TBL Ongoing chat for Blue, Red & Black teams.

You're on Page 10 of 44
Go to
  • Morning ladies! How is everyone? It is raining hard, windy and miserable outside today... makes me wish I was at home in my pj's with some hot chocolate and a book, rather than working. I've read some interesting articles this week about winter weather and carb-cravings... something to do with it being the bodies natural response to lowered serotonin levels. That certainly explains some things! This week has been especially bad - all I want is pastries and pasta all the time. Siiiigh. On Friday I'll be back at home and can concentrate on really healthy eating with my mum, because she's trying to lose weight too. Then it'll be back here just before the new year, with a fresh commitment to myself!

FrouFrou - let me know how Turbo Jam is - I've been debating whether it should be part of my Boxing Day sales shopping list.

ksk571 - You can get right back on track - we all have those weeks where it all goes to pot. It helps to have those physical reactions and reminders, I find - overeating and feeling ill helps me the next time I'm tempted.

BellyBuster - Glad you are coming back to join us all! Sorry to hear it's been a stressful time for you, but glad it's all passed and you can be a part of the next challenge!

Hun.e.B - Congrats on getting the shopping almost done! I still have so much to do.

dream710 - Congrats on surviving at bowling! Maybe the plus side to running around doing all those last minute things is a little more moving around time?

Amberelise - congrats on getting to the gym most days! I'm so sorry to hear about your hair - how frustrating - I hope you work something out with the doctor.

likenoother - "My plan is to not deny myself but not go crazy either." - that's about what my plan for the holidays is, too! How do you feel about how the finale went?

LondonJulz - that's crazy about all your extra hours at work, but hooray for extra money at the holidays!
  • Good morning ladiesss!!!

How are you all today? I'm pretty good. I exercised for 25 mins while watching TBL finale this morning!! That helped me feel really pumped so I did lots of cleaning right after, lol. Julie did way better than I thought she would, just because the other girls don't have a child at home to feed several times a day and Bill is a guy! I'm so proud of her and the others. I love that show. I'm so happy there is another one just around the corner on the 1st!!! Onederland is calling my name.

Ksk, I know you feel down about gaining a bit. Don't let it overwhelm you. This is a long process and we all have those times where we go up in weight for whatever reason, mine is usually lots of salt the day b4 and also when it's TOM. It will come right back off if you stay focused. You can do this. Glad that you keep posting, it helps more than you'll ever know.

Buster, you sound sooo committed! I love it! Being that determined really matters too. That way, it doesn't matter what food is in front of you at a party, what someone says to you on an off day, no matter what happens, you continue to go forward, to get back on the wagon. Sounds like the break up really wasn't such a bad thing. I'll bet it's the beginning of something great for you in 2008!!

Melissa, OMG me too. Christmas is usually my favorite time of year and I stay super busy during it all. Of course the worst for me this year was my FIL passing and the viewing and funeral, we miss him so much, thank God my friend Tata helped me. I don't know what I would have done without her. My dad and brother came to the funeral and mom came the day b4 and stayed overnight, but having Tata here while we were all gone helped sooo much. Anyway, eating on the go makes me feel sick sometimes bc I'm so used to my healthier foods too. I so know what you mean. Soon enough January will be here and we'll be headed back in the right direction bc really there are no big holidays til Easter, right??

Bridgette, you sound like the rest of us, so swamped during this time of year. I can't wait for the special treats and all that to go away too! What do you mean a 'bowling party'? Are you on a league? I always loved it but never joined a league. Now I've had surgery on my wrist and may need another one so we plan to get a Wii and bowl that way! Fun fun stuff and good for you too!

Amber, I'm sorry to hear about you losing your hair, I hope they find something that will help. I love working out at a gym. Sadly, I never get there bc I'm alone with my kids alot. So I just make it a point to move when I watch TV, except when I may have already done enough that day. Luckily, my dh has a weight bench and stationary bike, etc. in the garage with a TV, not that I ever make it out there either, that's a goal for this year, to start back with weights, at least in my legs. Are you gaining muscle like you want to? I was working out alot and my shoulders and arms started looking great b4 my doc said no more. I was really disappointed I had to stop. I just do some like toning with arm lifts and no weights now. :sigh: I like your goal of going all week, it sounds good bc you are out and about anyway, and weekends just stay home from everywhere. Sounds like a great plan!!

Likenoother, I'm sorry it's been a struggle for you lately. I hope things get more focused for you soon. I can't say I hope they get easier bc usually it isn't very easy! BUT.. The year of 2008 can be a great year for all of us. Like Dr. Phil says.. we are going to be here doing whatever anyway, all year. Why not do something that at the end of that year we feel great about ourselves and not worse. Just take it one day at a time. Big hugs to you.

Julz, OMG! You are gonna lose way more than me bc you are working so much!! Seriously, when I worked at Walmart, I was 20 yrs old, which helped but I walked the whole time and lost tons and barely watched what I ate! Have fun at your parents!!

Practice, Awww, sounds like you had fun with your Brownies. Too cute. Sorry you got burned tho, I have done that with my glue gun and it's a shock just how hot that thing gets. Ouch. I also know what you mean about personals. What are we going to do when every on all 3 teams are chatting? Really? How can we keep up with them all? I still am not sure I like the giant thread. Hmmm..

Anna, my 2 yr old does the same thing. But like you said, everything has a price. Cleaning up after her keeps me moving too so guess it's a good thing sometimes.. LOL!

Diva, OMG ice on the inside of the window? Wow, we never get that cold. We want it sometimes but I guess it could get annoying. It's in the 70s right now here in Texas. Dec.19th! Geez!!! Oh well, what can we do? LOL. Love your post from Jillian, I lovvvve her!!!!

Tina, you are soooo close to your goal!! YOU are an inspiration to me!! You went from over 200 to the 140s, to a place I've nevvvver been! Don't worry during the busy time of Christmas. I'd be happy to just maintain if I was that close! You are in the next challenge right?? You'll hit goal in no time!! :

Rhonda, you are doing this next challenge right?? I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see which teams we are all on too! Happy Late Anniversary too, hope you had a good one!!

Hi to everyone here! Looking forward to this next challenge with you all. Big hugs, Selina
  • I wish I could respond to each of you individually like so many of you take the time to do. I don't think I type fast enough to put something together like that. It would take me all day.

There is no new word on the hair loss issue. My doctor is hoping that it's from stress because if it's from the drug I'm SOL. (It's a side effect in 7% of people that take coumadin.) Soooo, we're just going to wait. She says you lose hair from stress about 2 - 3 months after the stressful situation. My Mom attempted suicide 2 months ago so my dr. is hoping that is the cause of my hair loss. *shrug*

Yes, we made it to the gym last night. We're packed and going again tonight. My fiance is picking me up early from work so we have time to go and get showered in time for dinner with my sister. Tomorrow night I'm taking the bus home so my fiance can go by himself to pick up his sister from the airport. I can either go to the gym once I get home (unlikely) or just try out my brand new Christmas gift from the dog. That's right, my dog bought me DDR for Christmas.
  • Quote: That's right, my dog bought me DDR for Christmas.
    Awww! What a great dog! My dogs just get me wads of their hair collected at the baseboards!!!
  • Amber, I love DDR.. I'm hoping to get DDR Universe 2 for christmas.. I finally got A's on all the songs on the Basic level.. it gets tough.. lol I love it!
  • {{{{{Melissa}}}}}

I got my BooBoo Bag today! Thank you so much gf! It'll def come in handy when I hurt my knees and ankles working out. Not to mention the horrible TOM craps! I jus lubs ya!!!

Gotta cook dinner but I'll be back later. I've had a strange day...
  • Oh good! I hope you enjoy your prize you definetly earned it. I love it for the back of my neck when I'm stressed doing homework.

~melissa
  • Expect a miracle and never allow your sense of wonder to fade. Miracles aren't only made from dreams, they are most often the result of everyday non-glamorous activities like thinking, working and persevering. Every one of us is a miracle and that's why we can make miracles happen, if we think, believe, work and help other people. Miracles are made by people who can because they think they can.

Believe that problems do have answers, that they can be overcome, and that you can solve them. These positive-belief thoughts will strongly tend to bring back belief results.
    — Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
  • Onthetee--I won't even use initials or an acronym here. I laughed so hard about your 3 year old. It may be funnier to me because I don't have kids.

Practice--Finale: I liked it. I just wasn't as into the show this year. There wasn't any contestant I was really pulling for. I was pulling for Bob.

Soon2BFitChick & Dream--I will get through this. I really have some things going on that are weighing heavy on my mind and of course I am an emotional eater. I am finally thinking if I don't seek counseling I will never beat this weight loss thing. You know you have to get to the root of the issue first. I know what it is and I've known for years I just didn't want to touch it. Then you add other stuff on top of it and it just snowballs. What a mess....
  • Good morning ladies! I can't believe it's Thursday already. Today is the Christmas program for my two youngest. My husband is coming home early today to go with me. I used to like when they would have a afternoon and evening performance....just a lot of the dads work during the day, and can't get off work. I know it's only a 20-30 min. show, but it's something that means a lot to the kids, so I'm glad Kev was able to get off early. After the show were going to run to Wal-Mart and Toy's R Us for a few things. Actually we need to return stuff. I went and got my hair cut yesterday, and I feel so much better. It's like you never really no know how bad you really needed it cut until it's cut and your like "holy cow!" Well that's how it happens to me everytime So this weekend is just going to be spent relaxing at home with my family and catching up on a bunch of Christmas shows I've taped. Yesterday I made a nice pork roast for dinner so I have leftovers for tonight and tomorrow. I have to get my cleaning done between today and tomorrow. Not much more happening here though.

Shay- I have often thought the same thing about going to get counseling to find the root of my emotional eating. Like you though I know what it is and I don't have it in me to deal with it right now. I do know though that is will be a huge key to kicking this habit. Someday I hope to be strong enough to dive into it. Hang in there though

Amber- I think your going to really really LOVE your DDR! Hopefully like your doctor said the hair loss is a result of stress, and you have had stress. I could not imagine having to go through that. When I was about 16 my mom was married to a real jerk and he put her down all the time. She went to a really bad spot during that time and was actually hospitalized because we were scared she would try to harm herself. Just the thought of it though scared me to death to actually of had her attempt it would have been awful. I hope your mom is doing better now and is getting the help to work through whatever made her attempt this. Is coumadian a fertility drug? The reason I ask is my SIL was on it and she had the same problem your having. She did end up getting pregnent with twin girls though, so she said it was well worth it For a women though hair loss is no joke. Hang in there hun~

Selina- Your so close to onederland it's not even funny! I hope you see just how amazing your doing with this journey I know I've said it a million times, but your really a great role model. BTW your pics in the mini-goal album were fantastic...your a knockout girl

Marianne- A book and some hot coco sound really good to me I have to agree my carb cravings are way higher during the winter. I think it's a survival thing though.

Well ladies I'm not too sure that I'll be able to get back on until after the holidays, but I want to wish you all a blessed holiday I'm looking forward to starting the next challenge and giving myself the best gift of all...finally reaching my goal weight
  • I'm up a lb. Uggh. I haven't gone over my cals so I KNOW it's not real but I hate seeing it!!!!

Ok, I'm done ranting.

Good morning!! Hope you all have a great day. My friend is coming and we are cooking lunch and chatting b4 the boys come home, and Emily likes to play with her baby girl Gianna so it's good for us all. My dh is still taking his dad's death very hard. It's just so sad to have to watch it and not be able to help in any way. I'm just not putting any demands on him and reminding him it won't just go away, it takes time. He and his mom seem to be taking it the worst, he's the baby, and once his dad and mom retired they spent lots more time with us than anyone I think. He just misses him so much.

Oh, and I did measure, I'm down so that's good. Just so mad I can't get to Onederland. My goal is 197 by TBL kickoff. I better get there!!!!

Hugs, Selina
  • Have power expectations; don't sweat the small stuff. Recognize, appreciate and utilize the great potential that's in each one of us and expect from it only the best. If you really believe something, act-as-if it were so with supreme confidence.

Dr. Peale

-----------------------------------------------------
    Hey, I would like to know maybe 3 things from everyone that helps them on this journey each day. What do you do that has helped you succeed in losing? Do you read a quote? Do you have a ritual when you first wake up? Do you talk to someone who helps?

We can learn from each other but we rarely talk about how we are losing.

Here are 3 of mine:

1. I realized that I CAN throw food away. It's ok to do it. Just wrap it up and chunk it. I get cravings and I'll go get a burger and a piece of pie and each half of each and throw the rest away without caring. I couldn't do that b4. But that food won't help me or anyone else if I eat it. Cuts my cals for that meal in half, from 820 to 410. Can't beat that. This also applies to our kids' plates when they don't finish. TRASH (or dog or fridge for next time)!!

2. I weigh every day. I didn't like to before but seems to really help me now. Now, it can't creep back up without me knowing about it! Try this.. weigh b4 bed and after you get up. For me, the difference is sometimes 3 lbs. How is that? Also, my weight goes up alot around TOM, sometimes 5 lbs. Knowing how your own body works will help you when the scale is going crazy bc you'll know why and won't fret about it.

3. Post every day that you are physically able to. Just say one word. Hello. Then hit post and leave the computer if you have to. At least that helps to tell yourself that you are in this game! You are worth this! You have at least made 2 minutes time for yourself out of the day, for you and your goal. Just post hello. It makes a world of difference. Before you know it this challenge will be over too and you'll be that much closer to goal.

I hope these may help some of you, please post some of yours, I need all the help I can get.
  • DISCLAIMER; I apologize for any potty mouth language...
    Ok..OMG! What a day I had yesterday.... Okay I agreed to watch my dude's co-worker/best friends(james) little girl(Emily) some day's over the Holiday's since school is out and him and his wife will both be working. Now a little background story about his wife. She is a pill popping loser who has put James through the wringer and he had ALL intentions on putting her bauut out after the Holiday's. She's pout him in debt, they've lost their furniture, almost lost the truck and for a week we had to supply him in groceries. Not to mention a loan from one of the "big guys" at work. BUT turns out she's pregnant, and now james sees this as a "sign" from God not to throw away 16 yrs of marriage. So I am like..Okay, I supose I can "try" and like this woman. So on to yetserday:

It was bloody interesting... Dudes co-worker's wife brings their little girl over for me to babysit. All was fine until about 20 minutes later she comes knocking on my door. She wrecked the truck. She's fine...just had to climb out and walk here. Drove it straight down some steep *** hill, between 2 trees and it'll need a tow truck. I have very little gas and absolutely NO cash on my person and told her this. So she calls her man and a bunch of people. Good thing my long distance is free.

Anyways, we had to go around the corner where it happned, which is next to a Golf country club, with tiny lanes and no where to park because it's 2 tiny lanes and one VERY steep plunge down onto the golf course. At first when we go, we pass 2 cops, and then when we get there there are 2 more cops and the tow truck, BUT she tells me to keep going because she has no drivers license. grrrr...So here I am driving past these people looking completely guilty. I felt like a teenager. So we drive to the country club so preggers can smoke her 3rd cig and decided what she wants to do.... FINALLY the skank...OOPS, I mean Missy, decides to go back and "face the music"...Well apparently, her man who called the tow truck knows the guy, so he covered for her and said her man was driving but had to get to work, so he left it there and she was just bringing the keys. We spend almost 2 hours there because it was hard for Hillbilly buttcrack bubba tow truck dude to get the car out... Meanwhile I am sitting in my truck parked in one of the tiny lanes ON TOP OF A HILL with Em waiting...... While all these people pass me by looking at me like I'M the idiot. Turns out, she's done this before....So finally we get back to the house in time to catch the tail end of AMC and I am trying still to find something about this woman to like. Also trying to calm her nerves.... So much for getting my hair colored and doing my facial..I'm stuck with her all day until the guys get off work which they are usually home by 4. Nothing like a "crash" course in getting to know you 101. So I am trying to make conversation with Mrs NON personality and turns out she's a Scorpio like my best friend JB, so I am like ok...maybe I can fine some JB like qualities in her...maybe she's not so bad...MAYBE under different circumstances, she can be cool... AS IF. What a skank. She chained smoked ALL day. I put her out on the porch for that... And when she wasn't sleeping and snoring sitting up on the couch she was coughing and hacking and basically complianing about everything. OMG! First of all, if I was lucky enough to ever be pregger's again, there is NO way in **** i would ever do anything to hurt my baby.

So the ONE freakin day something happens, the dudes have to work late. It was almost 6 pm before they got here and then my dude had to run them all over before he could get them home. We didn't get to sit down and eat dinner until 9 pm.

Never again I tell ya. I WILL NOT be forced into a friendship with preggers chain smoking non personality having skank! Uh uh NO way jose!!!! I'll spend Christmas Eve here alone if need be.
  • BTW, I was already in a total mood yesterday because I was mad at Dude because of the arguement the night before. So here I am in a mood, totally not liking him very much and having to put up with HIS friends skank of a wife...grrrrrr

He DID however, come home and apologized, hugged me and begged for my forgiveness. Which is a FIRST in history. Yup that's right ladies, HISTORY was made yesterday....I am still not getting the treadmill though.

I am concerned with all this fighting though because we spent our first 5 yrs togetherhardly ever argueing...maybe once or twice ayr, and now since we've decided to get married, we do it all the time....
  • I love that Bah Humbug guy, Diva! I swear sometimes you do just feel like that around this time of yearLOL!