Old 09-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #106  

Hi Red Team,
I finally got on and got all 7 pages read.
Here's my survey:

1. What would you like us to call you? Bette or Bette K

2. What eating plan are you using?I have been just trying to watch what I eat, but that hasn't been working so I'm planning on South Beach soon (my son is on leave from Army and I'm busy spoiling him so not starting yet)

3. What is your favorite way to exercise?Walking

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with?getting enough exercise

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at?Knowing what I need to do

6. What is your short term goal?Daily exercise

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?Manicure

8. Best weight loss tip?Don't give up

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian?Jillian

10. Tell us a little about yourself!I'm 49 married for 27 years with 2 children, a son who is almost 19 and in the army (leaving for a year in less than 2 weeks) and a daughter 7 ( a miracle). I live on a farm and work for my church. I love living in the country, love my garden and flowers but I'm not fond of the winter.

Just want to say Hi to everyone, and Roni, I'm glad to be on the Red team with you. I'm also glad to see my friends from the Black team and meet everyone else.
Have a great week!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hello! Wow, theres a ton of conversation going on. Good Luck to everyone!

Hi Eny!

1. What would you like us to call you? Heather

2. What eating plan are you using? Trying to count calories or atleast get within a certain range.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Jogging/walking

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Food, I love food too much.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Well Im still pretty new at this, im not gonna say I excel at anything just yet.

6. What is your short term goal? 20 pds

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? A new outfit

8. Best weight loss tip? Drink lots of water and stay in the threads to keep your motivation up.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Bob

10. Tell us a little about yourself! Im 29. I am single and live back with my father again who drives me to want to eat , lol. I havent always been overweight, it actually just happened about 5 yrs ago. I know I cant get back down if I really try. I attend Devry University and work full time.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #108  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

YAY!!! I'm still RED!
I am kind of sad to see Heather is blue now.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #109  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelie View Post
So I just went online to see when TBL was starting to air and you can watch the first hour of the show online right now!! Just got done with it
I watched it yesterday I'm so excited for it on Tuesday!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 250/187/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I actually have it for the Playstation2. Does the Wii used the dance pad like older versions?
It does have a dance pad. I'm not sure about any other versions. This is the only one I've ever tried. I'm not a video game person normally but I find these physical activity based ones a lot of fun.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

1. What would you like us to call you? Kelly, Kellybones, Bones

2. What eating plan are you using? Mostly WW Flex

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Jogging 5ks on the treadmill (35 minutes is where I am currently - goal is under 30 minutes!)

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? I am an entirely emotional stress eater. Taco Bell and Coke are my massive comfort foods when I have a bad day at work - which lately has been about 3/4!

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Determination. I may lose my motivation every now and then but I have determination out the wazzoo - my husband calls it "Stubborness" but I think determination sounds much nicer!

6. What is your short term goal? Get back to my ticker weight

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I'm thinking of a facial or a massage.

8. Best weight loss tip? Post here, EVERYDAY. ESPECIALLY on a crappy day. It helps. We all help each other!

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? I don't yet have an opinion - but I plan to start watching the show on Tuesday so I'll let you know when I can make an informed choice!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm 28, married and child-free by choice. We have three fat cats and two Australian Cattle dogs (one kinda chubby and one not so chubby). I work as a lab tech, volunteer with a local (Phoenix area) dog rescue, I'm studying for my med tech degree and I just started my weight management class at the local community college. Although I'm up a bit from my ticker weight, I'm still lower than I have been in 5 years - mostly because of the doggers, this board and learning to run 5ks! I've got 5 races planned for this year - my first one is coming up in October, so let's hope it's cooled down enough to run outside by then as it's currently still in the 100s in AZ during the day!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #112  
Rah Rah Red Team!

S/C/G: 188/181/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Red Team!! Everyone has been chatting up a storm! All I have time for right now is to pop in and fill out the survey, but I'm definitely coming back later on to get into the convo

1. What would you like us to call you? Amber is fine with me.

2. What eating plan are you using? I'm an old school calorie counter. I'm also a vegetarian, but that's not weight loss related.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Dancing! I need to do it more, though.

4. What is one area of weight loss that you struggle with? Yo-yoing I can lose 10-15 lbs but it just comes back so quick if I don't pay attention to what I'm doing.

5. What is one area of weight loss that you excel at? My will power is a force to be reckoned with! No temptation problems for me!

6. What is your short term goal? Exercise and water daily! And a 25 lb loss by the end of the challenge.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Probably 6-7 hoodies (I'm a hoodie junkie!).

8. Best weight loss tip? Water water water water water!

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Jillian.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! Well, I just turned 22 on the 11th. I'm a mohawk-wearing, tattoo-having, piercing-sporting, punk from California. I have a ninjacat named Chuck Norris, I'm in love with Patrick Stump, and I want to be Batman when I grow up. I think that's about me in a nutshell.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:49 AM   #113  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

1. What would you like us to call you? Muse or Debb

2. What eating plan are you using? I've been oh so off plan for the past month but normally just my own calorie tracking sorta vaguely south beach like when I'm behaving.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Running, Biking, Turbo-Jam

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Sugar. It's evil.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Exercise when I feel like it. I recently did 2 triathlons this past summer (sprint and Olympic) and I'll be training for a half ironman next summer. (The fear is good incentive to keep it up!)

6. What is your short term goal? For now to try to stick to my food plan. I've been having issues with that lately.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Don't know it's so close but so far away. I'd like to think a trip?

8. Best weight loss tip? Always keep going. Its those who stop who "fail" if you don't stop and ignore the small slips it will keep going in the right direction.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Jillian.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! 34 year old artist and bookbinder. I work out of my home studio and do shows in the fall/winter and sell on Etsy.com. I have 2 cats and a husband... and a new treadmill! Woot!

Glad to be back with Red!

Hi All!

Last edited by Idealmuse; 09-15-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 AM   #114  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Red Team Get to know you Survey

So all of our Red team members if you could be so kind as to introduce, or reintroduce yourselves with the following survey.

1. What would you like us to call you? Kara or gurlygrl

2. What eating plan are you using? South Beach

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Hmm... elliptical, swimming, walking...

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Exercise! I am not very consistent.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Food. I am pretty good at sticking with my plan!

6. What is your short term goal? Havent thought about it yet...

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Wii Fit!!! Or some new clothes.... nails... not sure

8. Best weight loss tip? EAT BREAKFAST! It sets up your whole day!

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Jillian all day long!!! She ROCKS!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I turned 25 this year, live with my boyfriend and our small chihuahua. I work in a law firm and plan on going to law school in the near future. Another Twilight fan!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:22 AM   #115  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Default About Me

1. What would you like us to call you? Ronda

2. What eating plan are you using? Calorie Counting but also watching my carbs. I am diabetic

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Favorite? It's a real struggle for me. I guess it would be have to be walking.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Exercise.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? When I manage to stay on plan with my eating and exercise I lose weight rather quickly even at my old age.

6. What is your short term goal? To lose 10% of my body weight.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Hmmm, I will have to think about that.

8. Best weight loss tip? Eat 5 or 6 small meals. Never skip meals.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? I love Bob!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am 43, just celebrated my 25th anniversary this summer. I have 4 children. My girls are 24 and 16. My boys are 22 and 7. My oldest daughter has blessed me with 2 grandsons age 3 and 6 months. I have lived in Kansas my entire life. I telecommute for an insurance company. I love reading, travelling, playing computer games, cross stitch (although I never seem to finish a project) and country music (Randy Travis specifically). Oh, and red is a good color for me since it is also the color of the Kansas City Chiefs. Go Chiefs!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:54 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Hey everyone!!! I'm so happy to join the red team! This is my first challenge, and I'm determined to make it a good one!

1. What would you like us to call you? Naia

2. What eating plan are you using? Calorie counting & just general healthy eating (more veggies & fruits, whole wheat for white, more water, etc)

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Would turning the pages of a book count? If I had a pool, it would be swimming Since I don't, the elliptical at the gym, Wii Fit & exercise tapes.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Hmmm. All of it? Losing momentum, and exercise.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Not giving up after losing momentum . And, I've finally discovered that I'm much better at modest changes - gradual lifestyle changes - than at big "This One Plan Starting Tomorrow" type changes.

6. What is your short term goal? To stick with this entire challenge, keep chatting, and not lose my momentum! Losing 20lbs would be nice, too

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? An ipod shuffle & armband! I have my regular ipod, but a little shuffle would be so nice at the gym. I love my gadgets

8. Best weight loss tip? I can only repeat what everyone else has said - Water, breakfast, not skipping meals, not beating yourself up for small transgressions, mint gum.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Oooh, this is a hard one. I really like them both, for different reasons. I think Bob wins out just by a touch.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm a 36 yr old singleton nightowl from California, and have been fighting my genetic predisposition to gain weight ever since I was 9 and went on a road-trip with my grandma. That's where I first learned what sitting all day and eating in road-stop diners could do to me. I quickly lost the weight that time when I got home and my mom went I was put on my very first diet. Ah, memories. Most of my family is naturally thin and can get away with little to no exercise & a steady diet of junk -- it was a hard lesson to learn that all things are not created equal when it comes to body fat! My weight crept up into the 160's in Highschool, which then started the Great Yo-Yo Diet Years that lasted through my 20's and into my 30's. My highest weight was 265, and my lowest weight (just 4-5 months ago! darn-it!) was 172. I'm in the 190's now, but I know this challenge will help me get back down again. I'm also newly-ex'd with my bf of 4 yrs, a proud care-taker of 3 very cute kitties (I can't say owner, because they are cats and will not be owned ), and another lover of the Twilight series! I just finished the 4th book last night. So. That's pretty much me!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:36 AM   #117  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Hi there fellow red-teamers! I am so excited about this challenge - I got up early today (1 pm after night duty!) just so I could post in the weigh-in thread. Can you believe I was thinking about it when I woke up?

Anyway...

1. What would you like us to call you? Primm or Ruth, your choice.

2. What eating plan are you using? Weight Watchers Core.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Walking/jogging. Seriously, I HATE exercise with a passion, but these things I can stick with.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with?
Exercise - see above.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Food choices and resisting temptation.

6. What is your short term goal?
15 lb for this challenge.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?
A new pair of jeans.

8. Best weight loss tip?
Water! No question - when I drink 2L of water every day I lose, when I get slack I don't.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? I live in Australia, and haven't ever seen either of them. So no idea!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm a registered nurse working in NICU. I live with my wonderful husband (seriously girls, he cooks, cleans, and still opens the car door for me - even when no-one is looking!) and my 4 boys, 2 my birth children and 2 step sons. Oh, and Floppy-The-Stupidest-Cat-In-The-World.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:41 AM   #118  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGurlyGrlx View Post
YAY!!! I'm still RED!
I am kind of sad to see Heather is blue now.
Awww . Of course I'm still around silly girl
I think Michelle just wants the vegan power to win again
Old 09-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #119  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Last night I avoided eating the little bags of Halloween chips just because I was still wearing my red wrist ribbon, my red t-shirt and red socks. I just kept reminding myself I was on the RED TEAM and I didn't give in. So glad this challenge has started! I just might have to get an entire red wardrobe.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #120  

It's been great reading everyone's intros! I just popped in for a little motivation to be sure I get my exercise in this morning. I work at the YMCA - you'd think getting in exercise everyday would be soooooooooooooooooo easy! It's within walking distance of my house!

So here's a little motivation for everyone else today -

HAVE A SUPER DAY! Here's to lots of healthy food choices, and some good exercise for us all! Oh, and a tall glass of water!