Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 237/228/192

Height: 5'11-15/16"

Today was a bit of a struggle. It was the second free lunch in a row and I overate. Then there was a barbecue supper where I ate quite a bit too. Now I need to pull it back together and pay for my choices.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:12 AM   #497  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
That podcast muzak killed me though. If I had different music I think I'd be okay.
Oh Dee! That techno-pop stuff killed me too! I would MUCH rather just time myself on my treadmill than torture myself with that again. I erased it all from my ipod and whenever I do it again, it will be with REAL music!

Last edited by sportmom; 09-27-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:17 AM   #498  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Im just wondering if we have to weigh in on the same day every week? Or if it doesnt matter, as long as we weigh in before the last day of that week?>
Old 09-27-2008, 06:26 AM   #499  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi Blue Team!!! I have not had a chance to get caught up w/ everyone, yet. This is my 'take care of mj' day, so hopefully I will get some time today! I am getting a mani/pedi and eyebrows waxed. I cannot wait!!!! Wednesday I am getting my hair hilighted and cut....I won't recognize myself by Wednesday afternoon!!!! LOL!

Yesterday I received three compliments on my weight loss, which was really nice. BUT....I was also asked twice the dreaded "how much have you lost" question.....I had originally decided not to share the # with people this time (I have done that before and then re-gained some of the weight...), BUT one of my sil's has asked me to speak at her weight loss support meeting (I still can't believe she has asked me to do this!!), so I have been re-thinking a lot of things.....so I went ahead and shared the #. The response was really, really positive and supportive. I have to say, I am glad I shared it.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 09-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #500  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hey guys bit of tough day here again.. me and the kids have the flu.. and we lost two family members today.. which is just awful..
Yesterday John aunt Alice fell down her back step.. she slipped on some water and broke her hip.. today they took her to surgery , she had a reaction to the drugs and had a heart attack.. and Johns aunt Nel passed on too.. she has been wasting away for a while.. and we were told a month ago she only had a week to live when she caught a infection in the hospital .. Its just terrible Johns nan is devastated.. she has lost her best friend(sil) and sister all on the same day.. Nan is 87 and is now more alone then ever Alice lived in the same block of units as Nan and recently.. her bil and sil.. Arthur and bettie moved into a nursing home.. they used to live there too so now with Alice gone Nan is all on her own .. Bette is very unwell too.. .. I worry about Nan .. she is losing everyone she loves.. Grandad died 12 years ago..
Old 09-27-2008, 07:42 AM   #501  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lose'nit View Post
Hello Everyone,

QOTD
I want to see my jaw drop when I walk by a mirror and happen to see someone's reflection then realize its me.

Have a Great weekend.
Tami
Tami, I LOVE that reply. I am copying it.

Also, I am glad to report another pound down for me. That reminds me, I have to change my ticker. . .
I am really in the zone now, I was able to pass up chocolate birthday cake yesterday, because I didn't want to screw up my weightloss. The old me would never pass up a piece of cake. cya
Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #502  

good loss this week..even after the rib eating episode. -1.8 lbs
Old 09-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #503  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

This week seems to be rough for me, weight-loss-wise. I am on track with my exercise and have been within my points, but I haven't seen any movement from the scale. I am hoping I just need to drink more water (I have been off track with that!) and that it's not the dreaded "p" word. (You know, plateau)

I am going to be a little more conscious of what goes into my mouth this coming week, especially as far as sodium, and keep as hydrated as possible. I do need a new water bottle, as the rubber seal on mine started flaking last week and I tossed it. The low-sodium thing is really hard for me - I don't know how to cook and pretty much everything I eat is high-high-high in sodium.

And of course, I need to go food shopping this week, it's been pouring all weekend...and I walk to the supermarket. It does look like the rain's stopped for a bit this morning, though, so maybe I'll run out now.

Good luck with your weight loss efforts, everyone!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #504  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good morning Bluesers!!!

We made it through another week! Happy to report I stayed on plan all week and excersised every day...Even added to my normal routine. I am up to 24 flights of stairs during my 1 hour walk each day! Amazing since just 2 months ago I was huffing and puffing after a 20 min. walk with 4 flights of stairs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
i got on the scale yesterday and was down to 200...hopefully i can get down one more to onederful onederland.
I'm holding the door open for ya! Can't wait to welcome another blueser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I had a flash of *ok, now you blew it, just eat some m&m's too...start over fresh tomorrow" - all those thoughts from the old me. NO! I'll own my mistake and start fresh right now thank you! Going to run extra tomorrow!!
That is how I used to think also and what kept my binge going day after day. So I think that is the biggest accomplishment when you can stop it. Forgive yourself. And start over right there in the moment. Gigantic Congratulations to you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Either way, I look down on my thighs and am starting to see muscles, so, for me - it's all good. Just sorry I can't help with the total pounds lost this week. Eventually, the scale will move - I have no doubt.
To me, seeing the changes in my body are far more important than what the scale says. The transformation is what we are really going for right? Oh yea...and that health thing...But that hot hard body is what is going to make your wicked sil green with envy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
Today was a bit of a struggle. It was the second free lunch in a row and I overate. Then there was a barbecue supper where I ate quite a bit too. Now I need to pull it back together and pay for my choices.
At least you are aware of the price you must pay for the bad choices...now payup and move forward You can make the better choice next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
BUT....I was also asked twice the dreaded "how much have you lost" question.....
I hate that question. I was asked again yesterday. Everyone thinks it is ok to ask that...how is that not rude to ask a girl about her weight?

My standard reply has become "over 30 lbs" and move the conversation forward away from measurment and back to what is really important....How great I look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
hey guys bit of tough day here again.. me and the kids have the flu.. and we lost two family members today.. which is just awful..
That is awful for you and your family. I will keep you all and particularly your Nan in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling1 View Post
Also, I am glad to report another pound down for me. That reminds me, I have to change my ticker. . .
I am really in the zone now, I was able to pass up chocolate birthday cake yesterday, because I didn't want to screw up my weightloss. The old me would never pass up a piece of cake. cya
Congratulations on a job well done! You will be rewarded by the scale again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
good loss this week..even after the rib eating episode. -1.8 lbs
That is great congratulations!

Hope everyone has a pop weekend!

D
Old 09-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #505  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

QOTD: When you reach your own "diamond" moment of physical transformation, whose jaw would you secretly like to drop to the floor? (We'll never tell! )

ME! I really want to just once look in the mirror and have a OMG moment with home I look to me.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #506  

Still no news on my mom... Which I'm not sure is a good thing, because if she were home she would certainly at least send me an email. I'm not sure what to think. I had very stressful dreams (you know the ones, where you're so busy in your sleep, you wake up feeling exhausted?), so I'm sitting here with some coffee trying to recoup and figure out my day. A big part of me wants to go into binge mode, but I'm not going to let that happen - it so isn't worth it, right?

Somehow I'm posting a maintain this week - though I was up by almost a pound and a half yesterday, it seems that amount *poof*ed away overnight. No loss though.

This week I need to focus on my intake - and keeping it at a reasonable level. I've gotten very lax in counting my points properly and that needs to be the focus of this week!

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #507  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post

Excellent job Abby - you are doing the program so well. Your hubby won't know what hit 'im when he gets back and sees his new hottie.

The scales are stuck for me again this week, though I have been very good. It may be that since I added more intensity to my weight training, I've got some muscle growth.
I know it! I can't wait for teh surprise on his face when he steps pff the bus nd sees the ' new' me! hehe when neve been apart for a few months he freaks out over ' how skinny i've got' SO I can just imagine what he will think after a year!!

I know what you mean about the scales being stuck, dora. i have dded more intensity and weight raining to my program.. so I shouldnt be upset when I don't see the scale go down. I know logically..I feel stronger and whatnot.. i just need to get past that scale phobia i've got! Anyway.. I feel ya! We are getting to be stronger women everyday!! I was wrestling around with DH last night and he said, ' wow.. you've gotten stronger!' hehe must be all those pushups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
I'm def thinking of you and your family. i know what's it's like to be sideswiped with loss all at one time. Big hugs to you.. and get better soon, yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling1 View Post
I was able to pass up chocolate birthday cake yesterday
WOW~ AWESOME! Passing up bday cake is one of my biggest chalenges.. and it doesn't ALWAYS happen! lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I am up to 24 flights of stairs during my 1 hour walk each day!
I noticed all your stair climbing on the exercise thread.. you are motivating me woman... stairs are my worst enemy...but i'm almost ready! Are you using a machine at the gym for this or literally climbing stairs?

I'm down a little bit today. I dont weigh in til monday AM for the the final weigh in.. so I will be busting my butt this weekend, like usual. I know we will have another AWESOME week! and I can't wait to see the results!!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #508  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I noticed all your stair climbing on the exercise thread.. you are motivating me woman... stairs are my worst enemy...but i'm almost ready! Are you using a machine at the gym for this or literally climbing stairs?
I had a bit of a typo. I am up to 22 flights of stairs. I literally climb stairs. I walk at work. All of our office buildings are connected by tunnels with long halls running the length of each building. If I walk very fast through all the buildings twice...it takes 1 hour...and I hit all the stairs that I can along the way to keep my heart rate up. This way I have no excuse for the weather being bad and not doing my walk.

If the weather is nice when I get home...my dogs Love to go for a walk in the park...so I get bonus excersise on those days.

Last edited by djay; 09-27-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #509  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Oops, we are over our 500 post limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddad View Post
I usually only work of Mondays and Fridays and those are not regular free lunch days at the office...but occasionally a rep will schedule one those days and it's a battle...until the food is gone!

Sorry Jaime. That's hard. Does she live far from you?

Sorry for your loss Amy. It's difficult to lose anyone you love, even when it's at the end of a long life. DH's mother is in ICU in end stage pancreatic cancer and it's tough for him. (Tough for me because it's hard for him...unfortunatly I'm not emotionally bonded to her.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
That is how I used to think also and what kept my binge going day after day. So I think that is the biggest accomplishment when you can stop it. Forgive yourself. And start over right there in the moment. Gigantic Congratulations to you!!!!!
Exactly! It's real important to break those negative thought cycles when they try to start up. For years and years my mantra was "tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow, I'll do it right". It's nice to have some power now to stop those thoughts in the beginning and take back control from food. I don't live in a bubble and there will be other times I eat something off plan, but it's doesn't derail me any longer!!!! BTW, congrats on all the stairs! I enjoy the workout stair climbing gives me also. It conditions you quite quickly it seems!

Have a wonderful day Bluesers!!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #510  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Fat Chick-The whole Houston area has a deadline to have 100% power back on by tomorrow (sunday) so hopefully they will have power by tomorrow. I'm in the Houston/Hobby area. If I had known, maybe i could've offered my services in a wedding cake!!! I had to do a birthday cake a week after Ike had hit for my sisterS in law. They didn't want to cancel the birthday party so I still had to do it with no power. That probably was the most frustrating moment through the whole time. I had to go to my mother in laws house to bake since she had power but the cake stuck to the bottom of the pan when i got home so we had to sleep over my bil house to do the cake early saturday morning. It wasn't fun but when I do cakes, it's always worth it.

Nothing much going on. DH's PTSD is being such a pain right now. Don't know how much more of it I can take. I do have to say that while the power was out, he was alot better then normal. He did handle it very well except for the impatient part of it. We didn't fight, we didn't argue, he didn't have any "moments", nothing for the whole 2 weeks we were out. Maybe the power should go out more often!!!!