Old 05-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #226  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I took my daughter to a concert last night. It was a couple of Christian rock bands...Shane & Shane and then Starfield. I felt "old" being surrounded by a huge group of screaming teens! Good concert though!
This flu bug I caught over the weekend really affected my week. I didn't get any exercise in...other than walking to and from work....so next week I need to turn on the heat and get my butt moving again.
I had started the C25K awhile back, and I am going to start it again...I only got to week 3 anyway.
Time for some weekend cleaning....after I go back and read some of the posts I have missed over the last few days.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

I lost my blue cheerleaders!!
How do I get them back??

Last edited by Dea; 05-10-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #227  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I just browsed thru all of the beautiful wedding photos. Amazing pics ladies!!
I will have to dig up some of mine....they are 16 years old, but I haven't looked at them in ages. Being a scrapbooker, I have too many other photos to look at I guess!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #228  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Thanks to those to who shared pics--we have a great looking blue team!!!!!

Nothing major planned this weekend. I need to get some cleaning done around here. Dh is working during the day today, so we actually get to spend an evening together! If the rain holds off I'll take the dogs for a walk later.

Have a great on plan day everyone!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #229  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Pictures of everyone are great.

To cover a couple of topics.

Stilulus Checks, the last 2 digits are for whoever is FIRST on your tax form ... so even though I end in 13, we won't get our checks before the 16th since my DH ends in 76 and he is first. Now the set of 2 dates provided are ONLY for those whose returns were filed and received before the 15th of April AND received a single direct depost. ALL others will get their checks last and by paper. I think I read somewhere they plan to have it all out by 2 June, but not sure on that last bit.

I think I have finally broken out of this plateu I was in for waffling around 217 for 4 weeks. We will see come Wednesday.

I think I am going to try this debit free thing that Anna and everyone are talking about. We aren't too bad other than being house poor, as we have only a little cc debit, which I need to get rid of immediately and put them away and only 1 car payment. This looks like a good plan for me to work on.

I made it to the beach with 200 extra minutes, so I have to look for my cabana boy (or do I get 2 more )

HAVE A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE
Old 05-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #230  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Crazy chit girl, I had spotting on day 13 and cramping and was very worried, I was getting a little silly with the exercise though. I took a urine test on Monday night (I know way too soon) that said I was not. But glad to know I am not crazy here. Today I had some PMS mood swings and other symptoms.
I had my tubal done during my c-section so I don't think I need to worry about testing. I haven't been regular since I came off bcp so I don't know why I am so surprised it showed up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
I lost my blue cheerleaders!!
How do I get them back??
They are in the smilies now. Or you can type : cheer3 : with no spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I made it to the beach with 200 extra minutes, so I have to look for my cabana boy (or do I get 2 more )
I say you should get TWO cabana boys.

I forgot who wanted their tickers side by side. You need to paste both codes for small tickers, highlight them and then click to align center. Then take out all the spaces in the codes. Hope that helps.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 05-10-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #231  
Lovin' Zumba!

Morning gals! I'm posting a 1# loss for this week. Not great, but hey, it's moving in the right direction. I've had problems with lots of salty foods this week - for some reason it's been easier to use more processed stuff than I usually do, as of late, and I'm seeing it in puffiness. I guess I'd better start cooking more!

Geez - I'm going to have to bust butt to get my exercise minutes in this week - this is much more than I'm used to doing (at least recently!)

Thanks for sharing all the photos - DH and I just got married this past September, so I have lots of photos from the wedding. I'll just share this one for now, as well as one of me from Fall 2004, when DH and I had just met.
Cindy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctg2005.jpg (9.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0210-1.jpg (29.8 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #232  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

bleh. I am tired. Saturdays are supposed to be my morning to sleep in. We always get up around 5-6am to feed the pups and take them out, which we did, then go back to bed, which we did. So we were back in bed before 7. We would normally then stay in bedd till about 11. But no, the phone rang at just before 8:30. We're expecting a delivery of patio furniture from Sears, and they were calling to confirm the delivery timeframe--for the THIRD time! It's good to be thorough, but really, 3 times? Twice yesterday and once again this morning. Overkill much?

So then I get back to sleep, and about an hour later, the phone rings AGAIN. It's a guy Jeff works with who was supposed to come help us power wash our deck today, but then cancelled on Jeff yesterday. Well, he called this morning to let us know he could come after all. It was nice of him, and we appreciate his help with the deck, but I was mad about being woken up again. He said he's going to try to b here around noon.

I tried going back to sleep again, but I just tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable because my back hurt (which happens if I lay around in bed too long, but I'm usually sleeping so I don't notice it ).

So now it's about 10:40, and I can't go back to bed because it hurts my back, and this guy will be here in less than an hour and half to help with the deck, and I'm doing dishes (just emptied the dishwasher and then loaded it and ran it again--yes, we had a LOT of dishes in the sink). We also now have to take everything off the deck, but everything is wet from the rain this morning, so I don't know where we'll put it. I also plan on doing some cooking today to get me started on meals for next week. Oh, and I need 50 more minutes of exercise to complete this week's challenge.

Alright, I'm just babbling now. And it's not even happy babbling at that, so I'm going to go start some chores
Old 05-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #233  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Happy Saturday, Bluesers! Thanks for all of the pictures...love them! Hey, Chellez, any chance of having a page in the stickies where we can keep some of these? I love "seeing" who I'm talking with.

Today is my official weigh-in day and I'm glad to say that I had an overnight whoosh and managed to have a loss for this week of 1.8 pounds!

Zinke - I'm sorry to hear that AF came early. I'm on hormone therapy. When I start losing weight and working out, I always have to adjust my dosages as the release of estrogen from my fat stores really starts to make me a bit wacky! This is probably what you are experiencing. How old are you? I hate to say this, but erratic monthlies can be a sign of some other big changes coming into a woman's life...ie. perimenopause.

Jill - I hope your day gets better.

Kelly - You should get 2 more cabana boys! You're gonna need them for all of that pampering you deserve for doing all of that exercise!

Dea - When will you be starting the C25K? I'm re-starting on Monday.

Cindy - Oh my goodness, you're another Blue team hottie! Congrats on your loss for the week!

Anjuli - I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling blah. Hang in there. Fortunately, TOM doesn't stay around forever.

Well, I better quit posting and get ready. Hubby took the pup to the vet and we're going window treatment browsing when he gets home. BTW.....my Hubby likes long legs and big "girls." I'm not sure what will happen to the girls once I reach goal...I'm picturing deflated baloons. But, I'm working on the legs. 75 minutes of walking the hills in the neighborhood and beginning the C25K on Monday can only help. Also, I just have to mention that Hubby has now lost 40 pounds and is looking mighty fine! He wants to lose another 40. Then, if he starts lifting the weights and gets a tat on his biceps......oh my, oh my!

I'll check back in again later. Chatting with you Bluesers really does keep me focused on this weight loss challenge. Thanks!

GO BLUE!

PS....Francie, buying a house is one of the biggest investments you can make in your lifetime. The goal is to buy low and sell high with a starter home in a progressive neighborhood. Typically, you will need to stay in the house from 5-10 years to get a good investment. From what Fran is saying, the lower $ areas might not be the progressive areas. Please be careful.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-10-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #234  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

It's been a productive Saturday for me, so far. I've gotten enough minutes for a badge this week, and I plan to finish up tonight for another cabana boy. I dropped the dog off at the groomers, did some laundry, ran some errands, and now I'm back and about to start cleaning and then mowing my jungle-like yard.

Have I mentioned how cool gmaps pedometer is? I just used it to figure out that 40 laps around my back yard is a 5K. I'm considering puttting in my own path/trail. I don't think I'd even mulch it, just wear it down over time.

Someone is messing with the smilies, they seem to be in a different order. How OCD am I that it bothers me? I'm just weird I guess.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #235  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Francie - I've just read several articles on the benefits of renting vs. buying, and basically I think we're going to be renting for a long time. This area of FL is having all sorts of home owners insurance / property tax issues from the last few hurricanes, and for what we rent a 3B/2B house on a 1/2 acre, we wouldn't even be able to afford a cardboard box in the "hood".
Old 05-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #236  
Made of Starstuff

Good & Happy Morning Everyone!!!

I've had such a great day so far. Got some errands done, about to eat a lovely lunch, took a very long walk around a field today. Beautiful out. It's a Disney-Gorgeous day. (Sun, birds, random singing... you get the idea.)

Todays plans include... cleaning... more cleaning... did I mention cleaning?

Ooooh and maybe some shopping!

The fiance' did not come down to visit this week. At first I was a little sad & missing him... but well, I've got to admit, I really like having some time, like a whole day, all to myself. Oh boy... how to manage that when we're married? How do you married people manage to get some all by yourself alone time? Or do you not like to do that?

Have a great day, everyone

Sending good cheer vibes everywhere
Old 05-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #237  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Good morning!
Today is normally my weigh in but I am exactly the same as last week so I'm holding out for a little more. So I will either weigh in tomorrow morning or Monday morning.

I got a new cell phone today. For free! I have Verizon so I used my new every two money. I got an Orange enV! Love it--Orange for my Florida Gators. I also love that I can flip the phone open and and type on a keypad for texting. My chocolate was getting on my nerves.

Stimulus money--I get $300. It's not here yet because I paid by check and it was postmarked April 15th. I was thinking half in savings and half to buy some clothes at Kohl's. I usually hit them up Memorial Day weekend or July 4th every year. I purchase a lot of capri pants (they have petite plus capris) and shorts and they have a lot of cute tops. In the summer I live in capri pants, shorts, and work shirts. I live in my car visiting camps and "my kids"-- the ones with disabilities-- making sure they are being included.

This morning I was on the computer and BF asked me if I was studying or talking with the "3 Fat Chicks". I said talking with the "3 Fat Chicks". He said you are always talking with them. I said I know it keeps me out of the kitchen. Just thought I would share that bc I don't know what I would do without 3FC. My coworkers get to hear about ya'll all of the time.

Last edited by Shay; 05-10-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #238  
Made of Starstuff

Shay - My fiance' is subjected to hearing all the 3FC goings on, as well. And he always seems thrilled to listen
Old 05-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #239  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!!

I stayed up until 4am finishing a book, lol. Then I made the biggest mistake ever. I slept with 2 fan on and the window open. Normally I just sleep with one fan on, but it was hot last night. Anyhoo..I woke up with a dry throat. It hurt to even talk. One of the cats got on top of the counter, and I tried to yell at her..and only a whisper came out, lol. She looked at me like she knew she was in trouble, but didnt know what to do, lol. So ya..I'm just sipping on some green tea right now hoping it will help. I think walking around last night had something to do with it too. I'm like my grandfather..the night air is bad for me, lol.

Dh FINALLY emailed me back this morning (thats part of the reason why I stayed up so late reading, but he never emailed me then). He just wants to rent now. I'm still pushing for base housing. I dont think I'll get him to cave..I need him here in person to do all my cute begging stuff, lol. And he mentioned that we're from the ghetto part of Phoenix..so we could survive in the ghetto part of anywhere again, lol. I kinda doubt that..because we did grow up there, so we were used to it. But going to a new place is kinda different. I dont even like to be in Seattle when it gets dark, lol. We'll see what happens. OH..my friend did say that she's literly 2 hours away from where we'll be moving!!! YAY!!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-10-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #240  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey..I found more pics from my wedding!!!

look at his cheesy grin..lol

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-10-2008 at 03:45 PM.