3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   Beck Diet For Life/Solution – August 2020 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/319242-beck-diet-life-solution-%96-august-2020-%96-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html)

onebyone 08-30-2020 10:12 PM

Last August Sunday, 2020

Evening Coaches

First off, DH doesn't have the Covid! He couldnt believe how quickly his results.came.back. He was tested at 5pm Saturday and at 7:09am Sunday he got his results via email. Amazing. And what relief. I was.extra.vigilant while teaching today. My.mask.didnt come.down.at all.while I.was.with anyone. I didn't.know if I should have.cancelled.the.class.or.not either as I didn't have symptoms. I'm going to have to.run this scenario by the makerspace.people as.it.may come up again. This time.round we're good. Phew.

Tomorrow I drove an hour north to Georgian College in Barrie. The art tech there is giving me a.cartload(?) of glaze.for.ceramics. they need.to.get rid of it so she thought of me. I.will.share it with 3 to 4 people if its as much as she says it is.

Foodwise, better! Much more disciplined with waiting and then eating but once eating I ate past full again. Food choice was fine again. Just quantity. The kitchen closed before 6 and that was my goal. Credit.

Scale moved down to 277.2. A .6 drop.
:coach: Hey Scale! Don't stop there!

Gotta sleep now. Personals soon.

:wave:

BillBlueEyes 08-31-2020 05:47 AM

Monday - President Obama re-designates Alaska’s Mt. McKinley as Denali (2015)

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Walked, CREDIT moi, with DW, DS and his SO about Mount Auburn Cemetery in the breezy afternoon. The place is just so quietly spectacular and peaceful. I asked DS if he had met any of the folks his company had newly hired. "They encourage us to take the new hires to lunch one-on-one - even pick up the tab. Was a tad awkward via Zoom." Trying to imagine the awkwardness of eating my own lunch on Zoom while 'meeting' a current employee - eating his own lunch. Didn't ask if he had submitted a reimbursement request for his homemade peanut butter and jelly sandwich, LOL.

Eating was on plan with no daytime snacks, CREDIT moi. Evening snack was another Gala Apple - don't tire of them. Omelets for dinner with a garden tomato salad (tomato, olive oil, basil). Even though we were out on the patio in the wind, we came in exactly when done as the temperatures were dropping. It's only 60 degrees F outside right now. Summer might be fading.

onebyone - Super that your DH doesn't have COVID-19. That is some fast results. Do you think Canada would be willing to give us some tips on how to respond rapidly down here? Yay for a windfall of ceramic glazes. Congrats for every little drop on the scale.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Yep, Kudos indeed, for recognizing your emotions instead of just responding to them.

Karen (karenrn) - Continue to wish your MIL well in her recovery. You sound like you're taking precautions very seriously.

curlyjax - Ouch for the zucchini fiasco. You did make me drool for some zucchini. Since DW no longer has them in the garden, we don't eat it very often.

Penny. - Bon Voyage on your 30 day yoga journey. Wishing you well on the dating scene.

Readers -
Quote:

chapter 2 Experience the Difference

This time, you can go on to a lifetime of weight maintenance. You won't lose the weight just to regain it again, then go on yet another diet, and lose weight again.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), Pg 31.

curlyjax 08-31-2020 07:15 AM

I felt much better yesterday thank goodness. I did fairly well staying OP except for eating ice cream for dessert, which I asked manfriend to bring, and I ate too much of. We had a nice walk and then I made dinner instead of eating out.
I had a nice chat with DD who is feeling a bit lonely at college; it is very different with taking classes online and really not seeing other kids as she lives off campus also. I feel badly for her and the other kids, its a hard situation.
Penny; love the womanfriend, ha! People do need connection to get us thru this.
Karen- I’m sure you do miss your Otis, he sounds like such a sweet pup. You are being so great with your MIL, I hope you get home soon.
Gardenerjoy-good job not eating over emotions
Onebyone- so glad your DH is okay! Nice that you can still teach during all this.
Bill-”taking” someone to lunch via Zoom does seem a bit silly. Summer is indeed fading.

maryann 08-31-2020 08:55 AM

Good Morning, Coaches.

I worked this weekend to catch up on correcting. It feels good to not start the week behind.

A losing plan has turned into a maintenance plan as I never seem to be done with the kitchen. I keep wandering into the kitchen between teaching sessions. I have only lost a total of .2 pounds this month. I still haven't gotten back to exercise even though I did do two hours of gardening on Saturday.First things first. I will start where I always start which is sitting while eating. Today, I can eat anything I want ( except sugar) but I must do it sitting down and log it. This is how I started in the beginning of Beck and it forced me to realize how much I was eating.

Off to plan the morning sessions.

Karen: Thinking of your MIL. I visited mine yesterday and she seems ok but lonely because of the covid shut down.

gardenerjoy 08-31-2020 11:05 AM

Credit for smashing my August exercise goal, with a day to spare.

Today's adventures are a curbside pick-up of library books and a trip to Whole Foods. I'm looking forward to new scenery.

Exercise +70, 1450/1400 minutes for August

karenrn 08-31-2020 10:37 PM

Good evening coaches,

Food was on plan yesterday and it was today also, except then I added a cookie after dinner. I did get a good walk in today. Mil has a cold and so far I am just fine. Bil and sil got home today. I was thinking it was going to be today and then I thought tomorrow. Anyway, I am glad they are home, but now Iearned their next trip is 9/22 thru 9/29. I just can't stay that long without losing my mind. I didn't ever change my plane ticket for 9/10 and might just keep that.

I'm too tired to write personals, so I'll hope for those in the morning.

onebyone 08-31-2020 11:32 PM

Summing up the day

Hello Coaches
So last day of Augist. Is the summer coming to an end? Hard to talk about how this summer had been. Hot. It's been hot. For me it has been focused on health events. I look forward to continuing to drop weight and to work toward increasing my health. I'll know more about that topic when my blood test results arrive.

Today I was supposed to drive north but as I left my neighborhood the car developed a very loud rattling that felt.like it was going to break in two. It was like a big rock was bouncing around somewhere under the trunk. It was loud so I turned the next corner and headed back home. The car has an appt for 8:30am. Geez. Even the car needs a.check up.
While I had the whole.day ahead of me I did nothing. I just frittered it away. That is something that happens often with me now. I think it takes a lot of emotional energy to get out there to do stuff and when my plans change I don't have reserves to do it again for something else. It's frustrating.
I'll say goodnight!

BillBlueEyes 09-01-2020 06:06 AM

Discussion continues on the September 2020 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – September 2020 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:

List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach