Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 11:09 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good morning, Coaches.

Yesterday i worked four hours in the yard. I should do that again today but I forgot to set my alarm and it would be too hot. So I will work on cleaning out the garage for a bit and then work on some errands. I also did the climbmill for an hour.

Food was OP. I had a box checker smoothie with ginger, greens, banana and flaxseed. I had a great tortilla with hummus, avocado and a little cheese. I sprinkled the ground black cumin instead of pepper. I weighed myself twice.

I have to crack and roast more pecans. I miss them in my morning breakfast.

Penny: I can't believe it is 115 degrees in Washington. that doesn't make sense to me.
BBE: Your ATM visit reminded me I need to get some Peruvian coinage.
Gardenerjoy: Credit for intentional exercise.
Culeyjax: Nice to be an observer. You will learn a lot about your new place of business.
Karen: That camp chair is SOOOOO nice. I need to buy a new one. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:35 AM   #182  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday - London's Tower Bridge opens (1894)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Event was to go to the house of a friend to help him register for classes this fall. It bugs him immensely that he has difficulty working his computer when the whole left half of his body is shut down by a stroke. Helping is difficult because it's sometimes child-like helping for a 92-year-old man who knows that he's being treated like a child because that's what he needs. We got it done; he was pleased. CREDIT moi for acting like a human being.

Eating was on plan with no daytime snacks, CREDIT moi. And, no evening snack because it was simply too hot to want to eat. Dinner included corn-on-the-cob; it's getting to be so good with large, juicy kernels. I eat it without butter and salt to better taste the corn itself. And, without the butter, I justify that all those calories are good for me. Maybe not. But certainly tasty. The only noteworthy event at the supermarket was that I found myself dallying about - because it was so refreshingly air-conditioned.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - I share your notion of wanting an active passport even if I don't have immediate plans for an out-of-country trip. Thanks for the warning that Canada requires more than a U.S. driver's license now.

maryann - Was impressed when I saw the video of a large adult black bear and three cubs taking a swim at a South Lake Tahoe beach. The humans in bathing suits didn't disperse - just stood there watching. You Lake Tahoe folks are pretty tough; don't think I'd have stayed that close. That tortilla sounds good.

Karen (karenrn) - Waving toward the hills somewhere in California.

curlyjax - Love the thought of being an "innocent bystander" at a meeting where it all hangs out. Your dinner sound yummy.

Penny. - Kudos for planting an anti-sabotage note to yourself. Your 115 degrees F is just unreal. Methinks I'd be as wilted as your plants.

Readers -
Quote:
Success Skill 6 Overcome Hunger, Cravings, and Emotional Eating

experiment 1 Prove to yourself that you confuse hunger with other states.

Most of the dieters I've worked with initially thought they knew wheat hunger was, but they didn't. Whenever they wanted to eat, they thought, I'm hungry, even if they had just finished a large meal half an hour before.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), Pg 73.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:06 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

The work meeting went well yesterday, and I had a positive interaction with the director who has been a pain, so that was good. I’m seen as the “good cop” which is a nice position to be in. I did fairly well eating yesterday finally, and got some late “exercise” in by moving about in my friend’s pool in the early evening. That combined with my early morning walk was pretty good for these high temps. Her pool ladder broke so it was quite exciting to get in and out of the above ground pool- we ended up putting a step ladder inside the pool and another outside of it. She is quite inventive!
It feels like its been a long week but its only wednesday! Tonight I have to help DD practise for her CNA test which she takes thursday, and then she’ll be less stressed.
Penny- I haven’t been bowling for eons either, have fun!
Maryann- you are getting some awesome functional exercise in!
Gardenerjoy- definitely a good idea to have passport, you never know when you’ll have the opportunity. That reminds me, i need to get my real ID or whatever its called so i can get onto a domestic plane when i do travel.
Bill-thanks for the video, that was something! Corn does have some good nutrients plus fiber so you can feel good about eating it.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:30 AM   #184  
Green Tomatoes

I have food and exercise planned -- CREDIT. Things go much better for me when I have a plan.

Today's adventure will be grocery-shopping. I'm planning for an early afternoon run so that I can get my creative work completed this morning and use shopping as a welcome break.

Exercise +45, 1380/1400 minutes for June
Old 06-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #185  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Yesterday was on plan and weight is down.

My bowling date was canceled over concerns of the Delta variant of covid. We will meet for outdoor dining tomorrow, now that the heatwave is over.

I'm psyching myself up for a hike this momorning, not looking forward to being sore, but eager to have such a nice block of time with another Fredrik Backman book.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 06-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

I spent about five hours figuring out how to fix our sprinklers. I knew going in that it would take several trips to the hardware store. Learning new DIY stuff always does. I was able to adjust/replace everything but one head for which I couldn't find parts . I minimized its spray instead. On the whole I was quite proud of myself. I still have no idea why anyone likes gardening/ yardwork. I still have much to do outside and in the garage but I am taking the day to make a master list of Peru needs. Then I am off to REI before my shrink appt. to buy everything.

Food was OP in that I am avoiding red light foods but I am grazing and need to stop. One of the problems is my lack of nuts in the morning. It makes me dissatisfied with my breakfast and I think I try to make up for it in the day. So easy enough - until I have time to crack pecans, I will buy some from the store.

BBE: It infuriates me people are so stupid about wildlife. Those people in the video will be the first to sue someone for being attacked by a bear. They are also the ones that fall in the Grand Canyon to their death ignoring signs or start crying when their children are hurt while trying to put them on the backs of "cute" dear. When I encounter a bear I am noisy and big if I can't go in the other direction quickly.
curleyjax: Yeah for positive steps at work.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:38 PM   #187  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick check in. We completed our first 4 days of hiking with a great group of people. One couple was so nice we are staying the night in their home in Incline Village and they are on their way home to Oakland. We had wonderful showers and will sleep on a bed. Our bear cans are reloaded with food and packs ready for the next section. We plan to be on the trail at Mt Rose by 7 tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:37 AM   #188  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the July 2021 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – July 2021 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:

List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Closed Thread