3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   TBL "Just Beachy" Black Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/141499-tbl-just-beachy-black-team-chat-2-a.html)

glitterlicious 05-06-2008 09:17 AM

Yesterday was so incredibly and amazingly OP. It makes me feel really good about myself and my progress these past few days. I'm really getting into the swing of things and I am convinced I can make some serious changes in these upcoming 14 weeks. :)

Time to get going with my day! Hopefully its a good one! (I'm wearing my skinny jeans today)

Happy Tuesday to you all.

chiquita623 05-06-2008 09:23 AM

Troo - I'm the same way so I decided to not sign up for that challenge. I'll just keep plugging away on the team challenge.

Sally - I too posted a gain. I was OP and upped my workouts. I'm hoping that this week shows a loss. I'm trying not to sweat it. In the last TBL challenge, I was on the black team but felt that when I posted a gain I was letting the team down so I just quit the challenge. I'm not going to do that this time. Gain or loss - I'm posting it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. I'll be back later.

smurf2110 05-06-2008 09:57 AM

WOW Yesterday was the first time in a long time I drank all of my water and can I just tell you-I spent a lot of the day peeing! Had a great OP day and got in some good exercise.

On with today I will get my yoga/pilates in this morning and hopefully a good walk this afternoon and maybe a short run tonight too.

LondonJulz 05-06-2008 10:37 AM

results are up

LondonJulz 05-06-2008 10:44 AM

yep, results are up!

Congrats to Trooworld for being our biggest loser this week!!! :carrot:

Everyone did great this week! We had 5 ladies who didn't weigh-in (2 of which haven't even set up their weigh in post yet) - it's not TOO terribly bad considering we have over 60 ladies (and MEN :wave: Hi to gsdaddy) on our team this go round!

:soap: Melissa and Chellez both touched on the participation issue in their results threads (as did I), but I just want to stress it again in here. There are some people posting their weigh-ins on the weigh-in thread who have yet to even come into our chat threads. The point of this challenge is the support that you recieve. Melissa said it best when she said that you shouldn't be using this challenge as a place to keep track of your weigh-ins if you're not going to come be a part of your team. So, if you're lurking on the thread - and haven't posted to say "hey" and introduce yourself... please do!!! We all want to know our teammates. Yes, the chat threads are BUSY...this is a GREAT thing because it means that people are being involved! Don't feel like you have to go back and read every single post since the challenge began! Just read what you can, but most importantly - post! We want to know your struggles (we ALL struggle), your victories (it encourages us too!) and just even how your day is going. Okay..... I'm done with that now...lol :D

I hope you all are having a marvelous day! Keep up the good work. You guys are ROCKIN!!!

Keillynsmom 05-06-2008 11:09 AM

Morning, all!

Congratulations to trooworld and to everyone for sticking with it!

I evidently did a little better than I thought in keeping on plan during my lunch out -- it didn't cause the weight bounce that I thought I'd see this morning (I do weigh every day, against all sane advice -- but, hey, I'm an engineer, we crave data).

Tonia, boot camp sounds great -- I've always wanted to do one, even know where, just afraid to because I'm not sure I would manage it. Maybe after I've got a solid six or eight months of exercising under my belt (and 50 lbs from under it!). Is this one of the outdoor in the park things?

Good luck, everyone!

Barb

sunback 05-06-2008 11:38 AM

Morning Black Team!

Just a quick check in from me.... it was a crazy weekend here. My parents were visiting from Portland, which was fun and allowed hubby and I to have a couple "date night's". I managed to stay mostly OP, except for a few too many drinks on Saturday night (UGH, was I regretting that on Sunday!!). Yesterday was my birthday so we had a few margaritas and mexican food (homemade taco salads, so it really wasn't that bad). I haven't worked out since Friday :nono: so I'm pretty disappointed in myself. :( Today my goal is to stay 100% OP, drink all my water, and head to bed early tonight so I can get up tomorrow at 5am and get an awesome workout in. Have a great day everyone!

Purplefirefly 05-06-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trooworld (Post 2187708)
On another note, I wanted some advice from you all: about the exercise challenge (not the team one), the beach hopping one: I don't think I can keep up with the amount of exercise required to earn a badge...should I still sign up every week even though there is a good chance I won't be able to earn one?

I think I read somewhere they said the miles required on that might get longer, so i wondered how a lot of people would keep up with it. If you seriously think there is no way you could do that and it's going to frustrate or disappoint you, then just focus on our challenge here maybe. But I first started to type you should sign up and just give it a try, you never know what you can accomplish if you don't push yourself...BUT I know for a lot of people time is an issue so it might just not be an issue of ability, but capability. So, it's up to you ultimately, but I see no harm in signing up and just trying. You might end up making some badges by the end. This comes from someone who gets her main motivation from exercise challenges, so you have to consider the source here :D

blueyedlvrgirl 05-06-2008 12:02 PM

Good Morning Everyone!
Last night I had an overwhelming out of schoolwork, so I walked at lunch, but had to skip the gym. Tonight I am going though. I think we are going to go on Sat to make up for not going yesterday. I am almost through the New Rules of Lifting for Women and I am looking forward to starting the workouts in it. Yesterday food was good, have to go grocery shopping tonight (UGH!). Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and check in with everyone. Congrats Troo on the being the Biggest Loser this week!!!

TTYL--
Misty

Tonia--I was just at Target and they had Taylor scales on clearance marked down to $4.98. I weighed on my very relaible scale, then on it and it was very accurate. My sister wanted to make sure it was right before getting on it, so we tested it out. I would go there and see if they still have any. They even came with a free pedometer for counting steps! It was originally like $25! Maybe you can find one too!

ceegee 05-06-2008 12:29 PM

Hello Team!

Great job on the exercising!

The fact that it was a pain to add it all together was great bc it means so many of you are really pushing it --keep at it!

Here are my tallies (if they are off -please let me know!!!) as of posts today at 12:15p.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly…. $891
happy2bme………….…. $735 + $25 for exercising the most minutes on 5/3/08!
Purplefirefly…………….. $725
ggmugsy……………….. $646
just keep swimming…… $617
RealCdn………………… $610
dangerouscurves76……. $525
theresia…………………. $516
taragettingthin…………. $515
jenjen…………………… $450
LondonJulz…………….. $445
dream710………………. $420
irishfairy………………… $411
trooworld……………….. $405
Keillynsmom…………… $380
halichick………….…….. $366
switzie6………………… $350
cheetara……………….. $298
sxulcmnky……………… $295
Smurf2110……………… $285
reda355…………………. $275
staja…………………….. $275
JuliaHood………………. $265
maryshady…………….. $265
sunback………………… $225
bethbeth………………… $190
KimL1214………………. $190
chiquita623…………….. $180
hope4me……………….. $175
Gambaru……………….. $110
tonia…………………….. $75
ceegee…………………. $70
glitterlicious……………. $60
lauralee21………………. $30
JustForUs………………. $0
Totally Xonkers………… $0

Just a reminder: If we could switch up the format in our team exercise thread and EDIT YOUR VERY FIRST POST and delete your others, that would be great!

ggmugsy 05-06-2008 12:40 PM

Trooworld! First . . . AWESOME JOB being the Biggest Loser for the Black Team this week!! Whoo-Hooooooooo!! :carrot::hug::D

Regarding the Beach Hop Challenge: I'm not trying to pressure anybody into doing the challenge, but . . . (stopping to climb up onto my soap box . . .)

The purpose of the exercise challenge is to encourage us to move more. It can be ANYTHING. It can be dancing while we vacuum, it can be doing a few sit-ups first thing in the morning or stretching before bed. It doesn't have to be a full 45 minutes sweating like a pig. Next time you find yourself sitting on the couch, watching tv, get up and do a few squats. Short bursts of activity really add up. (Now jumping down off my soap box . . .) ;)

chellez 05-06-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonJulz (Post 2187936)
:soap: Melissa and Chellez both touched on the participation issue in their results threads (as did I), but I just want to stress it again in here. There are some people posting their weigh-ins on the weigh-in thread who have yet to even come into our chat threads. The point of this challenge is the support that you recieve. Melissa said it best when she said that you shouldn't be using this challenge as a place to keep track of your weigh-ins if you're not going to come be a part of your team. So, if you're lurking on the thread - and haven't posted to say "hey" and introduce yourself... please do!!! We all want to know our teammates. Yes, the chat threads are BUSY...this is a GREAT thing because it means that people are being involved! Don't feel like you have to go back and read every single post since the challenge began! Just read what you can, but most importantly - post! We want to know your struggles (we ALL struggle), your victories (it encourages us too!) and just even how your day is going. Okay..... I'm done with that now...lol :D

:hug: :carrot:

ceegee 05-06-2008 01:00 PM

Chellez- love that avatar! Are you:

1) kissing him
2) smelling him
3) about to eat him

What a sweet doggie!

KimL1214 05-06-2008 01:04 PM

So apparently I was extra tired last night, because I don't remember falling asleep.
We're hosting a track meet this afternoon so I will definetely get in at least 10,000 steps. We're also doing a non-scoring weight-mens relay (throwers relay, aka fat kids relay), which I will be running a leg of since I only have three female throwers who don't already have four events.

irishfairy 05-06-2008 01:33 PM

Conrats trooworld,
Well I am really getting motivated by the exercise challenges I didn't realise I was competitive until now lol. I was not barely exercising 15 min a day before this challenge. Now I am forcing time to exercise I even pulled out my turbo jam videos and did them without using the excuse the baby is awake. I am going for a free massage at my moms school tonight so that is going to be GREAT!!! I also have had a mad craving for sushi so my husband bought me california roll sushi to have for lunch today it was AWESOME. to bad it is so expensive I am going to figure out how to make it myself. we are planning a trip to wonderland (theme park here in ontario) on June 9th and I am excited haven't been there in YEARS!!! also its a day of constant walking so lots of exercise. we are packing our own meals so that will be good on the budget and on the calories. my weight loss has really slowed down lately it went up and down for a while and is now on 172. I am hoping to at least lose a b or 2 this week. I can't wait until I reach the 160's!! it seems everytime I get close to the next big milestone my weight loss slows down it did at 210, 200, 190, 180 and now 170 it drives me crazy lol