Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #76  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

WOW, I have missed a TON! I've missed you guys and will hopefully be back online consistently starting tomorrow when I go back to work.

As for now, I got back from my business trip and stepped on the scale this morning thinking I'd at least have maintained some water due to eating restaurant food (sodium city!), so I was prepared to see a bit of a jump up in weight. Instead, it said 298 this omrning (-1 from last week) My focus on low carb during my travels has obviously worked out prety well.

And my glucose levels have appreciated my eating low carb as well. The first day we got there, I spiked up to 221 because I had a wrap and forgot my medication once. Lat night, my glucose was 121, and 137 this morning (mine is always higher in the morning for some reason). Definitely an improvement. I'm hoping not to see spikes above 160 anymore. From an initial fasting of 214, seems like not bad progress for the first 3 weeks after diagnosis.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #77  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
No tornado in your neighborhood, Anna?
Sigh...no. All around us, and flash flooding everywhere, but no excitement.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #78  
Accepting who she is

Ok, Meara got up early, and it is 8:15 here.

I have cleaned all three bathrooms, given everyone breakfast, done 1.5 loads of laundry. After I get this next batch of clothes moved around, I am going to work in the garden.

It is possible that all my work will be done by 10 AM, which is good because it is supposed to be 92 here today. There is a high probability of my doing my time on the treadmill today instead of the road. I HATE hot workouts.

I hope you all are having a delightful weekend.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #79  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang. My husband just told me I look skinny, now I'm on cloud 9. Whoo hoo! We've been planning our July vacation to Monterey/Big Sur this weekend and we've both gotten really excited about it. It's been forever since we've been away together. We've got tons of hiking trips planned, some whale watching, and some kayaking, and it is just gong to ROCK. He also seems to understand about how I'll still need to be in control of my food and is helping me come up with strategies for when we are away. He mapped out all the Trader Joes in that area so we can pick up vegan healthy stuff for me and not be constantly eating out.

I'm staying very focused on getting into the best shape possible before I go (40 days from today). I've been completely on plan for 88 days now, without a single binge or even a single taste of an unhealthy food, and it is beginning to feel like that is NORMAL, instead of an aberration. Whatever switch was thrown in my head I hope it never gets flipped off because I now lust after vegetables the way I used to lust after fast food. I honestly never thought that was possible, I thought it was just going to take brute will power and excellent planning for the rest of my life to make good choices. But it looks like my tastes and habits really are changing, and it is so worth it.

The scale is reflecting a 3.8 pound loss for me this week as of this morning, but I officially weigh in tomorrow. I'm really happy with that. I actually cut back just a bit on working out this week and I lost more, so I think I might have been overdoing it just a bit. Good to know.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-08-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #80  
Accepting who she is

Hey, Josephine, there is a book that lists natural foods/veggies markets and restaurants. We used it when we traveled last year, and we were very pleased.

It is pretty old, but we still use it:
http://www.amazon.com/Artichoke-Trai...2935459&sr=8-5
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #81  

Height: 5'7"

Jill - I must have missed when you posted your last loss that got you into the 200's, I just saw that you weighed in at 298, that's awesome!! Congrats, I've been watching your progress all through this challenge, let me tell you it's inspiring to see someone have such wonderful success on a consistent basis. Just wanted to tell you that

Anna - It's 11:30 here and I feel proud of myself having done the dishes and picked up the living room You must be some kind of wonder woman to have done all that already this morning! Hope you enjoy your workout, whether it ends up being inside or not...

Josephine - Your vacation sounds like fun. I hope to be where you are one day, that mentality of craving the healthy stuff and not even looking at the junk. 88 days OP is jaw-dropping amazing to me! And congrats on the wonderful loss!

Well, I don't have any big plans for today... I've got the itch to do some baking but the last thing I need to do diet-wise is bake. Whenever I have baked goods laying around I rationalize bite after bite, piece after piece... So I think I'm going to hold off until after dinner (roast chicken and squash, some kind of veg TBD) and then do the baking. That way I won't have to sit around all day with baked goodies taunting me. Off they go to the office with me tomorrow - I work with a bunch of single mid-twenties guys and you have no idea how satisfying it is to have all of them rave over the slightest bit of home-cooked anything

Well, I have work to catch up on today and some vacuuming today. Hope others are doing well, having more adventurous Sundays than I.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

hot here - got out before the heat really sets in

otherwise going to a basketball game where the ac is running

hope all have a pleasant Sunday
Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #83  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I've been completely on plan for 88 days now, without a single binge or even a single taste of an unhealthy food, and it is beginning to feel like that is NORMAL, instead of an aberration.
That is just awesome and inspiring and amazing and a whole slew of other positive adjectives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Jill - I must have missed when you posted your last loss that got you into the 200's, I just saw that you weighed in at 298, that's awesome!! Congrats, I've been watching your progress all through this challenge, let me tell you it's inspiring to see someone have such wonderful success on a consistent basis. Just wanted to tell you that
Thank you SO much! I struggled a lot right before this challenge began and hit my highest weight ever in February of this year. I started South Beach but wasn't a perfect angel about it, and lost some weight, but not much, got frustrated, binged...enter beginning of evil cycle of yo-yo dieting I didn't really "celebrate" my getting below 300 this time around because I have done so in the past, only to re-gain and balloon even higher than before.

This challenge has pretty much literally been a lifesaver for me. I'm below 300 pounds now (for the first time in probably close to a year), and the DMII diagnosis means, for me, I can NOT go off track. No more eating frosting on a spoon, no more entire pints of ice cream in a sitting, no more sugary dressings and sauces drowning my food...I know I'm going to be much more strict about it than many other diagnosed diabetics because I've been reading a ton of articles and research and blogs to really get a firm grasp on why low carb is the best way to live for me. I am confident I'll be off medication if I stick to it, and I'll lose weight along the way!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #84  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Anna - It's 11:30 here and I feel proud of myself having done the dishes and picked up the living room You must be some kind of wonder woman to have done all that already this morning! Hope you enjoy your workout, whether it ends up being inside or not...

My work is done, but because I was up so early, I am a raging horse's butt, so it totally was not worth it to any of us.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #85  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
i was about to go to McDonald's.......okay, that is not remotely true, but I did miss all my women and their support!
Funny, because Friday I did end up getting totally off plan with about a zillion coronas and tortilla chips and salsa and steak quesadillas. I guess that is what happens without this site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
I just realized I think I need to revise my biggest loser challenge goal! I am only 1 pound away to achieving what I hoped to achieve by the end of this challenge.
Wow that is amazing! Congratulations!

Between working overtime, moving, power outages and gas leaks, I haven't been getting much conventional exercise recently, but I have been walking a LOT (in the 90 degree heat-- which I secretly love!) around town and carrying lots of heavy boxes, so hopefully I'm not too derailed...
Old 06-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #86  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariarose View Post
Funny, because Friday I did end up getting totally off plan with about a zillion coronas and tortilla chips and salsa and steak quesadillas. I guess that is what happens without this site!

If I am going down, that is the way to go!!
Old 06-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #87  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Hey, Josephine, there is a book that lists natural foods/veggies markets and restaurants. We used it when we traveled last year, and we were very pleased.

It is pretty old, but we still use it:
http://www.amazon.com/Artichoke-Trai...2935459&sr=8-5
Awesome, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Without the book, can you elaborate? I love mind-body connection info. Can you remember the book's title?
I can't really remember too much because I read it 6 years ago. I don't remember the title either but I know it was some tiny paperback that was printed in the 70's and I bought it at a second hand book shop.

I did a quick Google search and there are some neat looking books on Amazon that are about the spiritual aspects of running. Kinda cool. I think that running is such a mental sport and I really enjoy including spiritual and subtle energy type things too. I look at running as my form of moving meditation and my chance to have conversations with my body. Doing self-Reiki during a run is always cool too.

I may not have a career in the holistic health field as I'd planned but it sure comes in handy in daily life!

On a totally different topic, I'm about to head out the door to a clothing exchange at a friend's house. I've got a massive pile of clothing that I pulled out of my closet last week and hopefully I'll come home with some new stuff!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #89  
Accepting who she is

Kim, why don't you live near me?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #90  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

OK, posted a big long post and then lost it. I usually copy my big posts just in case that happens, but didn't this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I am confident I'll be off medication if I stick to it, and I'll lose weight along the way!
I'm also confident that you'll be able to control it by diet and exercise! You have such an great attitude! I remember when DH was diagnosed and we went to the 4 week class. It is a scary disease, but it is SO controllable. I remember the DH shared with the class (after some people had been being quite upset and emotional) how this diagnosis was so different than cancer or other terminal diseases because you can do so much for yourself by following the recommendations of diet and exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
My husband just told me I look skinny, now I'm on cloud 9. Whoo hoo!
I just noticed that you are 5'10 - I bet you are looking slim now! You have such great - amounts each week too! Congrats!

Quote:
My work is done, but because I was up so early, I am a raging horse's butt, so it totally was not worth it to any of us.
Yeah, lack of sleep (or just getting up too early) makes me an ***.

Quote:
If I am going down, that is the way to go!!
Tortilla chips, salsa and beer would be my first choice for a "last supper"!

Very quiet day here. We have to take my car to the shop tonight so our mechanic can check out what happened to it on Friday. DH got called into work, so I'm stranded at home. I've baked zucchini bread with loads of modifications...1/2 the fat and substituted banana for the other half. Cut the sugar down by over half and used a combination of honey and sucanat. Added extra zucchini and a cup of grated carrots. Omitted the nuts.

Now I have turkey-feta meatballs baking in the oven to do something with for dinner. I guess pasta.

I'm down 1.5 for this week. I was the lowest I've been on exercise so far this competition. Met the goal, but no cabana boy this week.

Last edited by Nori71; 06-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.