to take over our class was pretty good when she subbed for us so hopefully she takes the job.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Laurie- I kind of have that same issue lol. I tend to weigh everyday but am really trying to break that habit and only weigh on weigh in days but I really like to see the number moving down even if its only .2 and I kind of feel like it keeps me in check if I see a little increase then I evaluate if I ate anything I shouldnt have. Silly I know since water weight and such but eh I dunno lol.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #10  

Quote:
When I weigh everyday, I tend to get obsessive. I also find that I get discouraged easier. I would do better if I'd weight once a week but that hasn't been happening. I weigh at home every day and my official weigh in is only once a week on the doctor's scale at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
Well, I didn't have time to pack my gym clothes this morning, but I AM going tomorrow morning before work! I WILL get up at 530am! Yikes, did I just commit to that?! I will walk today at lunch and since the boss is gone, it may be a nice loooooong walk too!
Getting up at 5:30 am tomorrow...you CAN do it! I wish I could, but I have found that 6 am is the earliest I can rise! Enjoy your LONG walk!

Quote:
Can you all tell I really don't want to do any work this afternoon? I have a ton to do so I can go on vacation next week but today I just don't care if it gets done or not.
Me too!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #11  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
Hello Teamies!

I'm having one of those days where I'm anxious and stressed but I cannot put my finger on why. I also cannot seem to get enough food, but I think it's really hunger rather than the anxiety. Work has been kinda busy lately and I'm very ready for my vacation day tomorrow! 4:30 pm cannot come soon enough! (actually 6:30 when my 2nd job is done! ) I am going to visit a friend who moved away about 4 years ago and we are going to an all day scrapbooking event. I'm so excited because I have been working on a wedding scrapbook for my sister for the destination wedding she had in June. I'm ready for my friend's fresh ideas and insight!

Well, it looks like I'm going to post a gain this week. I've been staying in my calories and have exercised so I'm sure it's just a small blip and will work itself out (provided I am good this weekend!) The friend who I am visiting is in charge of the food at the event and since she's been one of my cheerleaders through my weight loss journey, I'm hoping she'll have healthy options and that I will be strong enough to make them!

I found out last night that my Zumba instructor is stepping down in 2 weeks. That makes me nervous because I like her and am used to her. While I think change is a good thing, I also like my routine and will miss her classes. The lady who she is trying to take over our class was pretty good when she subbed for us so hopefully she takes the job.

Have a great day everyone!
Sorry you're having anxiety. I hope you get to the root of the problem. When are ya leaving? Maybe it's just excitement you are feeling. I guess you won't be reading huh? hehe Maybe I can catch up to you!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I try (emphasis on try) to weigh in just once a week, on Sunday morning. However, I usual weigh anytime I'm in room with the scale.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #13  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I just posted in the first chat and then noticed this one so I deleted my post and copied it here. So this is going really fast. Wow.

Don't feel too technically challenged if you don't know how to multi quote. Most people have to be shown how to do things before they learn on their own. I couldn't figure it out until someone showed me how. Now that you know how to do it pass on the knowledge to someone else. I felt quite superior when I knew how to do it all by myself.

I answered the question of the day a couple of pages back and now I've changed my mind. Well, not really changed my mind as I'll never sky dive, bungee jump, go in a cable car (unless totally drugged out), etc. because I'm scared to death of heights. I won't even jump off a low diving board without medication. What I would really love to do that I'm so afraid of is (are you ready for this?) RIDE A BIKE!!!! Yes, just to ride a bike would be wonderful and maybe I will as I'm getting smaller. I never really learned to ride one as a child (blaming mom as I type) and when I was turning 40 DH bought me one for my birthday. Of course I got on, fell off, broke my shoulder and haven't been on one since. I think if I had training wheels for a while to get used to everything I'd eventually learn to ride. DH would love if I could ride so we could bike together. I'm such a chicken when it comes to it. I'm so tense on the bike that I can hardly peddle and keep my balance. Do you think I could find training wheels to fit a small ladies bike?

BTW, I ride my stationary exercise bike with no trouble at all.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #14  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I weigh in once a week because I can't take the once a day thing. It drives me crazy to see the fluctuations in the scale.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Quote:
I do it everyday - sometimes three times a day. I don't really think it's that healthy of a thing to do but it keeps me on the diet, esp if I gain like 1/2 pound between one day adn the next.