Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Just checking in to share some good news.. I got my driving license this morning!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #122  
Mikey's girl

GOOOOOOD MORNING!!!1
I have bee busy cleaning out the house, time to DECLUTTER everything now that I have a small break form school!~ I am having a rough time with my 10 1/2 month old, she was sleeping through the night since about 5 months, and now all of a sudden she gets up at 2 am EVERY night, same time and everything, and screams til I give her like 4 oz of a bottle, like a comfort bottle... AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH SO little to say, Im NOT getting good sleep these days.. I am working out everyday, and staying pretty close to on plan..
Theresia- CONGRATS!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #123  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Black Team. Just a quick check in for the day. Yesterday was spent rearranging our office and moving desks, bookcases, computers, etc. Then last night I finished planting the annuals and helped DBF lay out the new storage shed he's building next week. I'm sure I'll get suckered into helping with that as it's mostly my stuff that will be going into it!! Anyway, I am off tomorrow as I have to take my dad to 3 different doctors. Then have graduation parties on Sunday. According to the scale this morning I'm up 2.5 pounds but I am thinking it's water as I feel really puffy. I'll drink some hot lemon water and see if it comes back off before my official WI. When I started this challenge my "official" weigh in day was on Friday. Now I find it's when I feel the scale is kindest to me.

Anyway, I better get off here now. I'll try to check back in later. Everyone have a great Thursday. Let's all make good choices today!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #124  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Theresia!
Been sick for a couple days, but feeling better now. Hopefully will get another good bike ride in tonight...
Old 05-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
Out of curiosity (and I think someone might have asked this earlier; if so, sorry), is it OK to wait until Monday and just post whatever your lowest weight for the week was (if you weighed multiple times), even if that's not your weight on Monday? I mean, I know no one would know if I did that, but is it sort of on your honor that you don't? I'm just not sure if there's a rule about that.
I think someone mentioned that they posted this question in the FAQ thread. So, we shall await an answer from there. I do however know that some people weigh themselves everyday and then will post the "average" weight for the week for their weigh-ins. I personally don't see a problem doing it this way - but I am naiive...lol.

"What have you discovered on your weight loss journey that surprises you?"
When I'm sweating at the gym.... I feel so stinkin' sexy!!!! Whoever knew that sweating could make one feel sexy!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #126  

Congratulations, Theresia! Driver's licenses are Big Life Changes!

JustForUs -- when you have a moment, would you talk about the 24 hour walk? How does that work? A lady around here organized a dusk to dawn walk for suicide prevention (to symbolize the walk out of darkness). Walking 24 hours sounds really cool.

ggmugsy -- thanks for the kick! Wonderful post!

Just checking in, I know I don't post enough -- I check in several times during the day and always think I'll come back and post when I have something valuable to say. Which apparently only happens every other day (hah!). I will do better, even if I have little, if any, wisdom to impart.

So my big challenge this week is Memorial Day -- apparently going to spend the weekend at my parents when I thought I had cleverly gotten out of it without appearing to -- all the comfort food of home in copious amounts and not very much to do and all the lovely Familial Stress! And no where to workout (it's a relatively small town in AR).

My current thought is to bring a bunch of stuff to do. My husband does medieval re-enactment (www.sca.org if you're interested) and could always do with a few new shirts. There is a small school running track the next town over and if it's not raining I can go there a couple times a day. I may bring some stuff to make up a "vision board" to keep myself thinking about my goals.

Any other thoughts on coping with the food/folks/fun trap?

QOD: What on my weight loss journey has surprised me? It's a two sided coin -- I'm surprised sometimes at what I can't do, how far I've let my physical self deteriorate. When I was walking the 5K, I honestly could not make my legs go faster. But on the other side, I get really surprised at how fast I can train up -- when I first started walking again on my first big loss attempt, I could only go 5-10 minutes before my back starting aching. Within a month or two, I was up to 30 minutes and had doubled my pace. Even this time, after taking the year off and gaining back, I didn't start at the 5-10 minutes again and I'm back up to 45 minutes at 2.6-3 mph over 2-3 months. I want to run again. This time I hope I will get there.

Good luck!

Barb

Last edited by Keillynsmom; 05-22-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Here's is what Chellez said in the FAQ thread about the weigh-in question:

"There's not an official rule about it, but its kind of unspoken that you post what you weigh on your weigh in day, not what you weighed days ago.

If everyone posted that way, no one ever have gains, and the numbers would always be off from what they should be.

So while the team leaders can not prove that anyone practices this method, I don't think any of us approve of it. (I know that I don't!)

I would suggest that if you weigh in multiple times during the week and you hit a number you can be happy with before deadline, pick that number and settle with it.

Then again if you do decide to go with the method you're suggesting, it's your conscience it has to weigh on, not mine. "
Old 05-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/176

Height: 5' 10.5"

Hello, ladies

today I came home ( I'm on university in another city and I come home 4-5 times a year) and first thing my father told me was that I've lost a fair bit of weight I haven't told my parents that I'm calorie counting yet, but they said that it's noticeable... first thing that they comment on is my weight and I find it annoying but they are my parents and I love them. But if they told me I gained weight (after losing 13lbs) I think I would start screaming

I decided I won't count calories here because I don't have my fitday and my mother cooks. I want to relax and I'm happy to be home. bad thing is, I started to behave like I'm home which means that no chocolate is safe when I'm around

I'll try to restrain myself because I don't want to dissapoint you all and it's time for me to learn that food doesn't controll my life
Old 05-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #129  
Mikey's girl

Keillynsmom- Hi!! The 24 hour walk is soemthing that pretty close to every city here in Michigan does. The american cancer society puts it on, and its usually at a park with a path that goes in a circle or like a highschool track. You can get a team together to raise money and be there for the full 24 hours. WE had a 2 tents, one to rest in, and one that was along the path, (There were 75 teams -75 tents, anyone is welcome to join) we started at 10 am sat. morning with a "survivor walk" and then from that point on we had different people on our team who would run the tent (we did a dunk tank -which was a huge hit even though it was SUPER cold,,, I even made in it!!) and others would walk the 1.5 mile path. THere was all sorts of things being sold, so many kids actvities. Just a great happy time. We had some bad weather for a awhile, but everyone trucked through it.We also sold luminer bags, that lined the path and at dusk we had a silent walk to remember those who have passed.. very emtional. .
we raised money, for the american cancer society and got a GREAT workout!! The city of canton alone for that 24hours raised $250,000.00 !!!
I am currently looking for more walks to join, you meet so many great people and it's just great experience!! A dusk to dawn walk would be fun!
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #130  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresia View Post
Just checking in to share some good news.. I got my driving license this morning!!!!!!

Hooray!!!! Good Job Theresia! Happy driving! Be careful out there
Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

I have one question.. Any plans yet for what we shall do on saturday 24 to earn some extra cash for the challenge??
Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #132  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Hm, RE weigh ins, I decided at the beginning of this just to post what I am on my official weigh in day, good or bad...it's real. Too much to keep track of already without worrying about which day I should choose

The biggest surprise is that I actually have to work really HARD at this! I know that sounds like a no-brainer, but that stuff about it getting so much harder the older you get turns out to be TRUE!! I know that when I really made strides before (about 6 years ago) I WAS working out more than one hour a day 5 to 6 times a week, and darn it, I have to do that and MORE now! Which means I have to REALLY want this and it has to become a major part of my life in order to maintain it.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
I sometimes weigh little bit more on Monday (which happens to be my official weigh-in day) because I eat Korean food over the weekends and they tend to have higher sodium=water retention. . .
So why don't you change your WI day? There is nothing special about Monday, and if it's typically your highest day of the week, I would switch it
Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Went to a farm with my son's preschool class today and we had a ton of fun. They got to feed about every animal you could imagine, and ran wild for over 2 hours. I got to walk around some holding hands with little Emma, the one who lost her mother. She has been a more quiet little girl, but she seemed very sad and withdrawn. She would not feed any of the animals and I really didn't see her smile much, and she hardly talked to anyone. She held my hand some, then spent the rest of the day holding hands with the teacher. I wanted to cry walking with her, can only imagine the pain and confusion in her little head They are collecting money or clothing for her and the older brother, so I am going shopping for her this weekend, will try to find something soft and comforting that help beyond clothing.

OKAY, onto happier things...

Keillynsmom & Oolong, good luck finding your way back at your hometowns. I am kind of glad my trip back home this summer won't happen because of gas prices. I really miss my family, but I don't know how to get through a visit there yet without throwing away all my progress.

JustForUs, I remember those long, sleepless nights and I do not envy you one bit. Hang in there, they grow so fast and before you know it you'll be well rested and wishing for a baby again

CONGRATS Theresia!

Sunback, I am a newbie to this team as well, as I think a lot of us probably are. No intimidation, just jump in I am also a huge emotional eater, but I can control it a lot better now that I have dealt with some of my issues...journaling and Dr. Phil's book have taken me far
Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Well I come back from my Denver trip to find that we are on the third thread! Yay black team! I haven't caught up on all the pages yet, that will be for tonight when I lounge around.

One of my surprises came during this trip to Denver. I packed all my usual professional clothes including a nice skirt I had just bought in February (I started my healthy lifestyle in March). When I got there and got dressed for the first day of the meeting, my friend was laughing at me because my skirt was too big and looked ridiculous! I would have never expected that to happen! I guess the surprise was that this was actual proof that losing weight was making a difference.

Last edited by orthodiva; 05-22-2008 at 10:30 PM.