Old 09-20-2008, 01:52 AM   #136  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

bethbeth and kelleigh and tmil206 super job.
way to go team red members

walked my tush off going to garage sales.
got short of breath a couple of times walking up big steep hills.
got a pilates that is blue and has little nipples all over it?? was $2.00 in
good shape, my husband was supportive in buying it. i think he liked the little
blue nipples things sticking out all over. (accupressure?)
anyone know?? it is comfortable to sit on and lay on
got some ann rice books to try and tupperware and a couple of bedspreads.
got my mom in law some brass trickets, she collets them
everyone have a great day tomorrow.
going to spend it at the volleyball courts all day with the kids for games.
holly
Old 09-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #137  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger n my mirror View Post
Cakses...My poor baby started having problems at school pretty much at the very beginning. I took him to his pediatrician who referred us to a psychologist. Within the first 15 minutes of our visit she told me he was autistic. I freaked out. I took him to a second doctor. This doctor spent three hours with him. Then she read his entire file of school disciplinary records. He had only been in kindergarten for a couple of months and his file was several inches thick. He couldn't sit still. He was disruptive, and violent. He would bite, hit and kick the kids as well as the teacher. The other children wanted nothing to do with him. The doctor said that it is obvious that this poor baby has ADHD with impulsivity. I have no doubt that some children are misdiagnosed and medicated unnecessarily but there are others that truly need it. My son was put on medication nearly two years ago. The change in him was remarkable. And he does not appear drugged. He is just normal. The medication makes him normal. Just two days ago we received some paperwork from the school. They have a program called Circle of Friends. My son has been asked to be a peer model for this program because of his exemplary behavior. They now want the other children to emulate him!
That is great that it's working for him. My son is well liked by his teachers and peers (when he's not hitting them that is), so I know that if he gets help, there will be a remarkable improvement. This doctor I really like because we did the initial appointment (which took 7 months for the referral...stupid Army grr) and even though it's painfully obvious to most people who sit down and watch my son for any length of time, he said he wanted to wait for the school's opinion to add to his file and go from there. I know in the end run this is the best approach, so we don't misdiagnose him. It's hard to wait though when I know there is a way to help him. He did have a pretty good day today though, so that's something! We go back to the doctor in the beginning of October. Thanks for replying!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:53 AM   #138  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

sorry pilaties ball with little nipples all over it
holly
Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #139  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Top Of The Morning To Everyone

First I want to congratulate those who lost weight this week **FANTASTIC** You gals Rock To those who are struggling big to you!

As for me, I weigh in on Monday so I'll know then .

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? I think I'm gonna hang around the house this weekend. The weather here is Beautiful!! I'm gonna give my dog a bath and I bought some new toys for my bird so I'll re arrange her cage and add the toys. Oh yeah and I'm gonna read, I have to catch up to Roni and Karen

Have a great day
Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #140  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Friday Question of the Day

Anyone else struggle to stay on plan on the weekends? What is one healthy habit that you WILL continue to do this weekend?
Honestly, my weekends are fine. I usually do better on the weekends as I will grill and have more fresh fruit and veggies than I do at work.

Quote:
Last night was open house at my youngest dd's school where I am PTA president...well i was noticing we have ALOT of overweight parents in our school (myself included obviously) So I got this weird idea of trying to get a weight loss support group going for parents. Maybe we could do a couple of exercise nights, do our own little "free" meetings because I'm sure most of these parents cant afford things like weight watchers. Maybe even have nights where we all make a healthy meal...learn healthy habits. Oye..I must be nuts, I'm crazy to even think of taking this on right?
That is a great idea Melissa! My DS's school has a walking club for the kids and parents before school if they want to participate. K-2 meet M & W mornings at 8am and 3-4 grade meet T & H mornings at 8am. If I didn't have to be to work by 8am I so would be joining with my son!

----------
alright now it's time to get off to soccer tournaments. My son has 4 3v3 games today. I have never seen a 3v3 game so this will be fun! They have 256 youth participating in this so it is going to be a packed place!

Have a great Saturday!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #141  
~One Day At A Time~

Quote:

Anyone else struggle to stay on plan on the weekends? What is one healthy habit that you WILL continue to do this weekend?
I definitely struggle on the on the weekends! John my BF is home on the weekends and he's always eating junk and fast food. I can't stand it! One healthy habit I'm gonna do this weekend is CALORIE COUNT! I hardly do it on the weekends.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #142  
~One Day At A Time~

Kelly~ Your dog's are beautiful! Especially the first one...The blue one? What a beautiful dog
Old 09-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #143  
~One Day At A Time~

***QUESTION***
What's on the menu for today? Ya know..Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

I need some ideas
Old 09-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #144  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
oh cat! I wish you were in AZ! I work with the cattle dog rescue group out here (New Hope Cattle Dogs) - we have so many wonderful doggers who need rescued! I adore cattle dogs - we've got a blue and a red ourselves - just like the Biggest loser teams!! I'm going to try to put a pic of the blue one below (if that works, I'll see if I can find a good one of our red).

From hun.e.B

I love weekends. I am so much better on the weekends. I have more time to exercise - I typically leave the house at 0830 and get home at 1830 - I'm up at 0430 and in bed by 2030 on the weekdays - so there is only about an hour for the gym (even if I do it in the morning or the evening). I am also WAAAAAAAY less stressed on the weekends. Weekdays, especially lately, for me are just big ol' pile of STRESS. So I eat. Then I feel sick and then guilty so I feel like eating more - nasty cycle that. Whereas, on the weekends, I'm home with hubby and the doggers and the stress is minimal - even when we're busy.

I am excited to weigh in tomorrow and wanted to congratulate all of our losers! I do find it funny that I really really WANT to be a loser!

Oh My goodness. Our Ozzy (Pic below) is a Blue Tick/Blue Heeler Mix! That pic reminded me of Ozzy but with Different ears! I have to say, he's the BESTEST most smartest dog I have EVER had. And I've had a lot of dogs.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #145  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger n my mirror View Post
I have no doubt that some children are misdiagnosed and medicated unnecessarily but there are others that truly need it. My son was put on medication nearly two years ago. The change in him was remarkable. And he does not appear drugged. He is just normal. The medication makes him normal.
I think you hit the nail on the head right there! When these doctors are giving meds as a quick fix to kids who dont need em then we get that drugged kid issue. But those kids who truly do have the chemical inbalances and need the drugs do wonderfully. I'm really glad someone took the time with your son and did it right! Great job mom!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly0660 View Post
sorry pilaties ball with little nipples all over it
holly
I dunno why but this made me laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
Oh yeah and I'm gonna read, I have to catch up to Roni and Karen

Yeah!! Get to readin lady!! Danielle and I are bored and ready to start the next series but waiting impatiently for you guys to finish! You got some good stuff coming up too!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #146  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
***QUESTION***

I need some ideas
I'm not gonna be much help...I'm having yogurt/huckleberries/granola for breakfast. Lunch is during the Griz game and we are having summer sausage/cheese/crackers and chips n salsa for snackies. No clue what is for dinner tonight but we are going to have 3 extra kids so I'm thinking its gonna be pizza or dh and I might run away ....far far away!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

I actually used to struggle a lot when I was counting calories. I've transitioned over to WW and its actually a bit easier because the flex point let you "be bad" on the weekends - but not bad enough to destroy your entire week. It's helped me a lot - especially since I tend to munch a lot when on my butt all day Sunday watching football.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good at home workout video? I woke up this morning and it was FREEZING! Too cold to get up for a run so for those days I can't make it out at night for a run, I thought I'd have a fall back plan.
(I define good as it has helped people lose weight, not it was fun to do.)

I can't wait until my new glasses are in. I got a migraine just from reading over what I've just written. Oof.

Hope everyone has a good weekend if I don't get a chance to chime in at some point!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #148  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
***QUESTION***
B- Special K & Milk

L- Football Munchies (Fried Mushrooms & Mozarella cheese sticks)

D- Jesse's Homemade Spaghetti & Garlic Bread

Although I don't seem to have much od an appetite so far this morning....

Kelly, I forgot to add about Ozzy, Because of his cattle dog ancestry, he is constantly herding up our kitties in this house. He's so funny, and at night he'll get up in the middle of the night to make sure everyone, human and cat are where they are supposed to be. He's also VERY protective and will not tolerate any sort of violence. So if we try and play fight or wrestle around here he's not having it! lol! He also helps discipline the cats, so when they are misbehaving, he'll chase them. lol
Old 09-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #149  
From squishy to buff.....

S/C/G: 325/145/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I am starting to deal with this with my son, and he is only 4! I KNOW he is not ADD, but his preschool teacher last year kept saying he is, and now his teacher this has commented "he just can't sit still." I know without a doubt he is bored to death, they pretty much just color there but he is already starting to read and knows all his phonics, etc. but when I tell them he needs more mental stimulation, he gets bored easy, they just give me blank stares like I'm an idiot.
This same exact thing was what worried me when my oldest son was getting ready for school. After much consideration, research, and prayer, we decided to home school him. I can honestly say it was the best decision we ever made. 13 years later, he is an A student in 11th grade, still learning at home. He and all of his siblings are the "learn outside of the box" type of kids who would have had immense problems in a regular classroom. I know it's not for everyone, but it has been such a blessing to us. PM me if you have questions; I would be happy to answer any.

I hope you and all those who struggle with this find a solution soon.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #150  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

One pound this week...

In the back of my mind, I know I won't see a 2, 3 or 4 pound loss every week. Since March or April I've been taking the weight off very slowly, as I am purposely not dieting. Just making lifestyle changes and becoming more active. Plus, I have to confess, I had a couple of slices of pizza last night. But still. One pound this week... If I was on TBL, I'd probably be kicked right off without a vote! Ok, that's my joke to feel better about it.

Oh well, I may as well suck it up and move on. I knew when I joined the challenge that I'd be disappointed some weeks. Up until now I'd only been weighing about once a month. This is all a part of weight loss though. It's ebb and flow.

Quote:
***QUESTION***
I just finished a piece of toast, scrambled egg whites and a piece of sausage.
I'm going to Kroger in a couple of hours because they have Lean Cuisine on sale. I'll have one of them for lunch and another for dinner with a microwaved potato or some veggies.