Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Smile Fitness Bingo Game - Round 3 to bring it home

Each day we'll post 2 activities. If it's one of the activities you selected to fill in on your game card, do the activity and then make a big x in the square. First person to get a T formation on their card - top row across completely filled out and middle column down filled out yells out BINGO and posts it here. If you miss the Tuesday start you can still join in since we randomly pick activities to fill out cards, it's not likely that the game will end after 10 consective draws. Good luck and have some fun doing some things that are good for you!

We will run this game until someone gets a Bingo or we get to December 16.

Activities for Tuesday November 27:
  • Regular Bingo - 30 Jumping Jacks
  • Super Bingo Challenge - No beverages other than water today will pass your lips
Activities for Wednesday November 28:
  • Regular Bingo - Eat 2 servings of Fruit (small to medium piece) AND 2 (half cup) Servings of Vegetables today
  • Super Bingo Challenge - do 1 hour of Fitness Classes or Videos
Activities for Thursday November 29:
  • Regular Bingo - Ride a bike – a real one, an exercise bike or get on the floor and on your back, legs in the air and pump those legs! Go for at least 20 minutes
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Walk the perimeter of EACH room in your house or apartment. Do this 10 times today.
Activities for Friday November 30:
  • Regular Bingo - Do 20 minutes of relaxation – stretching, yoga, or quiet & peaceful thinking
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Substitute 2 items that you had planned on eating for more healthy choices.
Activities for Saturday DECEMBER 1:
  • Regular Bingo - Climb the stairs today – get 5 sets done by the end of the day
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Do 100 Crunches today
Activities for Sunday December 2:
  • Regular Bingo - Do a 20 minute session of Weight Lifting
  • Super Bingo Challenge - No matter where you go today – take the LONG way to get there – take extra steps every chance you can. Or if you watch TV, every time a commercial comes on you have to march in place or do crunches during the commercial break.
Activities for Monday December 3:
  • Regular Bingo - Drink at least 48 ounces of water
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Take a walk after lunch today
Activities for Tuesday December 4:
  • Regular Bingo - Take a fitness class or do a fitness video
  • Super Bingo Challenge - It's a colors of the rainbow fruit and vegetable eating day – eat ½ cup of a red item, a green item , a yellow item, and - chose at least one of the following - orange , blue or purple item. If it’s white get it out of sight – no white items (potatoes) allowed. Bananas are ok because they are yellow on the outside. Same goes for apples.
Activities for Wednesday December 5:
  • Regular Bingo - 50 - yes, 50 crunches today
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 60 minutes of a cardio routine of your choice today
Activities for Thursday December 6:
  • Regular Bingo - 30 minutes of a cardio routine of your chosing - dance to jingle bell rock!
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Put some extra steps in your day - everywhere you go today - take the LONG way to get there. Take a walk around the office, walk through extra rooms in the house, take the stairs just because...
Activities for Friday December 7:
  • Regular Bingo - March in place or around the room for 15 minutes
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 50 Jumping Jacks or Knee to chest lifts
Activities for Saturday December 8:
  • Regular Bingo - Try a new fitness activity
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Each time you pass a set of stairs today, go up and down 2 flights.
Activities for Sunday December 9:
  • Regular Bingo - Eat 2 servings of Vegetables today
  • Super Bingo Challenge - No eating anything 2 hours before bedtime tonight - 3 hours would be better. For example - if you go to bed at 10pm then you don't eat anything more after 7 or 8pm tonight
Activities for Monday December 10:
  • Regular Bingo - Walk or jog 1 mile today
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Do 30 minutes of relaxation – stretching, yoga or just quiet and peaceful thinking. Can be broken into 3, ten minute sessions if that works better with your schedule
Activities for Tuesday December 11: Since this is the last week of the challenge, let's kick it up a notch
  • Regular Bingo - Double up! - 20 Squats AND 20 Lunges
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Double up! Take a 30 minute Power Walk or do sprints AND “No Sugar Tonight” – or all day for that matter. You can't eat anything with refined sugar in it today.
Activities for Wednesday December 12:
  • Regular Bingo - Double up! - Eat 2 servings of fruit today AND do 20 push ups
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Double up! 20 minutes of dancing to your favorite songs – singing along optional! AND 15 minutes of stretching upon wakening, 15 minutes of stretching before bed with 10 deep, slow cleansing breaths.
Activities for Thursday December 13:
  • Regular Bingo - Get your blood pressure checked (many pharmacies have machines where you can check your pressure) AND why not walk over there because your other challenge is to... Take lots of extra steps today. No matter where you go today – take the LONG way to get there.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - 50 Push Ups AND 50 Squats AND Find 2 new healthy snacks (with nutrition info) and post your finds on the thread to share with your team members.
Activities for Friday December 14:
  • Regular Bingo - Park your car at the far end of the parking lot today and walk a little farther.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Run, bike, swim. Ok so maybe it’s too cold to swim. “Air Swim”. Stand in place and curve your arms cutting through the air for at least 5 minutes. Run in place if you can’t jog outside. Bike on a real one, an exercise one or on your back legs pumping in the air.

Well my silent, game playing lurkers - the game ends this weekend. As is my habit, I am posting both the weekend's activities now so that I can carry on with the Christmas things in my life. Hope you enjoyed the game and best wishes for continued success in your weightloss and fitness goals.

Activities for Saturday December 15:
  • Regular Bingo - 15 minutes of stretching AND get 8 hours of sleep in tonight.
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Two 30 minute sessions of weight lifting today and tomorrow. Upper body one day, lower body the next. (You can X this off the first day, just make sure you do the other set tomorrow.
Activities for Sunday December 16:
  • Regular Bingo - 20 minutes of stretching (sorry - it just worked out that these were the last activities)
  • Super Bingo Challenge - Park your car at the far end of the parking lot for the next 3 days and get some extra walking in. (Maybe a quick jog if it's raining). Make sure you get in at least 30 minutes more than you would typically work out. (Shouldn't be hard this time of year when we're all hustling and bustling for various reasons)

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-15-2007 at 01:38 AM. Reason: the final activities
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Default Welcome to Round 3

Back by popular request. We're going to play another round to see us through the rest of our challenge here.

See the Round 2 thread for instructions on how to set up your game card and how to play. Click here to bring up the Instructions and scroll down to the second post

PLEASE NOTE - This time around rather than the usual way of playing bingo, we're going to mix it up a little by going for a T formation on your card which means you have to get the top row across filled in and the center row down filled in before you can yell out bingo

Everyone is welcome to join in - no matter how you found your way here to 3FC. The purpose is to get some healthy activities into your life. Each activity is designed to be done pretty quickly so it doesn't get in the way of other things in your life.

I try to pick the daily activities the night before so that you can pick them up first thing in the morning.

Have some fun and let's get rolling. Game starts Tuesday November 27 but you can join in at any time. Be sure to either cross out your free square in the middle (regular bingo) or do your extra activity for the free square if you're playing Super Bingo within the first 5 days of the game so that someone else doesn't beat you out getting their row filled.

Ask questions if you need to and have fun.

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-27-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

bump for Wednesday
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 AM   #4  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Question

Happy, it occurred to me that if we only play the T-formation from the top of the board, some people may not do any of the exercises that aren't within that upper-most row or in the center row going down. What do you think about a T-formation from all four sides? That way, there are only four spaces on the bingo card that might not get done.

Yes? No? Maybe?

- Sonja
Old 11-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

Fluffy,

That's a good point and a great suggestion however, I think we might defer that variation for the next time only because we are coming to the end of this session. I committed to pulling activities until December 16, after that I have several holiday committments that are most likely going to take me away from the computer until the beginning of the new year. So for this round, we are only having 20 draws total and I'm not sure that's enough to complete the formation you suggested. Heck with 20 draws, not sure we'll even get a T formation in time. But at least it's 20 healthy things you've done for yourself and that's what's important, right?

Of course, if someone else wanted to pick and post activities for me from the 17th on - I have no problem with that. Since you can't edit my post, you could just continue with a post of your own in this thread and I'd edit my first post to refer people down the page.

If people find this activity useful, I'd hate to stop it I just know I will have other stuff going on after the 17th and I hate to leave people hanging...

Thoughts anyone?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

bump for Thursday's update
Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

Friday's activities posted. Where did November go to?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:08 AM   #8  
Choose your hard

Welcome December.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #9  
Choose your hard

Bump for Monday
Old 12-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

Bump for Tuesday's stuff
Old 12-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #11  
Choose your hard

another day, another fitness activity. How's everyone doing?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

Happy St. Nick's Day today. Hope Santa filled your stocking with the good stuff. Now be good kids and go do your exercises
Old 12-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #13  
Choose your hard

Ooops - somehow my Thursday activities didn't get posted. Sorry All is well now so get busy
Old 12-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

Bump for Friday
Old 12-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #15  
Choose your hard

'Stuff's up for the weekend...