budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

And now I got busy...

I'll never get this challenge up
Old 06-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #137  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Another hot day today....its the humidity that is the killer!
One good thing....drinking lots of water!

Tomorrow is staff photo day at school, so I thought I would get a quick hair cut this afternoon or tonight.....wishful thinking!!!! I called my hair dresser...he recently left a salon to take over the business of a couple that wanted to retire. He bought their house/salon, and took on their customers.
Anyway, I called him this morning.....he does not have any openings until July 9th!
I booked for the end of July, and he gave me a couple of names of stylists from his old salon to call....nothing until Wednesday!! Seems everyone is getting hair cuts to battle the heat!
Well, maybe I can just trim my bangs, and buy a hair colour!
Stay cool everyone!
Chellez...thanks for getting the exercise thread going!!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, I'm with you on the decreased appetite. We even went out a couple of times this weekend and it's even hard to eat restaurant food when the restaurant is not absolutely cool. I'm majorly into salads right now, but it's the dressing that kills. Ditto on the drinking water. My 132 oz a day used to run me to the bathroom constantly, but now it's like I've gotten used to that and want even more! That's the heat effect on my body I guess.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #139  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Holy Guacamole, if I do not get my brows done soon, I may explode.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #140  
budding cinephile

I need to wax mine when I get home!

My husband volunteered me to cook for his parents tonight.... now I have to figure out what I'm going to make!

Still busy... we have like 7 contractors call all at once all wanting something different and things I have to invoice immediately for.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #141  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone. Just doing a quick stop and saying hi. Have a good day.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Sorry for the rant. Parenting children and keeping them safe seems so overwhelming sometime. Think I can just lock them in the house until they are 21?
What a frustrating situation! It seems like some people are so oblivious about their children's safety. Kudos to you for following your gut about the friend's brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Kim -- I have the Garmin Foreunner 305 and I totally ADORE it!
I'm glad to hear a good review! I've been thinking about getting some kind of tracking device for a while now and last night DH said to just pick one out. The 305 looked like it had everything I could want. Now just to wait for it to arrive! I wonder how long it takes for something to get to Canada by priority US postal mail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Will someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
The one nice thing about all this heat we are all experiencing is that it is an appetite depressant -- at least it is for me. How about for everyone else?
I get like that when it's hot, but we're nowhere near that type of weather here yet. The one benefit of living this far north is that we don't get so many heat waves and the humidity around here is low. It all balances out with the winter blizzards though!

So my Dad was supposed to take a look at our car today because it's leaking gas but he's stuck at work right now and I'm not sure what's happening. I got all sorts of house work done and made a nice big lunch for the kids and now I'm kind of in la-la land because I don't know what to do with myself.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #143  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I just received the nicest compliment ever! One of our newer managers who I am helping train (I used to supervise her and really pulled for her to get this promotion) called me her mentor. Me?! I told her that I was honored that she thought of me like that.

Stay cool!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

BTW, I am so exasperated with my oldest DD, her friend and her friend's Mom. My daughter decided to sign up for a Myspace account even though I have forbidden her to do so. I caught her when I read through her e-mails. Then, she proceeds to make up this whole story of how another friend knows her e-mail address and signed up with her information. Please!!! Does she really think I'm that stupid! Then, my SIL is talking with my daughter's friend in Florida...who she just spent the weekend with.....and the Mom says, "She didn't sign up for Myspace. Someone used her information. And, yes I know my daughter has a page because I helped her create it. And, yes I know it says she is 14 because you can't have a page unless you are at least 14." This mother is absolutely clueless!! Doesn't she know that the #1 way that predators are getting to our kids is through the internet. From her daughter's Myspace page, I know what she looks like, what her house looks like, what her first name is, and what school she goes to. Guess what? If I were a predator, I would have absolutey no problem finding this girl! Then,I find out that the brother, a recovering junkie, made comments about how much older and thinner my daughter is looking. What?! Keep your @#$% eyes off my child! Arrgggghhhh! Needless to say, my daughter is not allowed to go to this girl's house ever again.

Sorry for the rant. Parenting children and keeping them safe seems so overwhelming sometime. Think I can just lock them in the house until they are 21?
I understand about this. I will tell you my story regarding myspace. We have a dd who had a myspace page when she was 14 we let her set up one but she had to have me have total access. I would go on and check about once a week but some how life got busy and she had been good so I stopped looking UNTIL I got her cell phone bill one month and looked at the numbers and saw a new number that was not on the mom approved list. Starting looking for more info. Went to her myspace and there was a new friend who was 22 and going to a college in Oklahoma. I took her phone and computer away. This guy was saying how much he loved her and wanted to meet her. So when he called that night I had her phone and told him she was only 14 and he said he know that but I told him this was his one and only phone call ever to her phone before I contacted the school and the FBI. 2 days later he called her again and since I had her phone I told him that he blow his chance of keeping out of the school. I called a friend who is a state trooper who does have a friend in the FBI. They did a search and found out he was a student so this friend called him and told him he had been put on a watch list (which he had) and any further contact he would be put in jail. Luckly this work. Of course I was the mean one, from now on she has to use the computer in the living room. I know that she could be getting on at her friends house but I hope she has learned after many hours of lecturing and showing her news reports about other girls.

Paula

Last edited by chellez; 06-09-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi Everyone,

(According to my home scale which isn’t overly accurate) I am no longer overweight!! Whoo hoo. I started this journey in the obese category. I think I have been over weight nearly all my life. My goal is to get safely within the ‘normal’ weight category. The scale tells a slightly different story when I bring it to the office.

I won the Office Biggest Loser competition. Thank you for all the exercise challenges I don’t think I would have won otherwise. We are doing it again this month; I am not so confident that I will win.

Thanks to everyone for helping me get down to this weight!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default in the heat wave

half day tomorrow - too much heat for our school building - no ac in it -
have to outline the changes and then viola! a gift of free time to clean and organize the classroom.

have to watch out for the plants - we may have a thunderstorm so could change it to less humid and hot heat.

diet wise - lots of liquids - no ac in my home either but it isn't too bad keeping it shut tight with fans sort of blowing around

what is happening for all of you?

Last edited by trailgroomer; 06-09-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #147  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
IWent to her myspace and there was a new friend who was 22 and going to a college in Oklahoma..... This guy was saying how much he loved her and wanted to meet her.
OMG, Paula! That is my nightmare...that some pervert will try to tell her a bunch of lies and hook up with my baby! She thinks she's so smart and says that she'd never get in an online relationship with someone and that I don't trust her. No, I don't trust her! She's 12. She thinks like a child and does not have the reasoning skills of an adult. I'm looking into some software to install on the computer. I've heard that they have some that shows screen shots of what they've typed and will show me everywhere she goes. And, I will tell her what I'm doing. I will be honest with her...'Mom sees what you see and type, and knows who you're talking with.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
Hi Everyone,

(According to my home scale which isn’t overly accurate) I am no longer overweight!! .......I won the Office Biggest Loser competition.
Congratulations!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-09-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #148  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I need to wax mine when I get home!

My husband volunteered me to cook for his parents tonight.... now I have to figure out what I'm going to make!

Still busy... we have like 7 contractors call all at once all wanting something different and things I have to invoice immediately for.
Hey, I have a friend who lived in France, and when she is in a bind, she make what is called a 'French Day Salad". You cook some rice and then add tuna, boiled egg, chopped tomato and scallions. Mix it all with balsamic vinaigrette. Soooo easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I just received the nicest compliment ever! One of our newer managers who I am helping train (I used to supervise her and really pulled for her to get this promotion) called me her mentor. Me?! I told her that I was honored that she thought of me like that.

Stay cool!
That is really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
Hi Everyone,

(According to my home scale which isn’t overly accurate) I am no longer overweight!!
Oh, that is so great. I would be perfectly happy if I could get to 148, maintain and not be overweight. Not optimal, but I could live with it.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #149  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Hey, I have a friend who lived in France, and when she is in a bind, she make what is called a 'French Day Salad". You cook some rice and then add tuna, boiled egg, chopped tomato and scallions. Mix it all with balsamic vinaigrette. Soooo easy.
Tuna is a no go with me. I'll find something... I have chicken coming out of my !
Old 06-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default light eating

on the tee - thanks for the recipe - I will try it tomorrow - tonight is all set

optimal weight for me is far off - I would like to say that for my height is 130 pounds -but charts range as low as 125 pounds

I dream about getting to 140 and hold there would be quite happily liveable